Over

Run Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

♥ Over

 

   

 

 

 

 

                Changmin glance over his shoulder, looking over Junsu who is talking with other fellow conscripted policemen. He thought for sure the plan Yoochun came up before would definitely work; it would definitely break the ice between the two of them but it seems that Junsu’s deep-seated hatred hasn’t disappear at all. After all these years… Changmin let out a sigh of frustration as the images of Yunho crying flashed in his mind. Changmin have never seen Yunho cried like that, not since their last Japan tour before their enlistment. Not to mention the reason for his tears were for the people who left them years ago. I wonder how Yunho hyung is right now. Changmin let out another sigh and lifted his head, eyes wandering all over the hall. A silhouette of a person leaving the music hall balcony caught his attention.

Yunho hyung? Why would he be here; there on the balcony? I asked the ajusshi to only allow Yoochun hyung and Jaejoong hyung; who has the tickets ... It doesn’t take him long to figure out Yoochun’s plan though he had his doubts. He ran out, trying to catch up to the figure he assumed Yunho, his mind is full of doubts and questions. There’s no way would Yoochun hyung do that. I know for sure there has been bad blood between Yunho hyung and him. Changmin tried to push through the crowd, the figure of the man he knows for sure now belongs to Yunho getting further and further away. Fans are swarming around him, loud screams fill the hallway; preventing him from moving and calling out to Yunho. Damn it!

*************************

                Jaejoong tighten his grip on the steering wheel, leaning against it, as his mind keeps on replaying the scene of his encounter with Yunho. The air around Yunho was different, so different compared to all those years he tried to approach him. Even during the Ground Force Festival, he was cold; not like how he was just now. I just don’t get you, Jung Yunho. Just then he saw Changmin running out, head turning frantically as if searching for someone. Instinctively Jaejoong slid down on his back, peering through his car’s window. Though the urge to walk right up to Changmin and give him a long, heartfelt hug was overwhelming, he can’t help but to suppress it.

“But he might be looking for Yoochun. What should I do? Yoochun is not here.” Jaejoong is racking his brain trying to decide whether to walk up to him or just leave when suddenly his eyes lands on someone he knows so well, running towards Changmin in the underground parking lot. He can’t make up what they are saying and he feels a compulsion to greet them both, talk to them. He rolls down his car’s window, trying real hard to eavesdrop in their conversation.

                “By the way hyung, why did you chased after me?” Changmin tilts his head to the side, eager to know the reason for Junsu’ behavior. All this while he ignored him, why now?

                “I was.. I was going to get some fresh air.” Junsu stretches his arms, inhaling the smoke-filled basement parking.

                “Fresh air? Here? In a basement parking lot?” Changmin raises his eyebrow, hearing the absurd excuse from Junsu is one thing but Junsu think he will be fooled is another. “Are you stupid, hyung?”

                “Ya! How can you talk to your hyung like that? Whatever.” Junsu snaps, his voice echoes in the parking lot. He turns around, ready to leave.

                Aish, Changmin. How can you say that! Now’s not the time to . “Ah, hyung where are you going?” Changmin tries to stop the older man from leaving, trying to thaw the icy heart. Junsu decides to ignore him. He is not obligated to tell or clarify to Changmin anything about him. “Ah, hyung. Your performance on stage just now was so cool. Really! I mean, the way you hit the drums. Wow, I was speechless. Speechless because you look so cool. How can my hyung be so cool?” Changmin pats Junsu on the back, “Good work hyung.” Though he said it with a straight face, Changmin’s fingers curled; embarrassed by the cheesy words he just said. Junsu on the other hand, feels good hearing Changmin’s compliments. He can feel his self esteem raising, head held up high. His lips spread to a small smile. Seeing his hyung’s change of expression, Changmin continues to shower Junsu with praises. “You were seriously cool. The crowd were riled up because of you. You look like a king up there, no, a god. God!” The small smile stretches to a wide smile. Changmin grabs this opportunity to get on Junsu’s good side. “Xiahnism, mansae! Xiahnism, mansae!” He chants a few times and Junsu bursts into laughters.

The ‘eukyangkyang’ laugh – his signature laugh – fills the entire parking lot. He feels good. Suddenly he remembers the moments the both of them shared; the laughters, the sadness but all in all, they were happy. He questions himself, where did it all go wrong? His mind flew to the time when Changmin and Yunho comeback; they were on stage, holding their first trophy as a duo. The time when Changmin thanked the man whom he despises with all his heart. His laughter died soon after. He walks away, leaving Changmin behind. He doesn’t hate the Changmin, he just hate the man whom the he looks up to.

                Changmin scratches his, dumbfounded by Junsu’s behavior. It has been like this ever since they met; one time Junsu gives him the cold shoulder later he gives him the warmest smile before giving him the cold shoulder yet again. He sigh. Feeling defeated by Junsu’s attitude towards him but he won’t give up. He have another two more months to win Junsu over.

                In the car, Jaejoong is bursting with emotions; happiness, excitement, relief, gratefulness. All of these balled up causing tears to stream down his pale face. The past memories he tries so hard to suppress overwhelms him; the minute he heard Changmin said xiahnism, his mind flew to the time when five of them went to Saipan. Changmin still remembers the memories they shared. His cups his hand to his mouth, containing the sobs that are trying to escape. Right now he just wants to scream, yelling out 2 of s’ name, runs to them and hug them with all his might.

                His fingers tap the screen of his phone – searching for Yoochun’s number with eyes full of tears. He wants to share this moment; this happiness he is feeling right now. Truly, this is the best day ever for him. He saw Junsu and Changmin together again after all these years and he met him. The other end of the line rings but Yoochun didn’t pick up his phone. Jaejoong tries calling again, the happiness he felt slowly turns to annoy. He always does this.Whenever I have something important to tell him, he won’t pick up his phone. Is he avoiding me because of today?  I’ll just go to his bar later tonight.

***************************

                Yoochun’s phone lit up, Jaejoong’s name pops up on screen.

                “Aren’t you going to pick that up?” Yunho ask him, nodding his head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter