C4.

Chaenarios For You.

You arrived to class like usual and took your sit. You took out your book and started doing some notes.

Just then, a kiss landed on your cheek. You blinked and look to your side.

It was your boyfriend, Chae Hyungwon.

The two of you have gone out for two months. He had a crush on you for almost three years, but never got the guts to ask you out. So, Hyungwon had to go through seeing you went out with a bunch of other guys before he finally made a move. You never had a boyfriend in your three years of university.

You only dated. The furthest you went for was only second dates. You promised yourself you would not get into commitment until you meet the one. Most that you dated had lots of deal breakers. Since Hyungwon and you are in your senior year, he would not want to miss his chance anymore. And as for you, you only knew Hyungwon as the eye candy basketball player in your school. All the girls wanted a piece of him. You find him attractive too, but never saw anything else but the looks.

To your surprise, you did not know of his big admiration for you until he invited you to his birthday party and confessed to you there. He said that you did not have to like him back, but just go on one date and that would be enough. You knew a date would not hurt and out of all the girls in school, you were quite surprise that you were the girl that you heard rumours about Hyungwon fancying a particular girl from the fashion department.

(FLASHBACK)

Hyungwon walked you back to your apartment.

“Thank you.” Hyungwon suddenly blurted. You blinked at him.

“What for?” Hyungwon shyly looked down.

“For going out with me tonight. I don’t know about you, but I had an amazing time,” he smiled. You smiled, looking at him being all shy and embarrassed.

“Hey, Hyungwon,” you called.

He looked up, “Yeah?”

“Wanna know a secret?” You asked.

Hyungwon nodded, “Sure.” You smiled and took a step closer to Hyungwon. You went on your tip toe and kissed Hyungwon on the lips.

After a good 10 seconds kiss, you pulled back. You stared in his eyes.

“I have a good feeling about you. I could feel that you’re sincere too. And because of that, you deserve that kiss, Chae Hyungwon.” You said. Hyungwon was left speechless.

“You said you waited three years for me, right?” You asked. Hyungwon just nod. You sighed and pecked him again on the lips.

“I’ll make sure your wait was worth it. Good night, Hyungwon.” You smiled and walked up to your apartment.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

From that on, you agreed to become Hyungwon’s girlfriend. You did not know why, you felt safe with Hyungwon being your boyfriend.

And for the past two months, he has been the best boyfriend any girl could ever ask for. Everyone envied the two of you.

Hyungwon’s not pushy, he’s understanding, loving and caring too. Rather than that obvious lovely dovey, young couple who were stuck like glue, the two of you were more to the mature adults that respected each other’s space but still knows when and where to be lovey dovey - kind of couple.

“Good morning, beautiful.” He smiled his charming smile.

You mirrored his smile, “Good morning.” He cocked his head to side, staring at you deeply.

“Is it just me or are you looking prettier everyday?”

You sighed and chuckled, “Is it just me or you have gotten cheesier everyday?” Hyungwon slightly giggled and moved his face closer to yours, staring passionately at you.

“I’m not kidding, baby.” You pushed his face away.

“Stop hanging with that Shin Hoseok. He’s polluting your head.” You said. Hyungwon laughed.

“Oh, honey. It’s not me you should be worrying about.” Your eyebrows furrowed and you looked at him. He gave a wink.

Before you could say anything, Hyungwon pecked a kiss on your lips and ran out of your class. You looked at him running out, you shook your head and chuckled all by yourself. Your class came to an end and you headed for the university’s cafe.

When you arrived, you saw Hyungwon standing in front of the entrance door. You smiled and walked over to him. Hyungwon lifted his head and a smile naturally spread across his face. Holding his arm out, he wrapped it around your waist, pulling you closer to him. Hyungwon planted a kiss on your lips and pulled back.

“How was class?” He asked. You shrugged.

“Sounds exciting~” Hyungwon nodded. You giggled. Hyungwon took you by the hand and led you inside the cafe. He sat you down.

“Wait here. I’ll go order.” He said and you responded with a nod. Hyungwon held out the waffle he cut for you. You opened your mouth and he fed you.

“So, baby. About the trip, did you tell your parents yet?” He asked.

You nodded, “Yeah, I did. They said okay. No big deal.”

Hyungwon nodded in content, “Awesome.”

“So, where are we going?” You asked. Hyungwon smiled.

“I found a great place. Don’t worry about it. Your oppa got it all cover.” He said, puffing out his chest.

You raised an eyebrow, “We’re the same age, genius,” you pointed out. Hyungwon laughed and pinched your cheek.

“Stop being so cute, boo.” You furrowed your eyebrows.

“I wasn’t,” you defended.

“I guess you’re just irresistible,” Hyungwon replied. You rolled your eyes but smiled.

To celebrate your 100th day, Hyungwon decided to bring you out on a trip. Just the two of you.

About a month after the trip, you decided on something. But to your surprise, you were worried about that decision you are making now that you have a boyfriend. You were worried about his reaction. Even though it scared you, you were still firm with the decision. You decided to tell him. Hyungwon took you out for ice cream as a late night rendezvous.

“Hyungwon, I have something to tell you.” You said.

“What is it, baby?” He looked at you.

“I want you to listen to this,” you held out your Mp3 player to him.

With furrowed eyebrows, Hyungwon took the Mp3 player and stuck the earphones in his ears.

“Should I just press play?” He asked. You nodded. Hyungwon pressed play. At first, it was a recording of you singing his favorite song acoustically. He smiled, listening to it. The song ended and he wanted to take one of the earphone out, but you stopped him.

“There’s more.” You said. He blinked and nodded.

Then, it skipped to the next recording. This time, it was you again. But you were not singing.

Instead, “Hey, baby. It’s me, _____.” Hyungwon chuckled and looked at you. You half heartedly smiled back at him. Then, you looked down at your fingers.

I actually made this recording pour of fear. You see, before this, I’ve already planned this. But I’ve never really got the guts to do it. But ever since I met you, you make it seem like anything is possible. You also told me that dreams are meant to be achieved. Thanks to you, I want to achieve my dreams, no matter how silly or impossible they all seem. I’ve always been the type to do without worrying about what other people would say, but then you came into my life and changed that. Your opinions matter to me and I really hope that you support me on this decision I made. So, I did this recording cause I didn’t know how to tell you. Hyungwon-ah… I’ve decided to go on a trip for a year, alone.

As it got that part, Hyungwon’s smile faded. You looked at his expression and knew that it came to the ending of that recording. You waited for Hyungwon’s response but it was dead silence.

“Hyungwonnie?” You called. Hyungwon did not respond. He took out the earphones. Gently, he gave it back to you and opened the car’s door. He stepped out and shut the door.

Though it was not a loud bang, but you felt the heaviness of the shut. You too, came out of the car and walked toward him. You stood beside him. Hyungwon said and did nothing but stared at the lake in front of him. You peeked at him.

“Hyungwon-ah, talk to me.” You said. He sighed.

“Three years…” He finally opened .

“I’ve waited for you for three years and now you’re leaving me?” He asked as he looked at you.

“Who said that I was leaving you? I’m just taking some time for me. To achieve my dreams, to explore the world, to meet my destiny.” You defended.

“You’re my dream. You’re my world. And you’re my destiny. You think it’s that easy for me?” Hyungwon said.

You wanted to say something, but Hyungwon continued, “Just give me a bit of time. I’ll get the money and we’ll go together.”

“It’s not about that. I just want to be independent. I want to just be on my own. I’ve done nothing but study and work all my life. I’d like to explore my choices.” You explained.

“Then, what about me?” He asked.

“It’s only for a year. We’re still young.” You replied. Hyungwon shook his head, looking back at the lake.

“No.” He said.

You looked at him, “Hyungwon…” You weakly called his name.

He turned to face you, “If you’re going to leave, break up with me first.” He said. You were startled by that request of his. Because you did not want to fight no more, you nodded with a heavy heart.

“Fine. If that’s what you want.” Hyungwon was in shock. He had hope that you would say something to save the situation, but you did not.

“Fine.” He stubbornly agreed.

Hyungwon drived you home that night and it ended like that.

Though broken up, the two of you obviously were too head over heels for each other. The thing that bothered Hyungwon the most was the last thing you said to him that night you two broke up.

“You were the one who told me that I should achieve my dreams. For a second, I thought you were different. I was once again wrong. Goodbye, Hyungwon-ah.”

Those words rang in Hyungwon’s head non stop and it haunted him. You felt even more upset the fact that Hyungwon did not do anything after the break up.

One day, you met up with your friends at the cafe. Just an hour after your arrival, Hyungwon and his friends came by the cafe. The two of you met eyes, but looked away was quick as lightning. His table was just behind yours and the two of you were back to back.

One of your friends started talking about travelling, and you have not told them about the trip you are going on. One of the other friend made a joke about travelling. You chuckled lightly.

Just then, she asked you, “How about you, _____? Where and how long do you plan to go if you’re going on a trip?”

You felt the burden as Hyungwon was just right behind you.

“Um..” You bit your lower lip.

“Actually, I’m going -”

BANG!

You and your friends jumped in shock. You turned around and saw Hyungwon’s back as he was standing up. He turned around and grabbed your hand.

“I’m borrowing her for a couple of hours.” Hyungwon pulled you, not too hard and the two of you made your way out of the cafe.

Without a word, Hyungwon brought you over to his car and stuffed you inside the passenger seat. He stepped in the driver’s seat and put on his seatbelt. You have only seen Hyungwon get upset a few times, but they were never about you. Hyungwon was the type to stay quiet if he’s mad or upset. Then, this time, you knew that he was upset with you. Because of that, you were even more scared. You decided to stay quiet the whole drive. You did not know where he was driving the two of you to.

Soon enough, the two of you arrived at the mall. Holding you by the hand, Hyungwon first dragged you to the store with travelling requirements. You blinked as to why he had brought you there.

“Yes, sir? How may I help you?” The sales girl asked.

“I’d like to buy a carrier. Something light and durable.” Hyungwon said.

“How about this, sir?” She showed a blue medium sized carrier.

“Do you have a bigger size? Something that could be use for a year, and perhaps, red in colour?” He asked. Your eyebrows furrowed. Red was your favorite colour. The sales girl walked over to a bigger size carrier and to your luck, it was red in colour.

“This one?” She asked.

Hyungwon nodded, “I’ll take it. And I’d like to pay by 12 months payment.”

“Sir, we have a three months payment including interest -”

Hyungwon cut the sales girl, “No. I don’t care about the interest. I’d like the 12 months payment agreement.” The sales girl completely goes quiet and just nod.

“Yes, sir.” She walked to the cash register.

Hyungwon looked down all the while.

After hearing ‘12 months payment’, you kind of got the idea of what he was doing.

“Chae Hyungwon…” You softly called. Hyungwon clenched his teeth, you saw his jaw tightened.

“Don’t talk to me. I’m mad at you,” he replied.

Next, Hyungwon brought you to the digital store.

“Give me something that has really good functions and the one that connect to WiFi easily.” He requested to the clerk.

You smiled, “They have that? I could send pictures to you.”

“I told you to be quiet,” Hyungwon coldly said to you. Your smile faded. The clerk showed Hyungwon the camera. He let go of your hand and took the camera in his hands.

Hyungwon nodded, “I’d like a 12 months payment -”

The clerk cut him, “But sir, we only have 10 months -”

“I don’t care. I need the 12 months payment!” Hyungwon snapped at the clerk. He turned to you and you looked away.

He continued, “Cause if this girl beside me is still sane, she’ll come back to her boyfriend that is paying for her gifts in those 12 months.” He said.

You slowly looked up at him and the two of you locked eyes. Hyungwon was the first to break the contact.

“Show me the tablet PC too. That too, 12 months payment.” Hyungwon said, in a calm tone.

The clerk nodded and went away.

“Thank you, Hyungwon. And… I’m sorry,” you said, looking at his profile.

“I said don’t talk to me right now.” Hyungwon responded coldly. You smiled and hugged him, pressing your cheek against his upper arm, close to his shoulder.

“I love you, Chae Hyungwon.” You affectionately said. Hyungwon melted, but being a stubborn man that he was, he still was holding firm to his feelings. He gently shook you off.

“Don’t do that. I’m really upset with you,” he said, not looking at you. You smiled lightly and you tip toed, giving a soft peck on his cheek. His jaws tightened and he looked to the other side.

A week after your finals, it was finally the day of you took off for your trip.

Before D-day, Hyungwon really made the best of his time left with you. He had left nothing but good memories for you. You never felt so loved and cared for before Hyungwon came into your life. Hyungwon helped you bring your carrier while you held onto the camera bag he had bought for you. Hyungwon pulled you away from his hug. He placed a kiss on your lips.

“Please think about it again.” He said.

“There you go again. I’m at the airport already, for God’s sake.” You responded.

“What if someone pretty came at me and asks me out?” Hyungwon asked. You smiled.

“I wouldn’t worry about that. You still have that monthly reminder where you’ll be paying for your girlfriend’s gifts for her trip.” Hyungwon smirked.

“Darn it. You got me.” You lightly laughed. You leaned it and kissed him. You pulled back and smiled.

“I love you, Chae Hyungwon.”

Hyungwon pulled you into a tight embrace, “I love you more, ______.” The two of you hugged each other until your flight was announced.

As a last gift, Hyungwon gave you his favorite jacket. “Think of me always.” He said. You smiled and wore the jacket around your body.

“Always.”

With a last kiss, you boarded the airplane.