Chapter 15 - Let's Make Music Pt. 2

Introducing K-pop: Season 1

Chapter 15 - Let's Make Music Pt. 2
 


“What? Want a Round 7?” she asks. Yongguk tilts his head back at her. “Are you okay for that?” he asks.

Keya scoffs. “Come on, who am I?” she asks. “I got this.” she says. Yongguk smiles. “Really?” he asks. “Okay, I have one for you.” he says. Keya raises her hands in the air. “Bring it.” Taking another drink from the bottle, Keya sits it down.  She then looks at Youngjae as the light goes off. “Join me in this one too?” she asks. Youngjae nods. “Of course.” he says. Once ready they give a thumps up. Following, the ‘Recording’ sign lights up. It’s then proceeded by a piano intro flowing from the headsets.

Keya blinks. “Hey! This isn’t B.A.P.!” she calls out. She looks up to Yongguk through the glass. The music stops and the red bulb lights up. “Didn’t say it was.” he replies. “Is there a problem?” he asks. Keya narrow her eyes. “I thought we were doing just your guys songs.” she says. Yongguk smirks. “When did I ever say that?” he asks.

“You know I thought, you, being someone with 10 years experience, it shouldn’t matter which song is played, as long as it’s on your player.” Yongguk says.  Once again silence fills the room. The group looks back and forward between the two as they stare at each other. “You know what Yongguk, I’mma take you and your snarky comments down.” Keya says with a small laugh. Yongguk smiles. “Well, let me use your own words against you: ‘Come at me bro’.” he says holding out his arms.

“Touché, my man, touché.” Keya says laughing. “But as you said, yeah someone with my experience will have no problem. So go ahead and play the songs you want.” she adds. “Just be sure that you remember to treat me like the Princess I am when we go on our date. I’ll be looking forward to it.” she says.

Yongguk lets out a laugh. “Okay then, let’s get on with Round 7, shall we?” he asks. Keya nods, and gives him a thumps up. With that the music restarts and the piano intro returns.

 

Yo, listen up
this is my tragic story
Just to break in my heart...

Na ajikdo neoreul jiul su eobseo
Jakkujakku niga saenggakna
Niga neomu bogo shipeo
Bamsae hansumdo jar su eobseo
Nae mam hanmuneur dudeurineun bitsori
Niga ddeona beorin geujari
Neomunado geuriweoseo
Bamsae hansumdo jar su eobseo Nan

 

As the ‘Recording’ light goes off, Keya looks at Youngjae. “Thanks for joining Me.” she says. Youngjae smiles. “No problem. It’s fun doing this with you.” he says as he takes the headset off. At the sound of the door opening, the two turn to see Jongup walking in. Walking over to them, Jongup picks up the headset on Keya’s right. “Round 8 is with me.” he says.

“Good luck again.” Youngjae says as he walks out the room. As the door shuts, Keya looks at Jongup. “So, I duet with you?” she asks. Jongup nods. “Yep, and the song that we’re doing is ‘Beautiful Day’ by 5Zic and Bee.” he informs. Keya raises a brow. “Really?” she asks. “Okay this is going to be really interesting.” she says.

Jongup nods. “I know; that’s what I told Yongguk.” he says. “But he says that’s why he chose it. He wants to see how it would sound.” he adds. Keya shrugs. “Sounds like a good enough reason. Especially since now I wonder that too.” she says with a small laugh. “Ready then?” she asks. Jongup nods and gives a thumbs up. Following the ‘Recording’ light turning on and the violin intro starts.

 

Beautiful Day gidaril piryo obso yogikkajin Stop It's Alright It's Alright
Let's Touch The Sky We Makin’ Beautiful Day

Olla ganda jongsang momdo mamdo jongsang nine modu jim ssa Everybody Hands Up
Dugo bwara Ha Ha x4

 

As the music ends, the ‘Recording’ light turns off. “Very interesting indeed.” Jongup says. Keya nods. “Not bad though, not bad.” she says. Jongup nods as he takes off the headset. “So is this the last one?” Keya asks as she moves her headset down and let it rest around her neck. Jongup shrugs. “He didn’t say. I’ll see.” he says sitting the headset on its hanger.

Keya watches as he walks out the booth and joins the group. A second later, the red light turns on. “Yeah, I’m still thinking about it.” Yongguk’s voice says. “I’m debating on this next song.” he adds. “I’ll start playing it. But if I cut it off, then we’ll just stop, okay?” he asks. Keya nods. “Ah, okay.” she says.

As the light turns off, Keya tilts her head to the side. “I wonder what song it is.” she whispers as she sits the headset back on top of her head.  After she adjusts it to how she wants it, Keya gives a thumbs up. The ‘Recording’ light turns on and soon the music starts.  Immediately recognizing it, Keya’s eyes widen.

Before the lyrics could start though, the music turns off. “Yeah, I think we can stop.” Yongguk voice says as the red bulb in front of her turns on. Keya looks at him. “What? No, no, no. Let’s do this song.” she says.

“I don’t know. I mean, you’ve been in there for a good while now. I’m sure you’re tired.” Yongguk says.

“No, I’m okay, full of energy. I can still do the song.” Keya replies.

“Nah, I don’t want to push you too much.”

“Please, come on. Please with a cherry on top.”

“I don’t know...”

“Please? Hey, play this song and you’ll be Number 1 on my personal list.”

“Personal list?”

“Yeah, we know I have my bias list, like all fans.”

“Right...”

“Okay then I have my personal list. That’s the list that only includes the artists that I have personally met face-to-face and have talked to.”

“So then I’m on the list, just not Number 1.”

“Yeah, but I’m going to be truthful, most of the other boys are above you.” Keya informs making the others laugh.

“Wow that makes me feel great.”

“No, no, don’t get me wrong. I mean, yeah I probably spend more time with you then the others. But it’s obvious that I talk more with Daehyun and sometimes Youngjae. Hey, I can even talk a whole day with Jongup over manga and anime.”

“Yeah, that’s true.”

“But, if you were to play this song for me, you’ll immediately jump to Number 1.”

“Even above the seniors of Super Junior? And it’s their song.”

“Yes, even above them.”

“Just by playing this song?”

“Yep, just play the song.”

“Well, that seems easy. But what if I decide not to play it, then someone else did for you? Would they go to Number 1?”

“No.”

“No?”

“Sure, they’ll go up on my list, but only you have is once in a life time opportunity to be my Number 1.”

“Really now?” Yongguk asks, not even moving to hide the smile on his face. “Now that does make me feel great.” he says. He then nods. “And since I have the opportunity, why waste it? I’ll play the song for you.” he states. Keya smiles brightly as she claps her hands. “Yay, thank you. Love ya.” she says.

Yongguk lets out a small laugh. “Of course you do, I’m your Number 1.” he says. He then turns off the speaker before pressing a few other buttons. A minute later the music restarts.

 

Ha, yeah
I thought it was gonna be Okay
But, I miss you more and more

And I'm still waiting for you. So listen

Yojeum manhi yawin nal bomyuh chingudeuri marhae (Yeah)
Nuhgateun ae dashi mannajineun mallae nal wae
Heundeuruh nohgo ddo woollyuhnohgo
Majimak geu hanmadi naboda joheun saram manna (Ha)
Geurae nan ddo babogati soore manchwi dwae
Nuhui buhnho nullyuh (Nae moksorineun dduhllyuh)
Nan buhlssuh amumal mothago nunmulman heullyuh
Geunde nuhn ddo wae woolgo issuh baboya

 

As the song continues, Himchan turns in his chair to Yongguk. “Well played, sir.” he says. Yongguk looks at him. “Oh, did you realize what I was doing?” he asks. Daehyun sits forward and pats Yongguk on the shoulder. “Oh, we all seen those moves you were making.” he says. Yongguk looks around at the others to see them all nods in agreement.

“Is it okay for me to…?” Yongguk starts. The others nod. “Hey, why do you think Youngjae made his suggestion? We kinda saw it coming lately.” Jongup says. “Go for it.” he adds. Yongguk smiles. “Nice to know I have support.” he says. Zelo shrugs. “Just make sure when the bells ring that you make sure to thank us for our help.”

Yongguk looks at him. “Okay, I think you guys are looking way ahead of Me.” he states. Himchan looks at him. “Well, you’re getting up there in age.” he says making the others laugh. Yongguk lets out a laugh himself. “What are you talking about? I haven’t even hit thirty yet.” he says. Youngjae looks at him. “You have five years.” he says. Shaking his head, Yongguk turns his attention back to the recording booth.

A minute later, the song ends and Yongguk flips the switch to stop the recording. “You know, I wonder if she realized that the whole conversation that you two had was recorded along with that track.” Suyun states as they watch her take the headset off. Daehyun shrugs. “Make sure you keep it as part of it when you let her listen to them.” he says with a laugh. “But I don’t think it matters because it was also recorded by the crew too.” he says motioning toward the cameras set up in the room.

Walking out the booth, Keya smiles. “Come over here and hug me.” Keya says. Yongguk looks up and looks around at the others to see them staring at him. He then looks at Keya. “Me?” he asks. Keya nods with a small laugh. “Yeah, you, my man. You deserve a hug for becoming Number 1.” she says motioning him forward. Letting out a laugh, Yongguk stands up.

Moving over to her, Yongguk holds out a hand. Taking his hand, Keya pulls him forward. Closing the distance between them, Keya wraps her arms around Yongguk. Wrapping his arms around her, Yongguk looks down at Keya. “I think we need to forbid you from walking on carpet. You keep shocking me.” he says.

“And that’s why she’s the Shock Princess.” Himchan says. “Are you sure she’s not just doing it on purpose?” he asks. At this Keya lets go of Yongguk as she raises a hand, pressing a finger to her lips. “You’re not supposed to tell.” she says making them laugh. Moving to sit down, Yongguk goes back to his chair and Keya goes to sit down in the space next to Daehyun.

“Okay, now. So, how did I do?” Keya asks. Zelo looks at her. “I say you did well.” he says. “Of course you’re not the best out there. Nor are you the worst. In my opinion I think you’re slightly above average.” he explains. Jongup nods. “If you were to join the music industry and get proper training, you could be better.”

“You know what I find interesting?” Himchan asks making the others look at him. “Keya, when you rap, your pronunciation is spot on, even with your accent. But when you regularly talk, I’m sure you guys have all noticed this; But when you talk, you sometimes hesitant every now and then. This is understandable when you have to think of the correct word to use.”

Keya nods. “Yeah, but with songs, the words never change. So I automatically know them.” she says. “But when talking, I have to make sure I use the right tense and all that grammar stuff.” she adds. Youngjae looks at her. “I found it interesting that you were able to do Zelo’s speed rap.” he says. Keya looks at him. “Oh, it was hard. I practiced those. Especially that ‘Warrior’ one. That gasping part is needed.” she says with a laugh. “But to tell you the true, it’s actually harder for me to learn Yongguk’s parts than Zelo’s.”

“Really?” Jongup asks. “Is there a reason?” he asks. Himchan looks at her. “Was it the voice?” he asks. “Sometimes his voice is distractive. It gets to people.” he says. Keya lets out a laugh. “I know. At first that was the problem. I’m not even going to deny It.” she says. “But even now on recent songs, it still takes me more time. I think it’s has to do more with his rhythm and flow.”

“Well, if you were to join the industry, you can improve that area.” Jongup says. Keya looks at him. “Yah, you’re not getting me to join.” she says with laugh. “I’m good with as far into the industry as I am with this show.” she says. Suyun tilts her head. “But I’m kinda with Jongup. It’ll still be nice for you to release a song.”

“Oh, we should ask the producers of the show to create a soundtrack.” Daehyun says. “And the songs could be recorded by the groups.” he explains. The others nod. “That’s a great idea.” Yongguk says. “It’ll be a nice project for all the groups to do.” he says. “You see how excited Princess was to be in the studio. I’m positive the others will be too.”

“Then it’s settled. We’re going to ask them to let us produce an album.” Zelo says. “Probably ask Haneul once we’re done filming for the day.” he suggests.

 

“I think that you did a great job too.” Suyun says. Keya smiles. “Thank you. But I think your voice is way better.” she states. The others then turn to Yongguk. “So, what do you think?” Himchan asks. “Honest opinion.” he adds. Yongguk looks at him and rolls his eyes. “Well, I do agree with the others for the most part.” he states. “Your rapping is above average. And like Jongup said, if you were to get professional training, you could be a force to be reckoned with.” he states.

 

“But the only thing that I don’t understand is that you don’t think you have a singing voice.” Yongguk says. “You were in choir for school growing up. And you have had solo parts. And we know from just now, that you can sing. But because you only really did the chorus, we don’t know to what extent.” he states. “You have a different vocal range then the boys in this group so when you sing our songs, you don’t think it sounds too right but that’s just because you’re so used to hearing their voices singing it.”

 

“You know, all artists have that one genre that they’re amazing at doing than others.” Youngjae states. “Maybe you just have to find out what that one genre is that will being out your vocals.” he suggests. Yongguk nods as looks at Keya. “Of all the songs you know, is there a song or an artist that you think your voice is compatible with it?” he asks and Keya shrugs.

 

Himchan looks at Yongguk. “You know who I think her voice would match well with?” he asks. “I think it would fit well with Serye’s.” he states. Yongguk looks at him and nods. “Maybe if I actually heard her sing, I would agree.” he asks. Keya tilts her head. “Serye?” she asks. “Who’s that?” she asks. Zelo looks at her. “Oh, she was a former TS trainee and a good friend of ours.” he informs. “Though she went to help out her parents, so you haven’t met her yet.”

 

“Serye…” Suyun starts. “Is that the girl who’s baby we seen a picture of?” she asks. The other nods. “Oh okay, we’re supposed to meet her when she gets back right?” Keya asks. Himchan nods. “Yeah and she has an amazing voice. And I think it would suit yours very well.” he states. Yongguk turns and looks at Keya. “So, know of a song?” he asks.

 

Keya shakes her head. “Not that I can think of.” she says. “I have recorded myself before singing, but when listening to it, I was really only checking to see if I was pronouncing the words correctly.” she states. Yongguk nods before turning to Daehyun. “You’ve heard her singing before right? Can you think of any song?” he asks.

 

Daehyun tilts his head to the side as he thinks. “Oh I know one.” Jongup announces. Daehyun looks at him. “Are you thinking of the one she sings every now and then? The one we didn’t know the name of at first?” he asks. Keya looks at them. “What song?” she asks. Jongup looks at Keya and smiles before turning to Yongguk.

 

“I’ve never heard her sing the whole song, but I’m sure it’ll be great.” Jongup states. Daehyun nods. “I’ve never heard her sing the whole song either.” Daehyun says. “But I would like to hear that though.” he states standing up. Walking over to Yongguk, Daehyun picks up Keya’s I-pod. Logging into it, he presses on the screen a few times. Once at what he was looking for, Daehyun shows the screen to Yongguk.

 

Looking at the screen, Yongguk blinks a few times. He then looks up at Daehyun. “For real?” he asks. He then looks at Jongup who nods. “… I don’t know.” he says looking back at I-pod screen. Yongguk then looks at Keya. “Park Hyo Shin.” he states. Keya tilts her head. “Oh okay. His voice is gorgeous… So is he.” she states.

 

When Yongguk raises a brow at her, Keya lets out a small laugh. “Don’t be jealous.” she states. “Remember, you’re number 1.” she says. “He’s one of my favorite solo artists. So I’m not surprised that that’s who they’re referring to.” she adds. Yongguk nods. “So then, how do you think you would do with his songs?” he asks.

 

Keya shrugs. “I don’t know. He has a very powerful voice. I’m nowhere near as great as that.” she states. Yongguk takes the I-pod from Daehyun. “Well I believe in my team mates, so I want to see what they’re talking about.” he states. “Are you up to doing one more song?” he asks looking at Keya.

 

Keya scrunches up her face. “I am…” she starts. “But you want me to do Wildflower?” she asks. “I don’t know about that…” she says hesitantly. Himchan looks at her. “You don’t think you can do it?” he asks. Keya shakes her head. “There’s so much emotion in that song.” she states. The others nod.

 

“I agree but I’m very interested by the fact that Daehyun and Jongup even thought about it.” Yongguk says. “Can I make a request to you, as your Number 1, to just try the song for me?” he asks. Keya puffs out her cheeks. “Just got the position and already using It.” she says making the others laugh. “But I guess it wouldn’t hurt. I apologize to Park Hyo Shin ahead of time for me covering his song.”

 

“Don’t say that. You’ll be fine.” Jongup states. Daehyun nods. “You know the lyrics and you know the meaning of them, correct?” he asks. Keya nods. “Okay then when singing the song, think about situations that you know of or your own experiences that relate to it. It’ll help bring out that emotion because you’re connecting with the lyrics.” he states.

 

Keya nods again before turning and making her way back into the booth. Walking to the set, she nervously picks up the headset in the middle. “Keya” Looking up, she looks at the group through the window. “If it helps, just act like we’re not here. It’s just you and the music.” Yongguk says. “Just tell me when you’re ready.”

 

Keya nods as she puts on the headphones, making sure they were covering her ears fully. Taking a deep breath, she tries to clear her mind as she looks down at the podium in front of her. Closing her eyes, she takes another deep breath before hesitantly giving a thumbs up. A second later the red light comes on and the beginning piano piece flows through the headset.

 

Hayake pieonan eoreum kkot hanaga

Dalgaun barame eolgureul naemireo

Amu mal motaetdeon ireumdo mollatdeon

Jinagan naldeure nunmuri heulleo

 

As the music ends and the red light turns off, Keya takes in a shaky breath. Taking off the headset, Keya hangs them back on their rack. Looking up, she finds the seven on the other side of the glass all sitting with similar expressions on their faces. Making her way out the booth, Keya steps into the silent room.

 

Daehyun is the first one to move. Standing up, he moves over to her. Stopping in front of her, Daehyun raises his hands; one of them lifts her glasses as the other wipes her eyes. “You’re crying.” he states. Keya lets out a small laugh. “I told you all that that’s a powerful song.” she states. “Don’t worry.” she says waving him off.

 

Keya then turns to the others to see them all staring at her. “Ah, guys, can someone say something? This silence is odd.” she says. The other six look at each other. “I can just tell that we’ve been around you for so long because I can’t find another way to say this…” Jongup says. “But holy freakin’ hell.”

 

Keya lets outs out a laugh at that. “Oh my Siwon, it will always be hilarious to hear someone else say that.” she says. Himchan looks at her. “But for real. I think we all just fell in love with you a bit during that song, some more than others. It was surprising but beautiful.” The others nod in agreement.

 

Zelo looks at Keya. “By fell in love, he means like completely in love.” he states. “And by more than others he means our leader.” he adds pointing. The others in the room turn toward Yongguk, who was looking in a different direction, his arm propped up on the board with his hand covering his mouth.

 

“And we have clear winner for this round, ladies and gentlemen.” Youngjae says standing up, arms raised in the air. “Team Rose has delivered a K.O and she has now taken the lead in this ongoing battle.” he declares causing the others to laugh. “So Yongguk, do you admit defeat, or do you want to continue and go for a second K.O?” Youngjae asks.

 

Laughing, Yongguk turns to them. “No, that’s okay.” he states. “Keya, you’re amazing. And with that last song you left us all speechless. So I can’t do anything but admit defeat.” he says. “On our off day next week, if you want, I’ll be sure to make you feel like royalty, Princess.” he states. Keya lets out a small laugh as she goes to sit down.

 

“Treating me regular is just fine. Unless you’re getting a carriage.” Keya says making the others laugh. “What? I like those.” she says. “Though where would we go? Do you have a place in mind already?” she asks. Yongguk nods as he sits back in his chair. “Yep, I already know where to take you. You’ll love it.”

 

 


There's Chapter 15. This is the beginning of the storyline picking up. We're dtarting to move forward.

Thank you all for reading my story. I'll update again soon.