C9.

Chaenarios For You.

It was about one o'clock in the morning and Hyungwon’s friends finally went home.

Before heading to bed, Hyungwon cleaned up the mess in his living room.

After cleaning up, he took a quick shower and changed into a pair of fresh, grey sweatpants. Hyungwon stepped in his bedroom and climbed on to his bed. Just then, he heard the sky grumbling.

He turned to look out the window, “It’s going to rain.”

Hope there’s no thunder.

He sighed as the thought of you came to mind. It has been a month since Hyungwon and you split up from your two years relationship.

Despite the two of you had broken up, even until then, he still love you and missed you everyday. But, respecting your decision was also a part of his duty.

Like he predicted, it rained.

An hour passed, and suddenly Hyungwon was woken up by the ring of his doorbell. He rubbed his eyes as he sat up.

“Who the hell would that be?” He ruffled his hair and stood up. Dragging his body, Hyungwon went to answer the door. As he opened the door, Hyungwon was caught by surprise when his vision clearly showed you standing in front of him, drenched from head to toe.

“____?” His voice turned worried. You hugged yourself and weakly smiled.

“Hi. Could I…” You did not even have to finish your sentence. Hyungwon pulled you in.

“Hang on.” He said as he ran off to his room. You nodded and waited. You walked over to the living room and smiled.

“You clean now?“ You asked as he came back.

Without a word, Hyungwon swung your arm around his neck and carried you bridal style to his room. He sets you down and grabbed your sling bag.

“Go and shower before you catch a cold,” he nodded at the shower.

Without a word, you obeyed him. You undressed yourself and took a shower. You dried yourself and wrapped the towel around your body. You opened the door and stepped out.

“Hyungwon oppa?” You looked around the room. Just then, he appeared inside the room.

“I’m here.” Hyungwon walked over to you a pair of his boxers and a t-shirt. He tucked his boxer under his armpit and unfolded the t-shirt. Hyungwon put the t-shirt on for you.

As your head came out from the hole of the t-shirt, you kept your eyes on him. You admired the fact that he was still the same. Caring and loving as you remembered.

Naturally, he pulled the towel off your body and the shirt dropped.

He held out his boxer, “Put this on.” You took it and put it on as he went out of the room.

After putting on the boxer, you came back out to the living room. “Oppa?” You called.

“Kitchen.” He announced. You walked over to the kitchen and the scent of hot chocolate pierced your nose.

“Hot choco?” You asked as approached him.

“Mm.” He replied simply. You frowned. He is probably still upset. He turned to you with the mug of hot chocolate. Your eyes twinkled as you saw him holding the mug with your name on it.

He still keeps it?

Hyungwon held it out with his other hand shoving in his sweatpants’ pocket. You studied his face and there was no hint of playfulness in his eyes, nor there was no hint of anger either.

Taking the mug in your hands, he dropped his hand and shoved his hand in his other pocket.

“Aren’t you going to ask me about what happened? Aren’t you worried?” You had a hopeful heart. Hyungwon was being his stubborn self. Of course I want to ask you. I’m worried to death, baby… “We can talk tomorrow. You should rest,” he said.

He continued, “You could take the bed. I’ll sleep on the couch.” Hyungwon walked over to the living room. You pouted. He must be really upset..

Sighing, you brought yourself to the bedroom.

“Good night.” You said.

“Good night, ____,” he replied. You closed the door.

“I miss you calling me baby.” You said out loud.

After finishing the hot chocolate, you went to bed and drifted to sleep with Hyungwon’s scent hugging you. Hyungwon sighed as he closed his eyes with a small smile.

At least I know you’re safe. Cause you’re here with me.

Just then, the rain became heavier and thunders were added. You woke up and boxed your ears. You hated the thunder, ever since you were a child.

Like how Hyungwon is afraid of anything with 8 legs, your fear was the thunder. Hyungwon too was abruptly woken up by the thunder. He wanted to get up and go check on you, but he held himself back.

She’s fine, Hyungwon. Go back to sleep.

He shut his eyes. Just as he was trying to go back to sleep, someone pulled his cover off him and he instantly opened his eyes. Without a word, you climbed on to the couch next to him. Hyungwon blinked at you.

“____,” he softly called. You had your eyes shut and your body was trembling.

“Please, Hyungwon. I know you hate me, but please. Just let me stay here with you. Please.” You pleaded while sobbing.

Hyungwon could not take it anymore. He mentally scolded himself for being stubborn with the girl he loves.

Great, you idiot! Now she thinks you hate her! You’re so stupid, Chae Hyungwon!

Hyungwon sighed. He pulled the cover and covered the both of you. He wrapped his arm around your waist and drew you closer to his body.

Placing his other arm under your head, you naturally placed your head on his bare chest. You snuggled closer to him. Another thunder clapped and your body jumped a bit. Biting your lip, you shut your eyes harder, not letting your tears fall. Hyungwon tightened his embrace.

“Its okay. I got you. I’m here,” he whispered trying to calm you down. Your tensed body loosened up a bit as he said that.

“Thank you.. and I’m sorry.” You said. Hyungwon softly smiled.

“No, I’m sorry, baby.” You opened your eyes and looked up to meet his eyes.

“You called me baby again,” you said. He chuckled in his low voice.

“Cause you’ll always forever be my favourite baby,” he smiled as he ran his thumb across your cheeks, wiping away your tears.

“Oh and by the way..” He stopped caressing your cheek and cupped the back of your neck, “I could never hate you, you should know me better than that.”

“You don’t hate me?” You asked.

He smiled, showing his teeth, “How could I hate you when I’m too busy loving you, babe?” Your eyes formed tears again. You always know what to say.

"I love you,” you pecked his lips. He chuckled.

“Thats not enough, baby. Show me you love me!” Hyungwon demanded in a cute tone.

Finally, after all this while, you saw the playfulness in his eyes, just like how he first met you.

The thunder left your mind as it became preoccupied at how adorable your boyfriend was being. You giggled and cupped his neck, pulling him into a deep kiss.

Hyungwon's eyelids dropped and he kissed you back.

“I love you more.” He mumbled in the kiss.