C3.

Chaenarios For You.

“Noona, Hyungwon hyung is downstairs.”

My brother poke his head in my room.

“Huh?”

“Hyungwon hyung. He’s downstairs. Hurry,” he said, waving.

I scatter out of my bed and make my way downstairs. I walk pass my parents who are watching the television, to the door. I open the door and step out. I turn my head to the right and he is sitting on the swing my father hung last year.

“Chae Hyungwon,” I call.

He turns his head and a smile spread across his face, turning his eyes into crescent moons. I mirror his smile and walk over to him.

"What are you doing here? Why didn’t you call?” I ask, hugging my elbows.

Hyungwon chuckles. He pinches my shirt, just right above my stomach and pull me toward him. He press his lips on mine, kissing me gently. He pulls back, “Cause, I meant to.” He winks. I giggle and peck his lips. Hyungwon sighs.

“I wish I could stay longer but my family’s already waiting for me. Just drop by to send this.”

Hyungwon is going back to Gwangju with his family for a month to check on his sick grandfather. As Hyungwon says that, he holds out a big shopping bag.

I take it and look inside, “Eung? What are these?” I blink at him. Hyungwon says nothing and pulls me into an embrace. He squeeze my shoulders and I naturally hug him back by his waist. He pulls back. He cups my face, leans in and kisses my lips.

“Check them out inside. I’ll see you in a month. I love you.” He lets go of my face and gives a gentle smile.

In a rush, I hold on to his hand and says it back, “I love you too.” He contorts up his face, cutely and we both let go. He walks towards the gate and step out. He looks at me, once more and waves. I wave back. Hyungwon blew a kiss and I giggle.

He is old school and cheesy like that. Don’t ask why.

I walk back inside and into my bedroom. I climb on my bed and put the shopping bag in front of me. I dig my hand inside and take out one of the items in there.

It was Hyungwon's hoodie. I unfold it and there is a blue post-it and he wrote messages with black sharpie.

When it’s cold, put it on and think of me hugging you :)

I smile and put it aside. I take out another one of his item. This time, it is his Mp4 player. There is a post-it on it too.

When you miss my voice, listen to all of the tracks I’ve downloaded :)

“I’ll make sure of that, baby,” I say as I put it on the hoodie.

Then, I stumble upon the last item which is a plushie. I pinch my eyebrows as I remember that Hyungwon does not own the plushie I’m holding. I pick up the post-it that fell at the bottom of the bag.

I noticed that it’s been a while since I’ve bought you a plushie. Add this one to your collection, aight, baby? I love you! :)

I chuckle and hug the plushie. I notice that he sprayed his cologne on it to make it smell like it. Like he does to every single of the plushies he bought for me.

++++

It has been a month since I last saw Hyungwon.

We have only been communicating over calls and texts.

It is a Friday night and I am listening to music while reading a book outside on the swing. Suddenly, my phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Evening, beautiful. It’s me.” I hear Hyungwon's voice greet.

I lightly laugh, “Hey, baby~ What’s up?”

“The stars,” Hyungwon replies.

I give a dry laugh, “Ha ha. Seriously?” I ask.

“What? It’s a fact, princess,” he defends. I laugh.

“Mhm. Okay, Chae Hyungwon.” There is a short pause.

I add, “What are you doing? Lifeless are you?” I hear he gasp dramatically.

“How dare you? I am a handsome young man, calling my beautiful baby girl. And she is talking to me. Tell me, how is that lifeless?” He asks. I roll my eyes at his cheesy remark.

Then, he scolds me, “Babe, you shouldn’t roll your eyes like that. What if your eyes got stuck like that?” My eyebrows pinch together and my neck stretch out, high and long.

“Chae Hyungwon,” I slowly call.

“Yes, my fair maiden?”

“Where are you?”

“Me? I’m in front of my girlfriend’s house. But she seems busy on the phone. I don’t want to disturb her.” I warily close my book and stands up from the swing. I walk towards the gate and pull my phone away.

“Babe?” I call. Hyungwon reveals himself with a frown.

“Did you know? My girlfriend hung up on me. How rude of her! Could you believe that?” He shakes his head.

I laugh and throw myself at him. Wrapping my arms around his neck and tip-toeing to reach his height, I hug him tightly. He wraps his arms around my waist and hugs me back. He lifts me up to press our body closer together.

The two of us pull back but did not let go of each other just yet. He leans in and presses his lips on mine. I smile behind the kiss and he mirrors it. The two of us break in giggles. I pull back.

“I’ve missed you,” I say.

“No. I miss you more.” He argues. I lightly laugh and shake my head. Hyungwon then unwrap his arms around me and bend down to pick up two baskin robbins bag.

“What are those?”

Hyungwon smiles, “Ice creams!” He beams. He walks further in.

“Let me go give this one to your family,” he hands me the other plastic bag and pecks my cheek, “while you hold on to ours.” Hyungwon comes back out a few minutes later. He sits down next to me.

Hyungwon takes out the carton of ice cream and holds out a pink spoon to me. I take it and thank him. The two of us start eating.

“So, how’s halmae (grandma)?” I ask. Hyungwon nods.

“Shes fine. She finally checks out, that’s a good progress.” He says.

I nod back, “Ah, that’s good to hear.” Hyungwon scoop some ice cream and hold it out to me. I naturally open my mouth and he feeds me.

“Aigoo, our princess is hungry, eh?” He purses his lower lip out. I make a face at him. Hyungwon sighs.

“You know, you are very pretty, but just loves making those faces. What if it gets stuck? How then?” He asks. I smirk.

“Then, if I’m stuck like that, it gives you the chance to find other girls, right?” I raise an eyebrow. Hyungwon was taken aback.

“Yah yah yah!” Hyungwon points his spoon at me.

“What?” I lift my head high. In truth, Hyungwon hates it when I make faces. He once told me that I just look so adorable to him until he wants to bite me. Not to mention, he has done that before. The two of us continued talking until midnight. Hyungwon steps inside and bid my parents goodbye. I walk him to the gate.

“You better go on in. It’s cold out. Go continue listening to the songs in your room, under your warm blankets.” He hugs himself and closes his eyes.

I chuckle and nod, “Yes, sir.” He laughs. Then, his laugh tone down and he gives out a gentle, soft smile.

He steps forward. Hyungwon fix the hoodie on my head and pulls me close. My eyes meet his. I know what he wants. So, I naturally wrap my around his neck, leaving no space between us. He blinks a couple of times and breaks into a shy smile.

I giggle and lean in, pressing my lips against his. Hyungwon takes the lead and turns the simple lip attachment into a more, advance kiss.

Before the kiss gets more passionate, I unwrap my arms and place them on his shoulder. He closes , stops his kiss but did not pull back yet. I smile and purse my lips to kiss him once more. I pull back and he place his forehead on my shoulder. I lightly laugh and pats his back. He inhale as he lifts his head.

“You’re lucky I’m nice.” He pulls back from our embrace. I laugh, still holding onto his hand.

“I sure am,” I reply. Hyungwon turns his sulky face into a gentler expression.

“Good night. I’ll pick you up tomorrow for lunch.” He says. I nod.

Hyungwon pulls my hand he was holding and kisses at the back of my palm before letting go.