Not Alone

The Saltwater Room [HIATUS]

Zelo opens his eyes and he's met with a familiar sight that makes him feel sick inside. Every morning it was the same luxurious room yet a part of him hoped and prayed that maybe he'd wake up in his bedroom again.

He sits up and runs his fingers through his hair and he watches as it falls in waves over his shoulders. He wished that he could cut it but the Fairies had said they liked the way it looked. And he was simply a pawn in their hands.

He stepped off of the bed and he hovered for a moment before letting his feet touch the cold floor. Zelo walked over to the window and purposely avoided the strand of light painting the tiles.

Zelo carefully pulled the curtain shut, closing off the room from any kind of sunlight. He opened it again and curiously poked it with his finger before pulling away and he jumped into the air.

Zelo took a moment to lightly float around the room and he spun in the air, taking deep breaths to calm himself down. He couldn't stay in the air for long when he wasn't under the moonlight, but it was enough for him to feel comfortable.

It'd been about two years since he had been imprisoned in the Spring Fields by the fairies, he'd been 17 when they'd taken him. He was thankful they didn't keep him in a cell or mistreat him in any way. The only problem was on nights when he was called to Moonbathe.

"Zelo, are you awake?" a voice called from within the hallways and Zelo hummed in response, jumping over to the door as it opened. Himchan peeked in with a smile and he closed the door behind him.

"I see you're flightly this morning." he chuckles and brings the tray of breakfast he's holding further into the room. Zelo remains on the floor and he walks behind the elder, settling down to eat.

"Thank you Himchan hyung." Zelo smiles as he begins eating his meal. It's a simple dish of fruits. He lets the refreshing flavours burst on his tongue and although he eats fruits day and night, he doesn't get sick of them.

Zelo is a Moon Child, he's easy to spot due to his white hair and dark blue eyes. His skin is pale but his birthmarks are a blue and purple sheen. He's also tall and slender in stature. He could still remember the day that his Kingdom was attacked like it was yesterday.

Zelo is the Prince of the Moon Children, he didn't know his parents and he didn't know why he had his title. But he assumed it was due to his unique appearance. The Moon Children were usually platinum blonde but never white haired, and their eyes were pale in colour unlike Zelo's deep colour.

And unlike the others Zelo can't stay in the sunlight.

Himchan was none other than his "maid" having had tended to him since his arrival. He quickly became someone Zelo trusted and he'd never done anything to betray him. 

Himchan was like him in a sense, he was not like the other Spring Fairies. Himchan didn't have pink or purple hair, or bright green eyes. He had silver hair and grey eyes instead, and he was outcasted by his community.

The King took pity on him and let him work in castle, and therefore he was entrusted with caring for Zelo since no one was meant to see him unless he was under the moonlight.

"You're thinking too much again Jun." Himchan says his name quietly and Zelo looks at him before shoving another apricot into his mouth. The elder grins at him and begins to tie up his hair in a high ponytail.

"You've been called upon to Moonbathe tonight." Zelo stops chewing for a moment and a lump forms in his throat, suddenly it's hard to swallow. He places his fork down and looks at the fairy.

"What's the occasion?" Zelo whispers and Himchan tucks the loose hairs on the side behind the younger's pointed ears. Himchan gently pushes aside the tray of delicacies and he sits down on the bed beside the Child.

"They're hosting a feast for the Sun Warriors tonight. There was some kind of alliance between them I believe, a small part of the army as well as a few nobles will be attending. I've been told to dress you in your finest robes." he explains and Zelo's jaw tightens.

Of course the Fairies would want to show him off like he was some kind of prized possession. 

"What time is it now? How many hours do I have to prepare?" Zelo questions and he stands up to stretch. He steps into the air and begins turning in different positions.

"It's currently 3 hours past noon. You slept for some time as usual. You have about 3 hours. What do you do during the night anyways?" Himchan inquires as he sees Zelo stretching in the air, it's always a little strange to see. But then again he could fly as well.

"I like to moonbathe ironically enough. I feel like I'm being called home." Zelo sighs as he hovers towards the window, he gently pulls open the curtain and the sun hits his skin. Himchan rushes over and closes it in horror whilst Zelo simply laughs.

"Will I be in the cage again?"

 

Yongguk straightened out his attire for the nth time that evening, suddenly feeling stressed about having to indulge in social events. He'd been completely shocked when the King decided to send him as the representative of the Generals.

He sighed and tried not to appear too upset as he hopped off of his horse. Because yes Yongguk decided to spend some time on his horse, ShiShi, before attending the feast.

"I'll come running back to you when I feel like it's enough buddy." Yongguk pouts at the creature who merely stares at him with it's black beady eyes. Yongguk giggles at how adorable it is and restrains himself from cuddling with his horse's head.

He takes a deep breath and leaves the stable, surprised that his shoes did not get dirtied in any way. Yongguk makes his way into the large doorway that he'd left from and he can already hear music flowing through the walls. Oops.

Yongguk casually makes his way towards the courtyard in hopes that he's not too late. He blends in with the crowd of murmuring Fairies heading in the same direction and he hopes his dark hair isn't too obvious.

"General Bang!" a nimble voice catches his attention and Yongguk gestures to the man approaching him. A floral crown is placed atop his head and his eyes glow a gentle pink.

"King Woobin." Yongguk greets as he bows but he can only greet him how the Sun Warriors would greet their King, he's unsure of the Fairy tradition. The smile on the King's face however tells him he doesn't have to worry.

"It seems you arrived late. Fell asleep in your room did you?" the Fairy laughs heartily and Yongguk forces a smile back as the male hands him a glass of purple wine.

"It's made from the oils of lavendar and the ripest grapes. Do enjoy yourself." the King says and Yongguk politely takes a sip. He's instantly attacked with a strong floral flavour and he feels violated.

Yongguk takes a moment to recover and he grins at the King who's waiting for his opinion on what he thinks is a delicacy of the Spring Fields. Yongguk however has a Sun palette and he's not a fan.

For a moment the General's eyes wander and he notices a cage in the middle of the large fountain situated in the courtyard. Within the cage he sees something glowing and he blinks hard.

"Should we get closer? The main event is that way." Woobin offers as he begins to make his way towards the cage, Yongguk follows along since the path is easily cleared for the Fairy King.

They stop a few metres away and Yongguk freezes when he sees a teenager sitting in the air. He's surrounded by his long white and blue robes which seem to be fluttering around him.

"He's absolutely beautiful isn't he?" Woobin smirks as he gestures to the person floating within the cage. Yongguk's eyes were entranced by the natural glow he emitted whilst under the moonlight.

"What is he?" he can't help but ask and he nonchalantly sips his horrid drink, hoping to cover up his curiosity. It tasted bitter and rich this time around, still fragrant though. He tried not to stare for too long, but the way the person floated in the air was too mesmerizing.

"That there, is a Child of the Moon. He hails from the Moon Kingdom." Woobin's voice is hoarse as he laughs and orders more wine. Yongguk places his drink down on the table behind them and he sees how uncomfortable the Child is under the eyes of the fairies.

"What is he doing here?" Yongguk didn't know much about the Moon Kingdom. They were such a reclusive society. The King gives him an odd glance, as though questioning why he, a General of the Sun Civilization was inquiring about a Moon Child.

"Why wonder such useless things? Simply enjoy how he looks in your eyes. He's wondrous to look at, don't you think General Bang?" Woobin grins widely and he bows before leaving to attend to other guests.

Yongguk takes a moment to watch the Moon Child, not exactly caring about how others regard him. The Child hovers in the air for a moment and he changes his position so that he's facing the Moon.

His eyes close and he remains completely still. He looks like he's frozen in time and only his clothing moves around him soundlessly. Yongguk glances around seeing how no one is concerned.

"He's moonbathing." a deep voice startles him and Yongguk tries not to look so affected, he is a General after all. He sees a man standing beside him in a hood and it's oddly suspicious.

"Moonbathing? For what purpose?" Yongguk asks, hoping the stranger will answer his questions. It's clear that no one goes close to the Child and he didn't want to cause any troubles while he was a guest.

"He's called to the Moon. They are her Children." the stranger explains and when Yongguk looks at him, he's gone. The General looks around but he can only see pink and purple mops of hair. As well as numerous Fairies flittering about in the skies.

Yongguk can truly see that the Child is in his element. He's glowing beautifully soft and he seems completely at peace even though the Fairies are creating an obnoxious environment around him. 

He continues looking at the Child and when blue eyes meet his own his heart stops. And he knows, he wants to save him.

 

Not Alone - Park Jung Min

 

---------------------------

A/N

Descriptions are a lil out of place I feel but oh well aha

I'm doing my best to slowly paint the universe I've created for y'all

Thank you~ please show this story some love :3 I'm quite proud of it so far LOL

- Airi