; creamy dark caramel espresso frappuccino

caffeine ↠ hyungwonho

07 ; creamy dark caramel espresso frappuccino

It had been a week yet Hyungwon still felt so shy, his first kiss was taken and it kept him up for hours on end, his fingers brushing against his lips as he reminisced. He hadn't entered the café once since then, although he regretted it as he craved the caffeine and the mocha-haired male. It was an addiction he couldn't escape from, and if he was honest with himself, he didn't think he wanted to escape at all. On the other hand, his bestfriends were happy for him, celebrating that he had finally had a normal experience although having your first kiss at twenty-two is probably not that common. Minhyuk and Changkyun had decided to spill when they had given their first kiss away, whilst celebrating. The eldest of the three had given his away earlier this year, although tight-lipped on who the lucky male was. Changkyun hadn't kissed someone fully, but Minhyuk and Hyungwon screeched when he admitted that he'd kissed Jooheon on the cheek once. After the three had finished their celebrating, it seemed that they'd grown even closer together which seemed impossible for the trio that had been together for over ten years. 

Hyungwon muttered his apologies, sending shy smiles to the customers that sat at the table he just walked into. He'd been in a daze for the past week, and the customers didn't know whether to think it was cute or worry about the taller male. Resting his forehead against the marble counter, he pitifully moaned into the cold surface which gave him Changkyun slowly petting the back of his head. "Changkyun?" Hyungwon spoke, hearing the other male make a noise in his throat to continue. "Why did you say that Jooheon didn't know your name, but you kissed him on the cheek?" Hyungwon asked and felt the petting on his hair pause for a moment before continuing. "I kissed him on the cheek while we were in primary school, I think I was seven or was it eight?" The younger male answered, trailing off and his words seemingly like he was speaking to himself. 

"You've known Jooheon since you were seven!?" Hyungwon shot up from the marble counter, his curious eyes focused on Changkyun's shocked brown ones. "I've known him since I was seven and liked him since I was seven. When he moved away, I didn't think I'd get to see him again but Fate has its tricky ways. Kihyun and Hoseok used to go to our primary school to, you might have met them, you would've been.." The younger male corrected, waving his finger around whilst he continued talking until he paused at the end, calculating Hyungwon's age at that time. "Nine. I would have been nine which meant I never met them, remember" Hyungwon almost stated bitterly, unconsciously rubbing at the faded scar across the inside of his bicep and then to the uglier faded scar that Hoseok had failed to notice, stretching across the skin of his right hipbone. 

"No, no, no. No more dark stuff okay boys, this one" Minhyuk intercepted, pointing at Hyungwon who had seemed to almost curl up on himself as the tidal wave of memories were about to wash over him "Has just been kissed by his crush. He don't need no sadness, you hear me?" Minhyuk continued, waving his hands about before placing them on his hips making Changkyun nod his head to their omma. 

"Hyungwonnie, you head over to that café now. It's been a week, Hoseok's probably missing you just as much" The oldest male spoke softly, pushing him towards the door with a snowcoat in hand as the white flakes were falling harder the closer the got to the twenty-fifth of december. Hyungwon nodded slightly, pulling the coat firmly around his body as he stepped into the white flurry of snowflakes and hurried down the street towards the café whose lights he could just make out. 

When the taller male entered the café, he noticed the mocha-haired male who had been plaguing his thoughts for the past week scrubbing at the counters almost lifelessly. His skin was paler than usual and the tip of his nose and across the tops of his cheeks was slightly red. Sitting at his usual table, Kihyun came up to him "He's not sick. He's just been really upset the past week, since you didn't come in. Hoseok's been working himself to the bone so he doesn't think about you, he doesn't think you like him" the smaller male stated, his voice tinging in sadness the longer he watched his best-friend. "I've never had a crush before, but I do think I like him in that way. He makes me really happy, I was just shy" Hyungwon explains, the guilt slowly eating away at him until tears almost prickled in his eyes. 

"Please make him happy again, not just for me but for you also. He really really likes you, we can all see it" Kihyun asked and Hyungwon joined his long pinky with the smaller' s in an unbreakable pinky-promise. "I'll go tell him you're here, I don't think he's noticed" Kihyun said and Hyungwon nodded, relaxing slightly in the seat and playing with his fingers as he thought of what to say. 

He didn't know what to think, was seeing Hoseok like that supposed to hurt this much, like he was the one feeling it himself. Was he supposed to feel like cuddling the smaller until he smiled and laughed beautifully like he did last time?

Hyungwon ended up so deeply engrossed in his thoughts, that it took Hoseok sitting down with a new drink and slowly snapping his fingers in front of his face for him to snap out of it. "Hey, I-I am really sorry for not visiting for a week. Here" Hyungwon spoke, feeling too guilty to feel shy, pushing across a sheet of paper that Minhyuk shoved in his pocket at the last minute. "What's this?" He questioned, his fingers running through his hair a couple times before bringing the paper closer to read it. 

"It's instructions on how to make my favourite type of ramyeon, I remembered that you love ramyeon so I thought you might want it" Hyungwon replied and was so grateful to Minhyuk, he would have forgotten the sheet if it wasn't for the shorter blonde male. Hoseok smiled softly, the pain in his eyes disappearing as his heart warmed at the gesture. "You remembered" He said softly, wanting to grin that his crush had actually remembered his favourite food. "Of course I remembered. Hoseok, I'm not sure if I have a cru-us-sh on you or not, but I do like you. A l-lot. I'm really sorr-r-y for not being here, pl-l-eas-se forgive me" Hyungwon spoke back, his eyes locked with the warm-brown eyes of the other male. 

"It's alright, I forgive you. Oh, here you go" Hoseok said, his voice growing increasingly brighter as he pushed a plastic cup full of a dark 
icy-liquid towards him. "It's a creamy dark caramel espresso frappucino, it's a long name I know but I thought it was perfect since it's as dark as my life has been in the past week while you weren't here"  Hoseok explained and Hyungwon reached for the menu, lifting it up and placing a lingering kiss on the older's cheek which was dangerously close to his inviting pink lips. "I would cho-oo-ose lighter drinks from now on, I won't be disa-ap-ppear-r-ing like that ever again"  The younger male slightly stuttered, a pink blush covering his cheeks at his action whilst he watched as Hoseok's jaw dropped from the sudden action. 

"Your voice is really cute when you aren't stuttering, aw is my effect wearing off on you already?" Hoseok said, something swirling in his eyes that made Hyungwon's heart flutter as he became a complete stuttering mess. 

Hoseok was back to normal.

♡✘♡

hey guys, 

this is a bit more sadder than i would have liked for a fluffy fan fiction, but every fan fiction needs a little drama in it don't they. yeah, so it turns out that hyungwon could have known hoseok since he was very young, but why wasn't he at school? there's a little bit of mystery to hyungwon, which i hope to slowly unravel in caffeine but also cinnamon tea & macaroons so sweethearts, please be patient. also, is anyone else fangirling that changkyun kissed jooheon on the cheek or that hyungwon kissed hoseok on the cheek. no? alrighty then, sad fangirling party in the corner with just myself then. alrighty then sweethearts, that wraps up my sad little authors note, the next update will be our christmas special so just wait for the cuteness, cause there is going to be a whole chapter full. 

p.s do you like the name sweethearts, yes or no?

bye,

bailee