C13.

Chaenarios For You.

"Oh really? Cool. I'm so glad."

Seonghun put a hand against his forehead with a relief smile, "I know right. I thought she was going to reject me at first. But like, when she said yes, my heart felt like it was going to burst! God."

Haemi nervously chuckles and faked a smile.

Seonghun waved, "Right, enough about me." He chuckled, "How about you? Who are you going with?" Seonghun asked. Haemi gulped.

Truth was she wanted to ask him to prom, but apparently, that was not going to happen.

"M-me? I'm not sure yet. Well, who wants to go with a ugly duckling right?" Haemi chuckled nervously.

Seonghun softened, "Hey. Don't say that, I'm sure there's someone who wants to go with you. And no, you are not an ugly duckling." He winked.

Haemi forced a smile, "Mm, right. Uh, I have to go." She quickly slung her backpack and walked away.

Confused and worried, Seonghun watched her walking away, but did not go after her. Thinking she was in the rush.

Haemi reached home and threw her backpack on the floor.

"Great. The prom is tonight and I'm dateless. Just wonderful." She looked at her dress. Hot tears began to form in her eyes. With an upset heart, she still went.

Unfortunately, the prom was not such a hot night for Haemi. She even left early. She changed into a simple t-shirt and sweatpants. She tied her hair into a messy bun.

Around 11 o'clock, since she was alone at home, she decided to watch a movie.

About an hour later, her doorbell rang.

She got up, "Did I order pizza? Wait, I didn't."

She mumbled as she made her way to the door. She opened the door and to her surprise, a young man was standing in front of her door. He has dark brown hair and his back was facing her, so she could not recognize him.

"Uh..."

Before she could say anything, the young man turned around, holding a rose and the other hand holding a picnic basket.

"Chae Hyungwon?" Haemi blinked her rounded eyes.

Hyungwon smiled softly, "Hey, beautiful."

Hyungwon is Haemi's tuition buddy. While Haemi was busy looking at Seonghun, what she had not know was that Hyungwon's huge crush on her. Despite knowing that she likes somebody else, Hyungwon stayed around and protected her.

"What...." Haemi's face slowly softened.

Hyungwon chuckled, "You're an idiot, you know that." He said.

Haemi was taken aback, "What- What did I do?"

"I had some business to take care of and wanted to surprise you at the prom, but your friends told me you left already. Who leaves prom at 9:30?" Hyungwon scoffed. Haemi face turned somber.

"You don't understand, Hyungwon," she crossed her arms. Hyungwon softened, looking at the girl he admires being broken hearted by a jerk who doesn't know how lucky he is to have her attention.

"May I come in?" He politely asked.

Without a word, Haemi turned around and walked back to her living room, leaving Hyungwon at the door. Hyungwon got the hint and entered her house. He closed the door and walked to the living room as well.

"Eaten already?" He asked. Haemi nodded and sat down on the couch with her legs crossed.

"Well, I hope you still have some room for what's inside the basket." He said as he took a seat next to her. Haemi furrowed her eyebrows. Hyungwon handed her the rose and put the picnic basket in between him and her.

"Check what I've prepared," he nodded at the basket. Haemi eyed him suspiciously. He just give a sweet smile. She placed the roses on the arm rest and opened the picnic basket. She took out a few lunch boxes that were in there. She checked each and every one of them.

Slowly, she softened. He had prepared all of Haemi's favorite food. She looked up at him, "But..."

"I had planned to go to on a night picnic with you after the prom tonight. But, that didn't work out," he chuckled.

"But why?" She asked.

"Why what?" He blinked.

"Why are you doing all of this?" She asked. Hyungwon smiled as he looked down on his hands.

"Cause I thought about confessing tonight." He said quietly.

"Confessing?" She blinked. Hyungwon sighed as he lifted his head.

"Yeah, confessing at how much I like you, and admire your everything and how I think you're really dumb for liking that Seonghun when I'm always there for you, but still, I'm deeply in love with you, that's why I rather be hurt for not having you feeling the same way, then to see you suffering alone in pain." He said.

Haemi was speechless. Hyungwon had never looked so serious. And tonight was her first time seeing him like that. Hyungwon broke into chuckles.

"I know I'll never be as good as he is, but I promise I'll take care of you. I mean, I've been doing good all this while. So... yeah..."

Haemi put the lunch boxes back in the picnic basket with an expressionless face. Hyungwon gulped.

Oh no. Does she hate me now?

"Wait, Haemi. Don't. I didn't mean to call you dumb. I like you, I mean, I.. I.." He said as he stopped her hands. Haemi looked up at him. He read her eyes and released her hands. She closed the basket and put it to the side. Hyungwon stood up.

"It's okay. I know the way out."

Just as he was about to turn, he felt a tug on his wrist. He turned his head. Haemi slowly had pulled him down on the couch. He blinked at her. Haemi scooted a bit closer to Hyungwon and she pulled the blanket, covering both her and Hyungwon. She took his arm and slung it around her shoulder. Haemi grabbed the controller.

"We're watching a scary movie. You know how I'm a chicken. So, hold me tight and..." She looked up at him with gentle eyes, "Never let go of me."

Hyungwon softened.

He got the hint.

She accepted him.

She accepted his confession.

And the best part was, she is responding to the feelings.

Haemi let out a gentle smile and kissed his cheek.

"I never did... and now, I never will." Hyungwon leaned in and kissed her forehead. Haemi closed her eyes as he kissed.

"Thank you." She whispered.

She felt Hyungwon's lips smiling against her forehead and she intertwined her fingers with Hyungwon's.