Chapter 12 - Advice

Introducing K-pop: Season 1

Chapter 12 - Advice

 


“So has it been planned where you’ll be going?” Daehyun’s voice asks from her phone. Keya was walking down the hall to the living room in their apartment. Her phone was on speaker, sitting in the chest pocket of the plaid red and black button up shirt she was currently wearing over a plain black shirt. “I think the others have a few sites they want to see. There’s just too many to choose from.”

“Make sure you suggest that you all hang out again after this. That way, the things that you all didn’t see today, you can see during the next get together.” Daehyun says. Keya nods in agreement even though she knew he couldn’t see her. “That’s a good idea.” she says. “I’m sure everyone would agree to it.”

Picking up her bag from next to the couch, Keya walks to the door. Slipping on her shoes, Keya leaves out the apartment, pulling the door closed behind her. “Okay Daehyun, I’m heading down stairs now to join the others. I’ll talk to you later.” she says walking to the staircase. After Daehyun says his bye, Keya hangs up the phone before making her way down the staircase.

It didn’t take her long to reach the bottom. Walking though the door at the bottom, Keya makes her way to the seating area. “Hello all.” she greets as she stops behind the couch that Suyun and Lina was currently sitting on. As the others greet back, Keya looks around, noting that Charles, Victor, and their VJs weren’t down yet.

“Once the other four come down, we’ll head out.” Haneul states. It wasn’t long after she said that that the elevator dings and the four walks over. With that the group stands and follows Haneul out the building. The group pile onto the coach bus that was waiting outside to take them on today’s explorations.

~~

 

“I feel like this is what most of us have saved up money for after we got accepted for this show. Probably even before that.” Sai states. The group was currently sitting around in a circle on blankets in the open field of a park with the cameras set up around them on their pods. Everyone was now wearing bright colorful hanboks. Lina looks at Haneul. “Is it really okay that you brought these for the VJs?” she asks. Haneul nods and smiles. “It’s one of our gifts to you all for doing a great job.”

 

“A lot of people like the VJs.” Carine says. “There’s a few fan pages make for you all.”

“I saw that. Is it okay to be happy about that?” Suwook, Victor’s VJ, states.

“Why not, I’m happy over just seeing a fan sign for me.” Xiong states.

“All you VJs have worked just a hard as the others and you all participate in the activities with us.” Victor states.

“Spending time with idols and others from around the world is a new experience for most of us.”  Jayeon, Carine’s VJs, states.

“But it’s fun. Though it’s still awkward to see myself on TV.” Jaerim, Sai’s VJ, states.

“Suyun’s still doesn’t like me pointing the camera at her.” Keya states.

“She’ll get used to it.” Lina states.

“Just because I get used to it, doesn’t mean I’ll like it.” Suyun replies to her.

“I think that as long as you get used to it you’ll be fine.” Dojin, Xiong’s VJ, states.

“I usually tell others to just act like it’s not there.” Miseo, Yasmin’s VJ, states.

“That might be hard to do since that’s our job though.” Wonjae, Charles’ VJ, says laughing.

“Miseo let me film for a while the other day. It was fun after I got used to the weight and learned what I was doing.” Yasmin says.

“It looks fun, but I’ve been told I’m not allowed to hold the camera.” Stacy states making the others laugh.

“Sorry Stace, you’re just a bit of a risk.” Keya says.

“If it makes you feel better, I’ve been labeled a risk too.” Sai states.

“But Sai, that’s because you’re horrible with electronics.” Charles states laughing.

~~

 

After about another hour or so of talking, Haneul suggest the group find a place to eat at. “We’ve been running around all day. So let’s go eat and relax at the resturant nearby until your groups come and get you all.” she states, standing up.

Following her, the others stand up also. Working together in pairs, the group folds up and pack back up the blankets and tripods for the cameras. After everything was cleaned up, the group follows Haneul out the park. Linking arms with her best friend, Stacy pulls Keya to the back of the group. “Hey don’t forget what we talked about the other day okay?” she asks.

Keya rolls her eyes. “How can I with you constantly reminding me?” she asks. “And don’t worry, I agree with you.” she states. Stacy nods. “I believe it’ll all work out in the end.” she says. Keya looks at her. “How can you be sure?” she asks. Stacy smiles. “Because I know these types of things.” she says. “Am I ever wrong?” she asks. Keya scoffs. “Yes. A lot of things.” she says making them both laugh. Stacy nods. “Okay, okay, but not about this.”

“Hey ladies.” The two look up to see Charles falling back from the back of the rest of the group. The two smile at him. “Hey Charles, what’s up?” Keya asks. Falling into step on the opposite side of Keya, Charles smiles. “I was just wondering if I could talk to you for a moment.” he says. Keya blinks when she realizes that he was looking at her. “Oh, me?” she says. “Sure, what’s up?” she asks.

Charles looks at Stacy. “Ah, this is what you were talking about.” Stacy says. “Okay then. Keya, I’ll talk to you when he’s done.” she states. The two watches as she runs up ahead to the others. Keya then looks at Charles. “Uhhh… okay. What’s up Charles?” she asks. “Did you need something?” she asks.

Charles nods. “Yeah, I was wondering if I can get your advice on something.” he states. Keya nods. “Sure. I’ve been told I’m good at that. I’ll help you if I can.” she says. Charles smiles. “Thank you so much.” he says. Keya nods. “No problem, we’re friends.” she says. “Now, what can I help you with?” she asks.

Keya watches as a small blush goes across Charles’s face. “Well you see…” he starts. “There’s this person I like and I wanted advice on how I should go about It.” he informs. Keya opens to say something but then closes it back. She then tilts her head to the side. “Wait…What?” she asks.

“You want relationship advice from me?” Keya asks. When Charles nods, Keya blinks in responds. “Why would you think that I’ll be a good person for that type of advice?” she asks. Charles looks at her. “Because you’re dating Bang Yongguk.” he states.

When Keya trips over her own feet, Charles catches her by the arm before she falls. Once she studies herself, Charles lets go of her. Keya immediately looks at Charles. “What in the world makes you think that I’m dating Yongguk?” she asks. Charles tilts his head. “Oh you’re not? Stacy said you two were. That’s why she made that official page.” he informs.

Keya sighs. “That part I’m not surprised about.” she says. “But no, I’m not dating Yongguk.” she states. Charles nods. “…Not yet” he states. Keya looks at him. “What? You two look like you like each other.” Charles states. “We think it without Stacy even saying anything.”

“Okay whatever. Still want my help?” Keya asks. Charles nods. “Yes please, if you can.” he says. Keya nods. “That’s fine. Now, who is it?” she asks. “Carine? Victor? Miseo? Jayeon? One of the idols?” she asks. “Wait no, it’s has to be someone close to me. But Stace is engaged so it can’t be her. Daehyun? How about Suyun?” she states.

Charles lets out a laugh. “Okay, first, it is a girl okay.” he states making Keya shrug. “Also you don’t seem to be including yourself in the possible list.” he adds. Keya looks at him. “Well you did just think that I was dating Yongguk. Also because you came to me for advice, so that means you don’t see me that way.”

Charles throws an arm over Keya’s shoulder. “What? But that’s one of the oldest tricks in the book.” he says. “Ask the girl for help and made her like you during the time you spend together.” he says. Keya rolls her eyes. “Yeah whatever you says bro.” she says following Charles’ lead and throwing her arm over his shoulder. “Who’s the lucky lady?”

Charles smiles. “Okay, you’re right. It’s someone you’re close to.” he states. “Also correct, it’s not Stacy, Suyun… and Daehyun is eliminated since he’s not a girl.” he adds. “It’s Lina.” he reveals. Keya raises a brow. “Really now?” she asks. “But why come to me? Why not Stace, Lina’s her VJ. Or Suyun, it’s her sister.”

“You would think right?” Charles says. “But Stacy talks too much some times.” he says. “And I think it would cause an opposite effect if I ask just Suyun to hang out.” he says. Keya nods. “True, if you ask me, you’ll automatically get Suyun.” she states. “Okay, I’m fine with helping. I’ll talk with Suyun about it tomorrow.”

Lowering their arms from around each other’s shoulders, the two follow the others into a restaurant. “Thanks so much. I would say that you’re the greatest friend ever, but I think Sai would feel offended since he said he’ll help me anyway he can too.” Charles says with a laugh. Laughing along, Keya shrugs. “That’s fine, for now. But how about we begin with the first advice?”

Counting everyone, a server leads the group to tables closer to the back that would fit the entire group. Charles tilts his head. “Already?” he asks. “Okay, what’s that?” he asks. Keya smiles. “Talking to her.” she says before pushing Charles toward the empty spot next to where Lina takes a seat at. Keya gives him a thumbs up before moving to the other side to sit down next to Stacy and Xiong.

 

~~

A.N.: There's Chapter 12. :D

I'm going to say that this chapter marks the 1/3 mark of the story. In December I was thinking like 34, now it's like 36. >.<

This is the longest story by far that I have ever done.And that including the anime/manga stories that I wrote. And it's more than half way completed(written). And a sequel is planned.

Thank you all for reading.