Part 7.

Pet Dog

As soon as Sowon opens the door, the girls start to hear a resounding barking from inside. ShinB pushes her way through, kicks her shoes off and runs into the home with an excited beam. "Nabi yah!" she loudly calls out and kneels before the puppy that delightedly pounces on her. 

Yuju is next to enter the house. With a smile, she watches the younger girl having fun with the dog, while removing her shoes and after that arranging ShinB's shoes as well.

"ShinB yah, don't leave your shoes lying around and expect Yuju to do it for you next time," Sowon shakes her head as she walks past her.

"It's okay, I like it when unnie helps me," ShinB replies before her attention immediately returns to playing with the puppy. "Did you miss us?" she giggles as she carries the puppy near to her face, not noticing the words that she has just said, nor the colour red that is starting to spread on Yuju's cheeks. 

"Yuju yah, you're too kind," Yerin says before laughing.

Yuju snaps out of her daze and laughs along for a short while, before her gaze returns to the lovely scene of ShinB and Nabi that never fails to make her heart flutter.

"Yuju ShinB, you should take her out for a walk," Eunha says next, and exchanges a glance with Yerin who does a discreet thumbs up gesture. Eunha smiles and winks in return.

"Should we?" ShinB asks, turning to Yuju.

"It's a her?" Umji asks and seats herself before the puppy before gently its fur.

"I thought so?" Eunha answers with a question. "The name sounds female," she then tries to explain.

"It's a her," Yuju nods and smiles. 

"Unnie, should we?" ShinB asks Yuju once more. 

"It's so late though," Yuju furrows her eyebrows and looks at the clock. "But I guess we should, instead of keeping her in this small place for such a long time," Yuju agrees anyway.

ShinB grins. It's just the two of us, she thinks. Just the thought about it makes her fluster. She sighs and takes her mind off the matter before starting to search for the leash.

"Wait, let me get my contacts out and get my glasses," Yuju shuffles her feet past the living room into the toilet. As she stands before the mirror, she notices the colour of the cheeks and is fazed. She places her cold hands on her cheeks and tries to cool them down, her eyes still glued to the mirror. After a long moment of standing frozen before her own reflection, Yuju is jutted back to reality when the light is suddenly switched off.

"Yahh!" she releases a small yelp in fright and turns to the door.

"Omo unnie, mianhae," she sees an apologetic Umji when the light is back on, "you were so silent I didn't know there was anyone in here."

Though she is still shaken, she tries to smile and shakes her head, "It's okay."

She turns back to the sink and switches the tap on to wash her hands. As she flicks them dry she sees ShinB walking towards the toilet through the mirror, who flashes puzzled looks at the former. 

"Unnie, you're still here?" ShinB asks, confused. "Why are you taking so long? Are you alright?" 

Yuju's heart softens at ShinB's last question, at the concern she is showing. "Ani, nothing's wrong," she laughs a little, before turning back to the mirror to remove her contact lenses. 

ShinB does not take her eyes off the older girl, still muddled about the situation. "Okay," she mutters and finally turns to walk away. 

As Yuju steps out of the toilet she is stunned to see ShinB right before her. "Ah can you not do that, I can't see clearly," she squints as she speaks.

"Your glasses, unnie," ShinB hands it up before Yuju's face. 

"Ah, gomawo," Yuju smiles and takes the pair of glasses from ShinB's hand.

"Should we get going?" ShinB asks with a smile.

Yuju's lips curve into yet another smile as she nods, "Let's go."