History of Silence

The Saltwater Room [HIATUS]

An awkward silence fell over them relatively quickly considering the Elf was blantly staring at the Child like he was the strangest thing on earth. Yongguk had debated whether he should stop him but Daehyun was stubborn and strange.

"I wasn't aware that there was a King or Queen on the Islands." Himchan states honestly and Daehyun turns his attention over to the odd looking Fairy, his smile is still wide and playful.

"Oh there is, but we Elves like to keep to ourselves. Hence why we hide in the ocean surrounding the Islands." Daehyun sounds as though he's speaking riddles and Zelo can't understand him.

"We don't get involved with the mainlands, the Sun Warriors are our only trade partners." Daehyun says honestly and Himchan nods in response, he hadn't actually learnt much about the Islands when he was in school. 

"So why are you here?" Himchan blurts out and Yongguk glances at him warily, as though Himchan had conveniently forgotten everything they'd talked about on the way here.

Zelo yawned and he jumped into the air to wake himself up, he hovered for only a few seconds before setting his feet back on the ground. He was still glowing under the Moon and it was quite distracting.

"Daehyun and I grew up together, the Sun Civilization often visits the Summer Islands to celebrate the Summer Solstice." Yongguk begins explaining and the Elf gets dressed in some clothes he left nearby the pier.

"When I left the Fields I sent him a letter indicating that I'd need some supplies, so here he is." Himchan eyes the Prince skeptically simply because that's who he was. No one was expecting Zelo to speak up though.

"We celebrated the Solstice as well. The Winter Solstice. We'd all leave the Kingdom to enter the Gallows and we'd celebrate with the Winter Spirits." Zelo said quietly, staring at the ripples in the water.

"The Kingdom is in the sky, so we'd go down to the Gallows and sit by the ocean to spend time with our Mother." Zelo's deep blye eyes trailed to the Moon and Yongguk could swear his birthmarks glistened.

"That reminds me, Daehyun, we're taking Zelo home. So we'll need some long term supplies, I won't be able to linger in the Civilization for long or they'll force me back into work." Yongguk says to the Elf who's watching Zelo with an unreadable expression.

"Can I come?" Daehyun turns to Yongguk with his shining green eyes and the Warrior steps back in surprise and discomfort. But the Elf advances on him, a happy smile on his face.

"Please? I'm so bored here, and I've been seeing a pair of purple eyes in my dreams." Daehyun immediately pouts and he leans on the Warrior's shoulder. Yongguk can only sigh and he doesn't know what to say.

"You're a Prince aren't you? Shouldn't you be thinking about your position? Plus, we won't be crossing the Gallows." Himchan points out, only Spirits were known to have purple eyes.

"I'm second in line anyways, no one really pays attention to me. I'm out here on my own am I not?" Daehyun retorts with a smirk and Himchan narrows his eyes at the Elf, he could already tell they were going to get along.

"But we should head back to the Palace, all of the supplies are there after all." Daehyun faces the ocean and he dives into the water without hesitation. Yongguk sighs once more and Daehyun emerges with a small boat.

"It's not a far swim but it's exhausting and I assume you'd like to keep your stuff dry. Yongguk hyung and the Fairy can ride in the boat, Child you can fly alongside me." Daehyun gestures to the boat and Himchan frowns.

"It's Himchan and Zelo to you, Elf." he spits and Daehyun raises an eyebrow in amusement. Zelo immediately takes to the air and he lets his fingertips brush the water,

"I haven't flown over the Ocean in so long." he murmurs softly to himself and the others look at him fondly. Daehyun swims towards him and he twists and turns in the water, his tail having cramped.

"Yongguk hyung, you remember where the Palace is yes?" Daehyun inquires as he makes sure the Child is following him properly, it's fascinating to see someone flying he thinks to himself.

"Lead the way Daehyun, I can't see well in the dark." Yongguk's voice is easy to hear over the calm waves and the Elf nods, keeping his pace slow so that no one gets lost along the way.

Zelo let's his eyes travel over the number of small islands he can see, they seem to be connected with boarded walkways. The houses resemble huts and there are loads of small boats and nets around.

"We're a fishing industry? I'm not sure what to call it, but we spend a lot of time in and on the water." Daehyun says to the Child who can't hide his curiosity. Zelo nods and he can see a grand looking building in the near distance.

"Almost home." Daehyun mumbles under his breath and if it weren't for the fact that the winds were sparce, Zelo wouldn't have heard him. There was something intriguing about the Elf's green eyes and playful smile.

"Prince Daehyun! Why didn't you inform someone of your absence? The Queen has been worried sick." an attendant says as soon as they arrive at the entrance. The Elf has the same blonde hair and green eyes, but unlike Daehyun's bright pair, his were dull.

"She sees everything does she not? She knows where I've gone to. Request an audience, I'd like to speak with her. Inform her of the guests." Daehyun's voice is full of authourity and the servant marches off as soon as he's been ordered. 

"So he really is a Prince." Himchan whispers to Yongguk who only shushes him. They follow Daehyun into the Summer Palace and it truly is the definition of Summer.

The colour scheme is a sandy white along with blues and greens, it was tropical and lined with cabana type furniture. Nonetheless it was fit for a royal family to be living in. Zelo unconsciously pulled his hood over his head to cover himself.

"My mother is an Oracle. My father may be King but she runs the Islands. She's a powerful woman." Daehyun says to them and Yongguk purses his lips, it'd been a long since he met the Queen.

"The Queen will see you now, your highness." the servant from before seemed to have appeared out of nowhere and Daehyun nods at him curtly before making his way towards what Zelo assumes is the throne room.

Daehyun opens the doors without hesitation and the others follow him, trying their best to appear appropiate for an audience with the Queen of the Elves. They cross the large hall and make their way towards the Queen.

"Daehyun, you seem to love doing what I tell you not to." the Queen says after a moment of silence and Zelo's breath gets lodged in his throat as her jade coloured eyes look over each and every one of them.

"You see everything I do anyways Mother." Daehyun reminds her and the tension is high. Zelo blinks at the floor, not wanting the Queen to see his white hair and blue eyes.

"Yongguk, it's been awhile. Have you been well?" the Queen turns her attention to the General as though her son's words did not affect her in the slighest. Yongguk bows at her respectfully.

"Yes I have been, the Civilization is in a state of planning as of late." Yongguk replies and her reddened lips tighten into a small smile as she glances at the Fairy and Child in front of her.

"Daehyun, the answer is no." her statement is sudden and out of place but judging by the way the Elven Prince pouts and stomps his foot they assumed she rejected his want of travelling with them.

"But Mom! I don't do anything here anyways! Baekhyun hyung does everything." Daehyun suddenly sounds like himself again and Zelo is utterly confused at the change in persona.

"Yes but Daehyun I've seen your journey and you only add to the burdens of these 3." the Queen states with a sigh and Zelo flinches when a random gust of wind blows off his hood.

"No need to hide yourself Child. You are safe here." the Queen's voice is gentle and her smile is kind, Zelo breathes heavily and he doesn't know where to look. 

"Am I not safe?" he asks quietly and the question runs through all of them. Daehyun's mother stands from her throne and she steps down the carpeted walkway to them.

"The Fairies are chasing you no? Daehyun. show them to rooms for the night. I'll ask the servants to prepare proper supplies for their journey. You are to stay here." she shoots her youngest son a look and Yongguk glances at his friend with a worried expression.

"Okay. Come with me guys." Himchan is shocked that Daehyun gives up so easily, he'd expected the Prince to be a little more obnoxious about the whole ordeal. Daehyun leads them to the door and he coughs loudly,

"Well it seems as though my dreams of purple eyes will forever be a mystery!" he yells obviously and Himchan can swear he sees the Queen roll her eyes. Daehyun sighs but he still has a smile on his lips.

"Goodnight everyone."

 

"Make sure you take THIS path, alright?" Daehyun points at the map in Yongguk's hands persistently. He'd insisted on seeing them off since his mother had forbade him from travelling with them.

"Okay Daehyun I get it. Thank you for everything." Yongguk smiles at the Elf and Daehyun waves off his gratitude nonchalantly to the Warrior's displeasure. Zelo was already huddled under a nice cloak that the Queen had given him.

"THIS path okay? No other one is as safe." Daehyun emphasizes and Himchan rolls his eyes. The Elven Prince had been talking about the path all morning, according to him it was the quickest way to the Civilization.

"Thank you Daehyun hyung." Zelo's voice comes muffled under his cloak but he knows Daehyun is smiling at him, as brightly as the Summer Prince could underneath his element of the Sun.

"I hope things work out for you Zelo, no one knows much about the Moon Kingdom but I'm sure things will be okay." Daehyun's reassurance feels empty in Zelo's heart but he accepts it thankfully.

Not too long after, the three are back on the road. They'd been escorted to the mainland by a group Elves and they returned to their horses easily, Daehyun had requested his servants to tend to them overnight.

"Have you been through this path before?" Himchan breaks the silence as they venture through tall trees. Zelo on the other hand is playing with the Sun, sticking his fingers into the sunlight curiously before drawing them back in fear.

"I usually take a different path to be honest, but Daehyun knows a lot of about this kind of stuff so it doesn't hurt to trust him." Yongguk glances at the map and he frowns when he hears a branch snapping to his left.

"Of course you should trust me, I'm amazing." a familiar voice says from the trees above and Yongguk immediately groans when a certain Prince drops down from the trees. However he loses his footing and ends up falling.

"Well let's continue on." Himchan is already heading forward and Daehyun chases after them, considering the pace their going at it doesn't take long before Daehyun is hopping on the Fairy's horse.

"What are you doing here Daehyun? Your mother said no." Himchan glares at the Elf who only smiles at him. He scoffs and swings his legs, looking at Zelo's huddled figure.

"She knew I was going to disobey her. She's an Oracle. But she didn't stop me so I assumed, why not just leave?" Daehyun laughs loudly and Himchan tightens his grasp on the reigns.

"Zelo, have you ever heard about a boy who disappeared under the Sun?"

 

History of Silence - NELL

 

------------------------------------

A/N

I wish this story would get more love over Le Noir LOL

I like this one much more xD then again I'm a er for fantasy

Dae's character is a lot of fun, so look forward to him. He's a little strange tho, I hope y'all caught onto that

I don't have much to say tbh xD LOL 

- Airi

P.S. Please comment, the last chapter legit got nothing aha. 

Also, thank you so much to Lay_Lo for spending the time to draw this wonderful artwork ;A; I'm so sorry I forgot to say this last chapter otl. Thank you again <3 I might do a sketch on what each of the species look like depending on my time xD I'm not exactly an artist either LOL