C14.

Chaenarios For You.

Lena arrives at class and waves at her friends as she smiles.

"Morning, girls," she greets.

"Hey!" They greet back. Lena sits and talks with her friends.

Just then, "Ow." She feels a yank on her ponytail. She furrow her brows and turns around as she touches her ponytail. Hyungwon just brush pass her place.

"Yah, Chae Hyungwon!" She shouts.

Hyungwon lazily looks at her with a raise brow, "What?"

"Was that necessary?" She snaps.

"What's necessary?" He asks. Lena grits her teeth. She grunts and turns back to her friends.

When Lena and her friends are not looking anymore, Hyungwon twitches at the corner of his mouth into a small smirk. He sits at his place as his friends start talking.

Class soon starts and the lesson goes on. Lena grows into boredom as the teacher goes on about algebra. She has her chin on her palm as she yawns.

Slowly, her eyelids drops and she falls asleep. Hyungwon's eyes divert to Lena and smiles with his head down. Biting his lower lip in mischief, he lifts his head. He tears a paper and crumbles it in his hand into a ball. When the teacher is not looking, Hyungwon quickly throw the crumbled paper at Lena.

Lena's eyes shoot open and she stands up, "Yes, ma'am?" She suddenly blurt, out loud.

The teacher and classmates turn and look at her. Lena silently gasps. Hyungwon and his friends start laughing first. The teacher puts her hand on her hip as she stares at Lena. Lena looks at her deskmate, then to her whole classmates.

With pink and hot cheeks, Lena looks back at the teacher with guilt.

"Joo Lena, out now!" The teacher points at the door.

Lena looks at the teacher with pleading eyes, "But, teacher-"

"Now," she stresses her voice. Chewing his lower lip, Lena steps out of her place and walks out of the class. She sighs as kneels down and put her arms up.

God, Lena. Why did you sleep?

She lets out another sigh.

Ten minutes later, Lena's arms grows tired. But then, Lena hears footsteps and she straightens her arms, thinking it is her teacher coming to check on her. She looks up as the person steps out of the class.

It is Hyungwon. Hyungwon kneels down beside her and raises his arms up. Lena looks at him.

"You slept too?" She asks.

"Nope. Just thought of accompanying you out here," Hyungwon says with sarcasm. Lena's nose twitches in annoyance and looks back in front.

What she did not know is that what Hyungwon said is true. He faked sleeping and the teacher caught him.

"Oh God." Lena presses her lips together as the pain in her arms kicks in more. Hyungwon peers over at her.

Just put them down if you're tired. He says in his head.

But he knows you all too well to know that she would never do so. Lena is stubborn like that. Hyungwon's arms start to feel the pain as well, but he is more worried over Lena to think of his arms. Hyungwon sees her expression and notice a sweat coming down her jaw. He sighs and pulls down her hand down.

"Ack," Lena looks at Hyungwon.

"What the hell?" She snaps.

"She's not looking. You don't have to be such Ms. Goodie-Two-Shoes," he lazily says. Lena yanks her wrist away from Hyungwon's grip.

"Shut up, brat," she holds her arms back up.

With hands on his hips, Hyungwon grits his teeth at her stubbornness.

And she says I'm a brat. This kid...

Class is finally over and the teacher steps out and looks at the two students.

"You may go in now." She says. Hyungwon and Lena stand up. They bow and the teacher walks pass them. Hyungwon enters the class after Lena. Hyungwon keeps his eyes on Lena. She makes a pouty face as she massages her arm and sits down. Hyungwon is frustrated the fact that he can not do much to help.

With defeat, he goes back to his place quietly.

****

"Pass it here!" Lena waves her arms. Her friend passes her the ball and she shoots a three pointer. They cheer and clap. Lena smiles widely as she high fives a teammate beside her. Hyungwon smiles a small smile as he looks at her over his shoulder. He jumps in surprise when a ball suddenly lands in his arms. He looks up to the person who threw it.

"When are you gonna come out of that closet and tell her?" Minhyuk asks with a smile. Hyungwon rolls his eyes but smiles and he throws the ball back to Minhyuk. "Shut up!"

Minhyuk passes the ball to a classmate.

"I'm serious though. You know how many boys are targeting to ask her out this Valentine?" Minhyuk points out. Hyungwon's heart grows nervous. What?

But he keeps a straight face as he puts his hands in his sweatpants pockets and sits. Minhyuk sits beside him.

"Yah, are you listening to me?" He nudges Hyungwon's elbow. Hyungwon did not respond to him. Minhyuk rolls his eyes.

"Stop being a stubborn brat and start planning something before she slips out of your fingers, you idiot." Minhyuk gets up and claps Hyungwon's shoulder. He runs back to the middle of the school gym. Hyungwon looks at Minhyuk, then looks at Lena. She is doubled over on the floor with laughter with her friends.

Hyungwon's mouth automatically smiles as his eyes are fixed on her.

What should I do? I at confession. And well, she already hate me. Argh.

Hyungwon sighs as he gets up and runs back to his teammates.

****

It is a cold Thursday morning and Lena arrives at school with a sweater wrap around her body. She steps inside the class and sits down.

Since she arrived early, non of her friends were in sight yet. Lena takes out her book and starts reading at where she stopped last night. Lena lifts her head as she hears footsteps behind her. She looks over her shoulder and sees Hyungwon just entered the class. She turns her head back in front to her book.

Hyungwon looks at Lena as she turns her head away. He lets out a small smile to see her bundled in her sweater. At least he does not have to worry about her being cold. He realises that non of her friends are there. He bites his lower lip, thinking how to approach her.

Then, he remembers. He did not do yesterday's maths homework.

Yes! A great opportunity!

Hyungwon snaps his fingers. He takes out his maths homework and fixes his expressions. Then, he walks towards Lena's place. He sits next to her.

"Lena-yah," he casually calls. Lena looks to her side.

"What?"

"Have you done the maths homework yesterday?" He asks. She nods. He scratches his nape.

"I forgot to do it. Could I copy yours?" Lena looks at Hyungwon in bewilderment. Hyungwon is an A+ student in maths. He'd never go to people to copy their work.

"Um, yeah. Sure."

Still confused, Lena takes her maths homework out.

"Here," she slides the book to him.

"Thanks." He mutters.

Lena nods back, "Mm."

She expects him to get up and copies it at his place, but instead he is doing it there, beside her. She feels awkward and wondering, but she waves the feeling away.

Hyungwon starts copying Lena's homework. Then, he notices the mistakes she's done. He swallows.

This is the chance. Go!

"Lena.." He calls.

Lena puts down her book, "Yeah?"

"You did a couple of mistakes." He points out. Lena blinks.

"Ah, really? Which one?" She closes her book and angles her body to Hyungwon. She scoots closer to him and Hyungwon's heartbeat fastens as her knee is touching his. Hyungwon clears and starts explaining the mistakes she did.

"Oh gosh, Lena. You idiot." Lena slaps her forehead.

"I knew there was something wrong there." She says as she rubs her forehead. Hyungwon chuckles. Lena looks at Hyungwon.

"You must really think I'm an idiot, right?" She made a sad expression. Hyungwon chuckles again and shakes his head.

"If I did, I would've said it to your face." He says with a cute smile. Lena softens.

"You know, I just notice something," she pauses for a few seconds. Hyungwon blinks at her.

"You have a really cute smile." Lena mirrors his smile. Hyungwon's ears turns warm. Lena notice Hyungwon's red ears and cheeks.

"Aww, you're blushing!" Lena pokes Hyungwon's cheek. Hyungwon scoffs and pushes Lena's hand away.

"No, I'm not." He defends. Lena laughs, clutching her tummy. Hyungwon softens at the sight of his crush laughing.

You're so beautiful.

"Hey, Lena." Lena tones down on her laughing and straighten her back.

"Haha, yeah?"

"Are you free this Saturday?" He asks. She blinks and tilts her head to the side.

"Saturday? Hmm, I think I am. Why?"

"Well, Minhyuk got this date. He asked me to tag along, but like, I'm currently dateless. So, I don't wanna be a third wheel..." Hyungwon pauses. Lena hold her palms up.

"Ah, I totally get you. Jimin did the same to me last month," she pouts. "Stupid Jimin. I end up becoming the awkward third wheel. It was so damn boring and awkward, I tell ya." She rolls her eyes. Hyungwon's heart beats fast as his hope is getting higher and higher.

"So?"

Lena smiles and lifts one shoulder. "Sure, I'll be your date."

Hyungwon's eyes brightens. "Really?"

Lena nods as she takes back her book "Yeah, why not? Now, if you'll excuse me," She keeps her book and gets up. "I need to go to the bathroom." She meekly smiles and skips out of class. Hyungwon giggles looking at Lena skipping out. He smiles to himself.

That went pretty well than I thought it would.

He pumps his fist. Yes! A date with JOO LENA!

****

Hyungwon grabs Minhyuk's shirt and shake him, "Lee Minhyuk!"

"Dude, my brain is in my ! Stop it!'" Minhyuk pushes Hyungwon's arms away. Hyungwon cheers and jumps. Minhyuk looks at Hyungwon, up and down. He gives a look.

"Okay, who the hell spiked your drink during recess?" He asks. Hyungwon laughs.

"I'm going out with her!" He says.

Minhyuk furrow his eyebrows, "Her?"

Then, his eyes widens and his jaw drops, "Joo Lena!?"

Hyungwon beamingly nods.

The corner of Minhyuk's mouth curves up. "Dang. How did you do it?" Minhyuk asks.

"Well, I sort of need your help in this. I said that you asked me to tag along with you and your date, but I'm dateless. So, I said to her that I don't want to be a third wheel. And she said okay," Hyungwon pauses. Minhyuk furrow his eyebrows at Hyungwon.

"And?"

Hyungwon meekly smiles.

"And now, you have to find a date." He says. Minhyuk slaps his forehead.

"Oh gosh." He sighs. Hyungwon elbows Minhyuk.

"Come on, man. It's not like it's that hard for you to get a date in three days." Hyungwon says. Minhyuk rolls his eyes.

"I know that. But, I was planning to go to the dance studio this Sunday."

"Oh, come on, man. Help me out this once!" Hyungwon pleads. Minhyuk make a face as he looks at Hyungwon . He sighs in defeat.

"Fine. But you owe me, you little ." Minhyuk punches Hyungwon's arm.

Hyungwon holds up an OK sign, "Done."

****

Lena gets ready to go on the date with Hyungwon. She wears a pair of skinny jeans and a red crop top. She brushes her hair down, letting her naturally wave go. She slings her clutch around her shoulder. She takes the bus to Lotte World.

Meanwhile, Hyungwon and Minhyuk are already there at Lotte, waiting for their dates. Minhyuk ends up asking his dance partner from the dance studio to the date, since he himself is not really in the mood to meet somebody new.

Minhyuk's friend, Hani arrives first.

"Sup, losers." She raises her hand to greet. They smile and greet her back.

"So, where's Miss Joo Lena?" Hani asks.

Hyungwon looks at Hani, then at Minhyuk. Minhyuk shrugs, "What?"

Just then, Lena arrives.

"Oh, there's Lena." Minhyuk points. Hyungwon turns around and sees Lena walking in. He raises his hand and wave to her. Lena sees Hyungwon and smiles. She jogs towards the three.

"Hey, guys. Am I late?" She asks.

"Yeah."

"Nope." Hyungwon gives a look at Minhyuk.

Minhyuk chuckles. "I'm just joking."

"Alright. Cool," Lena beams. "Hi, I'm Joo Lena," she holds her hand out at Hani.

Hani smiles and shakes hand with Lena, "Lee Hani."

"Um, okay. So, are we gonna stand here all day?" Minhyuk asks. Hyungwon and Lena look at each other.

"Let's go in." Hyungwon says.

All of them walk in Lotte World. While Minhyuk and Hani walk in front, Hyungwon and Lena follow them at the back.

"Wah, it's been a while." Lena smiles.

"Lena-yah..." Hyungwon calls.

"Hmm?" She looks at Hyungwon.

"Thanks for coming today." He lets out a small, shy smile. Lena giggles.

"It's my pleasure." She says. "Plus, I've been wanting to visit here before our exam comes," she sighs, "You know, to release some stress." She lifts her shoulders. Hyungwon nods with a smile.

"I understand," he says. "Well, tell me if you ever wanna come by again, we could come together-" Hyungwon pauses. He clears bashfully, "... Um, if you want to."

Lena did not realise Hyungwon's red cheeks and awkward tone, she beamingly says, "Ooh, I'd love to. That'll be nice." Hyungwon peers at Lena and soften.

You're really good at reminding me why I fall for you everyday.

The four of them did a lot of fun things and finally, it is time for dinner. Hani and Lena wait at the table while the boys went to buy the food.

"So, Hani.." Lena leans closer to Hani. "You like Minhyuk, huh?" Lena wiggles her eyebrows. Hani scoffs.

"Pft. More like we're doing this for Hyungwon's sake." She says. Lena's smile slowly fades and blinks.

"Huh?"

Hani realises what she just said and her eyes slightly dilated.

"What did you say?" Lena asks. Hani nervously chuckle.

"Uh, hahaha. Um, nothing. Yeah, I like Minhyuk. He's..." Hani pauses, "Um, nice..." she nods, but her expression shows as if it was more to convincing herself. She almost burst into laughter.

The boys come back with two trays of food and drinks.

They start to eat.

"Minhyuk, how did you meet Hani?" Lena suddenly asks, out of curiosity. Hyungwon chokes on his drink and starts coughing. Lena blinks as her head turns to him.

"Omona. Are you okay?" Lena asks as she pats Hyungwon's back as well as caressing it. Hyungwon coughs and nods.

"Uh, yeah. Wrong pipe." He smiles. He gulps and shoots a stare at Minhyuk and Hani. Lena chuckles and puts her hand back on her lap. Minhyuk looks at Hani.

"Uh, I met her at the, uh.. Han River. You know, I was dancing, then I saw her jogging. She, um..." He's having a hard time trying to find a lie. Just then, a hand claps Minhyuk's back.

"GOTCHA!"

"Ow!" Minhyuk wince as he slightly arch his back. He turns his head.

It is Shownu. Shownu points at Minhyuk and Hani.

"Yah, yah, yah! The two of you skip dance practise to come here?" Minhyuk, Hani and Hyungwon, all start to panic. Lena innocently blinks at the stranger in front of her.

"Shownu-ah..." Hani hiss. Shownu pinch the middle of his eyebrows.

"Wait, what's going on here? You said you were sick," Shownu points at Hani. He turns to Minhyuk, "And you said you had to attend something for your family." He pauses. "What the hell? Why the lies?"

Lena blinks to what she just heard.

"Wait a second," she suddenly interfers.

"Excuse me, how do you know these two?" Lena points to Minhyuk and Hani.

Shownu looks at Lena. "They're my main dancers in my team."

Lena furrows her eyebrows. "I thought you two just met," she points out. Shownu chuckles.

"Just met? These two know each other since they were in diapers." He says.

Hyungwon slaps his forehead. I'm doomed.

Minhyuk and Hani sighs. Lena lets out a nervous smile.

"Wait, wait, wait. I'm not getting this. What's going on here?" She asks as she looks at Minhyuk, then to Hani. She turns to Hyungwon.

"Did you know about this?"

Shownu looks at Hyungwon. "Of course, he does. He-"

"Okayy," Hani clamps a hand over Shownu's mouth, "I think that's enough for today. Um, we'll go now." Hani gets up and drags Shownu out. Minhyuk sighs and gets up after. He looks at Hyungwon.

"Good luck." Minhyuk then looks at Lena. "Sorry it had to go this way, Lena." He push the chair in and walks out. Lena turns to Hyungwon.

"What's going on, Chae Hyungwon?" She crosses her arms. Hyungwon gets up from his seat.

"Since we're done eating, let's go out first." He says. Lena says nothing and follows Hyungwon.

****

Hyungwon and Lena ride the bus together. She takes a seat beside the window and he sits next to her.

Hyungwon sighs. Lena waits for Hyungwon to speak. But he says nothing. She punches his arm, not too hard. "Don't play that game. Tell me what happened back there," she says.

"Ow. Okay okay okay." Hyungwon rubs his sore and sighs again. "Alright.The girl, Hani is actually a friend of ours from the dance studio. She goes to Hanlim High."

"So, you and Minhyuk do know her?" She asks. Hyungwon nods. "Continue."

"A couple of days ago, Minhyuk told me that a bunch of guys tried to ask you out on a date on Valentine's. And well, he suggested that I should do the same." Hyungwon says.

Lena pinches her eyebrows together. "What? Why would he suggest that? It's not like you like me or anything. Right?" She asks.

Hyungwon did not say anything. He looks down on his hands. Lena looks at Hyungwon.

"Wait. Are you saying that..." Lena could not continue. Hyungwon did not look up and nods.

Lena sits her back on the seat. "Okay, so let me get this straight. You set up the fake double date just in order to get me to go out with you?" She asks.

Hyungwon sighs, "You may hit me now." He shut his eyes. Lena looks at Hyungwon and bursts into laughter.

"You are so darn cute," Lena said. Hyungwon looks at Lena. He did not know what she meant by that. And she did not say anything else after that. Which left Hyungwon even more curious as to how she feels about him.

The two of them arrived infront of Lena's house.

The two of them are silent and nobody dare to speak. Then, they stand facing each other. "Um," Hyungwon rubs the back of his neck.

Lena takes a step closer to him and gets on her tip toes. She gives a kiss on his cheek. Hyungwon blinks at the contact. She looks at him in the eyes.

"I had a really fun time today. It sure is a memorable first date. Good night." Lena gives a warm smile and goes inside. Smiling widely enough, Hyungwon make his way home.

****

The next day, Hyungwon arrives at school. As he walks in, suddenly an arm wraps around his and his fingers are intertwine with someone else's. He looks to his side.

"So, when is our second date? I was thinking to bring you to my favorite coffee house. I love their cookies there. What do you think?" Lena asks. Hyungwon blinks down at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks. Hyungwon did not respond. "You know, I think I liked it better when you were bothering me. At least you talked. Your girlfriend is not amuse." She says and pout as she lets go of Hyungwon's hand.

"Hmph." She walks away and leaves him. Hyungwon looks at his girlfriend(?) walking away. And a smile spread across his face. He goes to the cafeteria before going straight to class.

Hyungwon arrives at his class and sees Lena speaking to her friends. A playful smile appears on his face and walk towards her and her friends. He snakes his arm around her waist. She slightly jump and looks to the side. Hyungwon plants a kiss on Lena's cheekbone. All of her friends, and including who are staring and/or just catch Hyungwon backhugging her, have their jaws drop.

"Coffee house it is." Hyungwon hands her the mango juice he bought just now. He lets go of her waist and goes to his seat with a satisfied smirk on his face.

Lena looks at Hyungwon as he walks to his seat. She looks back at her friends and meekly smile as she takes a sip of the juice her boyfriend bought for her.