Gentleman

The Saltwater Room [HIATUS]

Himchan didn't hesitate to release his wings before he flies over to Zelo gripping his cloth before covering him in a protective manner. Zelo shivers in the fairy's arms and he shakes at the situation.

The Spirit prepares for another attack but Daehyun tackles him to the ground before he can get the chance. The two tumble on the ground and Daehyun straddles him easily.

"Y-your eyes, your purple eyes!" he sputters and the Spirit frowns at him, his hands reach for Daehyun's head but Yongguk quickly pins them down. Keeping him immobile.

"Daehyun?" Yongguk questions and he doesn't look like he's struggling to keep the moving Spirit in place, he was a Warrior and his strength couldn't be trifled with. The Spirit squirmed and kicked beneath him attempting to wriggle free.

", get off!" he yells and Daehyun keeps looking into his eyes. Those vivid royal purple eyes that had been haunting his dreams, Daehyun was absolutely mesmerized.

"Were you sent by the Spring King?" Himchan questions as he and Zelo approach, his wings are still showing, fluttering in a threatening manner as though he wasn't afraid to fight if he had to.

"I was but..." the Spirit's voice trails off as he takes a good look at the Child cowering in the cloth. His eyes widen and he seems to remember something, Zelo steps behind Himchan protectively.

"Your highness?" Zelo looks down at the Spirit curiously and he wonders if he knows him from somewhere. Daehyun and Yongguk both glance at Zelo in surprise, 

"Prince Junhong? You're alive?" Zelo steps back in surprise and he blinks furiously as he attempts to recall his visits to the Winter Gallows. Daehyun looks back down at the Spirit.

"You know me?" Zelo asks quietly and the sun is beating down on his clothed head. Zelo carefully moves to a shady area and the horses are lead to the side as well, 

"My name is Yoo Youngjae and I was taken in by the King of Spirits as a child, I work as his assassin. Your people visit us during the Solstice." Youngjae says and he's slightly out of breath with Daehyun straddling his lower stomach.

"We haven't heard from your people in so long." Youngjae whispers and the rest of the group is questioning whether he can be trusted or not, now that the fact that Zelo was a Prince was revealed it wasn't odd that the Spirit would know him.

"Two years. The Fairies attacked us two years ago, I don't know what's become of the Kingdom." Zelo answers and he glances at Yongguk who seems to be looking at him differently.

"And I'm assuming you're heading back home? I'll help you." Youngjae says and he frowns when the Elf, Warrior and Fairy all glare at him. He wiggles once more and stops when he feels the Elf's on his crotch.

"I could care less about the Spring King, they're all part of the ploy. You can keep a close watch on me, but you creatures of Light wouldn't know how close the Spirits and Children are." Youngjae's eyes glow as he speaks and Daehyun swallows hard.

"Yongguk hyung." Daehyun whispers and he gets off of Youngjae to lean over towards the Warrior. Himchan doesn't seem pleased at all and Zelo just seems confused.

"His eyes, they're from my dreams. Please, can we bring him with us?" Daehyun asks and Yongguk eyes the Spirit with narrowed vision but he knows that Daehyun's dreams are not to be taken lightly.

"Fine. He can stay. But he remains far from Zelo. We'll travel for another 2 hours before finding camp." Yongguk finalizes and they all get back onto their horses.

 

They travel in silence, with Youngjae and his horse Joko in the middle. He was slightly ahead so that the Warrior and Fairy could keep a close eye on him. Daehyun however was blantly staring.

"Stop looking at me!" Youngjae snaps as he claws his right hand, frost forming between his fingertips. Daehyun just leans on his hand and smiles like an idiot, he giggles and even Himchan glares at him.

"He's so dreamy." he sighs and Himchan feels bile rising in his throat. Youngjae knows the moment he unleashes his frost he'll be attacked by someone in the group so he tries his best not to.

"Stop talking like I'm not right here, Elf." Youngjae spits and he keeps his purple eyes on the road, a soft glow emitting from them and Daehyun assumes they glow when he's agitated or feeling something strong.

Daehyun keeps looking though, completely entranced by the Spirit's pale skin and rose lips. Youngjae's shiny black hair was so pretty, everything about him screamed beauty.

"Daehyun cut it out." Yongguk chides and even he is getting disturbed at the Elf's stare. The sun sets above them and they're covered in a soft blanket of moonlight, Zelo smiles and removes the cloth as he jumps into the sky.

"Our connection with the Kingdom suddenly died, no one knew why and no one replied to our messengers. The Kingdom isn't a place that can be reached without a Child so no one could see what's going on." Youngjae states as he watches Zelo moonbathe.

Zelo's gaze becomes wary and he feels sad, he looks at his own hands and he gently touches the shimmers of purple and blue etched into his pale skin. He was worried about his people.

"Zelo, we'll stop here for tonight. Float nearby okay?" Yongguk calls out to him as the horses are guided to a small open meadow covered by trees. Zelo hums in response and he follows.

"You let him fly around freely like that, what if someone sees him?" Youngjae wonders aloud and Zelo blinks at him, the Spirit looks away from the beauty of the Child.

"That's his way of living, he's one with the air and the Moon. He stays covered all day, and he needs to rejuvenate." Himchan reasons and Yongguk is already setting up camp.

The Warrior keeps himself busy as he debates with himself mentally. Now that he knew what Zelo's real name was, was he allowed to call him by it? Would Zelo mind?

Yongguk approaches Daehyun and without saying another word he hugs him. Tightly. Daehyun squawks in confusion and flails around as Yongguk tries to hug off his nerves.

He decided he wouldn't call Zelo by his real name just yet.

 

Youngjae sits outside near the horses as the rest of the group sleeps in their tents. He has his own tent as well but they were still in the territory of the Islands and as a Winter Spirit it was making him weary.

Which explained the fact that he was sitting on a patch of grass that he'd frozen.

"You're not sleeping?" Youngjae turns his head and sees the blasted Elf smiling at him. He looks back at the sky clearly indicating that he didn't want to speak with him but Daehyun just sat down.

"I swear I will hurt you." the Spirit hisses and Daehyun laughs lightly, his green eyes shining in the moonlight. Youngjae tries not to get lost in his puppy like grin.

"If you do you'll be starting a war with the Elves. They wouldn't appreciate their Prince being injured." Daehyun says with a grin and Youngjae scoffs in disbelief. 

"The Queen is an Oracle is she not? She'd see it coming." Youngjae shoots back and Daehyun sighs dreamily, he really is taken with the Spirit for some reason. Youngjae touches the ground and keeps it cold before he speaks,

"What you said earlier... what about my eyes? All Spirits have purple eyes you know." Daehyun blinks at him and he closes his eyes, taking a deep breath as a breeze passes them by.

"I've seen your eyes in my dreams before. They've been haunting me. Unlike the others, your eyes are different, you know that right?" Daehyun says seriously and Youngjae remains quiet.

"That's a really lame pick up line you know." Daehyun bursts into laughter and Youngjae hopes he doesn't wake anyone up. Daehyun hits the ground and holds his stomach as he wheezes.

"You can believe what you want. My mother is an Oracle." he states and Youngjae chews the inside of his cheek. Silence falls over them and Youngjae decides to break it,

"Why is it an Elven Prince, a Fairy and a Warrior are helping a Child of the Moon?" he asks and Daehyun feels confused. 

"Why are you creatures of the Light helping him?" the term returns and Daehyun is reminded of when Youngjae had called them that earlier that day. Daehyun scoots closer and Youngjae moves away, his guard is up now.

"What do you mean?" he can't help but ask. He'd never heard the term used in a modern way before, they'd all simply been their own species after the olden times. Youngjae's purple eyes softly light up before dimming back down.

"You mean, you don't know what's going on?"

"... what?"

 

Gentleman - Mamamoo Ft. Esna

 

--------------------------------------

A/N

Would you look at that ;D

If anyone reads majority of my stuff you'll notice I did a lot of updates today

Did a birthday special type thing for y'all LOL

It's a lil short and scattered but meh

- Airi