Chapter 18 - Fight

Introducing K-pop: Season 1

Chapter 18 - Fight
 


 

“This was a fun week. I hope we get to do more mixed group things before the show ends.” Ryeowook states. Suyun and Keya smiles as they exit the van they were in, sliding the door closed behind them. They had just made it to the CJ E&M Building. It was the end of their week with Super Junior and they were now going to meet back up with the boys of B.A.P.

 

“Are you girls sure you don’t want us to wait until they get here?” Kyuhyun asks, leaning out the window of the passenger side door. The two shakes their heads. “No it’s okay. The boys will be here soon.” Suyun says. Keya nods. “Yeah, and you guys still have to drop off Charles before heading to your own schedule. We don’t want you all to be late.” she adds.

 

After a few minutes of insuring the boys that it was okay, the van finally pulls off. Keya and Suyun wave to them until they were down the road. “So what now?” Keya asks. Suyun shrugs. Shifting her camera on her shoulder, she pulls her phone out and looks at it. “The boys should be here soon. Wanna just walk around the building?” she asks putting the phone back in her pocket.

 

Nodding, Keya follows Suyun as she starts walking. “Wow this is one of the few times when it’s just us two. And we’re not at home about to go to sleep.” Keya says. Suyun nods with a laugh. “I know right.” she says. “What should we talk about?” Suyun asks. Keya shrugs. The two walk until they came to a small bench.

 

Sitting down, Keya sits her bag down as Suyun sits on camera down on the bench next to her. “Well, we’re always talking about my love life, what’s going on with yours?” she asks. Suyun looks up at her. “Mine? What do you mean? I don’t have one.” she states. Keya raises a brow. “Of course you do.” she says. “Or have you not noticed that Jongup likes you.” she says. “Though he is very subtle about it. I didn’t notice the signs until Daehyun.” she says.

 

“What gave you the idea that Jongup likes me?” Suyun asks. Keya looks at her. “Oh Daehyun told It.” she says. “Jongup was with us and he didn’t deny anything. Just smiled.” she adds. Suyun tilts her head. “And from that, you conclude that Jongup like me?” she asks. Keya nods. “How does…” Suyun stops mid-sentence. “Ohhh… That would explain why Daehyun suggested taking Jongup instead of Youngjae if it was just four of us going somewhere.” she states.

 

“And why when we were at Lotte World, he had you go with Jongup.” Keya reveals. Suyun shakes her head. “That explains what that smile meant.” she says. “He says things so nonchalantly that you just think that it’s just normal.” she adds. Keya lets out a small laugh. “But he knows what he’s talking about. And if it makes you feel better, Youngjae thinks so too.”

 

“What? Youngjae is in on this too?” Suyun asks. Keya shakes her head. “I wouldn’t say that. But he did tell us that Jongup paid close attention to you during the dance competition.” she says. Suyun rolls her eyes. “I can’t dance and he’s the lead dancer of the group. Of course it’s natural for him to want to help me learn the steps while I was struggling.”

 

“But you liked the attention right?” Keya asks. Suyun looks at her. “Hey, stop it.” she says. “I’m not saying anything.” she says. Keya shrugs. “What’s wrong with saying that you like hanging out with Jongup?” she asks. Suyun raises a brow. “Nothing is wrong with it.” she says. “But if you want to use that as grounds to say that I like him, you mind as well say I like Zelo. During down time, I’m always playing a video game with him.”

 

“Oh, so you’re saying that you actually like Zelo?” Keya asks. Suyun blinks. “What? No, that’s not what I said.”

“I mean it’ll make sense. As you said you two are always together during down time.”

“Keya”

“Zelo is the other main dancer of the group”

“Keya…”

“And I mean come on, who doesn’t like Zelo. He’s our baby.”

“Keya, stop it. You know I like Jongup so stop all this wannabe reverse psychology stuff.”

 

Keya smiles and looks at her. “Yes I do know. But this is the first time that you have admitted it out loud.” she says. “It feels nice to not be the only person confessing stuff.” she says with a laugh. Shaking her head, Suyun bumps her shoulder against Keya’s. “You are so weird sometimes.” she says. “But that’s one of your good points.”

 

Before Keya could respond, a ringing goes off. Reaching into her pocket, Suyun pulls out her phone. Pressing on the screen, she puts the phone up to her ear. “Hello… Yeah, we’re here.  Where are you guys... How did you guys get lo…? Who bright idea was it to have him give directions… What’s around you? … Yeah, yeah, just stay where you are. I’ll come and get you guys, I know where you are. Bye.”

 

As Suyun hangs up the phone, Keya lets out a laugh. “Yep, that’s our group.” she says. Suyun shakes her head. “They’re lucky that I know this area like the back of my hand.” she says. Sighing she stands up before picking up her camera.  “Don’t lecture them too much.” Keya says. Suyun shakes her head. “We’ll see what they have to say for themselves.”

 

Suyun sighs again. “You’d think they’ll be okay if they used GPS. I’ll go get our lost boys. I’ll be back in probably not even ten minutes.” she says. Letting out another laugh, Keya nods. “Okay, I’ll stay right here so that you won’t have to find me too.” she says. Suyun shakes her head before turning and walking away.

 

As Suyun leaves, Keya takes her I-pod out her pocket. Unraveling her earphones from around the device, she puts them on before going to the music player. Starting the music, she goes to her email. Seeing a new email from her mom, she opens it and reads it before replying. “Hmm… Maybe I should send one to the girls also.” she whispers to herself.

 

Before Keya could click on ‘New Message’ a shadow appears over her. “Ah, Suyun you say ten min-” Keya stops when she looks up. Standing in front of her was not Suyun. Instead it was three girls. One of them stood directly in front of Keya and the other two stood behind her. Stopping her music, Keya takes out her earphones.

 

“Hello there.” Keya greets. Keya blinks when the girls glare back at her. “We don’t like you.” the girl in front says. Keya tilts her head. “Uhh, okay. And who are you three?” she asks. The girl in front crosses her arms. “We’re not stupid enough to give you our real names. I’m Hye. To my right it Eun and left is Kae.”

 

Keya slowly nods. “Okay… And you three don’t like me because…?” she asks. This time one of the other girls answers. “We want you to stay away from our boys.” she states. Keya furrows her eyebrows. “Which group is exactly ‘your boys’?” she asks raising her hands and doing quotation marks.

 

“Don’t mock us.” Hye says pushing Keya on the shoulder. “Of course we’re talking about B.A.P.” she says. Keya clears . “Okay first, don’t touch me.” she says. “And second, sorry, but it’s kinda impossible for me to stay away from them since that’s who I’m filming a reality show with. And I kinda have to be with them almost 24/7.” she states.

 

“We don’t want you near them. You’re not good enough. Quit the show and go back home foreigner.” Eun says. Keya rolls her eyes. “Okay, I see where this is going and I don’t have time for this.” she says. “This isn’t a high school drama and no sasaeng is going to threaten me to stay away from their precious idols.” she states standing up.

 

As Keya moves to walk away, Kae blocks her way. “We didn’t tell you, you can leave.” she says pushing Keya back. Coming up behind her, Eun pushes her again. “You leave when we say you can leave.” she states. Sighing, Keya looks up at the sky. “You’re kidding me right?” she asks to no one in particular. She then looks down in front of her at Hye. “Really?” she asks.

 

“What? Think you’re big and bad just because you’re always with the boys?” Hye asks pushing Keya. “Well you’re not now.” she says. Reaching out, Hye grabs a hold of Keya’s hair. “We’re not scared of you.” she says pulls on her hair. Keya lets out a growl. “Says the girl who came with two others to gang up on one person.”

 

Hye pulls on Keya hair again, making her cry out. “Let go.” Keya growls. Eun lets out a laugh. “Where’s all that toughness that you had when dealing with Jungsuk? Huh?” she asks pushing Keya. Keya shuts one of her eyes to control the pain that shoots through her head. “Nothing but all talk.” Kae states.

 

“Hey! What are you girls doing to her?!” The four girls turn at the sound of a yelling voice. Though it was hard for Keya since Hye still had a hold on her hair. A girl with short light brown hair was hurriedly walking toward them. “Let go of her right now.” the girl demands. Dodging Eun, who was trying to block her, the girl takes hold of Hye’s arm. “Let go.”

 

“Stay out of our way, .” Finally letting go of Keya’s hair, Hye pushes the girl away from her. Keya grabs Hye’s shoulder. “Hey! She doesn’t even have anything to do with this.” she says pulling Hye back. Growling, Hye swings her arm back as she turns to Keya. “Don’t touch me!” she shouts.

 

For a moment everyone stops and Keya feels a small pain go across the right side of her jaw. The four watch as Keya raises her hand and touches the side of her face. She then looks down at her hand to see that they were now red. Keya then looks up at Hye. “You just hit me.” she states. For a second Hye looks shocked, herself, before glaring at Keya.

 

“Yeah and!?” Hye shouts. “I hit you in your pretty little face. What you going to do about it, ?! I’ll hit you again.” she shouts raising her hand and aiming at Keya’s face again. Catching Hye’s arm mid-swing, Keya glares at Hye. “Oh you must be stupid if you think I’m going to just sit and let you hit me again.” she growls. As Hye tries to use her other hand, Keya blocks it and in turn, hitting Hye.

 

As the two girls begin to fight, Kae and Eun immediately jumps in to help their friend. And in response to that, the unnamed girl jumps in also to help Keya. Evening out the fight to at least two VS three.

 

“Woah, woah, woah! What’s going on here!?” Voices call stopping the girls minutes into the fight. The five girls stop in their current positions. Hye was pinned on the ground by the unnamed helper, whose hair was in Kae’s hold. Keya had Eun in a headlock with one arm and her free hand held onto the back of Kae’s collar.

 

The five look up to see Suyun and the boys of B.A.P. running toward them. “Let go of each other now!” Yongguk commands. All the girls immediately do as told except Kae, who keeps her grip on the unnamed girl’s hair. Seeing this, Keya takes hold of Kae’s collar again. “Let go of her.” Forcing Kae to let go of the girl’s hair, Keya then pushes her.

 

Before fighting could break out again, Yongguk immediately grabs Keya around the waist, pulling her back. Daehyun goes to help up the unnamed girl as the other boys help Hye, Eun, and Kae. “What the hell is going on?” Yongguk asks. His answer came in the form of all five girls yelling. “She started it!” Hye says pointing at Keya. Growling, Keya looks at her. “You want another piece of me, you little lair!?” she shouts back and moves to attack the girl again.

 

“Stop!” Yongguk tightens his hold on Keya. “Enough! Everyone to the CJ building. The police have been called, they’ll deal with this first.” he states. Keya looks to the unnamed girl to see a boy who looked similar to her running up to her and Daehyun. It was then that Keya finally noticed that a small group of people had formed not that far from them.

 

The group filed into the CJ E&M building. Being split into separate unused rooms, Keya and the unnamed girl was put into one as the other three was put into another. The others stood in the hall, waiting for the police to arrive. It only took a minute for them to arrive. After questioning Keya and the girl, they go to question the other three.

 

After a moment of silence, Keya looks at the girl sitting next to her. “Well, this is a different way to make new friends.” she says rubbing her head. The girl looks at her and laughs. “I’m Cho Miyeon.” she says holding out a hand. Keya takes her hand and shakes it. “Keya Rose.” she says back. Miyeon gives her a small smile. “Oh and don’t worry, my brother filmed the whole thing so those girls are going to be the ones in fault like they are.” she states.

 

~~

 

After about half an hour, the two girls were cleared to leave. Leaning out the door, they watch as the other three girls are lead down the hall by the police and out the building. As silence settle over everyone, Daehyun turns to Miyeon and her brother, whose name Keya learned was Yeonwoo. “So… I’ll walk you two out.” he suggests. The two nod before following him down the hall.

 

As Keya walks back to the seat she was sitting in, the others enter the room. With a small first-aid kit in hand, Yongguk walks over to Keya and hands her a damp towel. “Thanks. I don’t think it’s bad enough for the kit though.” Keya says as she wipes off the now dried up blood on her jaw. She then looks around at the others.

 

“Why so silent?” she asks. Yongguk looks at her. “Because you just got into a fight.” he says. Keya immediately raises a brow at the tone of his tone. “Yes, I did. But don’t tell me you’re about to lecture me about It.” she says. Yongguk frowns. “It was a fight. Not a play one. An actually fight.” he states. Keya frowns back at him. “Yeah, one that they started. Those girls are the ones who need to be lectured not me.”

 

“You need to apologize.” Yongguk states. For a moment Keya stares at him. “Excuse me? I need to what?” she asks. “I’m not apologizing to those girls!” she shouts.

“I don’t mean to the girls. You need to post an apology to the public for the disturbance.”

“I’m not apologizing to anyone! I didn’t do anything wrong!” Keya shouts standing up.

“But you were involved.”

“So! It wasn’t my choice. They’re the ones who came at me!”

“Keya”

“No! I was in the right on this. Those girls walked up to me and started talking .”

“Keya just apol-”

“Why should I apologize for something that I didn’t start?” she asks crossing her arms. “Oh maybe you think I did start it. You must not have watched the video that Miyeon’s brother took.”

 

Yongguk sighs. “No I didn’t watch the video.” he says. “And I didn’t say you started the fight either. The police did watch the video and they said the girls hit you and Miyeon first, so you two were named the victims and stated as acting in self defense.” he states. Keya tilts her head. “But yet here you are telling me to apologize for this mess. What do you think I said something to them to make them hit me?”

 

“Keya…” Yongguk calls. When he says nothing more than that, Keya raises a brow. “Really?” she asks. “You think I made them hit me on purpose?” she asks. Yongguk looks at her. “I’m not saying you did it on purpose.” he states. “Sometimes you are a bit…” Yongguk stops when the frown on Keya face deepens. Keya shakes her head. “No, keep going… I’m a little what?” she asks. “I would really like to know.”

 

“You get a little rude sometimes.” Yongguk states. Keya raises a brow. “Oh, so are you saying that I’m been so rude to you before that you’ve felt like hitting me?” she asks. Yongguk sighs. “No, Keya you have not. That’s not what I’m saying.” he says. Keya scoffs. “Yes, that is what you’re saying!” she shouts. “Actually you’re saying that I’m more rude to people I don’t know than to people I’m close with!”

 

Yongguk places a hand on her shoulder. “Keya, calm down.” he states. Keya smacks his hand away and takes a step back. “Don’t touch me.” she hisses. “Nice to know that this is how you see me. Someone who’s rude and brings trouble onto herself.” she says. Shaking her head, Keya takes a deep breath. “You know what… I’m done with this.” she says.

 

“What do you mean?” Yongguk asks. Keya looks at him. “This conversation is over. I’m not about to make myself more angry over this than I already am. You said what you wanted to say and I replied to it. It’s done and over and we’re in a disagreement on it in the end. Nothing is going to come from us just arguing about It.” she says before going silent.

 

Tilting her head up to the ceiling, Keya blinks rapidly as her eyes begin to mist up. “Keya?” Yongguk asks. Taking a deep breath and letting it out, Keya lowers her head and looks at Yongguk. “I think I’m also done with this.” she says using her hand to motion between herself and him. Keya shakes her head as he tries to say something.

 

“I umm…” Keya starts, clearing . “I did as you asked. I thought about it seriously. And even before switching over to spend a week with the guys of Super Junior, I already had an answer for you. Heck, I had my answer the next day. I was just waiting for it to become the right time for us to talk about It.” she states.

 

“And surprise, surprise, my answer was yes.” Keya states. “But this situation… it… it just brought a lot of things to light. Can I really be in a relationship with someone who doesn’t believe in me and thinks I’m purposely rude toward people I don’t know? No.” she says. “So that changes my answer to now be No.”

 

“So umm…” Keya takes a deep breath. “Thanks for showing interest in me. It made me feel special. Even though I obviously was not.” she says. “It was great. I…” Keya closes as she feels her chest tighten and her eyesight cloud over. Keya takes another deep breathe to try and control herself. “I have to get out of here.” she whispers.

 

Turning away, Keya rushes out the room. The room fills with silence as Yongguk stares at the spot where she was standing moments ago. He then looks at the door to see the other six of the group standing there watching him, most of them with disappointed looks on their faces. Yongguk sighs. “I’m taking it that you all would like to point out what I just did was wrong.”

 

Daehyun lets out a forced laugh. “Oh, please let me.” he says with a clap of his hands as he steps forward. “Since you asked, it would be my honor to tell you how much you just ed up.” he says walking toward their leader. Yongguk raises a brow at the fact of Daehyun cussing but says nothing. Daehyun looks over his shoulder at the other members and clears his throat. “Just excuse me for these next few moments.” he says before turning back to their leader. “What the hell is your problem!?” he asks forcefully pushing Yongguk. “If it wasn’t for the fact that you’re my leader and someone I consider to be a very close friend, I would punch the daylights out of you right now.”

 

“Do you really think that Keya would start a fight on purpose?” Daehyun asks. Yongguk sighs. “I didn’t say that she started It.” he says. Daehyun scoffs. “But you insinuated that she was the one who was at fault.” he states. “What purpose does she have to fight with those girls? None! None at all! Especially with the people at the adoption agency watching so that they could see how she is daily. You really think that she’s about to risk losing the girls by picking a fight in a foreign country?!”

 

“She shouldn’t have been fighting at all.” Yongguk says. Daehyun nods. “Okay, so you’re saying that she should have just let those girls beat her up?” he asks. “Or maybe she should have just quit the show and leave like they threatened her that she should.”

“That’s not what I’m saying.”

“That’s exactly what you’re saying!” Daehyun roars. “She didn’t hit any of those girls until they hit her first. And before that the only reason she even touched one of them was because they pushed Miyeon and she wanted them to leave her out of it.”

 

Daehyun then lets out another laugh. “Oh but that’s right, you didn’t watch the video. Isn’t that right?” he asks.

“You know I didn’t.” Yongguk says.

“Well then how about I show you what Keya went through.” Daehyun suggests.

“What do you mean?” Yongguk asks narrowing his eyes at his band mate.

 

Instead of replying, Daehyun raises his hands and pushes Yongguk. “Now, act like you say Keya should have.” he says before pushing Yongguk again. As the frown on Yongguk’s face deepens, Daehyun nods. “Yeah, don’t like it do you?” he asks. “But instead of it just me and you, it was Keya verse three girls until Miyeon stepped in.”

 

Stepping forward, Daehyun immediately grabs Yongguk’s hair and pulls. Yongguk lets out a growl as he balls up his hands into fists. “Hurts, doesn’t it?” Daehyun asks. “Now what if someone were to push you while I pull at your hair?” he asks. “You already want to hit me. I can see it in your face.” he states. “Still think that she shouldn’t have hit one of them and not defend herself against them?”

 

When Yongguk doesn’t reply, Daehyun lets go of his hair. “Thought so.” he says once again pushing Yongguk. “Before you try to be all justified, get your ing facts right.” he says. Takes his phone out his pocket, Daehyun unlocks it and presses on the screen a few times. With his free hand, he reaches forward and takes Yongguk’s hand.

 

“Do us a favor and actually watch the video.” Daehyun says placing his phone in Yongguk’s hand. “Then you apologize for the mistake that you’ve already realized you made.” Daehyun says. Pressing play on the screen without looking at it, Daehyun then turns and walks out the room. Getting halfway down the hall, he turns then he hears footsteps behind him.

 

Suyun stops in her tracks next to him. “Are you sure that was okay to do?” she asks. Daehyun shrugs. “Of course it was. And I don’t feel bad about it either.” he states. A moment later the sound of something hitting the wall before shattering on the ground made the two look toward the room they just left out of.

 

“Oh the sweet sound of being right.” Daehyun states. He then turns and goes back to walking down the hall. “I’m pretty sure that was your phone.” Suyun says. Daehyun shrugs. “It’s fine. My phone did a backup earlier today.” he informs. “And he’ll buy me a new one tomorrow.” he adds. Suyun nods as she follows Daehyun through the halls.

 

After a few minutes the two found Keya sitting on a bench in a deserted hall. The wall across from her was made of glass to where it allowed those inside to watch what was going on outside. Keya sat silently, staring straight ahead. Walking over to her, Daehyun sat on one side of her while Suyun sat on her other side, sitting her camera on the ground next to her.

 

“Thank you.” Keya says bumping shoulders with Daehyun. Daehyun looks at her. “You don’t even know what I did.” he states. Keya shrugs. “But I know you did something.” she says. Suyun looks at the girl next to her. “Keya… Are you okay?” she asks. After thinking about it for a bit, Keya nods. “Yeah… yeah, I’m okay.” she replies.

 

“You don’t want to go back do you?” Daehyun asks, though it was more like a statement. Keya shakes her head. “I really don’t want to.” she says. “I mean, I don’t want to run away…” she starts. “But I feel that if I go back we’ll just get into another argument. And when arguments get heated, people say things they don’t really mean. I don’t want to go there.”

 

“Do you want to do back to the apartment?” Suyun asks. Keya nods. “Please.” she whispers. Suyun nods. “I’ll have someone come pick us up.” she says standing up. Keya looks up at Suyun as she takes out her phone. “Suyun you don’t have to go too. You can stay.” she suggests. Suyun shakes her head. “No, I’ll worry too much if I did. I would rather stay with you.” she says.

 

With that, Suyun unlocks her phone and dials a number before turning and walking down the hall a bit. Feeling a hand squeeze her shoulder, Keya turns and looks at Daehyun. “Is it supposed to be this hard?” she asks. Daehyun says. “It turns out that way from some people. But I think you made the right decision.” he says.

 

Keya sighs. “I just…” she starts but lets out sighs and rubs her forehead. Daehyun gives her a reassuring smile. “It’s okay.” he says. “Just try to get yourself refocused. You have us here for support.” he adds.

 

A moment later Suyun walks back to the two. “They’ll be here in about five minutes.” she informs. Daehyun and Keya stand up. “I’ll go get your bags and I’ll meet you two at the entrance.” Daehyun suggests. The two nod before heading toward the front. The two wait outside and were soon being joined by Daehyun. He stays and chats with the two girls until their ride arrives. After saying bye to them, he then walks back into the building to rejoin his band mates.

 


A.N: And this is the beginning of the of the story. Things starrt picking up and rolling from here.

As for how long it's been since the last update, my only excuse for that is just the thing simply called life. It's easy to say and remind your self to do something. But then life happens and messes up your whole schedule.

To make up for it, I'm going to try and update again next week and then the following week also. We'll see how it goes, only half way through the first month of the year, and it's going good so far. Except all the snow. I love snow but it needs to stop now. lol

Anyways, I'm wishing everyone a good 2018. Hope it goes well for all. Thank you for choosing to read my story.