; late christmas special [showhyuk]

caffeine ↠ hyungwonho

christmas special ; showhyuk version
word count : 3 386 words

Minhyuk woke up earlier than what Changkyun thought on Christmas morning, throwing a long coat on to cover his pyjamas. He turned to watch Hyungwon pull the youngest even closer still, making up for the lost warmth of the blonde which probably the reason why Changkyun's tears made his face stick to Hyungwon's shirt when he woke up later. Grabbing the keys to lock up the patisserie after himself, Minhyuk headed to the café even though it was barely seven in the morning, knowing that the boys would open it for him. He was right, when he reached the door, Kihyun ran to open it. He was dressed in Christmassy clothes, similar to Changkyun and Hyungwon back at home. "Morning Kihyun, I'll just head straight up" Minhyuk smiled at the shorter who nodded before returning to prepping the café, always the second one awake in the morning although he was the only one who willingly decided to clean.

Minhyuk opened the door at the very end of the hall, walking inside and plopping onto the soft mattress. The four boys café was much larger than their patisserie, having three rooms and a bathroom above it whilst Minhyuk and the two sleepyheads had one of each. He was tempted to doze off back to sleep with his face in the covers until a certain teddy-bear started pressing kisses on the skin of his neck which wasn't covered by his coat. "Baby, come here" his voice rumbled, sounding deeper since he was partly-asleep. The shorter complied, pulling off his coat and throwing it to the floor and crawling up to Hyunwoo whose back was resting on the headboard. Wearing a tight-fitting tank, Hyunwoo's arm muscles were doing things to Minhyuk's insides that caused him to blush pink. Moving until he was underneath the covers, Minhyuk pressed his lips to Hyunwoo's in a sweet kiss as he laid on top of him. "I love you" the blonde muttered sleepily, nosing his partner's neck gently as he breathed in his relaxing scent. "I love you too, now go to sleep. I'll wake you up in two hours" Hyunwoo replied and setting an alarm on his phone, wrapped his arms around Minhyuk's waist and turned them, making the smaller the little spoon.

•❄️•

Hyunwoo woke up twenty minutes before his alarm was set to go off, so he spent five minutes admiring his little blonde boyfriend who was sleeping peacefully, both of his hand gripping his shirt as his face was buried in his chest. They'd been official for two months, however when Minhyuk had explained Hyungwon's disorder, it was the older male that suggested they wait for the right time to tell them. Now with Hoseok being in Hyungwon's life for the past two weeks, it seemed that they might actually become properly official instead of Minhyuk having to wake up at ten to six every morning just to get his kisses and sleepy cuddles.

Admiring his fluttering eyelashes, Hyunwoo gently trailed a finger above his eyebrow, down the line of his nose and let his thumb brush across the soft lips that parted slightly. "Jagi, what are you doing?" Minhyuk asked sleepily, flicking out his tongue to wet his lips as his half-lidded eyes looked directly at him. "I'm admiring how beautiful you and how lucky I am to have you" Hyunwoo said truthfully before gathering the small male in his arms and moving them around, getting them in the position he wanted. Minhyuk was underneath him, Hyunwoo's arms by his head to cage him in but he wouldn't want to go anywhere else, not when the older male's lips claimed his own. Hyunwoo was addicting to the blonde, much like his favourite drink of cinnamon tea that had ended up getting him to this point. Their lips only broke to trail kisses elsewhere ; Hyunwoo kissing all over the smallers face whilst Minhyuk liked kissing the curve of the teddy-bears throat, where his pulse beat strongly.

Cuddling together, they almost dozed off again until the alarm buzzed loudly, causing the two of them to wake up fully. "I love you. Merry Christmas baby. My presents under your tree downstairs. I love you so much. Bye" Minhyuk said, speaking in short sentences so he could kiss Hyunwoo multiple times before he left.

Minhyuk made sure to double-check, but his cherry-red presents were like beacons amongst the pattern-printed of the other presents. "I'll see you soon, if these four hurry up, maybe we can spend New Year's together" Minhyuk smiled and Kihyun nodded at the suggestion "Definetly, I'll bring my boyfriend" the smaller male said and the blonde squealed happily "Yes! I want to meet this boy you are so in love with!". The two of them high-fived before the older noticed the time, waving apologetically as he ran out the door and back to the patisserie. It was half past nine now, but the blonde still had to get back and wake up Changkyun so they could surprise Hyungwon. Although he knew how badly the taller would react, he was hoping to spend the perfect Christmas with him this year, last years being spent in the hospital. Opening the door to the patisserie, Minhyuk quickly headed upstairs to wake up Changkyun who was clutching to Hyungwon in his sleep, like the older-male was his lifeline.

His eyes were puffy, his cheeks swollen and red. It made Minhyuk's heart clench painfully, hearing the confession come out of the younger male's lips last night left him with many questions but also the shocking reality that Changkyun had hidden something from the two of them this entire time. Minhyuk started shaking his shoulder and the younger male slowing rousing, looking at the blonde with unfocused eyes as he tried to push the sleepiness away and focus. The elder male gestured to the stairs and saw the younger's eyes widen slowly moments later when he understood what the gesture meant. "That's a bad idea, you know how he gets when we leave him alone whilst he's asleep" Changkyun pointed out, his voice low and rough from sleep. Minhyuk waved it away, already knowing that would be his answer but the need to make this Hyungwon's perfect Christmas was winning. "Kkukkungie, we will be very quick. I want to have a perfect Christmas with Hyungwonnie" He pleaded and Changkyun groaned, pulling his sticky face away from Hyungwon's clothed chest to get out of the bed. Minhyuk knew that Changkyun would fold, both for the love of his bestfriend and the nickname that Hoseok had given the younger back when they were in elementary school. Hoseok could get anything he wanted out of Changkyun when he said that nickname.

The moment Changkyun's warmth left the bed, Hyungwon moved around, his nose scrunching up cutely as his hands roamed in his sleep to find the two sources of warmth known as his best-friends. "We've got about a minute before he wakes up. Go, Go, Go!" Changkyun rushed Minhyuk and the two of them sprinted down the stairs, collecting the presents hastily. Hearing Hyungwon desperately call their names mid-way, Minhyuk shared a panicked glance with Changkyun before gathering the rest and sprinting back upstairs. Minhyuk entered their room first, his motherly cuddles always doing the best to calm down the male when he had his panic attacks. Dropping his collected presents on the bedspread, Minhyuk pulled the rocking boy into his arms, rubbing his back whilst rocking the both of them back and forth. Changkyun entered soon after, copying what Minhyuk had done, dropping the presents on the bed and pulling the older male into a hug.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't panic this much but I was so scared" Hyungwon sobbed into their shirts, clenching the fabric as he failed to calm himself down. Minhyuk shared a look with Changkyun over Hyungwon's shoulders, almost grateful that this was only a minor panic attack. His major ones usually had the patisserie closed for the day because Hyungwon wouldn't let them go anywhere, Minhyuk shuddered remembering when Changkyun had to peel Hyungwon off of him so he could go to the bathroom. Rubbing his back softly, it was the Changkyun's turn to soothe him "It's not your fault you have severe separation anxiety disorder". Minhyuk gathered the presents whilst Changkyun soothed the taller male, creating a looming pile in front of the three of them.

They cuddled for a long time, the second youngest finding comfort in the two people he had rejected becoming his friends for the longest time. Hyungwon didn't want to let go, and neither did they.

"Let's open these" Hyungwon finally stated when the sobs had left his voice, eager to turn this Christmas into a truely perfect one. Minhyuk and Changkyun seperated the large pile of presents into three groups, with different types of wrapping paper to tell which present belonged to who. With a quick glance at each other, they tore into their presents and theh patisserie was filled with excited squeals as they all received what they had wished for, a perk reserved for best-friends who knew you like the back of their hand.

However, when all the presents were finished, Minhyuk and Changkyun pulled out another present which had Hyungwon's wrapping over it, which confused the male as he clearly tried to think of anything else he had wished for and came up blank. "Now this one can only be used today. We know you didn't ask for it- but um.." Changkyun started but trailed off, looking desperately towards Minhyuk for help. "You didn't ask or wish for this present, but it will help you. Trust us" he continued on and sent a warm smile that had the taller male smiling back, trusting Minhyuk. Slowly opening the present, Hyungwon got more confused however when he was met with green leaves, white berries and red ribbon.

"It's mistletoe, so you can get that kiss your heart is longing for" Changkyun said teasingly, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively which made both Minhyuk and Hyungwon hit him, although the second youngest' face was bright red. "S-Shut u-u-up" Hyungwon stuttered, trying to regain his composure as he held the festive plant in his hands. Changkyun rubbed his shoulders which Minhyuk noticed, no doubt both of them red as the blonde internally apoligising for putting so much power into his hit.

"It's ten a.m now, the patisserie doesn't open until eleven since the customers will probably want to spend time with their families so your break will be at twelve. What Changkyun and I were thinking was that you grab your drink but say that the patisserie is packed and that you have to go, Hoseok will most likely walk you to the door. Then you lift the mistletoe and kiss him" Minhyuk explained, talking about a detailed plan that he had come up with on his own, with a little help from his teddy-bear."Okay, I'll do it" Hyungwon smiled brightly, gently playing with the fake white berries of the plant.

"That's great! Now we have to choose our Christmas outfits" Minhyuk said but when he stood up, all the blood rushed to his face as he felt his foot get caught and the slow reality as he toppled off the side of the bed. Changkyun and Hyungwon burst out in laughter, making Minhyuk swell with anger on the floor, although looking like an adorable red caterpillar. "That's great, what great friends you are" The blonde said loudly from the floor, struggling to release himself from the cocoon of sheets. He wriggled around, pulling the sheets completely off the bed and almost bringing Hyungwon and Changkyun with them. He finally freed himself when the two youngest had finally stopped their laughter and got off the bed to help him.

"Let's just go pick our outfits" Minhyuk sulked, stalking over to their combined closet although smiling when the two engulfed him in a group hug. Changkyun murmured his sorry into one shoulder, Hyungwon doing the same with the opposite shoulder. Ruffling their hair, Minhyuk kissed both their foreheads in acceptance for their apology.

•❄️•

Eleven a.m came and went, midday slowly creeping up and Minhyuk could see Hyungwon internally panicking, it was cute he had to admit. It reminded the blonde of how he acted before his first date with Hyunwoo, absolutely panicking over what to wear to dinner. In the end, Hyunwoo had kissed him silly because he took to long then they headed to dinner. Butterflies fluttered around in his tummy at the memory, pink rising to his cheeks as he wished for the the comfortable warmth that came with his precious teddy-bear and his cuddles.

Finishing the last of the customer's orders, he watched as Hyungwon cleaned down the tables in his Oh Deer! shirt with adorable Christmas antlers on his head. "Hyungwonnie, it's twelve now. Time for your break, good luck" Minhyuk called out and both Minhyuk and Changkyun winked at him before laughing, Hyungwon just shaking his head at them and grabbing his jacket to slip on as he left the patisserie.

Changkyun moved to take over Hyungwon's place of cleaning the tables but Minhyuk grasped his wrist firmly and gestured towards the back-room. "Sorry ladies, we will be back in a few minutes" The blonde said cooly and tugged Changkyun from the customers, the girls chatting excitedly behind them over Minhyuk's apparent flirty behaviour. The moment the door was closed, Minhyuk turned to him with the saddest expression, portraying the feeling that Hyunwoo had tried to remove from his eyes this morning.

It was heartbreak.

"I-I hea-ard you" Minhyuk said quietly, his voice cracking as he tried to keep the tears at bay. He'd wanted to ease into the conversation but the sobs bubbling up in his throat prevented that. Minhyuk watched as the blood drained out of the younger's face. "I heard you. Last night. Crying out Jooheon's name in your sleep. Asking him to save you" Minhyuk spoke again but in small sentences, to make sure that his voice didn't break again while he was trying to talk to the younger. Changkyun swallowed harshly, tears threatening to spring forth.

"It's been so long, I thought I got rid of them for good" Changkyun whispered, his hand reaching up to fist itself in his hair, tugging at the dark-brown strands painfully. "Ah ah, no. Don't hurt yourself, please don't" Minhyuk pleaded, his soft paler hands reaching down to untangle the mass of hair and skin. "Until I moved out when I was sixteen, I was verbally abused by both my parents and the rest of my family. They are extremely homophobic and didn't agree to a seven-year old being in love with another boy" Changkyun started, his fingers entangling with Minhyuk's as he tried to calm himself down slightly so he could continue. "I was seven, I didn't understand the words they were throwing at me, only that Jooheon made me happy and that I wanted to stay by his side forever" Changkyun continued and absentmindedly brushed over a scar that had been carved into his skin for thirteen years, it was distorted and ugly. "I got this when my father saw me kiss Jooheon on the cheek" Changkyun whispered, Minhyuk winced when he saw it, it reminded him of the scar on his back. Changkyun lifted up his shirt to show the strange mottling on his skin that Minhyuk had noticed but never questioned "I got this when my father became abusive for the second time, seeing me kiss Jooheon on the cheek for the last time as he moved away" Changkyun brushed his fingers over the marks, flinching which Minhyuk noticed, rubbing the back of Changkyun's hands to soothe him.

"I was beaten so badly, I almost died but he refused to take me to the hospital. A family doctor was brought in to make sure my bones healed, but some of my ribs were so close to piercing the skin that they left permanent marks on my skin" Changkyun had finished and he saw a tear slip out of Minhyuk's eye, the elder trying not to let one slip, but the battle was lost.

"I used to cry myself to sleep, usually mumbling his name through my sobs until I turned sixteen and moved out of that house, and into our first flat with you guys. From the first night we all slept in bed together, the memories didn't haunt me anymore and I didn't need to cry" Changkyun finished, his voice lightening up as he calmed down, mentioning his two rocks of support. "We helped you?" Minhyuk questioned brokenly, doubt heavy in his voice as he tried to think on how he could have helped. "Yes, I love you, both of you for helping me. I couldn't ask for better bestfriends, because I got the best of the best and I'm so lucky" Changkyun brushed the hair away from Minhyuk's forehead and kissing it softly before bringing the sobbing male into his arms, the blonde having a hard time dealing with all the new information.

"It's okay now. Shush sunshine" Changkyun rocked them, murmuring Minhyuk's nickname that usually made him smile. "I'm fine now, they can't hurt me anymore"

"I love you too Changkyun, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you" Minhyuk sobbed out, the youngest male rubbing his back. Guilt washed over the blonde, wanting to cry from leaving Changkyun alone with his problems for so long

"I didn't need protecting, I needed someone to save me. And you did, you both did" Changkyun replied.

•❄️•

After their intense heart-to-heart, Minhyuk had to head upstairs to wash his face and redo his smudged and running makeup. He looked like a mess, something he wished none of his customers ever had to see him like. It took him a while to fix up, deciding to remove all his make-up before reapplying instead of doing touch-ups over the smudged. Hyungwon was back at the patisserie when Minhyuk returned into the shop, although he wasn't alone judging by his arms wrapped around a shorter Hoseok as he filled out customers orders from behind the counter. "Have a good day" Hoseok waved goodbye to one of the customers, giggling uncharacteristically as Hyungwon kissed down his neck also being unlike himself who a week and a half ago, was shy from his first kiss.

"Woah guys, how long has this been going on for?" Minhyuk questioned, his eyebrows wiggling suggestively as both males turned towards him shocked, with bright red faces as they were caught. The blonde male wanted to giggle but held it back "U-um t-t-wo ho-urs?" Hyungwon stuttered out, adjusting his glasses with one hand as the one was entwined with Hoseok's.  "And where's Changkyun?" Minhyuk asked again when he noticed that the patisserie lacked the youngest's presence. "I can answer that one, he's with Jooheon" Hoseok spoke up and grabbed his phone out of his pocket to show Minhyuk the photo that was sent to him three minutes before hand. It was a selfie of Jooheon kissing Changkyun passionately with the caption below 'JOOKYUN IS REAL! JOOKYUN FOREVER'. "Well" Minhyuk laughed "That's one way to announce your relationship"

"Why don't you go see Hyunwoo? Hyungwon and I will man the store" Hoseok suggested, nudging his boyfriends hip who then nodded at the suggestion. "Y-Yeah" Hyungwon spoke up, still stuttering nervously since he was caught. "Baby boy, stop worrying so much. You know that I have loved you two before you even got together" Minhyuk said in a motherly tone, gesturing towards Hyungwon so that he could squat down a little, letting the blonde male peck his forehead before grabbing his coat. "Now if you don't mind, I have somebody to go surprise" Minhyuk smiled brightly and headed out the door, the boys and customers waving goodbye to the ball of sunshine as he headed to the café.

He headed into the café and ran into Hyunwoo's arms. He was so happy that he didn't even care of the shocked customers, rather the delighted expression on his usually emotionless-faced boyfriend. "Baby, what's with the random hug?" Hyunwoo questioned, playing with the blonde strands of Minhyuk's hair "We don't have to hide anymore" The blonde replied and Hyunwoo smiled widely, picking his small boyfriend up and twirling him around. Minhyuk giggled and connected their lips, his hands gently tangling in the hairs at the back of his head.

When they finished spinning and Hyunwoo set him down, however linking his fingers with Minhyuk's, the blonde turned towards Kihyun.

"New Year's is definitely on"

•••

hey sweethearts,

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!!

I know that I am late with the Showhyuk version and I promised it yesterday, so I'm really sorry. Yeah guys, Showhyuk has been officially a couple for two months and Kihyun does have a boyfriend who you'll meet on the 28th of January, for the New Year's update (going off the Korean New Year for 2017). Other than that.... MORE HYUNGWONHO! I swear to god I love this couple more than I love chocolate and that's a lot. Also Jookyun, god I cried from laughter when I wrote that little bit, it reminds me of when Jackson announced Marskon Forever on one of the shows he and Mark were on. Please look forward to it, it'll be four times the fluff so be patient. Also continue to message your questions for the characters, all which I will answer on Thursday.

bye,

bailee