Puppy Love

Three Beagles and a Kitty: Epilogues

I'm back, finally. Summer break is here, so hopefully I can start updating regularly again. Hope you guys like this cute fluffy chapter :) 


It was a peaceful Monday morning in the Wu household. Baekhyun hummed quietly as Chanyeol nuzzled into his cheek. He’d been laying on top of him for the past hour as the beagles had been relaxing together. The two had been alone since around 8 o’ clock that morning and would probably remain that way for the next few hours.

Kris had taken both Tao and Chen to the hybrid vet for a checkup. Initially, it was just going to be a kitty checkup for Tao, but Kris decided to bring the catdog along to make sure everything was going well with his cat health as well.

Thus the beagle duo of Baekhyun and Chanyeol were left to themselves. It was nice being able to spend time with each other. The longtime friends were rarely ever able to have moments with just the two of them ever since Chen and Tao had come to live with them. They loved their friends dearly, but it was nice to just enjoy each other’s presence. The television was on, but neither was really watching the drama that was playing. Baekhyun’s eyes were half lidded as he tried to get a bit more rest, while Chanyeol was too preoccupied with the intense nuzzle fest he was having with the older dog. Though Baekhyun wasn’t cuddling him back, Chanyeol didn’t mind. He was fine pouring out his love onto others without receiving anything in return. He knew that the feeling was mutal, even if the stamina wasn't.

Baekhyun greatly enjoyed spending time with his taller dongsaeng. However, he did get slightly annoyed by the silver beagle’s habit of cuddling him by laying directly on top of him. It wasn’t painful per say, but it did tend to leave him sore if it lasted for extended periods. It didn’t help that Chanyeol craved skinship like he did food, meaning it often was for extended periods.

Every member of the house learned quickly upon meeting him that Chanyeol could nuzzle into another being for non-stop for hours. And Baekhyun had been on the receiving end of head nuzzles from the taller beagle since Kris left the house. He was also integrating puppy kisses into the head rubbing session, and the brunet beagle was sure that his neck and everything above was coated in saliva.

But Baekhyun didn’t mind it all too much. Sure it was kind of annoying having a much bigger dog forcing affection on him all the time, but for Baekhyun, it was well worth it knowing the love that was behind the silver pup’s actions.

“Aren’t you tired yet, puppy?” Baekhyun cooed. Chanyeol shook his head quickly and went right back to nuzzling the older male.

“Aish, you’ve been doing this for over an hour.” The brunet yawned. It’s not that he wanted the boy to stop, but he did wonder if he was getting hungry considering that they hadn’t had breakfast yet. Chanyeol raised his head up, seemingly thinking over what Baekhyun had said. But before the shorter dog could say anything else, Chanyeol had gone right back to his obsessive displays of affection, this time nibbling on Baekhyun’s neck. The short man did everything in his power to try to keep calm and ignore the burning urges to start a full on make out session with Chanyeol. It was too early for that.

But Chanyeol was Chanyeol and he was too cute and needy to ignore. So Baekhyun gave in to the boy.

45 minutes later and the dogs were exhausted. Well, Baekhyun was exhausted. Chanyeol could have gone on for longer, but he knew he couldn’t overexert the smaller hybrids. The silver beagle yawned as he snuggled up to the shorter beagle.

“Hyung?” Chanyeol whined timidly, nose pressed into the older boy’s cheek.

“Yeah…” Baekhyun panted.

“I’m hungry.” The mumbled into Baekhyun’s chest. Baekhyun chuckled.

“Of course you are, now.”

“I’ll make breakfast.” Chanyeol hummed. Baekhyun simply responded with a calm smile and Chanyeol finally removed his body from the elder and headed to the kitchen.

Baekhyun sighed happily to himself. He loved that Chanyeol was happy to take care of his hyungs and dongsaengs as much as he was taken care of. Baekhyun wouldn’t have minded one way or another if Chanyeol made breakfast or not. But it was only natural for Chanyeol to want to cook Baekhyun a meal after a nice, although tiring, make out secession. He was so thoughtful.

Baekhyun loved Chanyeol. He loved his selflessness and desire to please others. He was such a good dog. Kris was blessed to have him as a pet, and Baekhyun was blessed to have him as a friend.

The beagle wasn’t sure how long it had been, but Chanyeol seemed to return to the living room very quickly with a large plate of pancakes.

“Aigoo, you’re done already?”

“It doesn’t really take that long.” Chanyeol chuckled. He sat down on the couch next to Baekhyun who pulled himself into a sitting position. But to his surprise, he found himself pulled into Chanyeol’s lap.

“Yah, what are you doing?”

“I want to feed you, Baekkie-ah.” Chanyeol said.

“Hey, I’m the hyung here.” Baekhyun pouted, looking quite unhyung-like.

“But you’re cute.” Chanyeol cooed, rubbing his nose against Baekhyun’s. He forked up a few slices of the extra-large pancakes and them to Baekhyun’s lips. “Besides, you still looked tired.”

“I’m not.” He replied, gobbling down the pancakes. Instantly his tail began to wag at a very familiar and very delicious taste.

“Is this…did you put my treats in here?” he asked, words muffled through his stuffed cheeks. Chanyeol inwardly squealed at the sight.

“Yep. They taste good, right?”

“They’re amazing!” Baekhyun near howled. The brunet dog quickly swallowed and opened his mouth for more food. His tail was literally smacking against the couch. Chanyeol giggled and gave the shorter boy another large forkful of food.

“I knew you’d like them.” Chanyeol giggled. He held up another serving of food for Baekhyun. If there was ayone who always got 5 star resposes for their cooking, it was Chanyeol. He always went above and beyond and managed to thorughly impress anyone who tasted his food.

“Yah, you have to eat too, Yeollie.” Baekhyun said, pushing the fork to Chanyeol’s own mouth. But the taller beagle pushed his hand away.

“It’s okay hyung. I’m not all that hungry.” Chanyeol replied offering the food to his hyung once again. But Baekhyun took both the plate and the fork away from the younger.

“You were the one who said you were hungry first. Now open your mouth.” Baekhyun would not be taking ‘no’ for an answer. Chanyeol smiled. He obeyed his hyung and ate the pancakes. Instantly his tail began to wag, the delicious taste raining down on his taste buds.

“Uwaa, it’s so good.” He moaned.

“And you were about to pass it up.” Baekhyun smirked, giving the taller puppy some more food. Chanyeol wiggled around in place, whining quietly. He wanted more food. Baekhyun laughed. Chanyeol was so cute when he begged. And when he did anything esle for that matter. 

“Alright, alright.” He said as he gave the boy another large portion of the pancakes. And within minutes, the beagles had devoured the entire plate.

“Mmm that was delicious.” Chanyeol sighed. He pulled Baekhyun down with him as he lay back on the couch. Baekhyun set the plate on the table before fully resting his body on top of Chanyeol’s.

“Why do you act so surprised? You are the best cook in this house.”

“Am I really?” Chanyeol asked, eyes wide.

“Of course, you’re the only cook.” Baekhyun chuckled. Chanyeol playfully mouthed at Baekhyun’s face, gently chewing on the older dog’s cheek.

“Aigoo, aigooo. C’mon it was just a joke. Cut it out.” Baekhyun squirmed around in his attempts to avoid Chanyeol’s teeth, but the giant dog wrapped his arms around the smaller boy, trapping him in his grasp. The silver beagle must have been feeling particularly playful, for he began Baekhyun’s face all over, seemingly trying to cover him in as much doggy slobber as possible.

“Aaaaagggghhh….” Baekhyun squealed. He tried everything he could to wiggle out of Chanyeol’s hold, but alas the younger was too strong. Eventually the brunet gave up and just let himself be by the taller dog. And of course Chanyeol being Chanyeol went on for about 8 whole minutes before he seemed to be satisfied.

For a while, the duo sat in silence. Chanyeol grabbed a napkin and wiped Baekhyun’s face of his saliva. The older dog just lay peacefully and let Chanyeol clean him up. It was silent minus the sound of Baekhyun’s quiet moans. Once he was finished with his ministrations, Chaneyol cradled Baekhun into his arms so that the brunet’s head rested on his chest.

“I love you, hyung.” The young pup said eventually.

“Really? I couldn’t tell.” Baekhyun mumbled, his eyes closed. Chanyeol pouted at his friend’s joke. He wrapped his mouth around Baekhyun’s cheek, his tongue hovering over his hyung’s skin. It was almost a threat to start wildly him again. And Baekhyun quickly got the message.

“Agggggh, no! No more please!” Baekhyun whined, his small body shivering in Chanyeol’s hold. And the silver pup chuckled. “I don't think I can take any more .” It's not that Baekhyun had a problem with Chanyeol's loving kisses, but he was certain they'd delve into another makeout session if they got too aroused again, and he was still burned out from the first one.

“But this is nice.” Chanyeol hummed.

“Yeah, we don’t get to spend much time with just the two of us.” Baekhyun agreed softly.

“It almost feels like it’s been forever since we were Kris’s only pets.” Chanyeol said, remembering the days when it was just him and Baekhyun at their owner’s house. “I love Chen and Tao too, but sometimes it’s nice to spend time with just you.” Chanyeol gently nuzzled his nose into Baekhyun’s cheek as he spoke. The older canine smiled and caressed Chanyeol’s cheek before placing a kiss on his forehead.

“We have been through a lot together.” Baekhyun said. “From being strays on the streets, to working in convenience stores, to finally becoming house dogs. It’s been quite a journey.”

“But isn’t it funny how things happen? We went from being friends working in stores to both being bought by the same guy.”

“Well, you did practically beg Kris to take me in.” Baekhyun chuckled. Chanyeol smirked and Baekhyun across the face once again.

“And you would have done the same.” The silver beagle said proudly.

“You know I would have.” Baekhyun agreed. It was true. Since they’d first met, they made an agreement that whoever found an owner first would ask that person if they would be willing to take the other in. Chances are that they would have always ended up together. Even if they didn't live in the same house, they probably would have still kept in contact in some way. 

“It feels like we’ve been friends forever.” Chanyeol sighed.

“Yeah, that’s true.” Baekyun hummed. “Honestly, I can’t even remember a time before I knew you.” Chanyeol wagged his tail happily and his hyung’s face a few times.

“How did we even meet again?” the boy asked, rubbing his face into Baekhyun’s chest.

“I think we met when my manager sent me to deliver something to your manager. I don’t think your manager was there so I gave the package to you.” Baekhyun explained.

“Are you sure? I thought we met when I went to your store to ask how much you charged for shoes.”

“What? No, I’m sure I went to your store and met you there.”

“Hm, I’m pretty sure that I went to your store and saw you first.” Chanyeol replied, certain that he was correct.

“Yah, we’ve known each other for so long, but we can’t even remember how we met.” Baekhyun whined playfully.

“Aigoo, we’re like an old married couple.” Chanyeol laughed.

“Bah, it doesn’t matter the details how we met anyway. All that matters that that we’re still together now.”

“And we will be forever.” Chanyeol added, a dreamy look on his face.

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.” Baekhyun replied, Chanyeol under his chin.

“Actually, now that I think about it, I remember thinking that you didn’t like me all that much when we first met.” Chanyeol said. He looked up at Baekhyun and was met with a very wide eyed hybrid.

“What? Why would you think that?” The older dog was genuinely shocked. He would have never thought Chanyeol could think such a thing.

“I always tried to talk to you and you always just brushed me off.”

“Because my bosses hated when the hybrids talked to anyone. I did't want to get either of us in trouble.” Baekhyun said, defending his actions. “Plus you had to admit, you were pretty overly chatty and clingy for a stranger.”

“I wanted to be friends with you.”

“But we barely knew each other. And you are kind of...well gigantic. It was a little intimidating.” Baekhyun chuckled nervously, patting the boy’s head. “I have to say though, you sure were persistent.”

“I just felt something from you that drew me to you. I really wanted to get to know you."

“Why me though?”

“I don’t know if it’s just because you were the only other beagle I’d ever met, but I really just felt a strong connection to you as soon as I saw you. I felt that we needed to become friends.” Baekhyun was shocked to hear these things from Chanyeol. He’d never known that the other had felt this way about him. But of course, playful Baekhyun decided to use this opportunity to tease his little brother.

“Should you say those things about me? Won’t your boyfriend be mad?” Baekhyun joked. Chanyeol blushed. He buried his face in Baekhyun’s shirt.

“Aigoo…I love all of you guys equally.” Chanyeol literally had Baekhyun’s shirt in his mouth. If it weren’t for Baekhyun’s super strong hearing, he would have barely been able to make out the boy’s muffled speech.

“Hmmmmmmm, I don’t think so.” Baekhyun cooed. “I think you love Tao, Chen and I, and loooooooovvvvvvee, Kris.” The dog sang the word ‘love’.

“Hey, who are you to talk? Like you aren’t crushing on Chen and Tao.” Chanyeol pouted. This time it was Baekhyun’s turn to blush, but he quickly averted his eyes from the silver dog.

“Those kids? No way! They’re so annoying.”

“Annoying? Is that why you’re always laying all over each other, feeding each other, cuddling and kissing all day, and…”

“Hey, that’s all normal. Just friendly hybrid stuff.”

“Oh really?” Chanyeol asked with a raised eyebrow.”

“Yeah, cuz that’s nothing compared to what you and Kris do at night.” Baekhyun replied, wiggling his eyebrows mischievously. Chanyeol buried his face in Baekhyun’s shirt again. His face was now completely red and burning up. Baekhyun could feel the heat radiating off of the silver beagle’s face.

“Why do you say it like that? You make it sound like something dirty.” Baekhyun couldn’t stop himself from bursting out laughing. He patted Chanyeol’s head. He knew that his dongsaeng and owner hadn’t done anything overly intimate, but he had to admit that they did have a lot of ‘romantic’ moments together, and of course the others couldn’t resist teasing them about it. Seeing how nervous and flushed they’d get was too precious.

“Yah, why are you so shy now?” Baekhyun giggled. Chanyeol whined childishly and nuzzled his pouting face into Baekhyun’s stomach.

“You’re such a meanie.”

“Oh am I?” Baekhyun asked with a raised eyebrow? Chanyeol pulled his blushing face out of his hyung’s stomach, and before he could say anything, his face was attacked by Baekhyun’s large tongue. The older beagle rotated between and kisses, trying to cover as much of his buddy’s face as possible.

Chanyeol wiggled around happily, always thrilled to receive love and affection from his friends. And Baekhyun knew good and well that Chanyeol could sit around and be by another hybrid for hours. So he continued with the kisses for a few minutes before stopping, giving him just enough loving to last for the next half hour. They were quiet for a while. Baekhyun yawned and closed his eyes.

“What time is it hyung?” Chanyeol asked after a few moments.

“Hm? Uh…” Baekhyun yawned once again before glancing up at the clock. “Noon.”

“Only noon?” Chanyeol asked, letting out a giant yawn of his own.

“Yeah. It feels like we’ve been laying around for hours, doesn’t it?”

“Mmm Hmm.”

“Kris hyung and the others probably won’t be home for about 2 more hours.” Baekhyun sighed. He knew that Chanyeol was probably missing their housemates, and he felt the same. In a house of 5, being only a group of 2 could become lonesome after a while.

“Do you think they’re alright?” Chanyeol asked.

“Of course. Why wouldn’t they be?”

“Well, Taozi always gets a little bit scared at the vet. And Chen Chen gets nervous when it comes to being around other humans.” Chanyeol replied. He was envisioning a shivering black kitten latched around Kris’s arm and a curly furred beagle whose face was buried in his owner’s chest to avoid eye contact with people.

“Hm, I guess you’re right.” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol tended to worry about these things more than Baekhyun. The older beagle wanted the other hybrids to learn to face their fears, while Chanyeol always worried about them and would have no problem coddling them for the rest of their lives. It wasn’t a surprise that Chanyeol was nervous about something as simple as a checkup. “But they’re with Kris so they should be fine.”

“I know, but…I still worry.” The silver dog sighed. Baekhyun smiled and patted Chanyeol’s head. He was so sweet. He was the second youngest, but acted like a big brother to all of them.

“It’s normal to be concerned. But I think they’ll be fine.” Baekhyun replied. Chanyeol nodded at his friend, but couldn’t stop the whine that came from his throat. No matter what he did, he couldn’t stop the concerned thoughts from popping into his head. Baekhyun smiled at the other and softly caressed his cheek.

“Kris would never let anything happen to them.” The older dog whispered. The silver pup let out a large breath he didn’t notice he had been holding.

“You’re right. I shouldn’t worry so much.” He said, a yawn following his words. Chanyeol nuzzled his head into Baekhyun’s chest, letting out another large yawn. Baekhyun chuckled at the boy’s half lidded eyes. It was clear that he was getting sleepy.

“Exactly, that’s my job. I’m the hyung around here.” The brunet joked, patting the younger pup’s head.

“Aigoo, I’m their hyung too.” The boy yawned, his voice heavy with sleep.

“Last time I checked Chen was older than you.” Baekhyun laughed.

“But…yawn, he’s so small, he’s like…yawn, a little brother.”

“Yeah, plus he loves being babied. Spoiled little kitten.” Baekhyun grabbed a pillow from behind Chanyeol’s back and moved it under his own head. If Chanyeol was going to use him as a pillow, he wanted to at least be comfortable while it was going on.

“And he’s so cute…” Chanyeol’s voice became softer and softer.

“Yeah, they’re both pretty adorable.” Baekhyun said with a blush. There was silence for a moment and Baekhyun figured Chanyeol had fallen asleep. He smiled and brushed his fingers through the younger’s hair. But just as he was about to close his eyes and drift into sleep himself, he heard a small whisper.

“Just like you.”

Baekhyun heard what Chanyeol had said, but didn’t reply. He always said that he was cute, but being called cute by Chanyeol always left a special fuzzy feeling inside of him. He loved Chanyeol so much. So kind, caring, and giving. Though they didn’t always have as much time alone as they used to, Baekyun could at least be glad that there would never be a day when he wouldn’t see the beautiful puppy’s face. And that they’d be together forever. The brunet beagle pulled the boy to his chest and gave him a sweet puppy kiss on the nose.

“Sleep well, Yeollie.”

“Love you, hyung.”

“Love you too.”


Sorry the wait was so long. I ended up much busier than I expected in the last few weeks of my quarter. But I hope I'll be able to start with our regular does of updates soon.

Also, finally a chapter dedicated to Baekyeol. Like seriously, what's taken me so long XD. Hope you all enjoyed :3