C10.

Chaenarios For You.

Hyungwon was walking down the street when suddenly his eyes caught a sight of a girl in a long, blue dress with a grey cardigan on the top. His eyes was kept on the girl as she walked in a cafe. He pulled out his earphones and skipped to the traffic light. He waited until the sign said to cross and finally, he crossed the road, heading towards the cafe.

As he entered the cafe, Hyungwon’s eyes immediately searched for the girl. He finally found her at the corner of the cafe, right beside the glass window. He first went to order a drink and then, sat at a table nearest to the girl’s.

What is she doing here alone? He thought.

An hour passed, the girl remained alone at her table. Hyungwon was getting more curious.

Who was she waiting for? Her girlfriend? Her boyfriend? Sibling maybe?

He was curious to death. Hyungwon studied her features. She kept on biting her lip every time she looked at her watch and her feet would not stop fidgeting. He tilted his head as he sipped his coffee.

Two hours passed and the looked on the girl’s face showed disappointment. She stuck her lower lip out as she scrolled through her phone. She let out a sigh. Hyungwon finally could not take it anymore. He searched in his backpack for something. The sticky notes he just bought.

Smiling, he got up and went to order something. Just then, one of the waiter arrived at the girl’s table with a tray of cheesecake and caramel macchiato. She looked up at the waiter.

She opened , “Wait, I didn’t-"

Without finishing her sentence, the waiter smiled at her as he placed a note beside her small plate of cheesecake. With a simple bow of his head, he walked away. The girl picked up the note.

It read;

I may not know who you are waiting for, but they are a jerk for making you wait. Seeing that you’ve become forlorn because of the ditch, I hope you enjoy the cheesecake and caramel macchiato :) - H

She looked up from the note and looked around. Her eyes revert back on the set of meal on her table and a smile spread across her face. Her insides melt as she sipped on the caramel macchiato.

Thank you, H.

Done eating, she went to the cash register.

"The cheesecake and caramel macchiato.” She said, opening her purse. The girl behind the cash register smiled.

“No need. He paid for it already.” She said. The girl’s eyebrows furrowed.

“What?"

"But he did leave you another note.” She said.

Then, she placed a glass bottle of cold, strawberry juice on the table and on it, there was a note attached to it. Drink this while you head to the music store across the cafe :)

She blinked. What the heck?

The girl looked up at girl behind the register.

“Who left this?"

She smiled, "I’m sorry. But I’m only assigned to give this to you. Have a good day."

The girl awkwardly smiled back, while slowly turning her heels. She head to the exit and she walked up to the traffic light, waiting for the sign to change to cross. She sipped the juice and it was time to cross.

Closing the cap, the girl crossed the road, heading to the music store like the stranger ordered. The girl arrived at the music store and she entered.

One of the clerk greeted her, "You must be her." She blinked at him.

"Excuse me?" "Follow me.” He said.

With a confused mind, she just followed him. He lead her to the testing section.

“Enjoy.” He bowed after placing the headphones infront of her. The girl looked down on the headphones and saw a CD of romantic songs collection. And again, there was a note on the CD.

Play track #2 and listened to it until the song ends :)

She did as told. It played (play your favorite romantic song ^^).

The girl smiled hearing the song. And like he asked her to, she listened to the song until the end. The girl took out the CD and put it back. She walked to the front desk.

“What’s next?”

Excitedly, she asked the clerk behind the desk. The clerk smiled and handed her another note. She received it with a bright smile. She read;

Now, keep the CD. It’s yours. Listen to it whenever you feel down. Turn the paper around. The girl did as told. It read;

You’re probably wondering what’s next, right? Hehe. Okay. Step out of the music store and on your left, go to the flower shop two shops down. When you come inside, say to the worker, ‘caramel macchiato’. She’ll know ^^

p.s. I swear, I won’t make you walk anymore. This is the final stop ;)

She let out a little giggle and looked up at the clerk. He smiled knowingly. The girl thanked the clerk and she stepped out of the store.

As told, the girl arrived at the flower shop. She entered and looked around. One of the worker greeted her. Even though she felt like she was making a fool out of herself, she still did it.

After a chuckle, she said, “Caramel Macchiato.” The worker lightly laughed and nodded knowingly.

"Wait here.“ She said. The girl stood there.

Then, the worker came back out with a bouquet of red roses.

"Here you go.” She handed it to her. The girl received it and her eyes landed on a note attached to it.

With a wide smile, she read it.

I know red roses are quite cliche, but I feel like it’s the best flowers to describe how I’m feeling about you right now. Cringing yet? :p Hahaha. Anyways, now, I hope I made your day. Nobody should treat anyone like that. You seem like a nice person. You deserve to be treated right. With deep admiration, H :)

She turned the note.

Blank.

No. This can’t be the end. She thought.

Now, she was seriously curious about the stranger who did this for her. She walked to the worker.

"Did that person leave anything else? Is this it?“ She asked.

The worker nodded, "Yes. All he said was to give you the bouquet. After he paid, he left. Nothing else."

Disappointed, her heart dropped. She had really hoped to meet the person.

With an upset heart, the girl returned home.

For a week, she listened to the CD, over and over again. She tried going back to the cafe but nothing. Nothing showed up. She hoped a lot to see the person but nothing. A month finally passed and she had forgetten about it.

One night, the girl rode the bus on the way home. Soon enough, she fell asleep due to exhaustion from work. When the girl was abruptly woken up, she found a can of coffee with a sticky note on it. Her heart skipped a beat with the thought of the stranger came to mind.

You seem so tired. Go home safely and get enough rest :) - H

Holy ! He was in the bus?! WHY DID I SLEEP!?

She hit herself with the can. Wanting to rip the note, but of course didn’t have the heart to do so. Sighing, she arrived in her neighbourhood. She got up and walked towards the exit of the bus. Just then, her eyes landed on a sticky note on the handle of the bus. She took it and read;

I’m being a jerk, aren’t I? Keeping you guessing like this… Hmm… Alright, alright. No more games. Go to the cafe near your house. Don’t keep me waiting ^^ - H

Before she could danced a celebratory dance, it suddenly started to rain. Quite heavily in a few minutes.

With a new hope in her heart, the girl quickly made her way to the cafe nearby her house. When she arrived at the cafe, the girl was drenched from head to toe. The people in the cafe looked at her. She did not mind the stares and started searching with her eyes.

Where are you?

After scanning each and every person in the cafe, her shoulders dropped only to find everyone with a partner or with a group. No one had claimed anything. She stood there, disappointed. Again. felt warm and her vision started to grow blur. Swallowing a lump in , she closed her eyes as her tears fell.

Within seconds of her tears streamed down her cheeks, a warm coat was wrapped around her body. The girl turned around only to find a good looking, young man smiling down at her.

"Don’t cry. I was just upstairs. I was wondering where you were.” He spoke. The girl looked behind the guy only find stairs that lead to another floor upstairs of the cafe that she did not bother to search.

"I made you suffer enough. Come on.” The guy took her by the hand, led her out of the cafe and to his car. As she entered his car, he turned the heater on and grabbed the hot coffee he bought beforehand.

“Here.” He handed the coffee to her. She accepted it.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“No.” She responded. He blinked, confused.

“Why?” She suddenly snapped.

“Why what?” He asked.

“Why did you disappear? Did you know I waited for you to show up?” She said.

He became speechless, but inside he was laughing, thinking she could not get any cuter.

“Well… say something…” She said.

The corners of his lips curved upwards and he put down his coffee in the cup holder. Sighing, he the stereo. The song from what she had listened to on that day played. He stepped out of the car and went to the bonnet. He came back inside the car with a bouquet of sunflowers.

“I never disappeared. I only watched you from afar. I was always around you. Studying you. I didn’t want to approach you until I know what kind of a person you are. Which explains this.”

He held out the bouquet to her.

He continued after she received the bouquet, “Believe me. I find you really interesting and I’m sorry if I hurt you. I really didn’t mean to. I just wanted to get to know you better. I hope you forgive me.” He said. She looked at the bouquet and bit her lower lip. She looked up and the two of them met eyes.

After a long, quiet atmosphere, she broke into a smile.

“(your name).” She held out her hand.

He smiled, “Chae Hyungwon.” Hyungwon retorted, taking her hand and kissed the back of it.

As Hyungwon let go of her hand, he grabbed something from the backseat.

“I know you like them hotdog wraps. You must be starving.” He held it out.

She looked at him and the two broke into a giggle festival.