Part 4.

Pet Dog

A few days later when the girls are allowed to be resting, ShinB and Yuju goes out to meet the relative and to get the puppy. They come home with many bags in hand, filled with all the necessities for the new friend the girls will be living with.

After everyone is done cooing and squealing over the adorable creature, ShinB and Yuju proceed to set things up.

"Just how much did you spend on all those?" Sowon's jaw drops at a number of goods the girls have brought home.

"About four hundred thousand?" Yuju slowly answers as she tries to recall.

"Ah unnie we didn't buy all these, we got some stuff from the relative too," ShinB adds, explaining. 

Yuju stands up and disappears into the bedroom before coming back out with a huge box in hand, saying, "Let's use this to store everything."

ShinB smiles, "Okay."

The two girls spend a long time, till late into the night, when the members have gradually gone off to sleep. ShinB finds it warm and nice to be with Yuju alone.

"Unnie, you're quite quiet aren't you?" ShinB giggles.

"I'm quiet?" Yuju looks up from the set of instructions to setting up the dog bed. 

ShinB does not answer but chuckles. 

Yuju ponders about ShinB's words. ShinB is one talkative girl, while she isn't. She doesn't think of herself as quiet either, but still, Yuju feels bad for having made the atmosphere feel awkward. While Yuju stares into blank air, ShinB moves over and places the puppy in Yuju's arms, "Let me do this unnie yah."

Yuju is reminded of how the younger loves fixing and making things and agrees.

"ShinB yah, have you thought of a name?" Yuju asks while seated on the floor with the tiny puppy in her arms.

ShinB turns up to face Yuju with realisation in her eyes. "No, I haven't... Have you?"

Yuju shakes her head. "I haven't either..."

"Can you come up with any? I'm not good at things like that," ShinB laughs a little while answering.

Yuju looks around while pondering. "Yuri?" she suddenly blurts out.

ShinB tilts her head, confused. "Why that?"

"Yuri guseul?" Yuju reasons why the name came to her mind. ShinB rolls her eyes and bursts into laughter.

"Nabi?" Yuju says next.

"Why," she rolls her eyes again, "because Navillera?" ShinB chuckles even harder.

"Yuna, Eunbi, Nabi," Yuju explains. ShinB falls silent. "You don't like it?" Yuju asks, worried.

ShinB shakes her head quietly. "I like it," she beams and looks straight into Yuju's eyes. She turns away and shifts her attention back to the dog bed, while muttering the name under her lips.

"Nabi," she smiles, it feels special. Just the two of us, she thinks. She feels her heart flutter from inside.