Part 15.

Pet Dog

The moment the girls reach the dorm, Yuju hurries her way in and rushes her daily routine every day they are home from work. After she is done, she goes back to the living room. She watches as ShinB enters the kitchen and silently gets Nabi's leash before placing on the puppy. 

She turns to look again, and ShinB is not yet out of the kitchen. Quietly, she carries the dog in her arms, takes her coat, slips her shoes on and is ready to go. 

"Unnie, you're going for a walk?" Umji sees her at the door and asks. 

"Yeah," she answers plainly. 

"Alone?" Umji asks again.

"Yeah," Yuju replies before closing the door behind her. She steps into the elevator and presses the button for the first floor. The wait in the lift is painful as Yuju's thoughts begin to confront her. Why am I doing this? she asks herself, Why am I escaping from her? 

When it reaches, she exits and walks out of the apartment complex. Heaving a sigh, she tries to shake her mind off the toxic thoughts and makes her way to the roadside. The streets in the night are peaceful, and Yuju gets to enjoy being alone for the first time in a while. 

She places the dog down on the ground and stands back up. When she takes a step, she realises that Nabi isn't moving at all and raises and eyebrow at the dog. 

"Nabi?" Yuju frowns in confusion. She sighs and squats down to look at Nabi in the face. "You don't want to walk?" 

The dog does not respond to her, but the grim expression on her face remains. 

"Mianhae, only umma wants to walk," she says guiltily. 

"Do you think umma is such a pabo?" she sighs and asks, unconsciously speaking her mind as she talks to the puppy. "I'm acting so weird these days I don't even know myself anymore," she releases a sigh of despair. "Your ShinB umma isn't talking to me, and I'm not talking to her either," she adds. 

"I'm so afraid, I don't even know what I'm afraid of," Yuju continues, "I just really want to be happy with ShinB again."

Her jaw drops when she realises what she has just said.

At the same time, Yuju realises that she's escaping from her feelings.