Chapter 8 - Mine

Introducing K-pop: Season 1

Chapter 8 - Mine
 


“Okay so excluding today, there’s only two more days of practice left for the competition.” Youngjae says. The group was in their van, currently on their way to the practice hall. “Let’s just continue to practice as much… Okay I can’t continue to ignore this. I tried, but I can’t…We got to know…” Youngjae says. He then lends forward. “Keya, what’s wrong?” he asks.

The girl sat where she usually does, between Yongguk and Daehyun. Her arms were crossed as she stared out the van’s front window. “I’m just peachy.” she hisses between clenched teeth. Suyun sighs as she pulls her phone out her pocket. Pressing the screen a few times, Suyun then holds her phone out to Youngjae. “We were sent this link yesterday night.” she says. Raising a brow, Youngjae takes the phone. He then frowns when he reads what was on the screen.

 

“K-Pop Newcomers, Introducing K-Pop’s Keya and Let’s Play’s Jungsuk Feuding?” Himchan reads, leaning onto Youngjae’s shoulder. “Let’s Play’s filming yesterday guest starred the members of Secret, JJCC, Twice, Monsta X, and B.A.P. B.A.P who are current filming MNet’s Introducing K-Pop have two temporary members, overseas k-popper, Keya and VJ, Suyun.

During the filming for Let’s Play, fans who were present to cheer on the teams during their Track and Field challenges, quickly noticed that something was off once Jungsuk arrived from completing the opening challenge for the game. Fans stated that it seems as though Keya and Jungsuk intentionally stayed away from each other throughout the filming.

At one point of filming, when the two were near each other, a small argument seem to have started between the two, only stopped when fellow team members joining in to end it. Fans commented that the two seemed to glare at each other whenever the other turned toward the other’s direction. No one knows what could have gone on between the two since it was most likely their first day of them meeting each other.

 MNet and Let’s Play have yet to release statements.

 

The car sits in silence as they let what the article said sink in. “I’m not liking these comments.”
 Himchan states. “Oh hey, it says there’s an update. Go to it.” he says looking at the screen. Youngjae nods and presses on the link.

 

Regarding what’s going on between Introducing K-Pop’s Keya and Let’s Play’s Jungsuk, one of the companies has stepped forward about the feud.

After seeing the articles being published, MNet released a statement earlier this morning regarding the situation, getting straight to the point of the matter they stated:

‘A lot of rumors about what’s going on between the two are being spread around. And we’re releasing this statement to put them to rest. What went on is not something that our cast member should be receiving so much hate for when she did nothing wrong. We’ve talked with Let’s Play’s production team that day about what went on during filming so they know what has occurred. As they have yet to do anything about the situation, our cast member is getting a lot of heat from it. And she still has yet to receive an apology from anyone from the show, including the MC involved.

So we shall settle the whole issue ourselves before it gets blown even more out of proportion than it already has. Since we have been filming everything that our cast members have been going through since starting the show, we’ll be releasing the unedited footage that we have of what happened earlier that day during filming. Hopefully this makes Let’s Play truly understand the seriousness of this situation. And also show those leaving hurtful comments, that they shouldn’t be bias and just jump to conclusions in situations like this.’

Let’s Play still has yet to release a statement.

Below is the released video of the incident that started everything.

 

“Well, way to go MNet. They’re not taking anything laying down.” Zelo states. As the van parks in front of the building, the group piles out. Greeting the few fans that were waiting, they make their way to the building. “Okay, putting this behind us for now,” Yongguk says as they walk inside. “Let’s focus on practice. As said, we don’t have a lot of time left. Focus is key right now.” he states. The others nod as they follow him down the hall. Reaching their assigned rooms, the group splits up.

“Okay, I think you two should start on the foot work first.” Youngjae says as they sit down their bags. “Even though they seem simple, there have been times where you two would skip some.” he says. “Then we’ll move on to the lifts. Especially the over shoulder one. It’s only been done right about three times since practice begin.” he states.

Daehyun walks over to the stereo in the room and sets it to the song that they needed. “How about we do a few rounds with music? That way I and Youngjae can find the parts that need attention.” he says walking back over to the others. “Keya?” he asks moving over to her. She was currently staring at her phone.

“What’s wrong?” he asks when she looks up at him with a frown on her face. Turning the phone toward him, Keya hold it out in front of him. “Sorry.” Daehyun reads. Yongguk and Youngjae move to look over Daehyun’s shoulder. “Who is it from?” Youngjae asks. Without turning the phone back to her, Keya clicks on a certain part of the screen making a picture upload.

“Jungsuk” Daehyun says sighing. Lowering her phone, Keya looks at the three. Youngjae opens his mouth to say thing but Yongguk stops him. “No, no.” he starts. “We are not about to discuss this right now. We’re going to focus on practice. We have three days. Okay?” he asks. The other three nod without saying anything else. “Good, now let’s get started.”

 

~~

“Damn it.” Keya growls as Yongguk sighs. Yongguk rubs his forehead as Daehyun stops the music. “It’s been over thirty minutes, let it go for now.” he says. Keya huffs. “I can’t. It’s not that simple.” she says. “It keeps popping up in my head.” she says. “Ugh, it just annoys me to no end. And I can’t even do anything about it.”

“Calm down first.” Youngjae says. Daehyun nods. “You’re letting it get to you too much.” he states. Keya groans. “I can’t help it.” she states. “I mean seriously, he wants to message me now? It’s a little too late for that. Should have done that the day he said it. That would have been the best time.”

“Keya stop focusing on this.” Daehyun says. “You need to clear your mind.” he adds. Keya huffs again. “I can’t. I just want to punch him in his face. The nerve of the guy! As if he didn’t even do anything wrong. If he really means it, he should apologize face to-”

“KEYA!” Yongguk’s voice booms throughout the room, making the other three freeze. With widen eyes, the three turns to him. “Okay, I’m so done with this.” Yongguk starts turning to Keya. “Hold your tongue when I say this, but I need you to SHUT UP and stop talking about this. Later you can rant all you want and I will willingly listen to you.” he states.

“But for right now…” Yongguk motions for her to come closer. Hesitantly Keya steps forward, moving until she stood in front of him. Yongguk leans forward until they were staring directly eye to eye. “Right now, you are mine. And that means, I do not want to hear you talk about another guy. You are to focus on me and me only. Understand?”

Keya feels her face heat up as she stares at Yongguk with wide eyes. “You’re not telling me that you understand.” Yongguk says. “Understand?” he asks again. Keya opens to say something, but nothing comes out. Closing , Keya just nods instead. “Good.” Yongguk says straightening himself.

“Wow Yongguk, no need to get so possessive.” Daehyun says. “God, you’re going to give the girl a heart attack.” he says motioning to Keya who was turned away, pulling at the collar of her shirt as she tried to hide her reddening face. Keya shakes her head at him. “I-I’m g-good.” she says. Youngjae looks at Yongguk. “See, you got her stuttering again.”

Yongguk shrugs. “Not like I didn’t say anything that wasn’t true, she’s my partner.” he says. “Now can we go back to practice?” he asks. At this Youngjae and Daehyun raise a brow and look at each other. “I’m not going to go into this right now but another point for Team Bang.” Daehyun says. “Okay, everyone good now? Let’s continue with practice.” he says clapping his hands as he walks back over to the stereo.

 

 

And that's Chapter 8. I don't know why I didn't upload this chapter earlier. I was going to do it before i went out of state for vacation. But i think I got distracted by all the last minute things that comes with planning something. But anyways, I'll post the next chapter up very soon. Thank you all for reading.