Part 18.

Pet Dog

ShinB widens her eyes when their lips touch, stunned and frozen to react. She closes her eyes when she realises how soft Yuju's lips are, how her heart flutters when their lips are together, and how happy she feels such that her emotions tell her that she belongs nowhere else but with Yuju. 

Yuju's eyelids flutter open and she takes a step back, pulling out of the kiss. She looks down with her cheeks completely red, not noticing that ShinB's face is equally blushed. 

ShinB wipes off the remaining tears on her face and at the same time cools her face down with her icy cold fingers. 

"ShinB," Yuju softly and bashfully calls out, slowly raising her head. 

"Yeah?" ShinB looks at the older girl, curious. 

"Why did you not talk to me for so long?" Yuju cautiously asks.

ShinB rolls her eyes. "Is that all you've got to ask?"

"What?" Yuju is taken aback by the unexpected response. 

"Don't you have tons to ask me, or is it just me?" ShinB starts to speak with frustration. "Why did you not talk to me for so long? Why did you leave the house on me like that?" ShinB hurls the questions at Yuju, attacking her. Yuju squirms in fear for a little, shocked by her huge reaction. "Are you trying to run away from me? Do you hate me now?"

With the last sentence somehow the fright in Yuju disappears. "I could never hate you!" she cries out, and the situation falls silent. "In fact, I love you more than anyone in this world," she mutters, looking down. Her breath stops when she realises what she has just said. That's it, a voice tells her at the back of her head, you love her, it says. 

ShinB stays still for a long moment, shaken by Yuju's confession. Yuju timidly looks up to see the younger girl still frozen, afraid of what might come after. 

"Unnie, why did you kiss me?" ShinB finally speaks. 

Yuju's face drops to a frown. "Of all the things you could say..." she mumbles under her breath and turns away. As she does so, Nabi who has been seated on the ground this whole time stands up on her fours and starts walking ahead. Without hesitation, Yuju too, lets herself go along with the dog. 

ShinB's eyes widen and her jaw drops as the two leave her behind alone. "Unnie, what is this?" she screams and runs after the two of them. Yuju paces up her steps and so does the puppy. 

Yuju stops after a few minutes and turns around laughing, as ShinB runs over. ShinB bends down and pants. 

"Unnie, I hate you," ShinB whines amidst her panting. 

"Okay," Yuju coldly answers and begins walking off again. 

"Ani I didn't mean it!" ShinB runs over and holds onto Yuju by the arm. 

Yuju looks down at the shorter girl. Hiding the smile that's itching to reveal itself, Yuju plainly asks, "Do you have anything to say?"

"What do I have to say?" ShinB decides to play along. 

"Yahh, I admitted something very important to you," Yuju speaks while taking a step back in annoyance. 

ShinB lets her lips slowly creep to form a smile. "Nado saranghae, unnie yah."

Yuju finally releases the smile on her face. ShinB grins and steps nearer to the elder girl until she is once again in her arms.