Giants

The Saltwater Room [HIATUS]

As the night fell upon them Yongguk gently nudged the sleeping Child behind him. He felt that maybe Zelo could have a chance to stretch his legs and relax a little after being covered all day.

"Considering what happened earlier, Zelo will need some time to heal under the moon." Himchan informs him quietly and Yongguk raises an eyebrow at the foreign words. He nudges the teen once more and smiled unconsciously when deep blue eyes met his.

"We're stopping for the night, take some time to rest." Yongguk said quietly and they stopped at the edge of a lake. Himchan helped Zelo down from the horse and the teen stumbled into the Fairy.

"Tired..." Zelo mumbled and Himchan smiled at him before leading him towards the water. Yongguk let them do as they wished while he let the horses sit by the tree and he began working on a fire.

Himchan returned to him after a few minutes and when Yongguk glanced over at the lake he saw Zelo's pale skin shining in the moonlight, it was breathtaking and quite a magnificent sight.

"Does he do that often?" Yongguk asks as he pokes at the pile of sticks and grass he'd scavenged around for. Himchan glanced back at the Child and nodded as Zelo began floating up towards the sky.

"He likes to moonbathe as often as he can. He's quite fragile actually, and the only times he was able to in the Palace was when he was forced to entertain or when he snuck out." Himchan explains as Zelo's body hangs in the air, Yongguk lights the fire and it spreads evenly.

"The Summer Islands are about two days away. We should be able to get there quickly if we travel when day breaks." Yongguk says as he watches Zelo in awe. Himchan doesn't bother calling him out since the teen was quite the beauty.

"Why stop by the Islands when the Kingdom is on the other side of the land?" Himchan asks as he tosses more grass into the fire, watching it burn high as warmth flourishes over them. 

"I have a friend who can help us gather enough supplies to last through the journey, at least until we reach the Sun Civilization." Yongguk pulls out a worn map from his satchel and lays it on the ground.

"Passing through the Civilization will be the easiest route to the Kingdom." Yongguk runs his finger along the large plane of land to the floating island and Himchan nods at him.

"Himchan hyung." Zelo's voice brings their attention towards the lake and the teen is floating to them without his clothes on. Himchan instantly spreads his wings and flies to the Child.

"I'll dry you before you catch a cold." Himchan says softly as he calls the winds to dry Zelo's pale body. The Child shivers ever so slightly before he makes his way to the clothing he'd left on a branch nearby.

"Hey Yongguk, aren't you a General? Is it okay for you to be away from your Civilization?" Himchan asks as he settles back down near the fire, retracting his wings before Yongguk could look at them.

"I've already informed them of my absence, used up my vacation days." Yongguk laughed softly and Zelo hovered over them in order to sit beside Himchan and his robes lightly dusted over Yongguk's shoulder.

"We should probably stop by a small town on the way. Get some neutral clothing for the time being. Zelo stands out too much." Yongguk suggested and Himchan nodded, watching the teen yawn beside him.

"Sounds good, why don't you go to sleep Zelo? Under the tree." Himchan runs his fingers through the teen's white hair and he nods numbly, floating over to the base of the large tree before he drapes himself over ShiShi.

"Himchan, can I ask you something?" Yongguk rubs his hands in front of the fire and Himchan notes that the General has very beautiful hands, accompanied with slender fingers and clean nails.

"Sure, I'll answer depending on what it is." he replies with a smirk and Yongguk merely smiles at him after rolling his eyes. The gentle sound of the firewood crackling fills the air and Yongguk looks up at the moon.

"Are you a full Fairy?" Yongguk asks quietly and Himchan tenses up. Fairies did not usually look at he did, his hair was silver and so were his eyes, his wings were dragonfly like. No wonder Yongguk had been curious.

"My mother was a Winter Spirit, they speculate that is why I look different." Himchan answers, Yongguk nods and doesn't pry further. However, judging by what he knew of Spirits it couldn't be possible.

Spirits usually had black hair and deep violet eyes, some even had bright purple. Fairies had pink hair and bright green eyes, Yongguk couldn't see how Himchan's features came to be. But it was clear he didn't like talking about it so he didn't say anything else.

"We should turn in, it'll be dawn in a few hours." Yongguk says to Himchan and the latter nods, eyes staring at the embers and flames as he gently lays down on the cold ground.

"Good night Yongguk." Himchan says to the Warrior and Yongguk hums in response, curling up against nothing as he dreams of the moon and stars.

 

"We can stop by here for a bit." Yongguk says as they approach a small town nearing the border between the Fields and the Islands. Zelo had been asleep the whole time, his body covered by Yongguk's outer clothing.

"I'll stop by the shop to get some clothes and a blanket to cover Zelo. Mind getting some fruits from the stand over there?" Himchan asks as he jumps off of his horse, pulling his hood down further to cover his hair.

"Alright, I'll meet you back here." Yongguk gets off as well, guiding the two horses over towards the small fruit stand sitting in the sun. He had made sure to keep Zelo secure on the horse since the teen didn't have anyone to lean on.

"May I have some apples and pears please?" Yongguk asked as they reached the vendor, the old woman smiled kindly at the Warrior and received his bells before handing him a sufficient amount for what he had paid for.

"Yongguk-ah, let's get going." Himchan's voice made Yongguk turn around and he looked at the other with a confused expression. Himchan looked uneasy and eager to leave, he didn't question the Fairy and got on his horse.

"We'll be at the Islands soon right? The King seems to be searching for Zelo, although not as vigourously as I thought he'd be." Himchan explained once they were a safe distance from the town.

"Oh we won't have to worry about the King once we're on the Islands." Yongguk waves his hand nonchalantly and Zelo murmurs something behind him before snuggling closer.

"How can you say that? The Fairy King is extremely persuasive you know, you're merely a General from the Sun Civilization." Himchan sighs and Yongguk's grins inwardly.

The sun began to set on them and sooner than later Zelo woke up. He popped his head out from beneath the covers and was happy to see that the sky was a purple colour.

"Good morning sleepy head." Himchan greets him and Zelo simply smiles before he floats into the air, flying idly beside ShiShi as he stretches before he sets himself back down on the horse.

"Zelo sleeps a lot huh, isn't that unhealthy?" Yongguk asks no one in particular as he passes the teen an apple. Zelo munches on it happily clearly showing no interest in answering the Warrior's question.

"He feels tired in the sunlight. He's usually not exposed to it, it might have something to do with being a Moon Child. I don't know much about them and neither does Ju-Zelo." Zelo looks at the world around him and he takes a deep breath.

"We're nearing the ocean." he says quietly before he ascends into the air. The wind blows through his white hair and he ties it up lazily with a ribbon, he has to ask Himchan about cutting it now that he had no reason to keep it long.

They follow the teen until he lands on the grass with elegance. Past the clearing in the trees is none other than the shoreline itself, there was a small pier with no boat in sight however the Summer Islands were visible from here.

And how are we going to get across the ocean?" Himchan can't help but sound a little snippy. Yongguk smirks and he walks past Zelo who's admiring the sight in front of him.

As Yongguk approaches the pier the water begins to ripple and a merman jumps out of the water, twisting his body as he falls back into the water. Zelo's jaw drops in awe and Himchan hurries off of his horse.

"Yah, do you really have to show off?" Yongguk asks the waves with a low laugh and the other two are evidently confused. A person emerges from beneath the ocean with a smug smile and he hops onto the pier.

Zelo looks over his features with curiosity, the person had pointed ears like his own and his skin was as sun kissed as Yongguk's was. He had sandy blonde hair and green eyes, his lips were plump and his canines evident as he grinned playfully.

"It's been awhile since I've had an audience." the person speaks and Zelo can only assume he's a Summer Elf, judging by how he looks and where he currently is. The Elf's scales begin retracting and his muscular legs can be seen, luckily there's a cloth tied tightly around his waist.

"Welcome to the Summer Islands, my name is Jung Daehyun and I am the Prince of the Elves."

 

Giants - Iselin Solheim

 

-----------------------------------------

A/N

Ye I don't know why this took so long LOL

Well here it is xD not that great but oh well

Daehyun's been introduced~ he's a Summer Elf :D

I feel like y'all will be able to guess what Youngjae and Jongup are

Hopefully I'll see y'all soon ^^ 

- Airi