Dinosaur

The Saltwater Room [HIATUS]

Zelo feels uneasy in the Ghost's home. He feels bare and uncomfortable, the feeling only intensified when those black eyes stared into his own. He could tell that the Prophet was reading him, or maybe he'd already been read before he stepped inside.

The others take their seats at the dining table with closed mouths and wary eyes. The Prophet has a never ending smile on his face and Zelo wonders just how much he can see with those dark orbs of his.

"Unlike the other Ghosts I do not have the power of possession. Also, my eyes are black as supposed to the bleak white of many living in the Cavern." Jongup begins and Zelo can't compare him to any others because he's never met any.

Youngjae swallows and the Child flickers a glance towards him, had he not said that he knew of a Prophet that could help them? Was this not the Ghost? Jongup seems to read his worry and he looks at him.

"Prophet is not a title I've given myself. It is given by those who visit me, those who seek counsel." he explains and Yongguk frowns. Daehyun hasn't said a single word and Himchan doesn't seem to be interested for some reason.

"Also, I do not speak of gods or what not. I merely understand the Earth and the species living upon it." the Ghost turns his head to look at Zelo and he grimaces as though he's eaten something bad. He then looks at the Warrior and smiles.

"You seem to have an odd fate upon you, Warrior." Jongup says to no one in particular, he speaks to the air almost, laughing as though he's talking to voices only he can hear. Yongguk stiffens in his seat,

"Fate is so cruel to us all." he says under his breath and that a chord within each of them. Youngjae then folds his hands and places them on the table before leaning in towards the Ghost.

"Jongup, I'd like to ask for your assistance." the Spirit keeps unconsciously looks at Daehyun who seems surprised at the sudden attention, he clears his throat and looks at the Prophet.

"To guide the Prince back to his Kingdom?" Jongup takes a sip of his tea and Zelo was reminded of his own. He picks up his cup and hesitantly inhales the aroma before placing it to his lips. 

The subtle taste of mint and deep leaves fill his mouth and he almost wants to spit it out because it tastes vaguely like peppermint with wood and other things found on the ground. Jongup laughs at his reaction.

"Sure why not? Sounds like fun." he agrees lightly and the rest of them try to hide their relief. Although Jongup had been quite vague of what he was truly capable of he had a certain air around him.

"We'll need to head through my Civilization, we can reach the Gallows that way as well." the Warrior says with a clenced jaw. The Ghost's nonchalant warning doesn't sit well in his stomach, it makes him uneasy.

"You shouldn't." Jongup says to him simply and Yongguk glares at him. He doesn't appreciate being told what to do, not when he is a General. The Ghost says nothing more which urks the Warrior even more.

"You can all stay the night. I'm sure you want to get yourselves clean and enjoy a warm bed for once. The Cavern is not kind to anyone in the dark, not when Ghosts lurk in the shadows searching for their prey. We'll depart in the morning." Jongup stands and he collects their tea cups on a tray, aside from Zelo's they were all untouched.

"You can divide the two rooms amongst yourselves. One of you will have to sleep in my room though I'm afraid." Jongup doesn't sound apologetic in the slightest and the group stands together while the host cleans the dishes.

"Yongguk, Junhong will stay with you. You're of the Sun, the dark fears you. I'll stay with the Prophet." Himchan finalizes and Youngjae's jaw drops at the prospect of being left with the Elf in a closed room.

"Are you sure Himchan?" Zelo whispers as he throws a quick look at the Ghost who's back is turned to them. Himchan shrugs and he runs his hands through his silver locks. Daehyun instantly steps closer to the Spirit who tries to back away but ends up hitting his hip against the dining room table.

"Daehyun behave." Yongguk warns him. Jongup approaches them and Zelo swears that he's floating, he shakes his head and unconsciously holds onto the Warrior's sleeve as though it'll bring him some kind of comfort. It does.

"We should all rest now. It'll be a long day tomorrow, the Spring Fields will not be an easy feat." Jongup's voice is quiet as he takes the candle that was sitting on the dining room table. He leads them up the stairs of the small home and the steps creak beneath their feet.

Whispers of goodnight are exchanged between them all as they all part into their own rooms for the night. 

 

Yongguk closes the door behind him and when he takes the chance to look around the room he sees how oddly cozy it is. Like the rest of the house, it's very blatantly a cabin room, with a small bed in the corner and a dresser to the side. 

Zelo had already sat himself down on the edge of the bed and he crosses his legs as he peers at the thin stream of moonlight peeking through the curtains. He points to the window and looks at the Warrior with his mismatched eyes.

"May I open it?" his fingers dance in the air as he hovers it in front of the fabric. Yongguk nods for now and makes a mental note to close it later when the Child falls asleep, he doesn't want to risk the sunlight fading Zelo when they're asleep.

Without hesitating he pulls the curtains open and a flurry of dust flies into the air. The Warrior falls into a silence as the moonlight embraces the Child in a comforting glow. However as he continues to stare he notices something different.

Whenever the moon fell upon him he held another air around him, but for some reason as of now it seems as though Zelo is being consumed by the light. His body seems almost see through, as though he holds only a bout of empty air inside of him.

"It's time to sleep Zelo." Yongguk rushes over to the window and he roughly pulls the curtains shut. The Child backs away in confusion but he nods and lies down, waiting for the Warrior to lay beside him.

Zelo leans in close and he curls his body against Yongguk's, seeking his warmth.

 

"We don't have to share a room if you don't want to. I can sleep on the floor or on a horse, maybe that bench outside will work too." Daehyun rambles and confident nature shrinks when he's alone with the Spirit.

"I thought you'd be more excited about this Elf." Youngjae punches the bedding for no reason before he removes his shoes and finds a comfy spot on the lumpy mattress. He'd leave the other side for Daehyun.

"You seem to dislike it too much. I wouldn't want to make you upset." Daehyun pouts as he looks down at the floor, he scratches behind his pointed ears and his green eyes suddenly seem so mesmerizing to Youngjae.

"Come. I promise I won't hurt you." he says with a small smile, Daehyun takes one look at that gentle expression and his whole world turns upside down. Youngjae tilts his head and grins,

"Hurry now. It's getting late." the Elf takes another moment to just stare and blink. Youngjae's lips press tightly together and his smile is immediately replaced with his usual scowl. 

"Ahh that's much better." Daehyun laughs at the familiarity and he prances closer. Youngjae rolls his eyes and he settles near the wall when Daehyun lays down beside him, they both share the blanket and the Spirit freezes when he sees those emerald eyes looking into his own.

"I almost fell for you just now. Don't play with my heart like that." the Elf says with a smile but Youngjae knows that those words run deeper than they appear. Daehyun shifts and faces the other direction, unknowing of the sad purple eyes looking at him.

 

"You may take the bed." Jongup points to the mentioned object that sits in the middle of the room and Himchan sputters at the hospitality. He shakes his head and backs up near the door.

"No that's alright. It's your bed, you should sleep in it." he insists and the air falls cold when Jongup looks at him. An eerie silence surrounds them and Himchan feels vulnerable, he takes a deep breath and shakes his head.

"I actually don't sleep. So I'll be doing other things to prepare for the trip." Jongup smiles and Himchan comes to think that without his blackened eyes he would have an adorable smile. The Ghost brushes back his blue hair and gestures tot he bed.

"This trip will be tiring to us all. I just wonder when you'll fulfill your purpose, Himchan." the Fairy spins in surprise and Jongup rummages through his dresser, he swallows hard and waits for him to continue.

"I see through you. You are not merely a Fairy and your purpose lies with the Prince and the Warrior." Himchan clenches his fists and wants to protest but when Jongup has already left the room. He is not sure when and how but the Ghost is gone, leaving him alone.

The Fairy crumbles on the bed and he looks at his reflection in the mirror across the room. His gaze trails over his silver hair and eyes, he covers himself in the blanket and cries himself to sleep.

 

Dinosaur - Akdong Musician (AKMU)

 

---------------------------

A/N

I didn't mean to leave this story for as long as I did

I've just been all over the place and with all the fest fics I'm doing I'm juggling a lot

Thank you for sticking with this fic, it's not going as well as I'd like but I have faith that it's not that bad either LOL

On a side note, if you haven't already please check out my fic Black Pearl, it's rated (just a lil warning) and it's almost at 500 subs so yeah, self promoting <3

Thank you ^^ please leave a comment~ I also updated another chaptered fic of mine some of you may be reading alongside this one

Le Noir also if y'all want the link to my kaisoo account here it is ~

- Airi