Chapter 14 - Let's Make Music Pt. 1

Introducing K-pop: Season 1

Chapter 14 - Let's Make Music Pt. 1

 


“Hey Gukkie.” Keya greets as she and Suyun walks into TS building. Turning around, Yongguk smiles. “Good Afternoon Keya, Suyun. How are you two today?” he asks as they stop in front of him. The two smile back. “We’re doing fine. Hope you are too.” Suyun says. Yongguk nods. “Yes, yes I am.” he says. “Come on, the others are excited for you two to show up today.”

Yongguk leading the way, the two girls follow him down a hall to the left. “So, we’re going to one of the studios you guys use right?” Suyun asks. Yongguk nods. “Yeah, since today is a free day, the others wanted to come here and go over our previous recordings.” he says. Keya nods. “Sooo, should BABYs be excepting something new then?” she asks.

Yongguk smiles back at her. “I’m not giving anything away.” he says as they stop in front of a door labeled ‘Studio 3’. “I’m back guys.” Yongguk says as he open the door. “And I do have our missing members, so stop texting me to hurry up.” he adds as he walks into the room. Laughing, Keya and Suyun follow him in. “Good afternoon guys.”

“Yay, you’re finally here.” Youngjae greets. He sat on one of the couches in between Daehyun and Zelo. On the couch next to them sat Jongup and Himchan. Yongguk takes the seat that sat in front of the soundboard. “Go ahead and take a seat.” Yongguk suggests, pointing to the chair empty chair next to him and the empty spot on the second couch.

Turning off her camera, Suyun motions for Keya to take the chair as she walks over to where Himchan and Jongup were sitting. Taking the seat, Keya looks over the soundboard. “My Siwon, this thing is amazing.” she whispers. She then looks at Yongguk. “How do you know what to switch or press?” she asks. Yongguk shrugs. “Manuals, or you just learn as you go.” he says. Keya nods before turning to the others. “Sooo, whatcha guys been recording when we weren’t around?” she asks.

Yongguk lets out a small laugh and the others raise their hands up in front of them. “Nope, can’t say anything.” Himchan says. To agree, the others shake their heads.  “Just had to try, right?” he asks. Keya nods. “Yeah, doesn’t hurt.” she says. “But come on. No hints or anything?” she asks. The others shake her heads. “Aw, but you can’t come to a Studio and not record anything.”

“Okay, then if you want, go record something.” Yongguk says as he starts messing with some of the knobs. Keya looks at him. “That would be awesome. But you’re kidding right?” she asks. Yongguk shakes his head. “Nope. We’re here, and wouldn’t it make for a great experience?” he asks. Keya shakes her head. “Yeah, but come on. I wouldn’t know what to do.”

“Well, you just sing and we record.” Yongguk says. Keya shakes her head again. “Yeah, I’m not that great. Not like you guys. Not close.” she says. “Not even that, I wouldn’t even know what to sing even if I tried.” she says. Yongguk stops and looks at her. “What’s that? You know some K-Pop songs don’t you? You even know some of our songs.” he states. “What are you, scared?” he asks teasingly. With this, the room goes silent.

Keya stared back at him for a moment. “Oh, I’m sorry sir; I think I just heard an almost confronting like sound.” she says after a second. “Is it just me, or was that a challenge that I heard just now?” she asks. “Also, just to set the record straight, I don’t know just some of you guys’ songs, I know ALL of them. Word-from-word. Just sayin’.” she adds. Yongguk smirks. “Really? Then prove it.” he says, motioning toward the recording booth.

“Bro, you just challenged the wrong person.” Keya says standing up. “Ten years of K-pop right here.” she says moving to the booth’s door. Himchan shakes his head. “You did that on purpose.” he whispers to Yongguk as he takes over Keya’s ious seat. “But hey, if she’s going along with it, can we make this bet interesting?” he asks loudly.

“Interesting how?” Keya asks stopping in front of the door. Himchan shrugs. “Oh! I know.” Youngjae shouts. “Loser takes the winner out on a date and pays for whatever they want.” he suggests. Keya feels her face heat up. “Eh, date?” she asks. “Why a date?” she asks. Daehyun looks at her. “Because it will make everything more interesting.”

Keya looks at Yongguk when he doesn’t say anything. He just smiles at her. “Oh, I have no problem with that suggestion.” he says. “It’s always nice to get free stuff from your friends.” he says. Keya lets out a scoff. “Just think you’re going to win huh?” she asks. “Okay Bro, let’s go, right now. Let’s do this.”

Turning to walk into the booth, she stops. “Oh yeah.” she whispers. Digging into her pocket, Keya takes out her I-pod. Walking back over to Yongguk, she sits it on the soundboard in front him along with her phone. “Just to make sure, I’m not going to be called out on cheating or something.” she says. “Leggo!” she shouts as she walks into the sound booth.

“Oh my god, she’s just so randomly weird and sassy.” Himchan says. Yongguk laughs. “I know. Don’t you love it.” he says turning some of the knobs. “Go ahead and take the headset in the middle.” he says to Keya, pressing the speaker button. The other five share a look before Youngjae stands up. “Hold on, I want to join too.” he says. He then takes Jongup’s arm and pull him up. “You join also.”

Jongup shrugs. “Sure, why not.” he says as Youngjae pulls him into the booth. As Jongup shuts the booth’s door, Keya looks up from the headphones that she was inspecting. “Oh, what’s up?” she asks. “Are you guys joining me?” she asks. Youngjae nods. “Yep, it’ll be great to record something with you.” he says. Keya lets out a breath. “Oh, good. Then I don’t have to do the singing parts.” she says doing the motion of wiping sweat off her forehead.

“Don’t have to do the singing parts?” Jongup asks. “Then what parts were you going to do?” he asks. Keya tilts her head. “Just the rap parts.” she says. “I mean I was going to do the singing parts, but I’m not that good, so I was going to softly sing those parts. But now I don’t have to.” she says. “You guys are life savers. Woo!”

“You rap?” Youngjae asks. Keya shrugs. “Way better than I can sing.” she says. Jongup tilts his head. “Oh, I agree. She was amazing the other day.” he states. Keya looks at him. “What? Jongup, you’re not supposed to tell others.” she says covering her face with her hands. Jongup nods. “Don’t get embarrassed, you sounded great.” he says. He then looks at Youngjae. “Yeah, Yongguk is losing.” he says. “I’m on Team Rose.”

Youngjae lets out a laugh. “Wow, Jongup is supporting you before we even start the first song.” he says as he walk over and takes the place on the left side of Keya. “He must have heard something amazing before.” he says. Jongup nods as he takes the place on Keya’s right. “So, I say we don’t tell them which parts she’s doing.” he says picking up his set.

The three sees a red bulb light up somewhere in front of them. “Are you guys ready?” Yongguk’s voice asks next. The three turn to the glass that separated them from the other four.  Instead of sitting on the couch, Zelo Suyun, and Daehyun now stood behind Yongguk and Himchan. “Oh, just let us decided the lines right quick and we’ll be good.” Youngjae says.

Yongguk nods and the red light turn off. Youngjae looks at the other two. “Okay so,” he starts. “Keya, since you’ll rap, of course, you’ll do Yongguk’s and Zelo’s parts.” he says. Keya nods. “I don’t know if it’s just me, but I’m pretty sure that the first song Yongguk will play will be ‘Warrior’. And I don’t want to try Daehyun’s high note right now.” Jongup says.

“Why ‘Warrior’?” Keya asks. Jongup shrugs. “Don’t know, just instinct. So how about, I’ll do Himchan’s part and your part, Youngjae.” he suggests. “And you do my part and Daehyun’s parts. With that it should go okay.” he adds. Keya and Youngjae nods. “Sounds like a plan.” Youngjae says. With that, the three pick up their own headsets.

“It’s okay to move and dance with the music when recording. At long at you keep it to a minimum.” Jongup says to Keya. Keya smiles. “Good, because I don’t usually sit still when listening to some of you guys’ songs.” she says with a small laugh. She then adjusts her headset on her head so that the only speaker covering an ear was the right one. “Not going to put on both all the way?” Youngjae asks.

Keya shakes her head. “I don’t really like having earpieces or head phones on both my ears like that. Only time I do that is when I’m trying to block out EVERY body.” she says. Youngjae nods. “Understandable.” he says adjusting his own. Once done, he looks over at the other two, who nods. With that, the three all hold up thumbs up to the four on the other side.

Yongguk giving a thumbs up back before Keya seeing the ‘Recording’ sign light up. Seconds later sound flow out the headsets. Keya and Youngjae looks at Jongup as they immediately recognize the song. Jongup just smiles and gives them the peace sign. The two look at each other and shakes their heads before focusing on the music.

 

Warrior is back
We gonna rock this
Uh huh ooh
Ohh no woah woah
B.A.P

 

After the sound ends, the recording light turns off. Sliding the headset to her neck, Keya looks to Youngjae then Jongup, both of them giving her thumbs up. “Oh my, the look on their faces when you started. Right away: Priceless.” Youngjae says with a small laugh. Jongup nods. “See I’m right.” he says. “You did great. High-five.” he adds holding up his palm. Keya smiles. “Aw, thank you.” she says as she high-fives him.

“Sooo… You rap.” Himchan’s voice asks as the red light in front of them turns on. Keya turns toward the window. “Yeah, I’m not good at singing.” she states. “I can carry a tune though.” she says. Zelo lets out a noise. “A tune. Girl, you have rhythm.” he states. Keya smiles. “Thank you.” she says. She then looks at Yongguk. “So, Sir… Comments?” she asks.

Yongguk smiles. “Hey, hey, now, that was impressive, but that is just Round One.” he says. “You did do well. But can you keep it up?” he asks. Keya smirks. “Oh, watch me. Come at me bro.” she says. She then lets out a small laugh when the red light turns off. “Thanks for recording with me.” Keya says looks at the two in the booth with her.

After talking for a minute or two, the booth’s door opens. “Okay, time to switch.” Daehyun says as he walking in. “Me and Himchan’s turn.” he adds walking over to them. “Princess just shocked us with her skills.” Daehyun says as he takes the headset from Youngjae. Walking in a second later, Himchan nods. “Have to take this chance also.” he says as he takes the headset from Jongup.

“Good luck on Round Two.” Jongup and Youngjae say as they walk out the booth, shutting the door behind them. Keya looks at the two next to her. “Okay, so do you two know the next song, or is someone guessing?” she asks. Himchan shakes his head. “Nope. Yongguk told us which songs he’s doing next.” he says.

“Did you three guess on the last song?” Daehyun asks. Keya shakes her head. “Not really, it’s like Jongup knew what song Yongguk would choose first. It was a little weird. But because he was right, we knew who was doing what lines.” she states. Himchan nods. “Yeah, Jongup is a weird one. But hey, just have to love him, right?”

Keya nods with a small laugh. “Okay, do you guys know who’s doing what lines?” she asks. Daehyun nods. “Yep, I’m doing mine and Jongup’s. Himchan is doing his and Youngjae’s.” he explains. “And of course you’re doing Yongguk’s and Zelo’s.” Keya nods. She then resets the headphones on her head.

“Ready for Round Two and Three?” Himchan asks. Keya nods. “Yep, ready to go.” she answers. With that, Himchan gives a thumps up. Just like last time, Yongguk gives one back, and it’s followed by the ‘Recording’ light turning on. As the music begins, Keya opens as if to scream, but doesn’t. Seeing Himchan look at her with a raises brow, Keya gives him a thumbs up before smiling and turning back toward the microphone in front of her.

 

One shot, let me tell you something that you already know

You just get the rock to me

You know Na mean?
Gihoeneun han beonppun eoduun gireul georeo
Bicheul barkhyeo Martin Luther King cheoreom
Get your mind out of the gutter
Silpae ttawiegen ajik neon eoryeo
One shot one chance du beoneun eobseo nochiji ma ja junbihae
Hell yeah ne jasinege deombyeo jagajin neol pyeolchyeobwa just do it

 

~Round 3
Yeah yeah eh
Yeah yeah ooh

Jiguboneun nae chinguya
gyang eodideun gamyeon dwae
I go gongyeon anim yeohaeng,
mwodeun tteonaji it’s Okay
Yeah, I Know something
insaengeun areumdawoyo Play N Chillin’
Nan wiingwiing ttoneun bingbing
naradanyeo kwaejina chingching

 

As the ‘Recording’ light goes off, Keya removes her headset. “Wooo!” she says throwing her hands in the air. Daehyun lets out a laugh. “Great job.” he says patting her on the back. Keya smiles. “I hope so. Especially since it’s two of my top favorite songs from you guys.” she says. Himchan looks at her. “Oh, that’s why you made that weird face at the beginning.”

Keya lets out a small. “Yeah, couldn’t help it. It was either that or I take hold of one of you and rapidly shake you as I plaster a crazy or creepy smile on my face from excitement.” she says. Himchan lets out a laugh and shakes his head. “You are too weird.” he says. Keya shrugs. “I know, but hey, it makes me interesting, now doesn’t it?”

Keya then turns toward the glass and points to Yongguk. Yongguk just points to Daehyun in return. Keya raises a brow before looking at Daehyun. “For the fourth one, I requested a duet song for you and me.” he says. Himchan pats Keya on the back. “You’re going to like it.” he says placing the headphones he had on its proper holder.

Himchan walks out the booth for a second before walking back in. “And here.” he says holding out his hand that was now holding a water bottle. Keya smiles. “Thank you.” she says taking the bottle. Himchan nods before walking back out the booth, this time closing the door behind him. Taking a sip of the water, Keya turns back to Daehyun.

“So, a duet huh?” she asks. Daehyun nods. “Yep and I know it’s one of your favorites.” he says. “Now, you can shake me all you want when it starts playing, but just don’t do the creepy smile.” he says. Keya lets out a laugh. “What? Why not the creepy smile? How about a creepy laugh? Would that work?” she asks.

“How about not doing creepy at all?” Daehyun asks. “You can just shake me then buy me cheesecake sometime later to repay me for giving you this opportunity.” he says. Keya lets out a laugh as she sits the water bottle down and puts back on her headset. “Aw, but that’s taking the fun out of It.” she says. Once she’s done adjusting the headphones, Daehyun give a thumbs up.

A thumbs up back from Yongguk and the ‘Recording’ light goes back on. As the piano intro for the next track begins to flows through the headsets Keya glares as she turns to Daehyun, who smiles back at her. Taking hold of his arm, Keya lightly shakes him. ‘So lucky its recording or I’ll do a creepy laugh.’ Keya mouths to him. She didn’t know if he understood until his smile grew bigger. She then let’s go of him so that he could start off the song.

 

Oh oh whoa oh
Oh oh whoa oh
Oh oh oh whoa oh
Oh oh oh whoa oh

Da jiok gatdeon uriui gieogi
Wae ajikdo meorissoge namaitneunji nan moreugesseo
Jinan nal jeonbu gieokhalge nal gatgo noldeon geot
Deokbune modeun ge nan da dwi bakkwieosseo (Whoa)
Geujeo apeseo hwanhage utdeon yejeone nae moseubeun eobseo
Nan geu eotteon sarangi wado utgyeo da gugyeojin simjang

 

As the ‘Recording’ light goes off, Keya lightly pushes Daehyun, who in return laughs. “What? I told you it was one of your favorites.” he says taking off the headset. Keya scoffs as she places hers around her neck. “Yeah, a very top favorite. As in my ringtone. And the nerve of you to tell me not to give you a creepy smile or laugh. You knew it was going to be coming.” she says lightly slapping his arm. Daehyun laughs again. “Yeah, it’ll be okay.” he says patting her on the back. “But you did great.”

Keya puffs out her cheeks. “Thanks.” she says. She then pushes him again, making him laugh. “Would you like a hug?” Daehyun asks spreading out his arms. Keya chops her teeth at him. “Would you like a fist to the face?” she asks raising her arm as her hand balls up. This only makes Daehyun laugh harder. “Feisty today, aren’t we?” he asks. Keya shakes her head as she lets out a sigh.

The sound of the door opening makes the two turn around. “Big Sister, We’re joining this time.” Zelo says excitedly as he walks over to the two followed by Suyun. Keya smiles as she looks at them. “Really, June Bug? Suyun too? Awesome.” she says. “What song is chosen?” she asks as Zelo takes the empty place on her right, and Suyun takes the headset from Daehyun.

“We’ll be doing ‘Never Give Up’.” Zelo informs. He then looks at Daehyun. “Oh, we convinced Suyun to at least do the chorus. Wanna do it with her?” he asks. Daehyun nods. “Of course.” he says before moving and taking the unused headset on the left of Suyun. Keya smiles. “Yeah, I’m going to go full confident and just announce now, that Yongguk has officially lost this challenge.” she says. “All my favorite songs are being played.” she says as she picks up the bottle of water.

Zelo, Suyun, and Daehyun share a look before turning back to her. “I’m going to agree.” Daehyun says. “Though Yongguk is tricky sometimes. Watch out.” he says. Keya opens to say something but stops when the speaker red light pops on. “Are you four ready?” Yongguk asks.  The four look at each other before nodding. “We’re good.” Zelo states. With that the red light goes off. A second later the ‘Recording’ sign lights up and the sound of school bells flow from the headsets.

 

Hakgyoreul dwirohan chae urin hagwoneuro ttwieo imi da algo inneunde wae jakku tto gareuchyeo
Uh!
Seonsaengnim malsseumeun hapummani
Chilpaniran dohwajieneun nakseomani
Charari
Donbaengman wonjjari gwaoereul taekhae chinguwaui ujeongbodan seongjeokppunin chegye
Siheomiraneun apbak daehagiran budamgam ssahyeoman ganeun seuteureseu eomma appaneun alkka

 

As the ‘Recording’ light goes off, Daehyun looks at Suyun. “You do have a nice voice.” he says. He then looks at the two on the right. “And you two are just too energetic.” he says and Suyun nods in agreement. The two did anything but stand still during the song and made sure him and Suyun did the same. Zelo laughing as he looks at the two girls on his left. “You two are great.” he says. Keya smiles. “Really? I say it’s an honor to continue hearing compliments from you guys.” she says. Daehyun looks at her. “Don’t worry, we’re not just being nice.” he says. “We’re going to have Yongguk burn these onto a CD so that you can hear how well you sound.” he says.

“Yeah, lying about talent is not something that we would lie about.” The four turn to see Youngjae walk into the room. “I’m once again, you’re partner.” he says as he walks over to them. Keya blinks. “Are we doing a duet?” she asks. Youngjae nods as he takes the headset from Suyun. “Good luck.” Zelo says as he takes off the headset. He then follows Daehyun and Suyun out the booth, shutting the door behind him.

“What’s up next?” Keya asks. Youngjae smiles. “Another favorite of yours.” he says. “It’s ‘Going Crazy’.” he informs. Keya raises a brow. “Really?” she asks. “How interesting.” she asks. “The lines reversed. I always wondered what it would sound like with the parts being done reversed.” Keya asks. Youngjae smiles. “Well, now you get to find out.” he says setting his headset up. “Ready?” he asks. Keya nods. With that, Youngjae gives a thumps up. It was soon followed by the ‘Recording’ sign lighting up then the music starting.

 

Sarangi Anya igeon sarangi Anya
Neoui jibchagil ppuniya
Eodi itdeunji naega mueol hadeunji
Museowo nareul baraboneun neo

 

As the ‘Recording’ light goes off, Youngjae looks at Keya. “Very interesting indeed.” he says. Keya nods. “I know right.” she says. “Strange, but not bad. I like it.” she adds as she picks up the water bottle. Youngjae nods in agreement. Putting a smirk on her face, Keya turns and looks through the glass at Yongguk and points at him.

“Yes?” Yongguk asks as the red light pops on. Keya leans against the stand in front of her. “So? Satisfied yet?” she asks. Yongguk shrugs. “Well… Not really.” he says. Keya tilts her head. “What? Want a Round 7?” she asks. Yongguk tilts his head back at her. “Are you okay for that?” he asks.

Keya scoffs. “Come on, who am I?” she asks. “I got this.” she says.

 


And here's Chapter 14. Sorry I didn't update last week. Got busy preparing for a corporate inspection visit at my job. And of course, I was set to run the store while they came. So basically it was the guy from corporate, our two supervisors and my GM being hawks to most of the things i do for like a full four hours. The fun. -.- But now i got the approval of officially being able to be a GM and get my own store when a spot it available. :D

But anyways, for the story, I thought it would be run to at least include a scene in the recording booth. I mean, it can't been an idol story without one, or the mention of one. Though this chapter turned out to be farther back in the story then I thought it would be. This chapter it actually has two parts, the next one will be uploaded soon. But I wrote them around the time that I was writing like Chapter 3. I guess i could say that thier two of the main chapters in this story because it's one of the first scenes that i thought of when i first got the idea to write this story. So if the flow seems a bit different from the previous chapter, that's why. >.< I did have to change a few things so that it would fit into place. I tried my best.

But thank you all for reading, I'll update again soon.