Chapter 10 - Dance

Introducing K-pop: Season 1

Chapter 10- Dance
 


“This…is…amazing…” Keya says. The group was still in their training room. The competition had started about 30 minutes ago and they were currently watching Haneul announce the third pair to start their dance. Suyun turns away from the TV in the room and looks at Zelo. “How is it down there?” she asks. Zelo had just come back from the first intermission before the third pair, interacting with the fans. “The atmosphere is great. A complete full house too.”

 

A knock on the door has the rest of the group turning from the TV. The door opens and a woman walks in. “Keya and Yongguk, you two were chosen next, correct? I’ll be leading you to the gym now.” she informs. The two nod and stand up. “Good luck you two.” Daehyun calls as they follow the woman out the room.

 

The three pass other rooms that were filled by the other teams and different crew members. Turning the corner, the three stop near the gym doors. “You two can wait right here. We’ll inform you on when you can come in, okay?” the woman says. The two nods. “Thank you.” they say to the woman before she walks away.

 

Keya and Yongguk look at each other. “Wanna look inside?” Keya asks. Yongguk raises a brow. “Don’t you have stage fright?” he asks. Keya nods. “Yeah but if I look now, I won’t be so shocked when we go in.” she says. Yongguk shrugs. “Seems logical.” he says. “Sure, why not.” he says.

 

The two move to the door and crack it open a bit to peek inside. The door they were at was located at the back of one of the bleachers. It’s been chosen so that crew could get in and out without interrupting the program that was going on.

 

“Oh my Siwon, why is it so packed?” Keya asks with a gasp. As they let the door close back, Yongguk looks at her. “Zelo said it was a full house.” he states. Keya looks back at him. “Yeah, but my god, that’s a lot of people.” she says. “Soo…It’s okay if we just forfeit right?” she asks. Yongguk lets out a small laugh and shakes his head. “We’re not forfeiting.”

 

“But do you see all those people?” Keya asks. “I’m going to fall on my head in front of them all and the cameras.” she states. “Oh my Siwon, I’m going to die out there.” she adds. “Yongguk, I apologize now for failing you.” she says. Yongguk places a hand on Keya’s shoulder. “Okay, first calm down now before you start freaking yourself out.”

 

Keya nods, taking in a few deep breathes and letting them out. “Now, you’re not going to fall on your face…Or die. Just like the others, we practiced real hard for this. And that’s not going to fail us okay?” he asks. Keya nods. “And when we’re out there, just focus on me okay. Don’t focus on the audience.” Yongguk says.

 

Keya glances at the door. “But there’s like three hundred or more of them. Do you know how hard it’ll be to not focus on them?” she asks. Yongguk leans forward until he was eye level with her. “Keya” he calls making her look up at him. “Even if there were three thousand people, I’ll be here. Even if you fall, I’ll be here to catch you. So just focus on me and me only, understand?” he asks. Keya nods. “Okay.”

 

A moment later the sound of applauds comes from the gym. It’s soon followed by the gym doors opening and a crew member pointing their head out. “You two are good to come in now.” he informs holding the door opened for them. Yongguk takes Keya’s hand and gives it a light squeeze before leading her into the room.

 

“Okay all, our next pair to perform is the charismatic pair from BAP: Keya and Yongguk.” Haneul introduces. “A lot of things have been going on for this group. Lets see how training went for them.” Haneul directs the audience attention a projection screen on the wall behind her.

 

“Hello, I’m BAP’s leader Bang Yongguk”

“And, I’m BAP’s temporary co-ed international member Keya”

 

Keya looks around as the video plays. “Are you sure we can’t just forfeit?” she asks. Yongguk smiles and looks at her. “Don’t worry okay. You’ll do great. It’ll be like when we practiced. Just without all the distractions.” he states. Keya nods.

As the video begins to come to an end, the two are ushered to the dark stage. They have one more quick check over before they climb onto the stage. “Oh…” Keya breathes out as they walk farther onto the stage. Moving until he was a bit off center of the stage, Yongguk looks at Keya. “Remember what I said okay?”

Hesitantly Keya moves to stand behind him. Yongguk takes Keya’s hand and gives it a small squeeze before turning back to face forward. Keya holds tight onto his hand until the video ends and she slowly lets go. “Alright ladies and gentlemen here’s BAP’s Keya and Yongguk performing an alluring Tango.” Haneul announces.

As the audience applauds, Keya closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. The applauds become louder as lights illuminates the stage revealing the two. It then lowers again as music starts. Keya takes another deep breath before beginning the routine that they’ve been learning the past two weeks.

 

~

As the music ends, the lights illuminating the stages slowly turn off. Once the stage was completely dark, Yongguk lifts Keya back into a standing position. “Wow, an amazing and breathtaking performance by Keya and Yongguk.” Haneul states as she is put back as the center of attention. “Let’s see what our judges have to say about this performance.”

Yongguk and Keya make their way off the stage so that the crew could set up props for the next pair. “Great performance.” one of them compliments. The two thanks them before exiting out the gym and to the hall. The two stood there for a moment, just looking around the hall. “How about sitting down for a moment before we go back up to the room?” Yongguk suggests.

Nodding in agreement, Keya follows him down the hall. Turning down an empty hall the two finds a bench to sit down on. Keya lets out a breath as she sits back. “It is normal that I don’t remember most of it?” she asks readjusting her glasses. Yongguk lets out a small laugh. “Yeah that’s normal. It was your first time performing in front of a lot of people.”

“A lot is an understatement.” Keya says. “Try a million of people.” she says making Yongguk laugh again. He then shakes his head. “You just over-exaggerated way more than you did before we went on stage.” he states. “But don’t worry, I think we did well.” he says. Keya nods and looks at Yongguk. “Thank you.”

Yongguk looks at her confused. “Hmm? For what?” he asks. Keya smiles. “For being you.” she states. Yongguk tilts his head to the side. “I think I’m missing something.” he states. Keya lets out a small laugh and shakes her head. “It’s thanks to you that we did okay without any incidents.” she states.

“I wouldn’t say that.” Yongguk says rubbing his head. Keya nods. “But it’s true. I followed what you said and everything turned out okay.” she says. “Once the music started, I focused on that, but once we were face to face, I focused on you.” she states. “Not even going to lie, not even half way through it all, I didn’t think I even heard the music anymore.”

Yongguk raises a brow. “Huh? You didn’t hear it?” he asks. Keya shakes her head, looking away from him. Yongguk then notices that the top of her ears was red. “I umm… I was too focused on you for me to even think about anything else.” she states lowly. The hall fills with silence as Yongguk lets what she said sink in.

“You… ” Yongguk starts but stops. “Keya… look at me.” A moment goes by before Keya shakes her head. When he leans forward to look at her face, she turns away more. At this, Yongguk blinks a few times. “Keya?” he asks. Lifting a hand, he reaches out, taking a hold of her chin. Ignoring the small shock that went through his finger tips, Yongguk slowly turns her face toward him.

The first thing he noticed was the undeniable blush that crossed her face. Lowering her head, Keya lightly slap at his hand, to make him let go of her. Instead of letting go, he raises her head back up. “Hey, don-” Keya immediately stops what she was going to say when she notices how close Yongguk was to her.

Her mind goes blank as Yongguk’s face moves closer to hers. Her breath left her next when she feels his lips brush lightly against hers. “Yongguk?” she breathes out softly. A second later the feeling was gone. Keya blinks and looks at Yongguk who had sat back. “I’m sorry.” he whispers, looking away.

“No…It’s okay.” Keya says clearing . She then looks around. “Ah, we should probably get back to the room.” she states. “Don’t need to worry the others.” she says standing up. Yongguk looks up at her. “Keya…” he calls. Keya looks back at him and gives him a small smile. “Really, it’s okay.” she says.

“I’m sure we’re missed most of the next pair’s performance.” Keya states as Yongguk stands up. “But I’m sure we can catch part of it during the recaps before voting though.” she adds as they make their way down the hall, back toward their practice room.

It didn’t take them long to make it to the room. “Hey, there’s our amazing tango pair.” Youngjae calls out as the two walk into the room. Keya smiles. “I hope we did well.” she says. Jongup looks at her. “Well? You two got the first standing ovation of the night.” he states. Yongguk and Keya look at him with wide eyes. “What really?” Yongguk asks as he moves to sit next to Himchan. The group nods. “Wow, I would really like to see how our performance looked then.” Keya says.

“You two were 100% like a romance couple performing the tango.” Suyun says. Keya gives her a thumbs up as she sits down in the chair next to Daehyun, who sat at back. “I hope so. The tango wouldn’t look right if you don’t.” she states. “But anyways… You two are up next.” she says motioning to Himchan and Suyun. “I can’t wait to see you two perform.”

“Carine and Hayoung are performing now.” Zelo says turning everyone’s attention to the TV. “Next are Stacy and Kyuhyun, if I’m correct. Then those two.” he states. Keya sits back in her seat with a sigh. “Oh that’s good. I haven’t missed Stacy’s. She’s not that great at dancing so I’m looking forward to It.” she states.

Feeling a tap on her arm, Keya turns to see Daehyun looking at her. “What’s up?” she asks. Daehyun tilts his head. “Is something wrong?” he asks lowly. Keya shakes her head. “I’m fine.” she says. Daehyun looks at her with a raises brow. “I’m your best friend, I can tell you’re lying.” he states. Keya lets out a small laugh. “It’s only been like a month and a half since the show started.” she states.

Daehyun shrugs. “I’m just that great of a best friend.” he says. “Just tell me the gist of it.” he says. Keya sighs. “Let me see your phone.” she says. Daehyun hands her the phone that he held in his hand. Taking the phone, Keya goes to the memo app and types on there before handing Daehyun back the phone.

Daehyun takes the phone back. It takes a second for him to look at the screen before looking back at her with wide eyes. “Really? Almost?” he asks. Keya sighs and nods. “Yeah, almost.” she says. Daehyun watches her sit back in her seat. Keya looks at him. “I’ll tell you the full story later.” she says and Daehyun nods, sitting back in his own seat.

 

~~~~~

A.N.: And that's Chapter 10. I didn't realize that I didn't upload this sooner. I was reading another story and was thinking to myself that maybe i just forgot to update it sooner. This time I'll put a reminder up for myself to update again in two weeks. And not get distractioned by amazing stories on here like I did yesterday. XD

Thank you all for reading. I hope you all enjoy.