Chapter 5 - Results, Favorites & Secret

Introducing K-pop: Season 1

Chapter 5 - Results, Favorites & Secret

 


“It starts at 6, right?” Keya asks. She was currently following Stacy down the stairs. They were on their way to the lobby. Tonight, the first episode of ‘Introducing K-pop’ was airing and the cast decided to watch it together. “Yeah, so we still have like a good fifteen minutes.” Stacy states as they walk through the door at the bottom of the staircase.

“Good afternoon all.” they greet. The others and their VJs all sat and stood around the lobby. They had turned the small couch around to face the TV. As someone turns on the TV and change to the correct channel, Stacy and Keya moves over to the table where Suyun and Lina sat.

“Ready to see yourselves on TV?” Lina asks as the two stop in front of their table. Stacy nods as Keya shakes her head. “It feels like it’ll be weird.” Keya says. “I always feel embarrassed when I hear or see myself in a video.” she adds. Stacy shrugs. “You’re going to have to get used to It.” she says patting her on the back.

“At least you were okay with taking pictures.” Suyun says. “They came out great.” she adds. Keya nods.”Yeah, sometimes it’s embarrassing to look at those too. But I’ve gotten used to pictures.” she states. She then looks around the room. “Oh yeah, did Haneul even announce who won first on the mission?” she asks.

Stacy shakes her head. “Not yet. But she told me that professionals were going to pick who’s where the best.” she says. “Haneul should be here though, she said she’ll be coming to watch the airing with us.” she adds. Lina looks at them. “She should actually be here soon. The show will be starting soon.”

As if on cue, the entrance door opens. The group turns to see Haneul step into the building. “Hello and good evening all.” she greets sitting down the bag she was carrying. “I see you all are ready for the airing.” she says and the group lets out a round of greeting back. “Well, special surprise for you all.” she continues, “Since this is the first episode, I wanted everyone to watch it together. And by luck I was able to get everyone.”

Seeing the confused look on the faces of the sixteen in the room, Haneul lets out a small laugh. “Please make our guest for the night feel welcomed.” she states as she moves back to the door and holds it open. Stepping back, she motions for whoever was outside to come in.

A second later the girls of A-Pink step through the door. Greeting those in the room, they move to make room who the next to come in after them. Following them the girls of Mamamoo walks in. They were then followed by Boyfriend, B.A.P, 2PM, and Super Junior. Moving though the idol members, Haneul smiles at the surprised looks on the cast members faces. “Didn’t I just say everyone?” she asks with a small laugh.

After rearranging the furniture around a bit more, everyone move to find places to sit. Half of them sat on chairs and couches as the others found spots on the floor, talking amongst themselves as they wait for the show to start. “Talk about crowded.” Keya says. She sat on the floor in front of the couch. “You’re okay right?” Stacy asks. She sat at an end spot on the couch behind Keya.

“Are you claustrophobic? Or Enochlophobic?” asks Wheein who sat next to Stacy. Keya shrugs. “A little claustrophobic.” she states. Youngjae, who sat on the floor in front of Wheein, turns around. “I say she’s a bit of a mixture between claustrophobic and cleithrophobic. Especially when she faces elevators.”

Keya looks at him. “Hey you never know what can happen.” she says. Keya feels a pat on her shoulder. She turns and looks at Daehyun who sat on the other side of her. “We know; if you start feeling panicky, inform us so that we can give you space.” he says. Keya nods as she sits back and leans against Stacy’s legs.

“Okay, everyone, before the show start, how about we take a group picture.” Haneul suggests. Standing up from her spot, sitting on the armrest of one of the couches, Haneul takes out her phone. “I’ll post it onto the show’s website site and SNS accounts.” she states. She then presses a few times on her phone screen.

“Oh, the challenge of getting like 50 people into one photo.” Taecyeon states. “Can you do it?” he asks. Haneul smiles. “Of course. That’s what selca sticks is for.” she states. Walking over to the bookcase in the room, Haneul picks up the small compact device that sat there. “We just have to find the right spot.” she states.

Putting her phone on the compartment at the end, Haneul moves back over to the group. Setting up her phone, she then stretches out the stick before holding it out and above. After minutes of the group different instructions and some people moving, they finally got it right and Haneul was able to take a photo.

“Oh it’s starting,” someone announces. With that, those who moved back to their seating spots and the group turned their focus onto the TV in front of them.

 

~~~

As the show ends and shows preview for the next episode rolls, the groups lets out a round of applauds. “Did everyone have fun watching the first episode?” Haneul asks and the group lets out another round of cheers. Haneul smiles. “That’s good. And it was a great first episode. I hope viewers think so too.”

“Now, since everyone is here and the show is over,” Haneul starts. She moves to pick up the bag she sat down earlier. “How about we announce the winner of the first mission?” she asks. “The mission was for you all to take your own group pictures.” she states. “The pictures you took will serve as your official photos for the show.”

“Really? That’s awesome.” Victor states and the others nod in agreement. Haneul smiles. “After the shoots we visited a few professional photographers to choose which set they liked the most.” she informs. “They praised you all on how natural the photos come out. As if the message of the photos where to invite others to come and join. They all liked that and were happy that you all chose that route. Especially since the show we’re doing is about the interactions like that.”

“They had a hard time choosing, but in the end, one group won.” Haneul states as she takes a small envelope out the bag. “And that group is…” the group starts a drum beat as she builds up the suspense. The room then goes silent as she opens the envelope. “The winning group is... A-Pink and their paired cast members and VJs.”

The group lets out cheers as the ten stands up and moves over to Haneul. “Thank you.” As they stand next to her, Haneul smiles at them. She then holds out the envelope to them. “Now, how about I tell you what you get to do since your group won this mission.” Haneul says as one of them takes the envelope. With that, the room goes silent to hear her.

“Since this was the start of the missions, the first prize is small but it might give you an advantage. The prize is you get to choose the next mission from the opinions on the slip.” Haneul informs, pointing at the envelope. “Look over the options and discuss the chooses.” she states. The group nod as they huddle together and look at the sheet.

“Oh and as an extra bonus, you eight will be able to come up with some of the rules for the next mission too.” Haneul adds. As the group discusses the options amongst themselves, Haneul then turns to the others. “Now, onto the prize that everyone gets for participating in the mission.” she says holding up the bag.

Pulling out small books, Haneul walks around and hands them to the cast members and the VJs. “These books contains the photos that the groups took.” she explains. “For you, idols, your copies are the small wrapped gifts that we gave you earlier.” she adds. As they look through the books, Haneul walks back over to the ten that where still talking amongst themselves.

“So, have you all come to a decision?” Haneul asks. The group turns to her and nods. Haneul tilts her head. “Okay, go ahead and announce what you’ve decided the next mission to be.” she says motioning toward the others. The group nod and turns to the others. “Okay, we chose the next mission to be a dance competition.” Na Eun announces.

“Whaaat? Really?” someone asks. Haneul smiles. “Now, don’t get too excited right away.” she states. “Remember that there’s always twists.” she says. “Plus don’t forget that there’s still the prize that they get to help choose the rules.” she adds.

“A dance competition sounds fun to me.” Minwoo states. Some of the others nod in agreement. Haneul looks at the ten next to her. “You all start thinking of some rules that you think would be great.” she says. “We will be introducing the full mission to you all on the 3rd. So you have less than two weeks to think of what rules you’ll like. Try coming up with some before the 1st, okay? Just in case.”

After about another half hour of conversation, the group decided to call it a day. After saying their good-byes, the idols and Haneul take their leave. After they leave the cast members and VJs move to make their way to their own rooms.

“This is going to be interesting.” Lina says as they walk up the stairs. The others nod. “Yeah, I wonder what the twists are going to be though.” Keya says. Stacy looks at her. “Something that’s going to make it interesting. Probably something that they think will raise ratings.” she states. “Surprises most of the time does the trick.”

“I’m wondering who’ll be the judges if we have the competition.” Suyun says. The three look at her. “Oh, yeah...” Keya pushes up her glasses. “Maybe they’ll bring in some professional dancers to judge. Like with the photos.” she states. Lina nods. “Yeah, that or have the viewers decide the winner.”

“It’ll still be fun. Dance competitions are always fun to watch.” Stacy says. “Just hope I don’t fall on my face during It.” she says laughing. Keya look at her. “I’m sure that’s what all of us are thinking. Sure some of us know group dances but I doubt that’s what we’ll be dancing to. And who knows how long they’re going to give us to learn.” she states.

“The surprisingly hard work of being part of a variety reality show.” Stacy says. “This is a great experience and I met some awesome people.” she states. The other three looks at her and smiles. “I believe it’s worth it though. If we don’t work hard then the show won’t stand a chance at being well liked.”

 

~~~

“Are you ready Keya?” Suyun asks. Singing along to her phone what was ringing, Keya walks out her room and grabs her bag. “Yeah, I’m good to go.” she says. “I can’t believe we agreed to this though.” she sighing. Suyun lets out a small laugh. “It’ll do some good in the long run.” she says as she picks up her bag and camera before following Keya to the door. “Okay, we both have our keys and bags.” she says as they put on their shoes.

Getting a nod from Keya, Suyun opens the door and the two walk out. Shutting the door fully, the two have their way down the hall to the staircase. “They’re here already right?” Keya asks. Suyun nods. “Yeah, Himchan messaged me, since he didn’t think you’d reply.” she states. Keya smiles. “Smart man.” she says with a laugh.

Walking through the stairwell’s door, the two enter the lobby. “Even though it’s this early, I guess everyone else is either already gone or getting ready. There’s probably like one or two still sleeping.” she says. Suyun nods. “It’s something to really get used to.” she states as they walk to the building entrance.

Stopping at the door, the two zip up their jackets. Suyun then lifts her camera up onto her shoulder. “Okay, all set.” she states. Nodding, Keya pushes out the door and holds it for Suyun. “Thank you.” Suyun says as she turns on the camera before stepping out the building. Following behind her, Keya pulls shut the door.

In front of the building was parked a silver van. “Good morning, ladies.” The side door of the van slides open and the boys of BAP begin to file out. The two greet the boys as they join them in front of the building. “Okay this morning’s walk with be to and through the park that’s not too far from here.” Himchan informs.

With that the group begins walking down the street. As the group begin talking amongst themselves, Keya moves over to Jongup. “Okay, finally watched that anime we were talking about.” she states. Jongup looks at her. “And did you like it?” he asks. Keya nods. “Yeah, for the most part. I say it’s a good show.” she states.

Jongup nods. “I thought you might like It.” he states. “Did you ever get caught up on One Piece?” he asks. Keya shakes her head. “Not, not yet.” she says sighing. “But I’m getting there. I mean, I have to catch up on both the manga and the anime.” she informs. “It’s rough, but I’m getting there. How about you, how far have you got in watching Kyo Kara Maoh?” she asks.

Jongup tilts his head. “I think I got as far as Episode 40.” he states. “It’s interesting and fun to watch.” he adds. Keya nods. “It always stayed entertaining for me, so I recommend it to others.” she says.

“Look at you two. You start talking about anime and manga and just go off into your own little world.” The two look up to see that Daehyun was now walking backwards in front of them holding Suyun’s camera. Keya looks at Suyun, who just shrugs. “He asked if he could film for a while.” she informs.

“Keya, I’m your best friend, you should hang out with me more.” Daehyun says. Keya lets out a small laugh. “Daehyun, you’re usually the person I’m next to when I join the group.” she states. Daehyun nods. “Yes, until you and Jongup get into you’re A&M World. Then I feel left out.” he states.

“Are you trying to make her chose behind her best friend and husband?” Zelo asks. “What type of best friend is that?” he asks making the others laugh. “You can’t make her pick favorites.” he adds. Daehyun looks at him. “Well of course I can.” he states. He then looks back at Keya.

“Oh, yeah, speaking of favorites, we all know that Super Junior is your #1 group. Who’s your #2?” Daehyun asks. Keya looks at him. “Oh, DBSK/JYJ.” she states. Youngjae looks at her. “Please tell me we’re in the top five.” he states. Keya lets out a small laugh. “Of course. You guys and Boyfriend are basically tied at #3. You’re two different types of groups, but you all are awesome. So it’s hard for me to choose. And # 5 is Shinhwa.” she states.

“Thanks for the compliment. You know what I find a little weird is, you’re bias in our group has been stated as Yongguk by Stacy, but you spend more time with Jongup and Daehyun.” Himchan states. Keya shrugs. “I can’t explain that one myself.” she states. Yongguk looks at her. “Well, have your bias changed since joining us? That could be an explanation.” he states.

Keya shakes her head. “No, you’re still my bias. I’m sure of that.” she states. Suyun tilts her head. “Why is he your bias?” she asks. “You know putting aside his voice.” she states. Keya lets out a small laugh. “Ah, you’re growing to know me well.” she says. “But it’s because he’s adorable.” she states.

A silence follows as the group looks at Yongguk. “I’m pretty sure this is the first time that I have ever heard anyone call Yongguk adorable with a serious face. And say that that’s the reason they like him.” Himchan states. The others nod in agreement. Keya looks around at the others. “What? It’s very true though. I mean yeah, I like that he’s also very charismatic, a great person, and a great leader…” she starts. “But come on, I know everyone here has seen that gummy smile of his that he displays when he’s very happy. I mean, that’s one of the best smiles in the world, in my opinion.”

“Oh you mean the smile that’s appearing on his face now?” Jongup asks. Yongguk raises a hand to over his mouth as he turns away from the others. “See, adorable.” Keya says. “Just because he fails at aegyo doesn’t mean he can’t be adorable at times.” she states. Zelo smiles. “So then given the chance, would you date him?” he asks.

Keya feels her face heat up a bit. “Ah, if it was to happen naturally, yes.” she states. Suyun looks at her. “What about the other members?” she asks. Keya looks at her. “You are really throwing out the main questions, aren’t you?” she asks. Suyun smiles. “Someone has to ask them.” she says with a small laugh.

Keya adjusts her glasses before folding her arms. “Well first, Zelo, I love you, but you remind me of my brother so I would have to sibling-zone you. Himchan, you’re too… I feel like you’re extraordinary so I would have to friend-zone you.” she starts. “Youngjae, you’re great to talk with but that’s it so that friend-zones you too. Daehyun, you’re food and friend-zoned. And Jongup… I would consider it. Just because you’re silent doesn’t mean you’re not a great person to have around. Plus we have a lot in common.”

“So the choice would be between the husband and the secret boyfriend. Why am I not surprised?” Daehyun states making the others laugh. Suyun looks at him. “How is Yongguk the secret boyfriend?” she asks. Daehyun looks at her. “Because Yongguk is her favorite and she tries to get him to take off his clothes.” he states.

“Hey, that was only once.” Keya states. “That reminds me. They let us keep the outfits from the shoot, so where’s the shirt at Yongguk?” she asks turning her glance to him. Yongguk looks back at her. “But it’s my shirt.” he states. Keya shrugs. “It can be ours, we can share It.” she states making the others laugh.

Before Yongguk could reply a ring feels the air. “Oh, it’s my Mom.” Keya says pulling her phone out her pocket. Putting the phone up to her ear, Keya answers. “Hey put her on speaker.” Daehyun says as they stop walking. Keya nods before moving the phone away from her ear and pressing on the screen. “Say hi to everyone, Mom.”

 

“Hello, all.” the voice on the other line calls.

“Hi Mom.” the group greets back.

“How are you all doing?”

“We’re fine, just doing our daily morning walk now.” Youngjae answers.

“Oh yes, Keya told me you all decided on her and Suyun joining work-out. She’s a bit lazy, she need it.” Mom answers.

“Oh thanks so much for that.” Keya replies.

“Just telling it like it is.”

“Oh so Mom, I have a question for you.” Suyun asks.

“Sure Honey, what is it?”

“Who of the members do you think would make a good son-in-law?” Suyun asks.

“Why are you asking my Mom this question?” Keya asks.

“Who wouldn’t want to be chosen by a Mom as an ideal son-in-law?” Himchan asks.

“You all are good boys.” Mom begins answering. “But Chan’s too pretty; there’s no chemical with Jae; Zelo’s like her brother; and Dae, it’s great that you love to eat because so does she, but she likes baking more than cooking and her doing either is on a very irregular schedule. Yong and Jong are probably the most fitting for her.”

“Wow, they both said the same thing.” Jongup states as they start walking again.

“Oh, before I let you all get back to your routine, Keya I got a letter yesterday and a call from Madison and Jessie earlier today.”

“Really? Did they draw pictures again? Send it to me. I messaged them like three days ago but I know that they’re busy with practices. So I told them to just message back when either of them finally has down time. But I haven’t checked my email since then.” Keya states.

“Don’t worry, they’re fine. Madison told me that she’ll be messaging you back after she got done talking with me. So you should have an unread message. They’re a little sad right now because Sara has left. But they said that they got a number so that they can stay in contact.”

“Aw, their best friend. I hope she’s not far so that Madison and Jessie will be able to visit her.”

“I think they’re a state or two over. So that’s not too bad.”

“It can be a place to visit during breaks. I’ll plan it all out after I’m home.”

“Okay then. I’ll get you go. I’ll spend you that photo and talk to you later. Bye all.”

“Bye Mom.”

 

Hanging up the phone, Keya puts it back into her pocket. “So, Keya” Keya turns to Zelo. “Who are Madison and Jessie? Your face practically light up when your Mom mentioned their names.” he states. Keya smiles. “Because they’re my baby angels. Madison and Jessie are my daughters.” As the others look at her with wide eyes, Daehyun and Suyun let out sighs.

“Her soon-to-be adopted daughters.” Daehyun states. He then looks at Keya. “Why do you never explain that completely?” he asks. Keya shrugs. “Because I don’t care about the ‘adopted’ part too much. Adopted or not, they’ll still be my daughters.” she says. She then looks at the others. “After filming this show, once I’m back in the states, I’m completing the forms for them to officially be my daughters.”

“Seems you got a lot going on.” Himchan states. Keya nods. “Yeah, but everything has been going good. So I’m going to try to make sure it stays that way.” she says. Continuing their walk, the group proceeds through the park. After walking two laps around the park, the group heads back to the building. Once back the group climbs into the van to head toward the gym where they would continue their work-out routine.

 

~~~

“I’m not used to this.” Keya groans as she sits forward, rubbing her thigh. The group had just got done with their workout and was now on their way to the agency’s building. Daehyun, who sat on the side of her, pats her on the shoulder. “You’ll get used to it within these next few months.” he says.

“Watch, it’ll become so routine to you when you go back home, that you’ll without thinking will get up and start working out.” Himchan states and the others nod in agreement. Keya lets out a breath as she sits back. “Don’t say that. My job is already a workout. I don’t need two of them.” she says with a small laugh.

“But don’t relax just yet.” Suyun states. “Next is practice.” she informs. Keya turns and looks at her. “You just had to remind me didn’t you.” she says. It wasn’t long before the van stops in front of their designated place. Filing out, the group walks to the building. “We still have like 30 minutes before practice time starts, but I wouldn’t suggest getting too relaxed.” Yongguk states as they walk into the building.

“Oh, hey boys.” At the greeting, the group turns to see four girls walking toward them. “Oh, it’s Secret.” Suyun announces. The group greets the girls as they stop in front of them. “You’re filming for MNet right now right?” Sunhwa asks. “We watched the first episode to show support.” she says. Daehyun pushes Suyun and Keya forward. “These two are our new members. Keya Rose and Choi Suyun.” he introduces. “Keya, Suyun, meet the ladies of Secret.”

After they all greet each other personally, Hana looks at the two girls. “How are you two doing being with these boys all day?” she asks. Hyosung turns to them. “Yeah, if they’re being mean, just let us know, we’ll back you girls up.” she says with a small laugh. Daehyun looks at her. “Hey we’ve been great company.” he says. “And she threatened me yesterday.”

Keya looks at him. “I did. But that just means that I’m getting comfortable being around you.” she states. Daehyun looks at her. “I think I remember your friend saying something about this on introduction day.” he says. Keya nods. “She did. You’ll get used to it.”

The two groups spend the next few minutes chatting together until it was time for the girls of Secret to head out for their next schedule. Suyun look at Keya as they follow the boys down the hall. “I like them. They’re nice.” she says. Keya nods. “I think so too. I hope we get to hang out with them more.”

 

 

Here's Chapter 5. Thanks for reading. ^_^