Chapter 17 - Favorite Week

Introducing K-pop: Season 1

Chapter 17 - Favorite Week
 


 

“Hello, good afternoon all.” Haneul says. The cast, VJs, and idols once again found themselves inside the gym that was used for the ballroom competition. “So, everyone we are gathers here today for our next mission.” Haneul states. “And it’s called ‘Favorite Week’.” she says. “So first cast members and VJs, please come over near me.”

 

Doing as told the sixteen leave from near their groups and move to stand beside Haneul. “Good, now let me explain this mission. It’s very simple actually.” she says looking around at everyone before moving so that she was standing in between the two groups. She then turns to the idols. “After our cast was sent their acceptance letters, we communicated back and forward with them so that everything was okay when it was time to begin filming.” she states.

 

“During that, one of the things we asked them, with the exception of Stacy, was: Who are you favorite idol groups.” Haneul states. “They were instructed to reply back with a list, listing their top 10 choices. And luckily the six groups here made it into the top five somewhere within at least one of the seven cast members who were asked.” she explains. “We actually asked the VJs also who they would like to film with. The VJs were actually assigned to the cast member who they had the most in common with.”

 

Haneul then turns to the cast and VJs and smiles. “Starting tomorrow you all will be switched to a different group for a full week. And the group you will be switching to is one of your favorite groups.” she explains. The cast members all stare silently at Haneul. Letting out a laugh, Haneul looks around at them. “What? No response at all?” she asks.

 

Stacy looks around at the other cast members. “No, I think they all have responses.” she says. “But in the words of my friend here…” she starts, motioning toward Keya. “I think ‘Oh, Holy Hell’ would be the only thing to come out their mouths.” she states making the others laugh. “I don’t think they’re ready for this.”

 

Haneul smiles. “It’ll be okay.” she says. “You all will have a whole with to make a dream come true and spend time with you favorite idol group.” she says. “The weeklong arrangements are: Victor and VJ Suwook with Mamamoo; Carine and VJ Jayeon with B.A.P.; Yasmin and VJ Miseo with 2PM; Keya, Charles, VJ Suyun, and VJ Wonjae with Super Junior; Sai, Stacy, VJ Jaerim and VJ Lina with A-Pink; Xiong and VJ Dojin with Boyfriend.” she informs and the group lets out an applause. “You all will have a great time so don’t worry.” she states. She then let them have time to conversant with each other.

 

Keya looks at Stacy. “Well, there goes a week within your two week time limit.” she states. Stacy looks at her with a raised brow. “Oh, this still counts.” she replies making Lina and Suyun laugh. Keya shakes her head. “But I won’t even be near him.” she says. Stacy smiles. “Exactly. It’ll make him think.” she says. Keya looks at Suyun and Lina who both shrug.

 

“Oh, speaking of thinking…” Keya says looking around. “I’ll be right back.” she says. Walking away from the three girls, she moves until she was next to a certain person. “My bro, Charles.” she greets, throwing her arm over his shoulder. Charles and Sai, who he was standing with, turn and smile at her. “Hey Keya. What’s up?” he asks.


“That’s what I’ll like to ask.” Keya says. “It’s been a month and I have seen nothing happening between you and Lina.” she says. Sai sighs. “That’s because he’s scared.” he says. Dropping her arm from his shoulder, Keya moves and stands in front of Charles. “Really?” she asks putting her hands on her hips. Sai moves to stand next to her and does the same pose. “Yeah, man up.”

 

 Charles sighs. “Agh, you guys. I get nervous when I’m near her.” he states. Sai rolls his eyes and looks at Keya. “But when talking to her, he doesn’t seems like he’s nervous.” he states. Keya looks at him and nods. “I know right.” she says. “And she obviously enjoys the conversations, whether wise she’ll make up an excuse to leave.”

 

“Just ask her on a date already.” Sai states. Keya tilts her head to the side. “A week is your time limit.” she says. “So that means before we leave from Super Junior, you better have asked her out already.” she states. Sai nods. “Or we’re going to stop helping you. Then you can just reply on your own experiences…Which is none.” he states.

 

Charles sighs. “Okay, okay. I’ll listen to you two.” he states. Sai looks at Keya. “So he says.”

 

~~

 

“Well, we can now cross this off the bucket list.” Charles says. He stood next to Keya, Suyun, and Wonjae in the hall of the KBS building where Sukira was to be recorded. Keya nods. “Do you remember who today’s guest is?” she asks. Wonjae looks at her. “I think it’s that group that you became friends with on Let’s Play.” he states. Keya blinks. ‘Monsta X?” she asks.

 

“Hey it’s Keya and Suyun.” The four standing there turns to see the boys of Monsta X walking toward them. “Hey guys!” Keya greets happily. Suyun introduces the group to Charles and Wonjae. “What are you two doing here? Is B.A.P here too today?” Wonho asks. The two girls shake their heads. “For this week we’ve been switched to spend time with one of our #1 group.” Suyun explains.

 

“And of course that meant me going to Super Junior.” Keya says. “And it’s awesome because now we get to hang out a bit.” she says. Jooheon looks at her. “You two have just over three months left of this, we should find time to meet up.” he states. Kihyun nods. “When the show is over Keya, you have to come and visit again so that everyone can hang out too.” he states.

 

Keya lets out a small laugh. “Let me get through the next three months then we’ll think about when my next trip will happen.” she says. Everyone chats together for a bit before they’re ushered into the recording room. Greeting Leeteuk, they all find seats around the table and pick up the headphones that were prepared for them.

 

~~

 

“So why haven’t he asked Lina out yet?” Suyun looks up from her spot of leaning on Keya’s back as Keya was playing a game of SOS with Kyuhyun. Across the table from them Ryeowook and Yesung sat with Charles. “Because he’s a wuss.” Keya states without looking up from the paper as she takes her turn.

 

Suyun lets out a small laugh. “He doesn’t know how to ask her out.” she states. “But he has until the end of the week to do it or no one is helping him anymore.” she adds. Ryeowook and Yesung nod before looking back at Charles. “Well you don’t seem to have a problem talking to her. Just smoothly slide it into the conversation.” Ryeowook says.

 

“Yeah like ‘Speaking of ‘such and such’ would you like to go on a date with me to ‘such and such’.” Yesung says. Kyuhyun looks up. “Or use the loose term of hanging out.” he says. “Ask her to hang out together first then ask her out on a date.” he states. Ryeowook shrugs. “That works too. You can hang out with a few people first, then lower the number until it’s just you two.” he suggests.

 

“He really just lacks the confidence.” Keya says. Suyun nods. “He’ll probably be fine if he’ll just ask her out.” she states. Yesung looks at her. “Does Lina know he likes her?” he asks. After a moment of thinking, Suyun nods. “I mean recently he hasn’t really been hiding the fact.” she states. “She asks if we thought he liked her.”

 

“And of course you girls said yes.” Charles says covering his face with his hands. Ryeowook tilts his head. “But if she know you like her and she hasn’t done anything to discourage you, doesn’t that mean you have a good chance of her saying yes when you ask her?” he asks. Suyun nods. “That what we think.”

 

“Where did you find this game?” Kyuhyun asks Keya as he looks down at the paper. Keya shrugs as she takes her turn. “I don’t remember. Me and my sister played it a lot in elementary and middle school.” she states. Kyuhyun looks at her. “You girls played brain games?” he asks. Keya shrugs again. “Hey we just thought of it as one of the many games you can play when only thing you have is a piece of paper and a pencil.” she states.

 

“Once you get close to having a lot of the squares filled, that’s when you really have to think.” Suyun says. Charles leans over the table and looks at the paper. “You guys should try playing on this game on a time limit.” he suggests. “It’ll really get your brain thinking. You won’t be able to just sit back and think. You’ll have to be thinking ahead by like five moves.”

 

Keya looks at him. “Well, I do that anyways.” she says. “Logic puzzles and games are life.” she says. Suyun tilts her head. “I thought plaid was life.” she says. Keya looks back down at the paper. “Plaid is my life in color form.” she states. Kyuhyun lets out a laugh as he takes his turn. “I like this girl.” he says. “We have to hang out more.”

 

Keya looks up at Suyun. “My life is now 90% complete.” she says making the others laugh. Ryeowook looks at her. “Why only 90%?” he asks. “What’s the other 10%?” he asks. Suyun looks at him. “Oh, I’ll say 5% is her completing the adoption papers for her two soon to be daughters.” she states.

 

“And the other 5%?” Yesung asks. Charles smiles. “Officially dating Bang Yongguk.” he states. Feeling her face heat up, Keya lowers her head. “I thought you two were already dating.” Kyuhyun states. Ryeowook nods. “Yeah the way Stacy was talking we automatically thought you two were.” he states.

 

Keya shakes her head. “I swear that girl never knows when to not talk.” she says. Suyun laughs. “But she’s your Bestest friend.” she states. Keya sighs. “I know. I’m stuck with her for the rest of my life.” she says. Keya looks around. “You all are now friends with her, so you all are too.” she states. “Welcome to the world of Stacy.” she says laughing.

 

“You two must have been very close in high school.”  Yesung says. “Did you two have a lot of classes together?” he asks. Keya shakes her head. “No. Actually, for our four years of high school, we only shared one class up until the last year of school and then we had none.” she reveals. Charles tilts his head. “Then how did you two become close?” he asks.

 

“Well we hang out before classes in the cafeteria. We also had the same lunch hours too. And for the class that we had together, we were always put in the same group.” Keya explains.

“What class was it?” Ryeowook asks.

“It was JROTC.”

“What does that stand for?”

“Junior Reserve Officers Training Crops.”

“A military class?”

“Yep, it was a fun class too. It mixed all the four grade levels together and it a lot of the lessons taught us great leadership skills. We even had to wear a uniform once a week.”

 

“That was your favorite part of it all, wasn’t it?” Kyuhyun asks. Keya smiles. “God, yes. I love official like uniforms.” she says. “In my last year, I was a Commander and you guys already know I walked around like I was a boss, proudly showing off my rank and ribbons.” she says laughing. Yesung looks at her. “So why didn’t you choose to go into the military after high school?” he asks.

 

Keya shrugs. “As much as I like the class, I can’t really see myself being in the military for the rest of my life. I like to do too much stuff on my own term. And I’m not that fond of how they work either.” she states. Ryeowook blinks. “But isn’t your brother in the military?” he asks. Keya nods. “Yeah and he’s stationed in Japan at one of the Air Force bases.” she states. “He wanted me to join. But eh…” she says shrugging.

 

“I wish I still had that uniform though.” Keya states making the others laugh. Suyun pats Keya on the shoulder. “Keya your weaknesses are so simple.” she says laughing. Yesung looks up at Suyun. “And what’s your weakness?” he asks. Suyun shrugs. “I don’t think I really have one.” she says. Keya lets out a snort.

 

“She’s lying. Dancers are her weaknesses. Like Jongup.” Keya reveals. Suyun feels her face heat up. “No they’re not. I just think that some dancers are really great. I can’t dance so it’s looks amazing to Me.” she says. Kyuhyun smiles. “Really? Then who’s your favorite members in Super Junior?” he asks.

 

Looking away, Suyun rubs the back of her neck. “Uhh…well, it’s Shindong and Eunhyuk.” she says. “But they’re not just great at dancing. They’re great at other things too.” she says hurriedly. The other five laugh as Suyun lets her head drop. “It’s okay Suyun everyone has certain things and types that they like.” Charles says.

 


A.N: And there's Chapter 17. This chapter is basically a filler chapter before the drama that we all know is sure to come. I actually wanted to make this chapter a bit longer since it's her with her favorite group, but I couldn't think of anything during the time of writing this chapter. Well or at least anything that wouldn't throw off the story. So, filler chapter is was, and it's longer than what I thought it would be. But it still turned out well.

 

As anyways, thank you all for reading. Hope you enjoy.