Kristmas Day

Three Beagles and a Kitty: Epilogues

A bit late for a Christmas chapter, but I hope you all enjoy it anyway.


The bright sun shining down on his face is what finally forced Kris’s eyes open. He blinked a few times before rubbing at his heavy eyes. It didn’t take long before the man took note of a huge amount of weight on his stomach. Kris hummed as he patted the silver beagle’s head, the boy still knocked out in a deep slumber.

“Morning Yeollie.” Kris cooed at the sleeping hybrid. He placed a quick kiss on the boy’s hair, careful as to not wake him. He gently sat up and moved as slowly as possible so as not to disturb the others either. After he’d covered Chanyeol back up, he quickly made his way around the bed to press gentle kisses onto his other hybrid’s heads. Kris grabbed a nearby pair of fuzzy slippers and quietly left out of the room.

The blond man entered the kitchen to begin preparing a nice Christmas breakfast for his puppies and kitty. As eggs fried in the pan Kris quickly remembered to check his Instagram for his friend’s posts. Turning down the fire, the man grabbed the phone that was sitting on the counter. He checked his pictures depicting his pets wearing their new collars first and foremost and saw the flood of comments from his friends.

LuBaozi799: Aw, they look so cute. Great color choice, Kris. –Xiumin. Yo yo, they’re so stylish. -Luhan

KaiSoo4u: Cool, they all have different little animal tags. Why is Chanyeol’s a giraffe? Because he’s so tall? Lol :)

XingXingandBubbleT: Lay and Sehun say that the collars look great. Nice present, hyung. Hi guys, this is Lay. Hiiiiiiii~

Kris chucked at his friends and their hybrid’s goofy comments. He went out to check each of their pages and see the new pictures they’d uploaded. Everyone knew what each other was getting, and that was because they’d all decided to get their pets collars. The main thing that they wanted to see was the surprised reactions of their dear pets. He decided to go with Suho’s crew first, though he quickly regretted it. The man had to have uploaded at least 30 pictures. Kris had double the amount of hybrids and hadn’t taken nearly as many.

The first 5 pictures were the boys holding their unopened boxes. Then there were about 10 of them showing when they’d finally seen the collars. The next bunch were of a teary Lay wiping at his eyes with Suho embracing the rabbit; obviously taken by Sehun. The last three pictures however were Kris’s favorite. One was of Sehun with his multicolored leather collar, the next was Lay (still crying, yet trying to force a smile) wearing his orange and green collar, and the last was a group shot of the three hugging.

“Nice Junmyeon.” Kris said to himself as he left a quick comment. He turned off the stove and set the eggs on a plate before moving on to the next account.

Fortunately, Xiumin keep it simple and only uploaded about five pictures. The first was of Luhan holding wrapped present. Then the next three showed him wearing it from 3 different angles. The last one was simply a close up view of the collar in Luhan’s hands. The accessory was quite simple, which made perfect sense considering both the owner and his hybrid. It was a solid tan color with a small deer shaped tag that had Luhan’s name written on it in Chinese. Kris chuckled as he left a comment stating that it was the nicest deer collar he’d ever seen.

Lastly were D.O. and Kai, a duo whose Instagram had very few pictures. And unsurprisingly, there were only 2 new photos which relayed the events of the previous night. Both of them were pretty similar; the first was of Kai wearing his new collar and had a message which said ‘Cute, right?’. The second picture showed the two boys together, Kai giving his owner a doggy kiss. The caption said, ‘Best owner, ever.” Kris liked the photo and left his own message before setting his phone back down. He was so lost in the pictures that he hadn’t heard someone else enter the room. A pair of arms wrapped around him, and some soft lips found his neck.

“Merry Christmas, hyung.” Kris turned around as he gave the shorter boy a kiss on his forehead.

“Good morning, Baek. Merry Christmas. Did you have a good sleep?”

“I could never have a bad sleep after getting this.” The boy curled his fingers around the collar on his neck.

“I’m glad you all like them.” Kris said as he began setting the table.

“You know, even with it wrapped on my neck here, it’s still unbelievable to think about.” The pup was smiling, but his tone almost seemed sad. Kris smiled, but could only hum in response. He really wanted to be able to say something comforting to his hybrid, but he didn’t really know what he could say. Baekhyun rarely talked about his life before he moved in with Kris, therefore the man only knew what Chanyeol had told him; and even then they certainly knew that Baekhyun definitely hadn’t told his friend everything that went on.

“You know…back at the store, the said…they said I’d never get one of these. That no one would ever think I was worthy of one.” The brunet stared at the ground as he spoke. A quiet whimper escaped his throat. Kris immediately grabbed the younger boy to face him.

“Baekhyun, don’t even think about anything those people said to you. They clearly couldn’t see how wonderful you were.” Kris said angrily. He knew that the people Baekhyun worked for were heartless jerks so it’s not surprising that they’d try to poison his mind with such comments. “You’re more deserving of a collar than they are deserving of anything they have.”

The blond was happy to hear that he’s prompted a small laugh from the short male.

“Thanks, hyung.”

Moments later, the other three animals bounded into the room. Chanyeol was carrying Chen on his back, with Tao giggling girlishly behind them. They all had Santa hats on their heads and the ebony cat was carrying the remaining two for the last beagle and their owner.

“Merry Christmas!” The beagles howled happily.

“Merry Christmas, ge.” Tao said, giving Kris a hug and putting the hat on his head. “And ugly dog, hyung.” Tao crushed the short dog in a hug. Baekhyun attempted to Tao’s arm to get him to release his grip, but the kitten only squeezed him tighter. The short dog eventually snatched the hat away to place on his head.

“Did you make breakfast, hyung?” Chanyeol asked, looking at the beautiful spread of food.

“Yep, another present for you guys today.”

“Uwaaa, I feel so spoiled.” Chen said, sliding off of Chanyeol’s back and properly onto the floor.

“And it’s only going to get better from here.” Kris sat down at the table and the hybrids did the same. Chanyeol pressed himself right next to Kris as usual and began cutting up his owner's food before moving to feed himself. “You guys are in charge for the rest of the day. Anything you want to do, we’ll do it.”

“Weally?” Chanyeol’s mouth was stuffed with toast, curtesy of Baekhyun, but the others heard what he said.

“Yeah. Whatever you want.” Kris said.

“I want to watch Christmas movies.” Tao mewed, bouncing a little in his seat.

“Nooooo, we should go out.” Chen barked.

“We can go out all the time.” Tao whined. “Christmas movies go away after today.”

“They’ll still be on.” Chen retorted.

“Alright alright, quiet down.” Kris said, his mouth full of food. Chanyeol gave Kris some coffee to help him wash down the food.

“But I don’t want to miss Christmas movies.” Tao pouted. The kitten almost appeared close to tearing up. Chen patted the younger boy’s leg. He understood. Tao was a cat; it was only natural for him to be stubborn and want to get his way. Even if it was something really minor. It didn’t help that he was also really sensitive and could get upset really easily. It made it extremely hard for the others to say no to him.

“We have all day guys. We can watch some Christmas specials, go out for a bit, and do lots of other stuff.” The tall man stated.

“Okay.” Tao said quietly.

“Now,” Kris began, looking to his silver pup who had jelly all over his face. “Chanyeol, what do you want to do?”

“Actually, was wanted to bake Christmas cookies.” The dog said quietly.

“Like gingerbread cookies?” Bakehyun asked, wiping the taller beagle's mouth.

“Oooohhhh, we could make a gingerbread house!” Tao exclaimed. “Please, please, can we?” the boy looked at every person in the room, trying to convince them all. The dogs shrugged.

“I’m fine with it.” Baekhyun said.

“Yeah, it’ll be more fun than just cookies.” Chanyeol added.

“What about you, Chen?” Kris asked.

“I guess it sounds nice.” The curly dog admitted.

“Alright, gingerbread house it is.” Kris said. “We can go out for a while after we finish it.” The other’s nodded, but Chen spoke up again.

“Nah, we can stay and watch the specials.” The puppy said.

“We can do both Chen.” Kris said with a small laugh. “We’ll have plenty of time.”

“No, Tao’s right. We can go out at any time. Today should be just for Christmas stuff.” Chen smiled affectionately at Tao, patting the younger cat’s thigh. Tao responded by grabbing his hyung in his arms and nuzzling against his face, quiet purrs reverberating in his throat.

“Thank you, Chen.” Kris smiled fondly at the curly dog. He was happy to see him sacrifice something he really wanted to do for his younger housemate. Then again, it’s not like this was rare. All of the beagles had gained a soft spot for Tao as soon as they saw him, and once he’d actually become comfortable with them, the dogs’ passion had increased ten-fold. They truly considered him a little brother and there was rarely a moment where the cat hybrid wasn’t seen with a beagle on his side. Baekhyun even had a habit of hanging out in the bathroom while the kitten showered. Though it always seemed like they did more talking than washing. And of course Kris would never forget the time when he went in his room one morning before work to kiss a sleepy cat and dog goodbye, only to see Chanyeol fully awake next to Tao reading a book.

“Just waiting until he wakes up, hyung.”

It made Kris happy to know that his beagles loved caring for their kitty brother.

Even though Chen has his own stubborn streak, Kris was happy that the curly hybrid really was a sweet dog overall. The others smiled happily as well, thrilled to know that they were going to have a great day. Chanyeol fed Kris the rest of his breakfast while he and the other hybrids conversed; Chen still wrapped in Tao's arms. Their owner always tried to take part in their conversations, but with 3 extremely vocal beagles and an almost equally chatty cat, it was kind of hard to get any words in.

 

After breakfast, Chanyeol washed the dishes as usual while Kris got the gingerbread house ingredients ready. Tao stood at the edge of the table snaking on some cookies. Despite the fact that they’d only just finished breakfast, and a rather large one at that, the ebony kitten always claimed that he was hungry. Baekhyun sat in a tall stool next to him, his upper body flat on the table counter.

“Alright, we’ve got gingerbread mix, frosting, icing, candy…” the blond man set down each component as he spoke.

“Wait wait, gingerbread mix?” Baekhyun questioned. “Why don’t we just use pre-made graham crackers?”

“Nah man, we have to do this the old fashioned way.” Kris said, reading the instructions on the side of the box.

“Waaaaaaaeeeeeeee, this is gonna take foreveeeerrrrr.” The eldest dog whined.

“They’ll be done in no time once they’re in the oven.” Kris said. “Oh yeah, Chen, preheat the oven for me, will you?” Chen let out a high pitched bark as affirmation as he trotted to the machine.

“Shouldn’t you change your clothes before we do this?” Baekhyun asked. The question was aimed at Tao.

“How come?” he asked with full cheeks.

“You really want to get icing and dough and stuff all over that?” the dog gestured to the cat hybrid’s top. He was wearing one of his favorite purple blouses. It was thin and silky with a small flower under the collar. It was actually one of the less feminine pieces in his wardrobe. Anyone who didn’t know any better probably would have just thought it was a normal shirt. A woman’s shirt, but a shirt nonetheless. The dogs still thought it was weird that Tao liked such clothes, but regardless, didn’t want him to risk messing up his favorite items. They’d most likely become the subjects of his whining if that happened.

“I won’t get stuff on it.” The cat pouted, bits of cookie crumbs flying from his mouth.

“You’re already spitting crumbs everywhere.” The beagle countered. Next thing you know, you’ll spill milk or something all over yourself.”

“No I won’t.”  The cat whined. Okay, maybe he was a bit clumsy, but he wasn’t incompetent. He’d never be so careless as to spill food on his clothes. At least not on his nice clothes.

“Maybe you should put an apron on, Taozi.” Their owner interrupted. “Just to be safe.” Tao meowed in protest, but a stern glare from Kris ended the argument. Tao grabbed the pink, frilly apron that was folded in one of the drawers and wrapped it around his body. Baekhyun playfully stuck his tongue out at the kitten. Happy that he’d won, and happier that he wouldn’t have to worry about Tao messing up his clothes.

“Dishes are done, Kris.” Chanyeol barked. He joined the others at the table, wrapping an arm around Tao. After setting the oven, Chen finalized the group by flopping down on Baekhyun’s back, eliciting a loud yip from the brunet.

“Alright, now let’s get started.”

 

The boys had split up to take on seperate jobs for completing the dessert. Just like Kris had said, the gingerbread mix finished baking quickly and had already cooled while the boys were cleaning up their work area. They were now preparing for putting the house together. The sound of Hotline Bling playing drew everyone’s attention. Kris picked up his phone and smiled as he saw the name on his screen.

“Merry Christmas, Suho.”

“Merry Christmas, hyung.” The man sang gleefully. “OMG, I saw your pictures on Instagram, they were the cutest things ever.”

“Thanks, Sehun and Lay looked nice as well.” Kris sat the phone on his shoulder and went back to stirring a large bowl of icing.

“Who’s on the phone?” Chen barked loudly. So loudly that Kris flinched. He put a finger to his lips, telling the dog to keep his voice down (something the beagles rarely did).

“So, what are you and the kiddies doing for Christmas?” Suho continued.

“We’re making a gingerbread house.” Kris chuckled. It wasn’t something he’d normally do for fun, so he knew it probably sounded weird to Suho.

“Aw, that’s so nice. I bet it was the beagles that wanted to, right?”

“Actually it was Tao’s idea.”

“Yeah, me.” Tao mewled, though he had no idea what Kris was talking about on the phone.

“Who is it?” Chanyeol asked this time.

“Hey, watch it!” Baekhyun growled. He and the silver dog were cutting the hardened gingerbread into small graham crackers and Chanyeol had nearly messed up the angle when he was calling to Kris.

“Hush.” Kris said. Chen went over his owner and held up the phone to Kris’s ear so it wouldn’t accidentally slip off. He also wanted to hear who was on the phone.

“Of course.  All that boy thinks about is food.” Suho laughed.

 “Ain’t that that truth.”

“Well, you guys enjoy your day. I need to get Sehun and Lay ready to go out to Santa at the mall.”

“I’m already ready.” Kris heard a meow over the phone. “As soon as Lay stops tying my shoes over and over.”

“Who’s on the phone?  Tell them I said hi~.” The bunny sang.

“They’re adults, dude.” Kris deadpanned.

“Is that Suho hyung?” Chen asked. “Hi hyung!”

“Hello Suho, hyung!” the other hybrids yelled.

“Will you guys cut it out?” Kris sighed.

“Yeah, but Lay wanted Sehun to have a picture with Santa. He said it would be cute.” Suho said. “Bye bye, hyung.”

“See you, Myeon.”

“Bye bye!” the hybrids said in unison. Chen put the phone back down and went over to one of the cabinets. He grabbed two plates and set them on the table.

“The candy can go on this one and the crackers on the other one.” The curly beagle said as he poured two bags of gumdrops onto one plate.

“Sprinkles?” Tao meowed, tilting his head.

“Those go on at the end.” Baekhyun said.

“I don’t remember gingerbread houses having sprinkles?” Kris said finished stirring the icing.

“Sure they do, hyung.” Chanyeol wagged his tail quickly as he spoke. “They can have anything you want on them.”

“Whatever.” The blond man glanced around at everyone’s progress. “Are we ready to start building?”

“Yeah, yeah!” Tao clapped his hands and swished his fluffy tail playfully. And as usual, Baekhyun tried to bite at it.

“Kay. Baekhyun, you hold the crackers up and I’ll add the icing. Then Chen Chen can put the candy on the edges to make sure it stands up.” Kris’s hybrids saluted him as he gave out the orders.

“What about me, ge? I want to help.” Tao whined.

“You can put on the sprinkles at the end.” Chanyeol said. He opened his arms wide as an encouragement for the kitten to sit with him while they waited.

“But I want to help now.”

“You’ll get your turn Taozi, but sit down for now.” Kris’s voice was calm, yet firm. Tao did as his owner said, though there was a firm pout on his face. He pushed himself on the back of the stool Chanyeol was sitting on, thus putting Chanyeol on the edge. The silver beagle didn’t mind though. To pass the time, Tao playfully mouthed at Chanyeol’s face in an attempt to entertain himself. The dog hybrid played right back, avoiding the kitten’s teeth, trying to get the first ‘bite’ in himself.

The game actually succeeded in making Tao forget about how upset he was. In no time, the four walls of the gingerbread house were standing on their own. The 3 men stood back and admired their work and Kris gave his beagles pats on the head as praise. Chen, who was back hugging Baekhyun, gave the brunet a big sloppy doggy kiss. Mainly because he knew it annoyed him.

“Alright, Yeollie, wanna put the roof on?” Kris asked.

“Taozi can do it.” The silver dog offered, knowing Tao was still eager to help.

“No, I wanna make the windows.” The black cat meowed.

“You said you wanted to help build it.” Baekhyun teased.

“If you want to do windows, you need to fill some bags with icing.” Kris instructed.

“I can do it!” Tao mewled, jumping up from his place to grab some empty bags.

“Help him out guys.” The blond said to the short beagles.

“I can do it myself, ge.” Tao pulled out a handful of bags, some falling onto the floor.

“Yah, you’re making a mess right now.” Chen said.

“Pick these bags up.” Baekhyun barked.

“I got it!” Tao got and scattered the bags all over the countertop, completely ignoring the ones on the floor.

“Aish, so much bickering. Yeollie, wanna get the roof?” Kris asked.

“Sure thing.” The silver dog barked. He happily nuzzled into his owner’s face before picking up the crackers.  

“Yah, Tao be careful!” Baekhyun grabbed the cat hybrid’s arms, trying to help him put the icing in the bags.

“I can do it. You’re gonna make me mess up.”

After about five minutes of finishing the roof and getting a bag filled with icing, the gingerbread house was finally ready for the decorations to be added. Tao of course made the windows and actually did a pretty good job of it. He didn’t make a mess at all and the icing was impressionably neat. Chanyeol and Baekhyun added candy to the roof top and made a gumdrop gate around the house itself. Kris and Chen used some colorful frostings to decorate the front and sides of the house. With so many people, the gingerbread confection was finished in no time.

“Wow, it actually looks really good.” Kris stood with his hands on his hips as he admired the creation in front of him. He might have been a bit biased, but the man truly though the gingerbread house looked professionally made.

“It’s so pretty.” Tao said as he snapped about 20 or so pictures with his phone.

“It looks delicious.” Chanyeol’s mouth watered as he spoke.

“Yummy.” Tao added, hunger evident in his eyes.

“You guys want to eat it now?” Kris wasn’t usually one of those people who admired food, but he thought they did pretty well with their little gingerbread house. He thought they’d like to at least display it for a bit longer.

“Why don’t we watch the Christmas specials now?” Chen suggested, taking off Tao’s apron.

“Ooooh yes! The Christmas specials!” Tao mewed happily. The hybrids didn’t even wait for a response from their owner before dashing to the living room. Chen only shoved the apron at Kris before bouncing along with the others. Kris chuckled at their eagerness. He knew they’d want snacks at some point so he grabbed a couple of bags of premade popcorn, some candy, and some Christmas cookies that D.O. had baked and given out to all of his friends. He also brought along Baekhyun’s Christmas bacon treats just in case the beagles wanted some doggy treats. Tao was typically fine with human food and usually seemed to prefer it cat foods, so Kris didn’t fret about not getting any special treats for him.

As Kris expected, he entered the living room and was met with a completely crowded couch. Chanyeol lay back against one of the armrests while Chen and Baekhyun used him as a pillow. Tao sat on the other side of the sofa, eagerly awaiting their owner.

“Geez, you guys didn’t even get any snacks.” Kris said. “I guess you don’t want any.” The beagles’ eyes went wide at the realization of not bringing any snacks. They made grabby hands towards the blond man, their lips cutely poked out. Chanyeol even gave one of his best puppy whimpers. Tao’s girlish giggle fluttered through the room. He always found it funny when the beagles begged.

“Pft, you guys know aegyo doesn’t work on me.” The hybrids scoffed and Kris couldn’t help but laugh. They all were well aware how weak the man was to even the slightest cute antics from his fluffy pets. As such, he happily passed a bunch of snacks down to the other side of the couch. Tao meanwhile snuggled next to his owner and shoved a handful of candy in his mouth.

“I like kandy.” The kitten mewed.

“Don’t eat too much of it. You’re going to have a lot more sugar from the gingerbread house later.” Kris instructed. Tao nodded, nuzzling his head against the older man.

“Okay ge ge.”

About halfway through the movie, Kris’s ringtone sounded from the kitchen. It actually came as a surprise to the blond man as he was sure he’d put it in his pocket before leaving the room.

“Waeee, I can’t hear the movie.” Chen whined.

“I’m going, I’m going.” The blond man sighed, not wanting to get up from his comfy spot. Tao, likewise, wasn’t happy to lose his comfortable pillow ge. The ebony hybrid thus snuggled up to the beagles until Kris returned.

“Yellow?” Was Kris’s greeting upon answering the phone.

“Is that how you greet your hyung on Christmas?” Xiumin’s cheeky voice replied.

“Ha ha, Merry Christmas, hyung.”

“Merry Christmas, Kris. How are the babies?”

“They’re great. They’re in the living room watching a movie right now.” Kris glanced in the living room at his pets on the couch. They looked so adorable together. Tao was wrapped around Chen, who was wrapped around Baekhyun; all of which were still on top of Chanyeol. Kris was happy to have such wonderful hybrids.

“Sounds like your Christmas is going the same as ours.” The Korean man laughed. He was currently snuggled on his couch, his deer hybrid lying across his lap. “Lulu, Kris is on the phone. Say, ‘hi’.”

“Yo, hey Kris~” Luhan sang. He sounded half asleep.

“Heh, hey Lu." Kris chuckled. He waitied for Xiumin to put the phone back to his ear. "You're right Xiu, it’s nice to be able to just relax together.”

“It is. Well, you go enjoy yourself. Just wanted to wish you a Merry Chirtmas.” Xiumin said softly.

“Thanks hyung. Merry Christmas.” Kris waited for Xiumin to hang up before returning to the living room. And this time he remembered to put his phone in his pocket.

“Who was at the phone, ge ge?” Tao asked. He removed his body off of Chen and resumed his position on Kris’s chest.

“On the phone.” Baekhyun corrected. Tao still had a few struggles with his Korean at times, and the beagles were still just as quick to help him.

 “Xiumin.” Kris answered.

“What did he say?” Chanyeol asked.

“He was just wishing us a Merry Christmas.” Kris said.

“Oh, Merry Christmas.” Tao meowed happily. The others chuckled, knowing that their hyung obviously couldn’t hear Tao since he was no longer on the phone.

“Hyungie, can we go outside and see the Christmas lights later?” Chanyeol asked.

“You mean the lights on everyone’s houses?” Kris asked, just to be sure.

“Yeah, and the ones hanging on the street poles and stuff.” The silver puppy said excitedly. "They're pretty."

“Sure thing.” The tall blond replied. He knew that the hybrids were locked in the house nearly all day and prorbably hadn't had much of a change to enjoy the Chrsitmas decorations outside. “We’ll go after this movie. It should be dark enough then.”

“Thanks Kris.”

“And then when we come back, can we eat the gingerbread house?” Baekhyun asked, oddly enough as he was munching on some popcorn.

“I guess so.” Their owner replied. Tao was the one who clapped at that answer. Then again, anything relating to food made him happy.

 

At about 7 pm, Kris and the hybrids put on their winter wear to go out to see the lights. They wouldn’t be going far, just around the neighborhood, nor would they be out for long, but Kris wanted to make the most of the time and make sure his hybrids enjoyed themselves. Kris even allowed Baekhyun to bring his new squeaky toy along with them. And Tao wore his new blue scarf from D.O. All that was left now was their headwear. Tao and Baekhyun grabbed some beanies to put on, while Chen and Chanyeol chose to wear trapper hats, loving the fluffy warmth they gave. And Kris, ever the fashionista, wore a stylish designer men’s hat.

“Ready to go, boys?” Kris asked. They hybrids nodded enthusiastically, whining and scratching at the door.  “Heh, I’ll take that as a yes.”

Kris and Chanyeol walked hand in hand as usual. The silver pup would have loved to be bounding from house to house, flailing in piles of snow like the others, but he enjoyed being with his precious owner even more. Watching the others have fun was just as nice for him.

“The lights look so beautiful hyung.” The dog leaned his head onto his owner’s shoulder. It made walking slightly difficult, but neither minded.

“Almost as beautiful as you.” The blond man replied, brushing his fingers through his hybrid’s hair. Chanyeol wanted to respond, but he was too distracted by the feeling of his face heating up. Instead, the dog buried his face into the man’s neck. Kris giggled and was about to say something else before a felt a small cold burst of ice smack him in the face. He looked over to see Chen in a full play bow bouncing in a large pile of snow. Kris was slightly annoyed that he’d gotten snow on his nice coat, but Chanyeol was just glad that his face was cooling off.

 “Bwah ha ha ha ha!” Came Chen’s boisterous laughter. “Got you hyung!” the curly pup barked. The dog’s joy was soon ended however. Out of nowhere another snowball hit Chen, causing the hybrid to tumble down the snow pile and roll to the bottom. Beakhyun and Tao were behind some bushes sprawled unto their backs as they laughed at Chen’s misfortune.

“Aren’t they cute?” Kris whispered to Chanyeol.

“Not as cute as you.”Chanyeol poked his fingers in Kris’s cheeks as he spoke. Kris had to laugh. Not only was Chanyeol using the line the blond had just used a few minutes prior, but it wasn’t even fitting. Kris could describe himself in a lot of words, but ‘cute’ sure wasn’t one of them.

“Oh stop that.” Kris said, playfully smacking the dog.

“But it’s true. You are cute hyung.” The hybrid insisted. “Okay, maybe the others are cuter, but you’re still adorable in your own way.”

“Hm, if you say saaaah.” Kris’s sentence was interrupted by another snowball smacking him in the back of the head. The tall man expected to see Chen or Baekhyun when he turned around, but was instead met with a short owl and a blond puppy.

“Soo?” the human’s voice was clearly in shock.

“Sorry hyung, I couldn’t resist.” The man laughed. The puppy ran over to Kris and began vigorously the snow off of his face.

“Okay, okay Kai. It’s off now.” Kris laughed, ruffling the dog’s ears.

“Merry Krismas.” Kai burst out laughing. “Get it? Krismas.” Kris facepalmed. He didn’t know why his friends had such a lame sense of humor. Even more than that, he never understood why Kai tended to laugh at his own jokes.

“Jongie!” Six arms enveloped the pup in a massive hug. Baekhyun released him first to give D.O. a friendly doggy greeting as well.

“I guess you all are having fun.” D.O. said, gently pushing Baekhyun off of him.

“As much fun as you can have looking at Christmas lights.”

“What are you doing, hyung?” Tao asked.

“I guess we’re doing the same thing.” D.O. laughed. “I was just taking Kai for a walk and it turned into a tour of the town. We’ve been out for a few hours.”

“We cooked, hyung! We made a gingerbread house!” Tao mewled happily.

“Really? Was it good?”

“We haven’t eaten it yet.” Kris admitted.

“But we’re going to as soon as we get home.” Baekhyun barked. He took the squeaky toy out of his jacket pocket and started chewing on it, drool quickly making its way down his face.

“Hey, it's the toy we bought you!” Kai barked happily, his tail wagging ferociously. “And Taozi, you’re wearing our scarf!”

“It’s cute, right? Ooooh, take a secla with me!” the black cat didn’t even wait for a response from the pup before whipping out his cell and yanking him over for a picture. He took about ten photos of just the two of them together, and then of course he had to take more to include his beagles and the humans. Especially since Baekhyun also had his gift with him.

“Well we all better get a move on before it gets dark.” Technically, it was already dark out, but Kris and the others knew what Kai meant. They all wanted to get back before it was too late. It may have been Christmas, but that didn't mean they were still wary of being out at night.

“Alright, see you later.” Kris said with a wave. The hybrids barked and mewed as they bid the 2 boys farewell. Their group of 5 continued down the block as they gazed at all of the wonderfully decorated houses. The hybrids were quite immersed in the sites. They particularly loved the lights that blinked on and off in a specific sequence or to create a certain image. Chen and Tao also enjoyed seeing all of the inflatable characters they passed by. Baekhyun was just happy to play in the snow. And Chanyeol? Of course all he needed was time with his amazing owner. Even if it wasn’t just the two of them, he was happy just being able to hold his hand and catch his lips in a kiss every now and then. 

“I’m hungry.” Tao said to Baekyun after a while.

“Just give hyung and Chanyeol a bit more time, kitty.” The brunet said, looking at his friend and owner. “They’re having fun.” The twin towers we a bit further behind the other three hybrids. They were currently looking at a light up Santa and reindeer front yard decoration and seemed to be having a delightful conversation, if the laughter was any indication. Baekhyun just couldn’t bear to interrupt them.

“Okay, beef hyung.” Tao sounded disappointed, but deep down inside he did want the boys to have as much time together enjoying their Christmas activity. And the kitten soon found himself distracted from his hunger by another snowball fight with Chen.

 

The group stayed out for about 20 more minutes before hunger finally caught up with the others and Kris decided to return home. Once the front door opened, all hybrids dashed to the bathroom, already knowing that Kris would tell them to wash up before touching any food. Since Kris stayed out of the snowball fights, he deemed himself clean enough to handle the gingerbread house while the others were washing their hands. After taking of his jacket, he made his way into the kitchen.

“Alright, so how are we gonna do this?” Kris asked himself. He went through a bunch of ideas in his head of how to even divide the snack before he eventually decided to just grab a piece of roof to munch on and leave the rest to the boys. He wasn’t that much of a sweets person anyway. He only just managed to neatly break off his serving and take a bite out of it before his pets came back downstairs. Unfortunately for the tall blond, his hybrids decided to just eat the gingerbread house as a whole without even taking of pieces for themselves. As such, they ended up making quite a mess.

“We have plates you know.” The man said sarcastically. Baekhyun shushed him by shoving a large piece of the treat in the man’s mouth.  

“This is so good.” Tao meowed, his fluffy tail swishing happily. Chanyeol the kitty on the head as he ate, eliciting quiet purrs from the boy.

“What are gonna do after this?” Chen asked with a full mouth.

“Shower probably.” Kris shrugged. “It’s getting pretty late.”

“But I wanted to watch more Christmas specials.” The cat pouted.

“Shower first, then you can watch until bedtime.” Kris replied as he took a bite of food from Chanyeol’s hand. Tao nodded happily.

Within minutes the gingerbread confection was gone. Sometimes, Kris was happy to have such greedy hybrids and this was certainly one of those times. While Chanyeol and Baekhyun helped Kris to clean up, Tao and Chen made their way to the bathroom. The ebony cat hated to shower by himself so he always requested that at least one other hybrid accompany him. Even if they didn’t actually shower together, he liked having someone with him to have conversations. He also had a slight fear that ghosts lurked in the bathroom at night and felt that they’d be safer as a pair.

“Taozi, Chen Chen, hurry up in there!” Chanyeol barked. He and Baekhyun were currently in bed snuggled in their owner’s warmth, watching yet another Christmas special. Kris rarely ever used the TV in his room. Usually he’d prefer to just watch his shows on the large flat screen downstairs and return to his room for bed. But he felt rather tired after the long day they had and would rather fall asleep in his bed than on the couch.

“The movie will be over by the time they get out.” Baekhyun muttered sleepily, hugging Kris’s arm.

“I just want to shower.” Kris mumbled. He was using Chanyeol’s chest as a pillow for a change as opposed to the silver puppy lying atop him. To the tall man’s relief, the sound of the bathroom door opening was finally heard. Tao and Chen entered the room in their fluffy pajamas, the latter diving onto the bed.

“Aigoo, you all missed me, right?” Chen whined.

“Why does it always take you guys forever to bathe?” Kris asked as he and Chanyeol moved over towards the center of the bed to make room for Tao to lie down.

“Ask him.” Chen said, pointing at Tao.

“I didn’t do anything.” Tao pouted, snuggling closer to Chanyeol.

“He’s always talking about random stuff and taking forever. And then he doesn’t even let me wash myself. He just takes the towel and does it himself.” Chen responded.

“He does that for all of us.” Chanyeol chuckled, brushing a finger through Tao’s hair.

“I just want to help you get clean.” Tao purred. "Cats are better at giving baths than doggies."

“But it seems like these two always take the longest.” Kris mumbled, looking at the felines. “Ugh, I’m too tired to shower now.”

“Good, stay here.” Baekhyun pulled his owner’s arm closer to him.

“We can shower in the morning, hyung.” Chanyeol said, pressing a kiss to Kris’s forehead.

“Luckily I don’t go back to work until next week.” The blond man said. He gave each of his hybrids a kiss, Chanyeol’s being on the lips, and lowered the volume on the TV. “Goodnight guys.”

“Nite Kris.” The hybrids responded. “Saranghaeyo.”

“I love you, too.”


I was kind of dissapointed with this one. I kept feelingthat it didn't have enough Krisyeol and I wanted to add more, which is why it took so long. But I've got some more fluffy chapters prepared, including some with a lot of Krisyeol, so stay tuned.

Hope you all enjoyed.