Part 8.

Pet Dog

The walk out is silent, and ShinB tries to steal glances at the older girl, wondering what to do about the awkward situation. She remembers that Yuju is one to be immersed in her own world, to be drowned by her own thoughts, but a little part of her is greedy and wants her attention for herself.

Yuju turns when she realises that ShinB's eyes are on her. Surprised, she asks, "Are you cold?"

ShinB blinks, stunned by Yuju's sudden speech. "Ani," she shakes her head before her lips creep into a small, bashful smile. "Unnie, are you cold?"

Yuju smiles, "No."

ShinB who has been having an arm around Yuju's this whole time suddenly slides her hand into Yuju's and grabs both the leash and Yuju's hand, holding them firmly.

Yuju lets their fingers intertwine and starts to feel her heart wildly thumping against her chest. She looks down and hides her face in her scarf, embarrassed.

"Unnie, do you think Nabi's cold?" ShinB asks next.

Yuju looks up and turns to ShinB. "I hope that is enough," she says as she glances back at the puppy, "I stuffed a heat pad into her clothing."

"Ah," ShinB smiles, thinking that Yuju's considerate heart has never failed her. "That's good unnie."

Yuju smiles knowing that her little effort is appreciated. 

ShinB's heart flutters looking at the smile on Yuju's face, and with that, she realises that Yuju is way more than just a group member to her. Yuju's not just a friend or unnie to her either, she discovers. The happiness that Yuju makes her feel, even when she is doing nothing, has always been unexplainable and now ShinB feels like she might know a reason to it. 

Really? she asks herself.

"This can't be," ShinB silently mutters. 

Yuju stops and turns to face her. "Did you say something?"

ShinB looks up, startled, and tries to smile. "No," she whispers.

Yuju smiles once again and ShinB's heart starts to beat violently. "Let's go home, ShinB yah," she says next.

With how her feelings respond to the way Yuju calls her name, ShinB's heart sinks as they tell her otherwise.