Chapter 13 - Panic

Introducing K-pop: Season 1

Chapter 13 - Panic
 


“Who is this interview with again?” Keya says. She was, as usual, sitting between Daehyun and Yongguk as the van they were in, traveled down the street. “It’s MTV K.” Jongup informs. Himchan sits forward. “It’s been a while since we did an interview with them, so they invited us to come do a magazine spread.” he explains.

Keya nods as she leans a bit over Yongguk to look out the window on the other side of him. “You are always so curious to see outside as we’re traveling.” he states. Keya looks at him. “Because it’s interesting.” she says. Zelo raises a brow. “Isn’t it the same in the states?” he asks. “You know, other than the fact that driving is on the opposite side of the road. And different nationality majority.”

Keya shrugs. “I’m sure you all were just like this when you guys first went to the states.” she says. “They have their differences. Yeah it’s still crowded streets but each place gives off its own vibe.” she states. The other nod in agreement. “Yeah, I’m sure we all thought that at one point when we tour across different countries.” Youngjae says.

“Uhhh… Keya?” Daehyun asks. Keya lets out a hum to let him know that she was listening as she tilts her head a little to see more out the window. “Why is Charles asking you out?” Daehyun asks. With a raised brow, Keya turns and looks at Daehyun. The van goes quiet as the rest of the group also looks at him.

“What? No, he’s not.” Keya states. Daehyun nods his head. “Yeah, he is. Look.” he states holding the phone that he had in his hand in front of her face. “He’s asking for you two to meet up together.” he says. At first Keya wonders why Daehyun had her phone, until she remembers that she gave it to him earlier.

“It’s that the guy that was all over you when we came to pick you girls up after the get together?” Jongup asks. Keya turns in her seat and looks at him with wide eyes. “He was not all over me!” she shouts. “He had his arm on my shoulder.” She then turns to Daehyun. “And he’s not asking me on a date or anything. He’s been asking me for advice.”

“What type of advice does he need to where he has to be alone with you?” Himchan asks. Keya looks at him. “We wouldn’t be alone. Suyun and his VJ would be there.” she states. Himchan gives her a pointed look. “Yeah because it would be hard to ask the VJs to give you two some privacy to talk alone.”

“Oh my Siwon.” Keya whispers. “Once again, he is not asking me out on anything.” she states. “Shut up.” she says looking at Daehyun who had just opened his mouth. “He likes someone.” she states. Daehyun looks at her. “And why can’t it be you?” he asks. Keya glares at him. “Because it’s not me. I know who it is.”

“So why is he asking you?” Zelo asks. Keya looks at him. “Because I live in the same apartment as the person.” she states. At that the others immediately look at Suyun. Suyun shakes her head. “Nope. Not me.” she states. Youngjae looks at Keya. “But I thought Stacy was engaged?” he asks.

“She’s talking about Lina.” Yongguk states. Keya looks at Yongguk. “Thank you.” she says before turning back to the others. “You’re correct, Stacy is engaged. I know the guy and he’s cool, so I wouldn’t try to break them up.” she states. “And yes, he likes Lina.” she states.

“So again, why is he asking you? Why not Stacy? Lina is her VJ, is she not?” Himchan asks. Keya lets out a snort as Suyun looks at him. “It’s because as we all know, Stacy talks too much.” she informs. “And think about. If he asks Keya to meet with him, I automatically go with her. So if he needs pointers from me, whose Lina’s sister, I’ll already be there.”

The others nod as they listen to what Suyun says. Keya shakes her head. “You guys are a mess.” she states. “You guys think someone is showing interest in me and you all act like you’re ready to take him down.” she states. Jongup shrugs. “Because I’m sure we all would.” he says. Daehyun lays his arm over Keya’s shoulder making her look at him.

“Since the show started you and Suyun became family. And I’m sure we’ve all become a little protective over you two.” Daehyun states. “You know, for one reason or another.” Keya watches him as his eyes travel to Yongguk before back at her. “Stop that right now.” Keya says. Daehyun shrugs. “I’m just say-” Daehyun is cut off by Keya punching him in the arm, making the others laugh. “I said stop It.” she says. Daehyun smiles at her. “Fine, fine.” he says. “I’ll just say it later.” he states. The others laugh as Keya moves to hit him again.

It wasn’t long before the van slows down to pull up in front of a certain building. “Fans be on it.” Keya says looking out the van window. In front of the building there were groups of fans on either side of the doors. They all stood behind crowd control ropes. A few security guards also stood outside, waiting.

Screams from the fans started before the van even came to a complete stop. “I can’t see how you guys got used to this.” Suyun says. As second later her door was opened for her. The screams got louder as she steps out the van. Suyun waves to them before she grabs her camera. Suyun positions the camera on her shoulder as the security guard that opened her door then moves to open the back door.

As the others file out the van, they greet the fans before following Suyun to the building. Once inside, the group is told that someone would be coming down to meet them. It was only a few minutes before the group was greeted by a woman with long black hair. “Good afternoon, BAP.” she greets. “I’m Lee Sunhee. I’ll be one of the interviewers working with you all today.”

Shaking hands with Sunhee, the group introduces themselves to Sunhee. “I’ve come down to lead you all to where we’ll have the interview at.” Sunhee states. Having the group follow her, she leads them across the hall. “We’ll be using the studio on the 16th floor.” she states.

As they stop in front of the elevators, the group immediately looks at Keya. “Uh… Is there’s a staircase right?” Keya asks. Sunhee turns to her. “Yes, just down the hall.” she states pointing. Farther down there was a door, but it had yellow tape across it with a ‘Do Not Enter’ sign. “The lower levels are currently closed off. Since this is our low volume time we’re having them redone right now.” she informs.

“Uh huh…” Keya mumbles before looking around. “What about the back-up staircase?” she asks. “Places this big usually have more than one.” she states. Sunhee nods. “We do have one… but it’s at the back of the building.” she states. Cursing in her head, Keya groans outwardly. She then looks at the elevator with a frown.

“I would lead you all that way if it’ll be better. But I wouldn’t want you all to be late for the interview.” Sunhee states. After a moment, Keya shakes her head. “No… no that’s okay… We’ll… we’ll take the elevator.” she says. Wide eyed the group looks at Keya. “What? Keya?” Youngjae asks. “Are you sure about that?” he asks. Clearing , Keya nods. “Yeah… yeah, it’s okay.”

Sunhee hesitantly looks around at all of them before nodding and pressing the button to retrieve the elevator. “It’s just the first ten floors that are being redone today. So at Floor 11, we can get off there and walk the rest of the way up.” she suggests. After a minute or two the elevator doors open. The group stands to the side as those in the elevator steps out.

Once the elevator was empty, Sunhee steps into the elevator. As the others begin to follow her in, Keya feels a hand on her shoulder. “Are you really sure about this?” Keya turns her head and looks at Yongguk. She then nods. “Yeah… I mean I don’t want to make anyone late.” she states. When Yongguk just stares at her, she gives him a small smile. “Say something if it gets too much.” he states.

Keya nods before taking a deep breath. Stepping into the elevator, she moves over to a wall, and immediately grabs into the railing. Joining the others, Yongguk moves to stand in front of Keya. Yongguk looks back at her before looking at Sunhee and nodding. With that Sunhee presses the button for the 11th floor.

Keya winches as the door close. Her grip on the railing tightening a bit as the elevator jolts to a start. Daehyun and Youngjae leads the group in light conversation as the elevator rises. Half paying attention to the conversation, Keya nods along to what they were saying. Raising her glance, she looks up to see that they were passing the third floor.

“Holy Hell.” Keya whispers when the elevator dings and comes to a stop. The door then opens to reveal three others waiting for the elevator. The group moves to one side to let the newcomers into the elevator. “You okay?” Daehyun asks in a low voice. Taking a few deep breaths, Keya nods. “Yeah, I’m good.”

Keya calms herself as the elevator begins to rise again. But her effort goes to waste when the elevator dings and stops again. Feeling her heart beat pick up and her palms become sweaty, Keya starts taking deeper and longer breaths to calm herself again. Closing her eyes, her grip on the railing tightens as her other hand clenches the bottom of her shirt.

As another ding goes through the elevator, Keya hears warning bell sound off in her head. Snapping open her eyes, she sees the door to the elevator opening once again. She wants to move toward the doors but her legs feels as if they weighed a ton. Frozen in spot, Keya opens to say something, only to feel as if tightening on her. A pouncing sound deafens her hearing. The sound a result of her heart rate speeding up as she fought to keep her breathing under control but was quickly losing.

Panicking, Keya lets go of the railing and grabs into the back of Yongguk’s shirt. She then pulls on his shirt to get his attention causing him to turn around. She thinks she hears her name but the ringing and pounding sounds in her head was getting louder by the second and her vision starts getting blurry.

Keya blinks rapidly to refocus her sight. It clears enough for Keya to see Yongguk lean down until he was face level with her. She watches as his mouth moves but she hears nothing. Keya opens to say anything, but only to be met with the same results as the first time; her vision becoming blurry again. “Keya” Unable to respond, Keya feels her legs give out before everything goes black.

 

~~

“Daehyun texted me and said they’ll be doing a small break from interview soon.” Suyun says. She held her camera in one hand and her phone in the other. “Sunhee explained what happened so they’ll do the photos after the interview is done.” she informs. She messages Daehyun back before looking down at Yongguk, who sat on a bench. Keya laid stretched out next to him on the bench, her head resting on his leg.

“We’ll join them once she wakes up.” Yongguk says. “They probably already took their individual ones. So we’ll just have to do the group photos.” he states. Suyun nods. “Luckily after this is practice, so we’ll have to worry about any more excitement going on today. Hopefully, that’s it.” she states. Yongguk nods. “We’re definitely taking the back stairs down.”

The sound of a sharp intake of breath catches their attention. “Yongguk” The two look down to see Keya blinking up at them causing them to let out sighs of relief. Keya slowly sits up as Yongguk hands her her glasses. “Yongguk, your leg is too skinny, you should eat more.” Keya states as she puts on her glasses. Suyun uses her hand holding her phone to cover as she snorts while Yongguk looks at Keya in disbelief.

“After fainting and scaring the hell out of us, the first thing you have to say is that I’m too skinny?” Yongguk asks. Keya shrugs. “Sorry, it was my first thought since that’s where my head was.” she explains. “Well actually the first thought was ‘Oh my Siwon, I’m alive.’ But you know what I mean. And plus it’s true.”

“If I promise to eat every time you eat, would it please you so that we can talk about the real topic here?” Yongguk asks. Keya nods causing Suyun to laugh again. “I thought I told you to tell me when it was too much.” Yongguk states. Keya lowers her head. “I tried but it didn’t work.” she says. Yongguk sighs. “Because you tried after the panicking started. I wanted you to say something beforehand to prevent that.”

A ringing makes the two look up at Suyun. “It’s Daehyun.” she states. Answering the phones, she puts it up to her ear. “Don’t worry, she’s awake.” she says. Moving the phone from her ear she looks at the two sitting. “I’ll be right back.” she states. Putting the phone back to her ear, she was a down the hall a bit. “Hey, can you inform…”

Looking away from Suyun, Keya looks at Yongguk. “I’m sorry.” she whispers. Yongguk sighs. Lifting one of his hands, he reaches out and run it through Keya’s hair. Letting out a small sigh of her own, Keya leans her head onto Yongguk’s hand. “You’re feeling okay right now?” he asks to which Keya nods. “Then everything fine.” he says dropping his hand and standing up. “Please don’t worry us like this again. When we get up there first thing is to have you drink something.” he adds. Standing up also, Keya gives a small smile. “Thank you.” she says hugging him. Yongguk smiles. “Don’t mention it Princess.”

“Ready to go?” Not letting go of Yongguk, Keya looks around him to see Suyun walking back toward them. Keya nods. “Yes…” she starts. “Wait, what floor are we on? The last floor I remember is the 5th. We don’t have to get back on the elevator, do we?” she asks. Suyun smiles. “Don’t worry; we’re on the 11th floor. So it’s okay for us to take the stairs.” she informs. Keya lets out a sigh. “Oh good.” she says.

Keya drops her arms from around Yongguk and takes his hand instead. “Okay, come on. Time to get you to the interview.” she says. She then pulls him down the hall, Suyun right behind him. “Why does she seem more energetic now?” Yongguk asks as they walk through a door. Suyun lets out a small laugh as they make their way up the staircase. “Because she doesn’t have to get on another elevator today.” she says. “We should be glad that she’s calm and bounced back like this. Could have been worse.”

 

~~

There is Chapter 13.

Of all the characters I have ever come up with since I've started writing, I could say that Keya is the one who is the closet to how I am. I mean all my original characters all share at least some of my characteristics. But Keya is like 90% of me on paper. Most of the things that I've used for her like childhood facts(l was actually on a stomping team with my sisters and cousin) and interests are mine. I also hate elevators and I never get on and always take the stairs unless i absoluty have to. Though I didn't actually have a Jake, that part is fiction. Though I do have a Stacy. And she's 100% like my friend. Completely crazy and she knows it. XD

Thank you all for reading and enjoying my story. I will update again soon. :)