; spiced apple chai

caffeine ↠ hyungwonho

08 ; spiced apple chai

word count : 913 words

Hyungwon played with a loose string on his oversized jumper that he hastily had thrown over his uniform, it was still snowing rather heavily despite the snow being forecasted to let up some with the start of January.  Shyly threading his fingers together, he waited for Hoseok who hadn't shown up yet, despite Hyungwon sitting in his café. It had been twenty-two days since he had kissed the shorter underneath his hand-held mistletoe. They'd been acting like they were dating, despite Hoseok or Hyungwon ever asking the other, which now confused the ebony-haired male. Were they dating? Were they not?

And like usual, being deep in his thoughts, Hyungwon completely missed his boyfriend(?) sliding into the seat across from him. Hoseok had the brightest smile on and his hands were under the table, fiddling with a small box. He'd also slid across an iced drink, still on the very-exclusive personal tour since he enjoyed watching Hyungwon experience the world of caffiene. "Jagi? Jagiya?" he said softly but got no response from the taller, who was staring unblinkingly at the table top. His free hand s across the table top to entwine with Hyungwon's larger hand, their hands fitting together like cliché puzzle pieces. It was always when their hands were together did Hoseok notice the slight difference in their skin tones, his being a shade or two lighter than that of Hyungwon's. Almost like he was the creamer to the taller's cappucino, and he never stopped loving it.

"Hyungwonnie~~" he whined, sounding almost like a petulant child. Usually when Hoseok held his hand, Hyungwon would look at him, even if he was thinking. That wasn't the case at the moment and the shorter almost felt a twinge of jealously for the table top, getting such a beautiful boy to stare at it, even if he was drowed in his own thoughts. Hoseok slowly leaned in and captured Hyungwon's lips with his, resorting to a last ditch effort. It worked, Hyungwon's eyes fluttered shut and he melted into Hoseok instaneously. Capturing the box between his knees under the table, the shorter used his now free hand to play with the youngers hair as they continued to kiss, just the way he liked it.

When the pair pulled away, they were both breathless and Hyungwon's lips were even more swollen than before, which was extremely attractive to Hoseok who already considered them in their normal state to be a major weakness of his. "What was that for?" Hyungwon whispered lowly, still trying to catch his breath. "You weren't listening to me" Hoseok pouted, smirking internally as he watched Hyungwon melt. Major weakness found. "Here, this is spiced apple chai tea, although a little melted now since you were staring for so long" He continued, turning his voice back to it's normal octave as he pushed the plastic cup towards Hyungwon, who accepted it.

Hyungwon took a couple sips and sighed at the taste, he'd always loved spiced apples, ever since Minhyuk would bake him a pie full of them every year for his birthday. "It's a more recent recipe, Hyunwoo created it." Hoseok added and Hyungwon hummed in understanding, taking another sip. "I love it" the taller complimented and kissed the mocha-brown haired barista on his rosy cheek. "Um, Hoseok can I ask something?" he questioned softly moments later, the nervousness inside him wrecking his brain as it came up with crazy possibilities of his answers. "Sure, what's up jagiya? You look a little pale" Hoseok replied, a worried crease forming between his brows as he Hyungwon's cheek, his face going almost as white as milk.

"A-Are we da-a-ting? Y-you nev-ver asked me so, I um g-got worried" Hyungwon stammered out, his nerves leaking out. He was so scared so what Hoseok did next, shocked hom completely silent.

The shorter laughed.

He laughed whilst Hyungwon was scared out of his mind.

Hyungwon wanted to slap him.

"How is this even funny?" He fumed, a healthy colour returning to his cheeks as his mood changed from scared to annoyed. "I have been working up the courage to ask you out and you tell me off for it" Hoseok giggled ans Hyungwon felt at a loss. The shorter noticed that and grabbed both of Hyungwon's hands with one of his, the other grabbing the box sitting firmly between his knees. Sliding the box across the shiny wooden surface, the brunette waited for him to open it.

Hyungwon gasped when he did, looking at the silver couples bracelet that rested inside, on a black velvet cushion. Hoseok raised his wrist as the younger raised his eyes, showcasing the other half of the couples bracelet that was already on his wrist, a small infinity and turtle charm hanging off it. "I know I took too long and I am really sorry, but the little animal charms were really hard to find and I know how much you adore turtles" Hoseok apologised and Hyungwon looked at him with tears in his eyes, making the smaller panic.

"A-Aren't you g-g-going to ask me, pabo?" He blubbered out and Hoseok chuckled. He had always and will always be, cute to him, even when he was crying.

"Hyungwon, will you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?"

"Yes"

~•☆•~

hey sweethearts,

its been a while huh? but i am back so please look forward to more caffeine.

loving you guys always,

eun-hui