; warm sugar cookie

caffeine ↠ hyungwonho

before we get this chapter started (warning : feels ahead), i just wanted to personally dedicate this chapter to a favourite dongsaeng of mine, letta. despite being a few years apart, we are soul twins and i seriously love her like she was my own blood-related sister. and to think that i met her on aff, when she messaged on my wall to be mutuals and then told me that she fangirls about caffeine to her friends?? if you are reading this letta, i really hope you like this chapter. i wanted to make sure that you smiled really brightly even though you completely cursed me out when i shared teasers lol. 

p.s i know i promised you sweethearts would get to meet kihyun's boyfriend on new years so im really sorry. he might show up soon tho

BTW hyungwon has changed so much from the shy stuttering boy at the start, i am so proud jfc

this is such a fluffy chapter, im a melted mess help

little angst but meh

• 🌸 •

09 ; warm sugar cookie
word count : 3, 321 words

Hyungwon gripped onto his boyfriend's hand tightly, interlacing their fingers together as the smaller of the pair lead him towards an unknown location that he wasn't allowed to know, being a surprise with the thick black blindfold covering his eyes. Hoseok though, was being a complete sweetheart that he was, made sure that his clumsy boyfriend didn't trip over anything by leading him gently. The brunette also rubbed soothing circles in the back of their joined hands with his free thumb, calming the taller boy from his irrational fear that he would fall over which was completely impossible with the shorter by his side. He was silently praying that Hyungwon would like where they were going, although anticipating getting hit when they would finally arrive, since he made them walk all the way there instead of driving. They'd never gone on a first proper date yet, despite dating for almost four months. Their time was spent being rather domestic ; in the café, cooking dinner together although all Hyungwon could cook was ramyeon (the shorter wasn't complaining), cuddling on the couch watching their favorite movies. The craziest the pair had been was their sneaky kisses in the kitchen, Hoseok constantly needing to aid his addiction : their cookie dough and the taller's lips. So he thought out a plan to take them out on their first date, the other five supplying him with ideas, Minhyuk and Changkyun being the best by telling him Hyungwon's idea of a perfect date. The brunette had laughed adorably when Minhyuk and Changkyun told him, because of how completely sappy and Hyungwon-like that it was. And Hoseok loved it.

After three minutes Hyungwon began pouting, sticking out his lower lip completely and Hoseok's heart faltered. It had become on of his major weaknesses from the very beginning, he could never resist his baby's pout. Ever. "Hoseokkie~" Hyungwon called out sweetly and the shorter bit his lip, having to turn away before the pout messed with his mind too much. "Jagiya~ please tell me where we are going" the taller cooed, pull their joined hands so that their foreheads rested against each other, the silkiness of the blindfold brushing against Hoseok's nose and cheeks. "I-I can't i-i-it's a sur-rprise" he stuttered and Hyungwon chuckled low in his throat, fanning hot air across the brunette's parted lips. His entire body ached for the taller, to sloth their mouths together, to completely succumb to his addiction. And with Hyungwon coming the ever closer, it was a true wonder how he was able to pull back, merely kissing his boyfriend on the cheek before starting to walk again. "It's not too far away now, a couple of minutes and jagiya— I promise you'll love it" he said calmly, his mind however being the complete opposite. Hyungwon knew the effect he had and was willing to use it to ruin his own surprise. What a sneaky little minx he had.

Another two minutes and like the shorter had promised, the pair had finally arrived. Pulling Hyungwon to a stop, he untangled their fingers to slowly pull away the blindfold, letting the other male stare in complete amazement at the large amusement park in front of his eyes. It's lights gleamed, the park being overfilled with the sounds of young children's giggly laughter and the slight clanking of machines. He'd always had a fascination with amusement parks since he was young, and hearing about one being built so close to the patisserie had made him desperate to go since it finished it's construction last month. However, being so caught up with Hoseok and his best-friends, it had completely slipped his mind until he was staring at it directly. Turning around so quickly that the older male had no time to process, Hyungwon with the most dazzling smile on his face, grabbed handfuls of his shirt and kissed him until they both had to part for air. "How did you know?" He breathed, watching as the other male's slightly swollen lips turned upwards into his favorite smile "We've never really been on a proper date, or had our actual first date. So I thought it was time for one, Minhyuk and Changkyun helped. Do you like it?" Hoseok questioned almost shyly, which earned him another long kiss much to the bright redness of his cheeks.

"Am I gonna be able to breathe at all on this date or are you going to keep kissing me?" Hoseok chuckled and the other male just smirked "I don't know, are you going to keep giving me reasons to kiss you?" he replied back cheekily and the brunette bit his lip, willing away his urge to just kiss his boyfriend silly. "Maybe, it depends on if what I have planned out are counted as your reasons".

"Now come on, I actually want to get this date started before it gets too late" He whined a second later, dropping his cheeky act immediately and pouting at the younger like a little child. "And our friends wonder why everyone thinks I am the older one.  Okay, let's go" Hyungwon caved and Hoseok smiled instantaneously, ready to completely blow his mind with what he had planned for their night.  Tugging their conjoined hands, the shorter eagerly pulled them into the line for entry passes, Hyungwon's arms instinctively wrapping around the elder's waist and rested his head on one of the brunette's wide shoulders. Although after hearing a few of the ahjummas around them grumble and whisper negative words under their breath about the couple, Hoseok curled himself back into Hyungwon who tightened his hold on the smaller. Despite being openly biual, he wasn't able to deal with people criticizing him for his uality which caused him to always recoil and hide, stemming from the bullying and taunting he received as a child. Hyungwon knew and tried his hardest to comfort him in those rare times, but he could only sympathize since Minhyuk and Changkyun had scared away any chances of him being bullied when they were younger.

"Please stop bothering us, our relationship has nothing to do with you so stop talking about it like it is a display piece worth your commentary. If you are done, I'd actually like to get back to my date without being bothered by busybodies" Hyungwon growled out, a underlying threat in his tone causing most of the ahjummas to clam up and the tensed body compressed against his chest to actually relax. Hoseok entwined the younger's hand that were resting on his waist with his own, trying to soothe his flare in temper by drawing random patterns on the other boy's hand with a finger. Pulling him close to his chest still, the younger relaxed slightly and nuzzled into the side of Hoseok's neck, his scent of flowers and roasted coffee beans calming him further. "My my, what a lack of disrespect these kids have nowadays. Back when I was that age, the idea of two boys being together was repulsive" One quipped up clearly being more daring than the rest, challenging the taller and finding enjoyment out of verbally abusing his delicate other half. "I don't give a damn about what respect you had when you were our age, heads up if you didn't already realize, but you need to pull your head out of your . Your old-fashioned views are seriously pissing me off" Hyungwon swore and went to release his hands, to really give the lady a piece of his mind but Hoseok shook his head, so instead they just looked at her. She went pale as a sheet, then turning a vibrant red as her own anger spiked. She turned, briskly towards one of the workers of the amusement park, working in a booth to sell the entry tickets that the pair were waiting for "Are you going to do anything about this, he's swearing in front of children". The boy was smaller than the both of them, light pink hair with a soft and round face but when he smiled, his dimples and crinkled eyes reminded them of Jooheon. His next words how reminded Hyungwon of Kihyun exactly.

"Ahjumma, I suggest you back the off and leave this couple alone. What have they done to you other than be the same gender?" He said sweetly, his tone of voice not matching the words coming out of his mouth. She stepped back in shock, opening to defend herself but he raised a finger to his lips, shushing her. He wasn't finished either. "You see that cowering boy, right? That's my boyfriend's best friend. And he has spent the past three days preparing the best first date for his boyfriend, the one you've been challenging" He continued, pointing at both Hoseok and a confused Hyungwon whilst he talked. "If you are that against homouality, you better take your grandchildren and leave, because both my dads work here". The line went quite before taking off in an uproar, leaving the ahjumma completely embarrassed and flustered beyond belief. She gather up her three young grandchildren before turning around and stalking away, her apologetic husband in tow.

"Sorry for the swearing everyone" the pink-haired boy spoke again, once the lady was out of everyone's sight. His voice, Hyungwon found out, was actually naturally soft and sweet when he was actually being genuine. "Hoseok, Hyungwon, just head straight through. I'll tell Jeonghan about this, the tickets are free" he added afterwards and the taller male of the three of them, just watched as Hoseok detached himself to walk over and give the unknown boy a hug. Hyungwon, not wanting to be apart from the boy after the incident, easily followed behind. "Thanks Jihoon, still coming for dinner tomorrow?" he asked and the boy, Jihoon, nodded. "Kihyun would have my otherwise, it's been too long since we last had dinner together" Jihoon replied, running one hand through his hair before handing two wristbands to the smaller male. "Take two lefts and it should be right there".

Murmuring their thanks, the pair once again entwined their fingers and finally headed into the park. Hyungwon lost his breath again, however not from kissing Hoseok or because of how angry he was, but from the child-like innocence and beauty that radiated from the amusement park in waves. It was one of the many reasons that he has such a fascination with them.

Hyungwon pulled them over to the nearest picnic bench, pushing the older onto the seat and immediately capturing his lips. He wanted him to smile easily, and this was the best way he knew how. Hoseok relaxed, his arms coming to lazy rest around Hyungwon's neck. The smaller male parted first, pressing their foreheads together although it was the taller who brushed their noses together gently. "I have gone so soft for you" He breathes and Hyungwon just chuckles knowing how true the statement was. "You picked up my embarrassed stutter too" he quips and watched the other's cheeks go a light pink. "It's not fair! I loved your stutter, now you barely do it anymore. It's like I don't even have an effect on you anymore" Hoseok complained and Hyungwon pecked his lips briefly. "It's only because I know how to hide it better" Hyungwon smiled, watching the other mirror his actions. "Plus I love it when you stutter, Mr.I-Was-Born-y" he continued and watched the light pink deepen into a intoxicating red. Hyungwon had teared up with laughter when Kihyun told him, because of

"When did I start letting y-you tease me all the t-time, can I actually get our date started or a-are you going to contin-nue teasing me like I'm the female in this rel-lationship. Bec-c-cause I'm not!" Hoseok cried, slightly stuttering which was his tell-tale sign that he was embarrassed, paired with his currently flaming cheeks. Hyungwon just smirked, chuckling low in his throat and watching as the other shivered visibly because of it. Over the months that they'd been together, one of the things that Hyungwon picked up would be that when his voice lowered Hoseok shivered, every single time. "I'm not the shorter one though, am I Hoseokkie~" the taller playfully taunted, brushing a lone finger lightly over the shape of the boy's face, lifting the finger away when he reached Hoseok's chin and stood up. When he stood at his proper height, despite being almost two years younger, Hyungwon was close to being two inches taller to his flirty barista of a boyfriend. Said boyfriend huffed annoyed, puffing out his cheeks while he turned away, knowing that Hyungwon was watching him "Says the one whose neck is painted pink and purple"

"Alright, you win jagiya. What exactly are we doing on our date?" Hyungwon caved, feeling the pads of the older male's fingers pressing against the column of his throat, where all his markings resided, underneath the black turtleneck. Hoseok hummed in approval at the reply, fingers hooked around the edge to pull the neck of the sweater away from his neck, the largest purple mark becoming easily visible. "How about you just follow me and it stays a surprise?" he said huskily, watching as the younger male nodded jerkily, a little in shock for his seductive tone being used so easily in public. It made his knees turn to jelly.

Stepping away from the bench where they'd spent their last five minutes kissing and playful bickering like an old-married couple, Hoseok led Hyungwon towards the amusement park's sole café. It wasn't really a café, more like a fusion between one and a restaurant but the sign out the front stated otherwise. "We are having dinner?" Hyungwon asked confused. He thought they were at an amusement park to actually go on the rides, so why were they getting dinner instead?

"Trust me, you'll love what I have planned. And I thought it would be best that we get some food into us before you start running us around so that we try out every ride before we go home" Hoseok stated knowingly as he pushed open the doors to the Cheonsa café, the male's best friends informing him on just how much of a child his boyfriend acted when it came to amusement parks. "Why am I so lucky to have you?" Hyungwon murmured, clearly it was supposed to be to himself but due to the pair's close proximity, the brunette heard him. "Actually I should be the one asking that, since it was you who came into our café randomly one day and took my breath away" he replied smoothly and listened as Hyungwon's breath caught in his throat. It was common for the male to shower him in compliments, and in return he would sincerely return the favour, but sometimes he was just so casual when he did it that it stopped his heart.

The shorter of two hit the bell on the restaraunt half and the pair watched as a boy rushed over, his hair a little messy and lips a little swollen. "Hi there, I'm Jeonghan and I'll— Shin Hoseok! You're twenty minutes late" He spoke robotically at first, like he was reading off a script until he noticed who exactly was standing in front of them. Hyungwon guessed by his reaction that this Jeonghan was another friend of Hoseok's, like the pink haired boy Jihoon. "Jeonghan, why am I not surprised you spent the time making out with Seungcheol?" The brunette retorted and the younger male watched as Jeonghan's cheeks tinged pink. "I'm not going to deny kissing my husband thank you very much, when my supposed best friend can't even be on time for his own date!" the boy replied playfully. The two shook their heads at each other, clearly the playful bickering was a common thing for them, Hyungwon realised.

"Anyway come on through, you guys, we saved the best table for you" he spoke again, the boys eagerly following him when he turned and walked away. Jeonghan was right when he said it was the best table, a comfortable booth with a clear of the uniquely coloured sakura trees that took up most of the space at the side of the cafe. "Thanks Jeonghan" Hoseok smiled to the taller male, whilst pulling out Hyungwon's seat so that the younger could sit down. 

Jeonghan's lips quirked up, reminiscing when Seungcheol had done the same for him for the first time. He was much like Hyungwon was acting now, bright pink face and a shy smile. "Your food will be out shortly" he said quickly, bowing a goodbye and heading back into the kitchen where his handsome husband was undoubtably waiting. 

"Jagi, we didn't even order?" Hyungwon asked confused, turning to face the brunette after the kitchen doors closed behind Jeonghan's retreating back. "I already told Jeonghan and Seungcheol our orders days ago, I wanted this to be perfect" he answered cooly, reaching across the table to grab the younger's hands and play with his fingers "It's jjangmyeon and your favorite ; grilled marinated pork ribs" Hyungwon had never wanted to kiss someone so badly as he had in that moment, and he was never one to deny his strongest desires, gripping Hoseok by the nape of his neck and smashing their lips together. The older male gasped, their kiss deepening for a fraction of a second before they pulled away, both of their lips kissed red and swollen. 

"I-I think I just went to heaven or something" Hoseok breathed, biting his bottom lip shyly. "That won't be the first time, you should get used to it if you keep being so amazing like this" Hyungwon replied easily, looking incredibly y with his pouty lips being so red and hair slightly mussed up from Hoseok's wandering fingers. 

"What if I told you that my plan for our date was dinner, the amusement park followed by cuddling on the couch watching Sleeping Beauty?" The shorter questioned, followed by a short gasp as his mouth was again pressed firmly against Hyungwons. He mewled low in his throat, hands bunched up in the other's turtleneck and Hyungwon's hands positioned on his neck and cheek. Hoseok couldn't breathe, completely enveloped in the strawberry and cinnamon scent that belonged to Hyungwon, and Hyungwon alone. It made him dizzy to think the male kissing him so strongly yet gently, was the same one who couldn't speak a sentence to him months ago without stuttering adorably. His eyes fluttered open at the same time as the other male's did, their gaze connecting and an electric current buzzing between them. 

Parting the second time around took all of their strength combined, but it didn't pull them completely away, their foreheads together and noses brushing. 

"God, I love you more than words could express"

"You love me?"