Cease

Run Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

♥ Cease - it’s the end of the road

 

 

                A silhouette of a soldier was seen fidgeting near the military base’s phone booth, contemplating whether he should dial the number he had written down on a small piece of paper. Privates loitering the area were already accustomed to the sight of their sergeant standing in front of the phone booth, ‘I bet 10,000 won Sergeant Jung is trying to call his girlfriend.’ ‘Hell man. I’ll hook you up with my sister’s friend if it’s true.’ And more empty gossips circulated around the base. Of course, Yunho heard all the gossips but he wasn’t bothered by them. He never did. It’s not like the rumours weren’t entirely true.

                After more than 5 minutes passed, he was finally able to conjure up the courage to call him. The all so familiar tone of a phone dialling was heard and with each silence, Yunho’s heart beat increased by tenfold.

                Hearing the phone call getting connected to the other end, Yunho immediately tensed. “Jaejoong?”

                “The number you have dialled-“, clack. Yunho put down the receiver to its place, clearly disappointed with the outcome. ‘Ah, his girlfriend ignored him again’ ‘If I know who the girl is, it will be big news. The paparazzi surely will go crazy, writing articles about this woman.’ The privates continued gossiping behind Yunho’s back. He ignored them, and strolled back to his quarters with his head hanging low.

                It has been a little more than a year since he met Jaejoong at the 13th Ground Forces Festival.

14 months ago

                Nervous. The only word to describe Jung Yunho at the moment. Not because he will be the Master of Ceremony for the annual 13th Ground Forces Festival, that part was basically covered. He had been performing for many years and he knew every protocol of it at the back of his hands. There’s just one thing he never had the chance to get used to – appearing in front of the public eyes together with him again, after all these years.

                How was he going to react? Acting normal? How? Should he smile? Maybe put on a poker face instead. But, that may seem rude. Should he react enthusiastically like the good old times? I don’t know but what he knew was that he has to be professional today. The refined character he had portrayed all these years.

                All those time during rehearsals, Jaejoong would always approach him in any way possible, trying to establish a communication with him. Hell, he has been doing that for the past 6 years since the lawsuit. As time passed, Yunho could find it in his heart to forgive Jaejoong’s action 6 years ago but that’s it. If the latter were to ask for more, he couldn’t possibly do more than that. Ever since that happened, Yunho had been very careful with the people around him, not wanting to be betrayed like before.

                “Yunho, I’ll be performing at the fringe stage for the next 3 days. I hope you’ll come.”

                Yunho only nodded at Jaejoong’s invitation, neither agreeing nor rejecting. It was never in Yunho’s intention to act cold towards Jaejoong, the man he once gave his heart to but it just happened.

‘We’ are in the past now, Jaejoong-ah.

                “Be sure to come, okay?” Jaejoong repeating the same question over and over again, trying so hard to get a yes from the man in front of him. All these years of trying to reconcile the broken bond they once had was nothing but wasted effort but to him, nothing would be impossible if he tries his best.

                “Ready?” a familiar voice startled Yunho from his deep thoughts and a light tap on his shoulder sent him back to reality.  He needed to be professional today.

                “Yeah.” Yunho lightly smiled at Song hyun, his co-MC for today. I need to be professional today.

                Yunho and Songhyun linked arms with each other, walking gracefully towards the podium together. All the wolves male soldiers scream in excitement seeing the beautiful Songhyun on stage, cursing at Yunho for being so lucky to have her as his co-MC. Yunho didn’t care about that. He had other important things to focus on.

                “Are you ready?” Yunho points the microphone towards the gathering crowds.

                “Yes.” “Yes!” “Oh yea.” ‘Uh huh” were the answers Yunho received.

                “We will begin now.” The excited screams from female fans could be heard, echoing at the main stage.

                “Thank you for coming to the annual 13th Ground Forces Festival. Please give your love and support to this 5-days long festival. I heard there will be lots of charming talents, and endless performance” Yunho made eye contact with Songhyun, signalling the woman’s turn to host.

                “Yes, that’s true. There will be a variety of talents from all these soldiers. It’s fascinating. Okay everyone, we will introduce you to the next performance.”

                “Yes, many of you are anticipating this next performance. It is Choi Songhui’s perfo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter