C11.

Chaenarios For You.

It was lunchtime and you took a deep breath.

It's now or never.

You closed your eyes and breathe out. Gathering your courage, you headed the seniors building. You walked up to the rooftop. You opened the door and like you hoped, he was there.

Chae Hyungwon.

The senior you had a crush on since forever.

Your heart melt at the sight of him, reading a book on the edge.

With another deep breath, you shook your hands to ease the nerve. Biting your lip in nervousness, you slowly walked up to him.

Sensing someone was there, Hyungwon looked up and blinked at you. You wanted to stop at your pace when he looked up, but you thought about how stupid you'd look, so you continued.

Hyungwon pulled out his earphones. You were standing just a feet away from him.

"Hi." You greeted with a shy smile.

"Hello." Hyungwon greeted back with a small but friendly smile.

"I'm (your name)." You introduced yourself.

"Chae Hyungwon." He responded.

You smiled, "It's okay. I know who you are." You said.

"Ah, you do?" Hyungwon scratched at the back of his neck. He cleared , "Um, is there anything I could help you with?" He asked.

"Actually, not really. But I have something I need to tell you." You said. Hyungwon's eyebrows furrowed.

"O..kay.. What is it?"

"I know you have the test coming up and I'm in no way trying to get you distracted or anything. But, I feel like I just had to do it before it was too late." You started. Hyungwon became speechless.

You swallowed and finally continued, "I like you. I have been liking since I was a freshman. But never really got to know you personally. You were really nice to me during sports day. I know that we only communicated during that time and I couldn't be anymore thankful. But yeah, I just felt like I needed to confess before anything else happen. I thought you should know at least."

Your chest felt like it finally was breathing like normal again and you felt nothing but a heavy burden just jumped off your shoulders.

You smile in relieve, knowing that you did it. You finally did it. Hyungwon still was unresponsive. You looked at him. You could tell that he suddenly became uncomfortable and was bashful.

You broke into a chuckle.

"Don't be scared. I'm just telling you how I feel. I'm not expecting an 'i love you' from you, sunbae. You don't have to say anything if you don't want to. I did what I needed to do. Now, you know and I'm free. So, thank you for your time." You smiled brightly at him.

Hyungwon stared at you with eyes that were very hard to read. You were getting uncomfortable.

You cleared your throat, "O..kay. So, um, Imma let you get back to your reading. It was nice talking to you, sunbae. See you around." You bowed a little and made your way to the exit.

Figured. Boys will be boys. No matter how old or nice they are. They froze at every confession made to them. Haih. No difference for this one either.

You thought as you stepped the stairs to head back to your class.

A couple of days passed, you never felt better.

But what made the difference was that The Chae Hyungwon had started to notice your existence now. Before, he wouldn't give a damn even if you were right in front of him. Now, he couldn't stop staring at you. Whenever you were around somewhere near him, Hyungwon would stare at you. When you smile and gave a friendly wave, he would looked at you and blinked blankly.

A week passed and Hyungwon, did not do anything much except notice your existence. But you somehow did not mind anymore. Since you did what you needed to do.

One day, you had to stay back to clean up. There was suppose to be two of you. You and your classmate. But of course, he had to ditch and leave you with all the work. You were used to it and just did your duty. You were just sweeping the floor while singing when suddenly as you looked up, a figure was standing by the door, looking at you with a blank expression.

“OH MY GOD!” You jumped and threw the sweep. You placed a hand on your chest as you sighed.

“Oh God, sunbaenim. You scared me.” You said to Hyungwon.

“You’re still here?” He asked. You quickly recover to a smile.

“Uh, hehe. Yeah. I’m on duty today,” you replied.

“But usually, there’s suppose to be two students.” He said, coming in the class.

You chuckled, “Yeah, well. What are you to do if you got a boy as your partner for class duty?” You shrugged. Hyungwon looked at you for a good ten seconds and you turned uncomfortable.

What does he want? Gosh...

Finally, he broke the silence.

“Want some help?” Hyungwon offered. You smiled and shook your head.

“Oh no. It’s okay. I could manage. Plus, you have to go home.” You said. Hyungwon put his backpack right next to yours and walked towards you.

With his eyes on you, Hyungwon bent down and picked up the sweep.

“I don’t think leaving you would be very gentleman of me.” He said and he started to sweep.

You opened your mouth, “But, Hyungwon sunbae, it’s alright. You’re probably tired. It’s okay. I could manage.” You said, trying to grab the broom away.

He pulled it away from you, “I want to help.” He said, firmly.

You and him were having an eye contact battle. Both were quite stubborn but you did not know how to react in this situation. He was your sunbae and you did not want to seem rude. You sighed and gulped.

“Okay.. Um, thank you.” You awkwardly thanked him. You turned your heels and made your way to the white board. Hyungwon looked at you cleaning the board and a smile spread on his face.

Truth was, Hyungwon had fallen for you too. He found you different from most girls that confessed to him.

Despite that you confessed to him, you did not seem like much of a fangirl that he was used to. He actually liked the fact that you had a crush on him.

While usually when a girl confesses to him, they would be very pushy in terms of them hoping that Hyungwon would feel the same way too. But you were different. You did not bother him and all you did after the confession was acted like as if you never did confess. He became curious of that. He was quite the secretive type and doesn’t like loud and obnoxious girls.

So, in a way, you fitted the character of his type. To him, you seemed quite mature than girls your age too, so that is a bonus.

The two of you did not talk much except for simple things like; “Could you help me pick that up?” or “Please close the windows.” or “Thank you.” and “Your welcome.”

You were pretty much awkward as he was the guy that you were fancying and to be in one room with him was a dream come true, but never you would thought he’d be this quiet.

Hyungwon seemed talkative enough when he's with his friends, though he would do the laughing most of time when he’s with them. Hyungwon was just too shy to talk to you cause you seemed quite conservative(?).

He’d assume you would like good and meaningful conversations.

After the two of you were done, Hyungwon and you stepped out of the school grounds. You and him stopped infront of the main gate. You turned to face him.

“Thanks a lot for today. I wouldn’t have finished it quickly if it weren’t for your help, sunbae. So, thank you again.” You smiled. Hyungwon gave a small smile and nodded.

“It was no problem.” The two of you were silent again. You looked down at your shoes and played with the tip of your shoe.

“Um.. I better, uh, go.” You nervously said as you jabbed your thumb over your shoulder.

Hyungwon blurted, “Wait.” You blinked at him.

“Yes?”

“Could I ask you something?” Hyungwon asked. You nodded and held the strap of your backpack.

“Why... do you like... me?” His words were careful and cautious.

You looked at his expression when he asked and somehow, you felt like he was the younger one here instead of you. You smiled. And Hyungwon stared at you with his puppy eyes filled with curiosity. You raised your shoulders.

“Hmm. No reason, I guess.” You responded. He blinked.

“Hmm?”

“Yeah. No reason.” You repeated. Hyungwon was confused as ever. You chuckled, knowing that he was really confused at the moment.

“If there’s one thing you should know about me, sunbae.. You should know that first impression is really important to me. You are good looking, you are popular, you are all that. But I don’t like you because of those traits. Personally, I just feel like you’re something more than just a pretty boy. And, if you give me the chance, I’d like to be friends. That is if you want.” You smiled, showing your teeth.

Hyungwon stared at you, frozen. He doesn’t say anything nor react.

“I better go now. I’ll see you tomorrow.” You waved and turned your heels.

Hyungwon watched you walking away. He wanted to do something but he was too captivated by your answer.

Just then, you stopped. You bit your lip in thought. A sly smile creeped on your face and you turned around. You skipped to Hyungwon and stopped in front of him. You took out a pen out of the small department of your backpack.

Without a word, you took his hand and started writing something. Hyungwon felt electricity running down his spine at your touch. You wrote on both his palm and the back of it. Done, you closed the cap. And got on your tip toe, you gave him a small and soft peck on his cheek. Hyungwon’s eyes turned wide.

Giggling, you started running towards the bus, afraid that you’ll miss it.

As Hyungwon watched you dissapeared, he raised his hand and stared at his palm. It was your phone number. he turned to the back.

Shoot me a text whenever. I won’t bite, I promise ;)

Hyungwon looked up at the empty street and a wide smile spread across his face.

Well, I’ll be damned.