Part 9.

Pet Dog

"This can't be," ShinB furiously mutters, scratching her hair violently. "This can't be," she mutters again. 

"Eunbi," Umji looks up at the bunk bed above her head and says, "people say that the moment you start denying is when you realise," she says with a smile. 

ShinB falls silent and her movements stop, stumped. "Umji," she says once her arms have dropped to the bed, "do you actually know what you're saying?"

"I may not know what's in your mind, but I know you're denying something with yourself," Umji seems confident when speaking, it irritates ShinB even more. 

The door opens and the two of them see Yuju entering. 

"Unnie, could you help me fill this up?" Umji reaches for the tumbler right beside her bed and hands it up to the girl at the door. 

Yuju confusedly takes it from Umji's hand. "It still has some water in it though?" she raises an eyebrow. 

"Could you fill it up, please?" Umji giggles. 

Yuju looks at the younger one for another moment, and says, "Okay."

Umji grins. "Gomawo unnie!"

When Yuju is out of sight, ShinB who has been soundlessly watching the whole time rolls her eyes and huffs, "Liar."

"What?" Umji laughs. 

"You said you don't know what's on my mind," ShinB replies sternly. 

"I said I may not know," Umji answers and laughs again. 

"So you know?" ShinB asks. 

"About your feelings for Yuju unnie?" Umji answers ShinB's question with another. "The whole world knew. Well apart from you and Yuju unnie. It was just a matter of time when you would find out," Umji states. 

ShinB's jaw drops. "What..." her lips are shaking nervously, "What are you s-saying?"

"Are you realising that you're in love yet?" Umji questions yet again. 

The room experiences a complete silence for a good three seconds, leaving ShinB in stupefaction with the inability to accept the fact, until the door opens and Yuju is back. 

"Here you go, Umji yah," she hands over the tumbler back to its owner. 

"Gomawo," Umji cheerfully retrieves it from Yuju.