C1.

Chaenarios For You.

“_____, stop!” Hyungwon barked.

“God, Chae Hyungwon! I’m just going to check on my bestfriend. Is that so wrong? He is admitted in the hospital, God damn it!” You snapped back.

“I don’t like it! I don’t like seeing you go to him!” Hyungwon tighetened his grip on your wrist.

“Minwoo is just my bestfriend! You know him too, Hyungwon!” You tried twisting your wrist away from him. Hyungwon held on tighter.

“Oww! Hyungwon-ah, it hurts!” You said. He lossen up the grip a bit but still held on to your wrist. “Hyungwon, this is not the time to be immature! Minwoo needs me!” You said. Hyungwon felt a pang in his heart. He released his grip.

“Then, how about me?” He said in a defeated voice.

“What about you?” You asked as you rubbed your wrist.

"What about me? Don’t I need you? I’ve been needing you for the past one month and all you care about is Kim Minwoo. How he needed you to shop for his so-called girlfriend. How you had to be at his dance practise. How you had to pick him up after being drunk cause he broke up. You’ve been bailing out on me and I didn’t once hover, even though I felt like I’m just a bloody assistant rather than a boyfriend, Kim _____!” Hyungwon snapped.

You were surprised. You did not notice how Hyungwon was feeling all these times because you were too focused on Minwoo, your bestfriend since age five.

Now, you felt nothing but gultiness towards Hyungwon.

“Have you ever thought about what I felt? What I need?” Hyungwon asked.

You softened and took a step towards him, “Babe, I didn’t know-” You stopped and let out a small gasp as Hyungwon turned his face to the other side.

“H-Hyung…wonnie…“

“Go.” Hyungwon said.

"What?” You blinked. He slowly turned around and narrowed his teary eyes at you.

“Go to your precious Minwoo. And don’t ever look for me ever again. He needs you. Well, I don’t. So, you can go take care of him.”

Is he breaking up with me? You were in the verge of panicking.

“Hyungwon, please. I didn’t know. You could’ve told me, I’m just.. I.. Just… Please..” You led out a sigh. “Don’t do this… Please.” You expected he would at least consider thinking about it.

But what he did, gave a clear answer. With a bleeding heart, Hyungwon took out his ring and took a step to you. He took your hand and placed the ring on your palm.

“Take care.”

With those two last words, Hyungwon dissapeared from your life.

++++

After a week, you went to Hyungwon’s apartment to celebrate his acceptance to go to Japan for a music program he’s been talking about for the past one year. But you felt a big bowl of dissapointment after hearing that he had already went the day after the two of you broke up.

“I guess he was serious.” You swallowed hard and hot tears formed in your eyes. I’m sorry.

++++

A month passed and Hyungwon came back home.

It was another weekend after he came back and Hyungwon’s friends came over to hang out.

After partying until two o'clock in the morning, his friends finally went back home.

Before heading to bed, Hyungwon cleaned up the mess in his living room. After cleaning up, he took a quick shower and changed into a pair of fresh, grey sweatpants. Hyungwon stepped in his bedroom and climbed on to his bed. Just then, he heard the sky grumbling.

He turned to look out the window, “It’s going to rain.” Hope there’s no thunder.

He sighed as the thought of you came to mind. Even though the two of you had broken up, Hyungwon was still not over you. He loves you too much that even when he was in Japan, all he kept thinking of, was you. Especially the fact that it was because of you, he managed to go to Japan. Like he predicted, it rained.

An hour passed, and suddenly Hyungwon was woken up by banging sounds from his door. His eyebrows furrowed. What the with the banging?

“Who the hell would that be?” He ruffled his hair and stood up.

Dragging his body, Hyungwon went to answer the door. As he opened the door, Hyungwon was caught by surprise when his vision clearly showed you standing in front of him, drenched from head to toe.

“_____?” His voice turned worried. You sniffled and looked up. With strands of your hair stuck on your wet face, you flashed a wide smile at Hyungwon.

“CHAE HYUNGWON, MY LOVE!” You shouted.

Hyungwon’s eyes dilated. , she’s drunk!

“_____, what are you-”

“Shhhh!” You pushed him inside and closed the door. “Do you know how much I’ve -hiccup- missed you?” Your expression somber. Hyungwon grabbed your shoulders and sighed.

“_____, you’re drunk. What were you thinking?”

Your body was weak and you had no control over it. Your body moved from side to side but Hyungwon kept you balanced.

You giggled, “I was thinking…” You paused. And covered your shy smile. You looked up at Hyungwon and poked his cheek, “I was thinking about you…. My manjjitnam.” You hiccuped and gave a meek smile. Hyungwon sighed and lifted you up bridal style.

“Whoaaa~” You naturally wrapped your arms around his neck. “Where are you taking me, stranger?” You asked with eyes closed.

She must’ve drank a lot. This is so not like her.

He knew all too well that you did not like drinking. There must be something that you were stress with until you had no choice but to drink your worries away; which you have done only once in being Hyungwon’s girlfriend, that was when you had lost your mother.

Hyungwon brought you over to his room and gently set you on his bed. He walked over to his closet and grabbed one of his hoodie and three quarter sweatpants. He sat down next you and lifted you up.

Without a warning, he started ing your drenched shirt. You gasped and pushed his hands away.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” You hugged yourself.

“You have to get out of those wet clothes. You’ll catch a cold sleeping in those,” Hyungwon clamly explained. You shook your head.

“Don’t you -hiccup- lie to -hiccup- me! My Hyungwonnie will kill you if he knows about you wanting to me!” You started hitting Hyungwon’s arms. Hyungwon’s ears perked up as he heard My Hyungwonnie.

Hyungwon grabbed your hands and peeked at you. “What did you say?” He asked in a low tone, almost like a whisper.

“Huh, scary! You even sound like him.” You twisted your hands away from Hyungwon.

“Who?”

"My boyfriend, Hyungwon.” You said as you ran your fingers in your hair, pushing it back. Hyungwon softened. I see that you’re not over me too.

Just then, Hyungwon heard sniffling and a quiet sobbing.

“W-why.. are you.. crying?”

“I miss him.” Your tears fell down on your cheeks.

“Your… boyfriend?” Hyungwon carefully asked. You nodded like a five year old with a pout.

“Where is he?” He asked.

You sniffled and wiped your tears, “I don’t know. I haven’t seen him in quite a while. He’s in Japan right now. I want to call him.. -sob- …so bad and -sob- tell him that -sob- I’m sorry.” You started sobbing.

“Sorry? What for?” Hyungwon asked.

“For being such a bad girlfriend. I was so stupid and blinded by my stupid immaturity and I abandoned him so many times for someone who I was suppose to treat not more than him. I should’ve taken better care of his heart. But I didn’t. Instead, I hurt him. I hurt his heart. And now, he’s gone. He hates me.” Tears fell even more.

Hyungwon softened at the sight of you like that. I don’t hate you, baby. I could never hate you.

“And what’s worst, here I am, in a stranger’s apartment, telling you crap things I’ve done to my now ex boyfriend who is probably having fun with some other girls out there.” You covered your face, crying. Hyungwon ran his hand in his hair as he looked at you. He closed his eyes and pulled you into a hug.

“It’s gonna be okay.” He said.

“You even smell like him. God, you, mister is so not helping me forgetting him. I miss him so badly. I miss him, I miss him, I miss him.” You repeated as you cried in Hyungwon’s chest.

Hyungwon’s heart ache, looking at you. He felt you shivering hard, just like how you cried when your mother died. He knew that you only do that when you are in too much pain and do not know how to release it.

After you had calm down, Hyungwon persuaded you to change into his clothes in the bathroom. You did as told. You came back out from the bathroom and made your way to Hyungwon’s bed. Hyungwon looked at you, walking passed him. Funny how she still remembers where is where. Hyungwon found you adorable at that moment. You climbed onto the bed and laid down on your left. Hyungwon picked up your wet clothes and put them in the washing machine. He came back in the room with a bowl of warm water and a small towel. Hyungwon turned your body and made you flat on your back. You still had your eyes closed and mumbled something gibberish.

Hyungwon dipped the towel in the warm water and squeezed the water out. He folded the towel and placed it on your forehead.

“It hurts.” You said with eyes still closed.

“What hurts?” Hyungwon asked.

“My heart. My heart longs for Chae Hyungwon. It won’t stop hurting.” You pinched your lips together to keep yourself from crying.

Just then, your eyes opened half way. You had your eyes focused on Hyungwon’s face.

“My.. You remind me so much of my boyfriend… You have the same features even. But your hair is different. My boyfriend has blonde hair. Yours is dark brown and slightly shorter.” You pointed out. Hyungwon’s eyes looked down.

“Go to sleep. You had a long day.” Hyungwon gently said.

You scoffed, “Yeah, I did.”

“Excuse me.” You called him.

Hyungwon looked at you, “Hmm?”

“Could I call you Hyungwon?” You asked.

“Huh?” Hyungwon blinked.

“Don’t worry. I know you’re not him. I won’t ask for a kiss or whatever. But could I just call you Hyungwon? I want to practise something.” You asked again. Hyungwon swallowed hard and nodded. You took a deep breathe and exhaled with a smile.

“Hyungwon-ah..” You called.

“Mmm?”

“I’m sorry.” You apologised.

He gulped a lump in . “Just go to sleep, ____. We can talk tomorrow.” Hyungwon said.

“But there won’t be a tomorrow. You’re no longer by my side. I hurt you, remember?” You said. Hyungwon looked at you with soft, apologetic eyes. You continued, “I just want to say, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry for not caring about your needs. I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you when you needed me most when you are always there for me when I need you. I’m just… very sorry.” You placed your warm, shivering hand on Hyungwon’s cheek.

“_____…” Hyungwon voice quivered.

“No, you don’t have to say anything. I’m just practising with you, Mr. Stranger. So that, when I see him, it won’t be a total up.” You gave a bitter chuckle. You sighed and closed your eyes once again.

“Okay. You could stop being Hyungwon now. I want to sleep this pain away. Thanks for practising with me.” You patted Hyungwon’s lap. Hyungwon looked at you as you slowly drifted off to dreamland.

“I’m sorry too.” Hyungwon leaned closer and kissed your nose.

The next day, you woke up with bangings in your head. You placed a hand on your head and groaned, “Argh! I regret drinking now!” You shook your head. You massaged your temples as you slowly opened your eyes.

You scanned the room you were in. Your head tilted as your eyes landed on the fimiliar desk with the small piano and a familiar laptop. You pulled away the blankets and climbed out of bed. You walked over to the desk. You pressed the middle button and the computer screen showed a picture of you and him. Your eyes dilated.

“! I’m at Hyungwon’s home! , I came here drunk! No!” You panicked and jumped on the bed flat on your stomach. You punched the pillow and kicked your legs while your scream muffled in the pillow. You quickly got off the bed. You looked down and slapped your forehead as you realised you were in Hyungwon’s clothes.

“Oh no! This is bad. I came here drunk last night. ! What kind of crap did I spilled yesterday?” You paced back and forth as you bit your nails.

“Think, _____! Think! What did you say to him?” You were squeezing your brain for the answers until your eyes were crossed.

“GAH! NOTHING IS COMING BACK!” You hit your head and calmed yourself down. You collected yourself and walked over to the door. You poked your head out and scanned the sight. Hyungwon was no where to be seen. You tip toed out of the room to the living room. You exhaled as Hyungwon was not anywhere to be seen. Your shoulders dropped in dissapointment.

I want to see you.

Just then, the door clicked and it opened. You turned around with round eyes. Hyungwon came in and closed the doors. Your eyes softened at the sight of your ex-boyfriend.

You changed your hair…

Hyungwon turned around and found you standing in the living room. The two of you became awkward. You gulped and looked down while Hyungwon’s expression turned into a soft one, looking at the girl he loves already woke up from a deep sleep.

“Good morning.” Hyungwon said as he made his way to the kitchen. You slightly jumped as you heard his voice. It’s been a while.

You nodded, “Good morning.”

“I bought breakfast. Eat, then you could go shower.” Hyungwon said as he took off his coat and hung it on the chair. You nodded and timidly walked over to the kitchen.

“I’ll do it.” You offered.

Hyungwon shook his head, “No, it’s okay.”

“At least let me help. I’m sure I burdened you enough last night.” You said.

Hyungwon looked at you, “You remembered what happened last night?” Not looking back at him, you shook your head.

“No, and that’s even scarier. God knows what I did last night until I couldn’t remember.” You washed your hands. Hyungwon wanted to laugh but he controlled his laughed by pinching his lips together.

“Go sit. I’ll do it.” Hyungwon nodded at the chair.

“But, Hyungwon-”

“I said go.” Hyungwon’s voice sternly said. You grew intimidated and obeyed him.

Frankly, Hyungwon was just having fun teasing you, tricking you into thinking that he was still mad at you. After Hyungwon had set the breakfast, the two of you started eating.

What surprised you was that he bought your favourite breakfast meal. You wanted to ask him out of curiousity, but was too scared to do so. You looked up at him. You cleared your throat.

“I like what you’ve done with your hair.”

“Thanks.” Hyungwon gave a simple, short answer, pretending to be cold.

You gulped and nervously asked with a smile, “Why dark brown?”

I’ve always wanted to see you in your brown hair again. Did you remember? Did you did it because I said so?

He shrugged and answered, “Just cause.” Cause you said you miss seeing me in my brown hair.

"O-o-ohh..” You bit your lower lip. It went silence again. Hyungwon wanted to laugh as he would take a peek at you quietly and mannerfully eating your food which is so not you. The old you would’ve had rice stuck on the corners of your mouth.

“So, how was Japan?” You tried to spark another conversation.

“Okay.”

“When did you come back?”

“A week ago.”

“Oh.” You were out of ideas. You could not take it anymore. You put down your chopsticks and pushed your chair. You stood up and walked away from the dining table to the bedroom. Hyungwon blinked up and his eyes followed you. You came back out of the room with your sling bag on your shoulder.

“Where are you going?” Hyungwon asked.

“I can’t do this.” You said as you hed towards the door.

"I’ll wash your clothes and send them back afterwards. I just.. I can’t do this.” Hyungwon grabbed your wrist.

“Hyungwon, let go of me!” You fought.

“Why are you being like this?” Hyungwon pretended that he was angry.

“Because I can’t stand seeing you. Because I can’t stand seeing you, okay?” You snapped. Hyungwon let go of your wrist. You ran your hand in your hair.

“Look, I’m sorry, okay! I miss you too much and I know I deserve the cold treatment that you’re giving me right now, but I just can’t. I want the old us back. I don’t want to be awkward. I don’t want to see you frown.“You sighed and hot tears formed in your eyes.

Hyungwon just stood there with his hands in his jeans’ pockets.

You continued, “I don’t want you to treat me cause you have to. I don’t want to suffer of wanting your arms around me and telling me sweet things but can’t. I miss you and I still love you, and I’ve been thinking of you ever since the day you walked out of my life and I don’t-”

Hyungwon cupped your neck and pulled you into a kiss. Your eyes instantly closed as you felt his lips on yours. Hyungwon pulled back and the two of you opened your eyes.

“Enough with the drama already, _____. It’s getting really boring.” Hyungwon said with a sweet, playful smile on his face.

You were speechless and was in too much confusion in the situation. Hyungwon read your eyes and chuckled. He slowly traced circles on your jawline. Hyungwon placed his forehead on yours.

“I forgive you and I’m sorry too.” He whispered gently. You slowly pulled yourself back.

“Wait.. You’re not mad at me?” You asked. Hyungwon shook his head with a cute smile.

“Why would I be mad at my girlfriend?” You blinked.

“Girlfriend?” He nodded.

“You don’t hate me?” You asked.

Hyungwon gave a cute shrug, “I guess I’m too busy loving you to have time to even think about hating you.” Your vision was becoming blurry again. Hyungwon softened as he saw you were in the verge of crying. He walked towards you and pulled you into a hug.

“Don’t worry, baby. I’m right here. I won’t leave your side ever again. I’ll keep my promise this time.” You wrapped your arms around his waist. He tightened his embrace. You could not help but to feel so secure again in his arms. You pulled back and got on your tip toes.

You pecked his lips, “I hate you for being such an amazing boyfriend.” Hyungwon chuckled.

“It’s in my nature, I just can’t help it.” He bragged. You lightly laughed and shoved him. Hyungwon pulled your hand and s his arm around your waist.

“I love you, Kim _____.”

“I love you more, Chae Hyungwon.” You replied. Hyungwon gently placeed his lips on yours. Your eyelids instantly dropped and you kissed him back.