Vain - ii

Run Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♥ Vain


 

 

                Kim Jaejoong, or was originally known as Han Jaejun, was born into a rather poor family in Gongju. His parents got divorced when he was just a baby and his mother worked her fingers to the bone to make ends meet. Being a single parent was never easy especially if they’re short on money. One day when Jaejoong’s mother was working in a restaurant, a co-worker approach her and said, “Unni, it must be hard for you to raise him. I have an older brother and he’s pretty well off. His family has 8 daughters and I’m sure Jaejun-ie will be happy there.”

                Though at first Jaejoong’s mother doesn’t want to give him away but thinking it is best for Jaejoong to be comfortable and live under a proper family, with a heavy heart, she gave Jaejoong to the Kim family. Being the only son of the family, Jaejoong was doted on by all 8 of his sisters and parents. He grew up properly and with nice manners; one of them was to always greet the elders whenever he sees them.

One time when Jaejoong was little, there was an ajusshi who lived upstairs to his home and he has been passing by the ajusshi ten times. Following in his father’s teachings, Jaejoong said his greetings ten times to the older man. “Ggoma-ya, stop saying your greetings already. It’s the tenth time already!”

                Also when he was little, Jaejoong was soft hearted and kind thus he was often the target of bullies. Fortunately, his 8th sister Sooyoung was only a year apart from him and she was in the same grade as Jaejoong. She would always protect Jaejoong from those kinds of people and would beat them up too if she got the chance. Students in her grades always referred her as a gangster because of her bravery and strength but all she wanted to do was to protect Jaejoong. Sometimes she would pamper Jaejoong more than his other sisters too and thanks to Sooyoung, Jaejoong’s passion to become a singer started during middle school.

                “Jaejoong-ah. Do you want a cassette player? The portable one. Nuna will buy you one but you must study, okay?” Jaejoong was ecstatic. That time, H.O.T’s songs were famous and both Sooyoung and Jaejoong became their fans. Sooyoung would buy the tapes and listen to them together with Jaejoong. Since then, Jaejoong has set his heart to become a singer. He would tell everyone around him about his dream; his mother, his sisters and even his friends. “You’re tone deaf! How will you be able to become a singer, silly?” One of his friends belittled his ambition and his mother was completely against it. “What do you mean you want to be an entertainer? Just study and get a decent job already.”

                Those unsupportive remarks didn’t stop Jaejoong from chasing his dream. After that with the help of his 8th sister, he searched for a place for him to practice his singing, away from the eyes and ears of his friends and family. He stumbled upon a pc room, he went inside and asked the owner of the pc room, “Ajumma, I’m going to become a singer one day. Would it be okay if I practice my singing here?” The owner laughed because Jaejoong naivety was so cute and she replied, “Sure kid. You can come in the afternoons since there will be no customers.” So whenever school ended, Jaejoong would skip the self-study session and went to the pc room to practice his singing. This act wasn’t known by his other sisters nor by his family until after Jaejoong debut.

                This went on until both Sooyoung and Jaejoong were in freshmen in high school. The 15 year-old Sooyoung showed the 14 year-old Jaejoong an advertisement for an audition in Seoul; 1st Annual SM Best competition. The advertisement was like the light at the end of the tunnel for Jaejoong. I will become a singer! But, I feel bad for mom and dad. Should I ask for their permissions first?

                “Mom, can I become a singer?” Jaejoong dropped the question right after he got back home.

                “What? A singer? Don’t be absurd. Just focus on your studies.”

                “But still, mom. I want to become a singer.”

                “You can’t be a singer.”

                “Dear mother. Please let me be a singer.”

                Annoyed, his mother replied “If you want to be a singer so bad, go! Don’t ask money from us. You can deliver jajjangmyun or something.”

                His mother expect him to be quiet after that and just study but Jaejoong really left home to go to Seoul to audition and, knowing how naïve Jaejoong was, probably is searching for jobs to deliver jajjangmyun!

                Jaejoong took all the money he saved before and rode a bus to Seoul. Being in Seoul alone was very nerve wrecking for Jaejoong plus Sooyoung was not with him at that time. Jaejoong walked out of the bus station with hopes everything will be smooth sailing but of course life doesn’t work that way.

                “Oi! Come here.” A group of thugs called out to him and when Jaejoong was about to run away, one of the thugs pulled him by his collar and dragged him to their leader. “Give me all of your money.” Oh no. I am so screwed. Jaejoong clutched on to his bag like he was clutching on to his dear life.

                Just then,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter