To See The Light

The Saltwater Room [HIATUS]

With a small amount of payment and numerous stealth moments, Yongguk managed to arrive to the Moon Child's room. Although the other servants had called it more of a cell, Yongguk noticed that it wasn't exactly in the dungeons.

However, he realized that the area surrounding the Moon Child was completely barren. Empty. Not a single worker could be seen and it was strange considering the guest wing was so lively.

Yongguk holds his breath and he knocks on the door, it was common courtest after all. He clenched his fist tightly and shifted on his feet, unsure of what he was waiting for.

"Come in." a small voice sounded from the other side of the wood and Yongguk cautiously opened it. He instantly saw the Moon Child and he tried not to trip over his own feet.

Yongguk closed the door behind him and he could see the Moon Child stood in front of the closed curtains. He tilted his head curiously and walked over to his bed, his footsteps were light and it looked like he was floating.

"I just wanted a few minutes of your time to speak with you, is that alright?" Yongguk asks and the Child's gaze is suspicious, but he nods gesturing to the chair near the bed.

Yongguk strides across the room and he tries to ignore the pale expansion of skin that is revealed when the Child holds his knees to his chest, his sheer robes revealing his plump thigh.

"My name is Bang Yongguk, 22 years, and I am a Sun Warrior of the Sun Civilization." Yongguk introduces himself and the Moon Child holds a curious look in his beautiful blue eyes.

"And why do you visit me today General? If I'm not mistaken, it's forbidden to visit me. Why go out of your way?" the Moon Child inquires and Yongguk's eyes widen, so he knew he was being imprisoned. It'd be foolish if he didn't though.

"May I know your name?" Yongguk asks instead and the Child seems taken aback by his question. But it was common courtesy to know the name of whom he was speaking to was it not?

"My name is Zelo, 19 years, and I am from the Moon Kingdom." Zelo introduces himself and Yongguk smiles at him. Yongguk takes a moment to admire how different they were. They did come from opposite lands after all.

Zelo was fair in complextion and his skin carried purple and blue shimmers in some areas. His hair was a pure white and his eyes were a deep blue, his ears were pointed and he was dressed in sheer blue robes that flowed off of his body. Yongguk wondered whether it was from the Moon Kindom or tailored by the Fairies.

Yongguk on the other hand was kissed by the sun and he was a deep bronze. His hair was a simple brown and his eyes were golden, his ears were rounded and he was dressed in his garments he'd brought from home. His clothes were an array of mustard yellow, browns and reds.

"What brings you so far from home Zelo?" Yongguk inquires and the teen tenses for a moment. He had a number of theories on his mind but he wanted to know for sure, so he could confirm whether he wished to act or not.

"I was brought here 2 years ago when the Fairies attacked." Zelo answered as he looked at Yongguk, the elder could swear he saw a silver speckle dancing around in Zelo's irises.

"Are you speaking the truth?" Zelo's expression doesn't change and a playful smile spreads across his lips. He floats off of the bed and lands in the middle of the room, his toes inches from the ground.

"What brings you here, Warrior?" Zelo tilts his head and the air around him seems to belong completely to him, his robes fluttering in the air around him even though not a draft of wind had entered.

"Tell me Zelo, do you want to go home?" the question seems to catch Zelo off guard and he remains silent for a moment. Yongguk is completely immersed in the Child.

He's never met a Moon Child before and they are so mysterious. Or maybe it was just Zelo. They were also very beautiful, almost as beautiful as a mixture between the Spirits and the Fairies, whom are said to be the most gorgeous species.

"Are you sure you want to be involved with me Warrior? I bring nothing but disaster." it was supposed to sound threatening yet, it sounded insecure. Yongguk wasn't sure what to make of Zelo's tone.

"I believe that no one should live in a cage Zelo." the Child seems pleased by his answer because he returns to the bed, landing lightly as he returns to his previous sitting position.

"You're interesting Warrior." Zelo grins at him and a dimple forms in his cheek. Yongguk tries to keep his heart stable at the adorable sight in front of him. He clears his throat,

"I'll be here for another 2 nights at most. Dawn would be the best time to travel." Yongguk purses his lips as he looks up to the ceiling. Zelo shifts ever so slightly and he looks uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry, I'm unable to travel under sunlight." he says quietly as he shakes his head. Yongguk opens his mouth to ask but the look in Zelo's eyes tells him not to. 

Zelo clenches his fist as a flurry of thoughts run through his head and he calms himself down. Even if he didn't trust Yongguk, he'd do all that he could in order to escape.

 

As Yongguk exits the room he sees a person stood beside the doorway and he jumps in surprise. The man chuckles at him and when Yongguk looks over his features, he's no doubt Fairy-like.

"You're unusual for your kind." Yongguk blurts out unintentionally, and he regrets it instantly when the Fairy frowns at him. But the expression turns into a sigh and he shakes his head.

"I am aware of that thank you. It's the reason why I'm the only person that serves Zelo." the Fairy reveals and Yongguk blinks at him, glancing around the hallways.

"My name is Himchan, and I want you to take me with you." Himchan says in a demanding voice and Yongguk blinks at him once more. The Fairy rolls his eyes and places his hands on his hips.

"When I heard you were a General I thought you'd be a little smarter." he chides bluntly and Yongguk's jaw drops, he presses his hand against his chest like he's offended but Himchan merely rolls his eyes.

"Tell me one reason why I should listen to you." Yongguk sighs and he puts back on his professional act. Himchan his lips as he thinks and his silver eyes twinkle.

"I've cared for that Child for many years and I refuse to let anything happen to him." he answers and Yongguk looks at him. His mouth slowly morphs into a smile and he nods.

"I understand, you can come with us." he says simply and Himchan is shocked at how easy going he was. He was expecting a fight or an argument, maybe this man's only intention was to save Zelo after all.

"I should go now, before the other Warriors realize that I'm gone." he chuckles in a deep but soft voice and Himchan smiles at him, nodding at the man to tell him it was alright to leave.

"Hey Himchan," Yongguk turns around one last time before he makes his way down the hallway and Himchan freezes before he opens Zelo's bedroom door. He raises and eyebrow and Yongguk shuffles on his feet.

"Why can't Zelo travel under the sunlight. I don't know much about Moon Children but I've never heard of that before." Yongguk's tone is concerned as well as curious. Himchan looks down to the ground before looking into the Warrior's golden eyes.

"If Zelo is under the Sun for too long, he will begin to fade and eventually he will disappear."

 

To See The Light - Mree

 

------------------------------------------

A/N

I finished all my exams :D now I'm free. I also have to wait before joining my new program so I'm practically out of school till September xD unless I take some courses and stuff. And I gotta find a job again and blah blah blah

But yes, it's a short chapter but I wrote the first scene as long as I could've

Not gonna lie, I love the interaction between Jun and Yongguk so much in the first scene LOL

Thank you to my commenters, readers, voters and subscribers~ I'll try and update Can You Hear Me soon ^^ as well as Undo

Please comment~ this part may seem a lil fast but the real story begins when they're out of the Spring Fields aha

- Airi

P.S. I drew some inspiration from Avatar The Last Airbender btw ^^ not gonna lie about that, I'm also having some Last Guardian and Kingdom Hearts vibes in my head for some reason LOL