Vain - vii

Run Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♥ Vain


 

 

                The next morning, Jaejoong went to the practice room with his heart beating furiously. How should I act around Yunho? Wait, what do I feel about Yunho? I don’t know… I don’t know… Jaejoong took in a deep breath and braved himself to enter but he couldn’t find Yunho anywhere. Jaejoong let out a sigh of relief but it still weirded Jaejoong out. It’s not like Yunho to skip out on practice. “Heechul hyung, do you know where Yunho is?” “Ah, Yunho? He went back home last night.” “Why? Did he say anything before he leave?” “Not at all. But he did said his throat has been hurting this past few days.” “Really?” The news about Yunho’s throat was foreign to Jaejoong.

                Jaejoong waited for Yunho to come back but Yunho has been absent for almost 3 weeks now; even when summer vacation started, Yunho hasn’t return back to Seoul. This worries Jaejoong to no end. What if his parents are stopping him from coming back? What if he stopped training here, for good? Those thought scared Jaejoong, he pushed them away because he believed Yunho wouldn’t let go of his dreams that easily.

                On a fateful night; 29th July 2003, five boys were called to a salon by the company’s representative, completely unaware that their fate would change for the better. Jaejoong was surprised because he was called but not his group mates; whom he thought would debut together with him. The minute Jaejoong entered the salon, he was so glad to see Yunho sitting there looking healthy and cheerful but little does he know that the act Yunho put on was just a façade. Junsu was also there, sitting next to Yunho. After that, Changmin and a new trainee Junsu have never met before came in.

                “Great, you’re all here. Kim Junsu, Jung Yunho, Kim Jaejoong, Shim Changmin and Park Yoochun. Welcome. You all must be surprise to be called out so suddenly but rest assured the news that we will deliver will be good. The company is planning to form a group of lead singers; meaning if they were to be placed in different groups, those people were positioned as the lead singers. Other plans include an acapella group. I am here to inform all you are chosen to be part of this group we called ‘Dream Team’. We will evaluate your performances for a few months and will then confirm your potential to debut. Congratulations in advanced to you and the American trainee too.” The staff gave them her warm smile.

                All of them internally screamed after hearing this news. “Thank you so much, ma’am but may I ask where this American trainee is?” Jaejoong asked innocently; he hoped for a foreigner with blue eyes to join their group but his hopes shattered when the lady pointed towards the new trainee’s direction.

                What’s this? He looks 100% Korean to me. Junsu thought to himself. Junsu elbowed Changmin, who was sitting beside him. “Who’s that guy?” “Oh, Yoochun hyung? His name is Park Yoochun. He and I were trained to be a solo singer before. He’s been here since April.” “April?!” Junsu was shocked to hear that. It has only been 3 months since he started training and got the chance to officially debut? It took me 4 years to have this chance!

                The staff left and their small meeting ended with a note that they will begin training as a team starting next week. Jaejoong rushed over to Yunho who has just finished talking to one of the staff. “Yunho-ya! Where did you go all this time? Do you know how worried I was?” Jaejoong couldn’t hold it in anymore. Of course he was glad Yunho was here but that soon changed to anger, sadness and disappointment. Why didn’t you tell me before you’ll be away for a while? Why didn’t you tell me about your throat? Why did you left me hanging? Jaejoong wanted to yell all of these out to Yunho and showed him how mad he was but all of that melted away the minute Yunho flaunted his smile to him. “You’re not avoiding me and you’re worried about me. Meaning I’ve been in your mind all this time. Can I take that as a yes for the question before?”

                A flashback of them under the birch tree; Yunho pinning him and asking can they be more than friends, flashed in his mind. Jaejoong became flustered when his brain decided to remember the kiss too. Jaejoong stuttered, trying to change the topic. Yunho let out a small chuckle and pat on Jaejoong’s head. “I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter