Chapter 11 - Fanpage

Introducing K-pop: Season 1

Chapter 11- Fanpage 
 


“Just wait until the next volume; you’re in for a lot of surprises.” The group was currently sitting in the lobby of the cast members’ apartment building. Yongguk, Himchan, and Youngjae sat on one couch chatting together; Zelo and Suyun sat in one of the chairs, playing a video game together; and Keya sat between Daehyun and Jongup on another couch. Daehyun was on his phone as Jongup and Keya read a manga.

Keya had her head lying on Jongup’s shoulder as she looks at the book. She wasn’t really reading it. Having already read it, she was now letting Jongup read it. When he commented on something in the book, she would talk with him about it. “Oh have Haneul said on when they’ll have the options for us to pick one of the next events?” Daehyun asks.

Keya looks at him and lightly shakes her head. “Nope, not yet. She told me that they will soon.” she adds. Daehyun looks at her. “What would you like to do as an event?” he asks. Keya shrugs. “I would really like to do either a race game or tag game. Something similar to Running Man or what you guys did for Killing Camp.” she states.

Daehyun nods. “That would be fun. Especially if they mix us together.” he says. “You should tell Haneul next time you see her. I’m sure she’ll listen… Princess.” he says the last word teasingly. Blushing, Keya swats him on the shoulder. “Yah… stop that.”

 

~back to the competition three days ago~

The competition was now over. Along with recaps, Haneul had announced the groups that had came in 12th place up to 6th place. Keya found herself along with Yongguk still standing on stage with four other groups. To her left were the pair, Xiong and Naeun, and the pair, Sai and Donghyun, then Charles and Taecyeon. On her right were Yasmin and Hwasa. Each pair had a spotlight shining down on them from above.

The rest of the groups stood at the back of the stage, waiting to see who would come in first. Keya slightly looks back and up at Yongguk. “Why are you standing behind me? You should be in front.” she states. Yongguk stood partially behind her. With a small laugh, Yongguk looks at her. “If I stood in front, then they wouldn’t be able to see you.” he states. Keya nods. “That’s the point.” she states adjusting her glasses and moving back a bit making him smile and shake his head.

“Okay, I know you all are excited to know who came in first place. But first let’s reveal who came in fourth and fifth.” Haneul suggest from her spot at the side of the stage. A crew member steps forward and hand her a folded piece of paper. “And fifth place does to…” There’s a small drum roll as she unfolds her paper.

“Sai and Donghyun.” Haneul announces. The audience applauds as the two takes a bow. The light above the two then goes out. “And in front of them in fourth place are… Charles and Taecyeon.” Haneul announces. The same as the other pair, the pair bows before the light above them goes out. The two pairs step back to be with the other placed pairs.

“Ah jeez.” Keya whispers to herself as Haneul begins talking again. Yongguk looks down at her and smiles. He then takes her hand in his. Keya looks at him before looking back at Haneul. She was talking, but what she was saying, Keya couldn’t tell you. She was trying to listen but her heart was beating so loud that she was sure that others could hear.

“All of the groups up here did an amazing job. But to you all, these three pairs stood out the most. So, how about we announce the places of our last three groups? In the end, third place’s light will stay red and second place’s light will stay blue. And first place’s light will stay regular.” Haneul asks. Again a crew member steps forward and hands her a folded piece of paper. “Okay third to first place is…” Haneul starts, the drum roll beginning again and the spotlights begin a color dance over the three pairs. Shutting her eyes tight, Keya steps closer to Yongguk, squeezing his hand.

A moment later there was dead silence before the audience burst out with cheers. “Keya, open your eyes.” Yongguk calls. Slowly Keya does as told. “Now look around.” he states. Keya looks to the left and gasp when she sees that Xiong’s and Naeun’s light to now red. She immediately looks to the right to see Yasmin and Hwasa standing under a blue light.

Gasping again, Keya covers with her free hand. “Oh my, Siwon.” She looks up at the ceiling above them only to be blinded by the white light, making her look down at the white circle around them. Hearing a laugh she quickly looks at Yongguk. “Congratulations, Princess.” he says smiling. Keya’s eyes widen a bit at the nickname as her face heats up.

“Third place is Xiong and Naeun. Second place is Yasmin and Hwasa… And taking first place in our ballroom competition is Keya and Yongguk.” Haneul announces, the audience cheering loudly again. The three pairs bow before the red and blue light goes out. Walking over to the remaining pair, Haneul holds out two small trophies to them. The top of the trophies was a pair of dancers and on the bottom was a plank that read ‘Introduction to K-pop: Ballroom Dance Competition – First Place Winners’

“You two were simply amazing. Congratulations.” Haneul says as they each take a trophy. “How about saying a few words to the audience.” she suggests holding out the microphone to them. Keya stares at it before hesitantly taking it from her. “Sorry, I-I don’t k-know what t-to say.” Keya says. “…Uhhh…Thank you?”

Keya turns to Yongguk for help only to see that he was silently laughing at her. “Hey, don’t laugh at me.” she says puffing out her cheeks and lightly pushing him. Smiling, Yongguk takes the microphone from her and pulls her into a hug using his other arm.

“Thank you all for liking our performance.” Yongguk says into the microphone. “Just like all the other pairs we practiced hard to give you all a great performance. Princess and I thank everyone who helped us learn the dance and watched over us. And thank you all for watching us on the show and enjoying it enough to come out and watch us live.” he states before handing the microphone back to Haneul.

Yongguk and Keya then bow once more to the audience before Haneul starts talking. “Keya, Yongguk” The two turn to see the others walking from the back over to them. “Congrats.” Stacy says hugging Keya.

 

~

“Don’t blame me. He started it.” Daehyun says. “But he’s right, you and Suyun are our Princesses.” he says. Keya sticks her tongue out at him. “Until they marry in. Then they’ll be Queens.” The two stop and look at Jongup who was still reading the manga he was holding. Jongup looks up from the book to see the two staring at him.

“What? We refer to ourselves as Kings in some of our songs.” he states. “So when someone marries a King, they become a Queen.” he states. Daehyun opens his mouth to respond but stops. “Wait… He’s right… That actually makes sense.” Daehyun says. Keya nods. “It does but who’s marrying who?” she asks.

Jongup looks at her. “Well you and Yongguk have chemistry so strong that even I can see It.” he states. “And as for Suyun, I would guess Himchan or Youngjae.” he states. Keya slowly nods as she looks over at Suyun. “Well… what about you?” Daehyun asks. Jongup raises a brow. “What about me?” he asks.

“What about the possibility of you and Suyun?” Keya asks. Jongup just smiles before turning back to the book in his hand. “Yeah he totally likes her.” Daehyun whispers to Keya. Keya looks at Jongup before looking at Daehyun. “What? How can you tell?” she asks back in a whisper. “Only thing he did was smile that Jongup smile and goes back to reading.” she states. Daehyun lets out a small laugh. “Trust me, I know my band mates.”

Before Keya could respond to that, several beeps go off around the room. Those who didn’t have their phones out, pulled them out and checks to see what message they just received. “Did you all just get the same notification or something?” Keya asks. Himchan and Yongguk move to look at Youngjae’s phone. “Uh, I’m pretty sure we did.”

“Oh, what’s it for?” she asks. Keya watches as the other seven in the room look around at each other. “Umm, someone is suggesting we like a page on facebook.” Suyun says. Keya narrows her eyes in suspicion before leaning to the side and looks at Daehyun’s phone. “Oh, it’s just a Couple Fan-Page for me and Yongguk.” she says. “I’ve seen a couple of them already. It’s no big deal.” she says sitting back in her seat.

“It is when the page is verified as an official page.” Zelo says. Keya looks around at them with wide eyes. “What? How? Who suggested this page to you all?” she asks. The room goes into silence as no one goes to answer her. Keya lets out a huff when it seems no one was going to reply. She then quickly reaches to her right and snatches Daehyun’s phone from him.

Daehyun immediately takes the phone back from her. “Okay, I don’t want my phone being the object that you decide to throw.” he says. “So, I’m telling you. Stacy is the one who suggested the page. She shared it with us in a private post.” he informs. With that the room settles back into silence. The group watches Keya as she sat there quietly, thinking.

The dinging from the elevator makes the seven turn. “…them that we’ll be leaving soon.” Lina’s voice comes when the doors open. A second later she steps out followed by Stacy. “Okay, that’s good.” Stacy says. Turning she sees the group looking at them. “Oh hey guys, I didn’t know you all were still here.” she says cheerfully. She then stops. “Oh…wait…”

“Oh ho, ho” Keya says blinking, she then turns and looks at Stacy. “You made the page didn’t you?” she asks. When Stacy doesn’t say anything, Keya stands up. “Stacy…” Stacy immediately takes a step back. As Keya moves to walk around the couch, Stacy immediately pushes Lina back into the elevator. “I did nothing!”

“Hey!” Keya shouts running over to the elevator. Right before she could get to the elevator, the doors closes on her. Keya lets out a small growl. Turning her head, she looks at the others that were still sitting. “Excuse me for a moment.” she says. She then turns and runs to the door that leads to the staircase.

The group sits in silence for a moment before they immediately stand up and run to the staircase to follow after their group member. As they make their way up the stairs, they hear the sound of another door opening, followed by a scream. The group picks up their pace, making it to the fourth floor within seconds.

Rushing through the door, the group stops to see Lina along with Sai, Victor, and their VJs standing in the middle of the hall. “Where are they?” Suyun asks. The five turn and looks at them. They then step aside to show the others what they were watching. At the end of the hall Stacy was pinned to the ground on her stomach, with Keya sitting on her back. Keya had one of Stacy’s arms folded behind her back as she tried to struggle.

“I’m amazed that she caught her.” Zelo says. Victor looks at him. “Yeah that’s partially our fault.” he says making the others look at him. “We were on the second floor. When we pressed the button to go up to the fifth floor, it stopped for us. Stacy rushed us into the elevator.” he explains. Sai nods. “Though she was almost to the door when Keya came from the staircase. If she wasn’t so frightened, she would have made it into the apartment.” he says. “That girl has to know some type of martial arts because she had Stacy on the ground within the blink of an eye.”

“Hey, don’t just stand there, help me!” Stacy calls to them. When none of them moved forward she sighs. She then looks over her shoulder at Keya. “You know, I only made that page because I seen you two in the competition hall.” she states. Three pairs of eyes widen as they stare at her. “They performed great together but how does that really lead to making a fan page for them?” Victor asks.

Before Stacy could reply, Daehyun steps forward and hurriedly walks over to the two girls. Sai looks at Lina. “How did she even get the page verified?” he asks. As Lina answers, Daehyun kneels down on the floor in front of Stacy. “Stacy, keep quiet.” he whispers. Lying on the floor, Daehyun moves until he’s face to face with Stacy. “The only people who know about what happened after their performance are you and I”

Wide eyed, Stacy looks at him. “What? Really?” she asks. She then looks at Keya, who stared back at her. Stacy looks back at Daehyun who nods. “Oh, I didn’t know that. Sorry.” she whispers. “But I still don’t see what the problem is.” she says. Hearing footsteps, the three look up to see Yongguk walking over.

“Keya, I think it’s okay for you to get off her now.” Yongguk says stopping next to the two girls. When she doesn’t move, Yongguk raises a brow. “Keya” he says again, this time his tone basically ordering her. Sighing, Keya moves from off of Stacy and moves onto the floor next to Yongguk. Sitting up, Stacy stretches her arm out.

“What’s wrong with me making the page?” Stacy asks. Keya sighs. “You should have asked first. Especially when you’re trying to verify It.” she says. Stacy looks at her. “But if you two are together, what does it matter?” she asks. Daehyun looks at her. “But they’re not together, Stace.” he states.

“What? But why?” Stacy asks. “You two like each other right?” she asks looking at Keya then at Yongguk. “Why kiss her if you don’t like her?” she asks. Keya pats Stacy on the shoulder. “Stace, stop. Can we please not talk about this?” she asks. Stacy looks at her. “What’s the problem?” she asks. Keya sighs. “Stace, please. Discuss it later.”

Stacy looks up at Yongguk. “You-” she starts but is cut off by Keya pulling on her arm. Stacy looks back at her friend. “I do not want to get into this right now. Especially not right here. So can you drop it?” she states. Stacy stares at Keya for a moment before nodding. “Okay, I’m sorry.” she says.

Moving, Stacy throws her arms around Keya, pressing their cheeks together. “We’re still best friends right?” she asks. Keya lets out a small laugh. “I don’t know… Daehyun is trying to give you a run for your money.” she states. Stacy looks at Daehyun. “I guess I can add you into our pairing. We can become a trio.” she says. She then holds out an arm to him. “Friendship hug?”

Daehyun looks up at Yongguk who was looking at him with a raised brow. “That’s all you.” Daehyun looks back at the two girls and shrugs. “Why the hell not?” he says moving over to them. Yongguk lets out a small laugh as Stacy pulls Daehyun into the hug making the three slightly bump their heads together.

“Anyone else think that we’ve just missed out on something important?” Youngjae says. Yongguk looks at the others. “Don’t worry, they’re good.” he calls to them. He then looks at the three on the floor next to him. “Okay you Three Musketeers, I think it’s time to get off the floor.” he states.

As the three stands up, Stacy looks at Yongguk. “You know we’re not done with this type right?” she asks. Yongguk shakes his head. “I would be more surprised if you said we were.” he states before walking back toward the others. Stacy looks at Keya and Daehyun who shakes their heads. “At a later time.” Daehyun says patting her on the back.

 

~~~

“That still .” Stacy says. She was currently scrolled across Keya’s bed along with Keya and Lina. Suyun sat on a bean bag cushion next to the bed. It was late at night and the girls came into Keya’s room wanting to know what’s been going on. “I’m just saying if he was that close, he should have just fully kissed you and went through with it.” Lina says.

“Daehyun, what did he say was the reason that he pulled back?” Stacy asks. In the center of the bed, Keya’s phone sat elevated up by a small pillow. The boy group member discussing with them while on speaker. “What makes you think he came to me and said anything?” Daehyun’s voice asks.

“It’s not that he came to you. It’s you went to him and said something.” Suyun says. In response to that, Daehyun’s laugh is heard. “How correct you are.” he says. “I did go talk to him. Because I was thinking the same thing.” he states. “He said because he doesn’t know how strong his feels are yet.”

“Why would that matter?” Stacy asks. Suyun looks at her. “Well say they start dating. You know there are those fans that are too serious about this stuff. Keya would get bashed a lot just because. And if the two were to break up, do you think they’ll really stop bashing her?” she asks.

“Exactly what Yongguk is thinking.” Daehyun says. “He doesn’t want to get evolved if he doesn’t know that the feelings between the two are strong enough to overcome all that.” he adds. Stacy sighs. “Yeah but he wouldn’t know if it is or not if he doesn’t try first.” she says. Keya looks at her. “But you need to know. He’s mind is usually on music, music, music. It’s his focus. That would be disrupting it. It’s his career and a very big part of his life.” she states.

Stacy looks at her. “Hey, stop thinking logically. That’ll just let you make excuses for him in your head.” she states. “This is possible love. With love you’re supposed to throw all logic out the window.” she states. This makes the others laugh. “I think that’ll be a bit hard for her.” Lina says. Keya looks at Stacy and shrugs.

“How about spending some time apart?” Suyun asks. “We’ve been with them every day. How about we spend a day without them?” she asks. Lina sits up. “Oh! All the cast members and VJs can get together. Everyone hardly sees each other because we’re always with our groups. So how about we all plan a day together and so sightseeing or something.” Lina suggests.

“Oh that sounds like a fun plan, I’m sure the others would like that.” Stacy says. Keya stops her as she was about to take out her phone. “Don’t message anyone right now. It’s the middle of the night. Do it in the morning.” she states. Stacy shrugs. “Fine… fine.”

“We’ll see how he’ll feel not having you around for a day.” Daehyun says. “This ought to be fun. Though I wish that I could go too.” he states. Keya shakes her head. “We can always do somewhere together.” she says. Daehyun sighs. “Yeah the others along with us. I’ll just kidnap you and Suyun one day and it’ll just be us three.” he states. “Four, I’ll let Jongup come too.”

“Jongup? Not Youngjae?” Suyun asks. “He’s usually your first choice.” she states. Keya shakes her head. “Not for this. Daehyun has ideas of his own.” she states making Daehyun laugh.

 

 

A.N.: And that's Chapter 11. Things are starting to pick up now. Thank you all for reading.