; strawberry lemonade tea

caffeine ↠ hyungwonho

02 ; strawberry lemonade tea

 

Another day passed and Hyungwon found himself back in that café, in the same spot as yesterday. He also planned to read but the weather was really hot, forcing the him to be constantly wiping away the sweat across his forehead. The other customers agreed with Hyungwon, either dabbing at their foreheads or fanning themselves as they sipped on iced beverages. The barista from the day before hadn't noticed him yet as the brunette was busy completing the many orders of the customers. Hyungwon was glad he hadn't been noticed yet, he didn't know how much flirting his heart could take for the handsome male. 

Hoseok had noticed the black-haired male however, he had just not shown it. He had noticed the moment the tall male entered the shop, cute glasses on and the book from yesterday clutched to his chest like it was his lifeline. He had merely been thinking about the best possible compliment he could come up with to reward him with that adorable blush that he got so many times yesterday. Hoseok had already thought of the drink, which was perfect for the current sudden heatwave they were suffering with. Finishing up with his orders, he headed over the male. 

Hyungwon noticed and said a few encouraging words to himself in his head. Fiddling with his fingers, he became anxious, the barista taking his time to make his way over. "And here I was thinking you wouldn't come back, cutie. I didn't scare you off?" The barista said confidently, the endearment easily slipping out of his lips. Focusing his eyes on the tabletop, Hyungwon shook his head frantically and stuttered a no. Hoseok chuckled lowly, a sound that sent shivers across his skin and warmth in his cheeks. "Day two then, I've got the perfect drink for you" Hoseok finished and fishing the notepad and pen out of his apron, scribbled down the drink he had in mind. As he made it, Hoseok sent sneaky glances towards the shy male, noticing that the other female customers were glaring at him. It was true that he was a natural flirt, often flirting with the customers but the shy black-haired male had easily caught his eye.

He was refreshing in a way, most trying to attract him and flaunt everything they had in his face, whilst he blushed at a simple compliment. Hoseok couldn't understand why, with the looks he had, compliments should be a daily occurrence. 

Noticing the boy's soft gaze on him, Hoseok continued making the drink, biting his lip as he did so. It may have seemed like a habit out of concentration to Hyungwon, but Hoseok was teasing him as he knew it was the quickest way to get the female customers flustered. It worked too, the black-haired male lightly coughing at the sudden lip-bite from the flirty barista. His one main weakness was lip-biting, although no-one had ever succeeded in making him blush red. Until now. Placing his hands over his cheeks, the palms of his hands grew warmer at the intensity of his blush. His heart was racing, the brunette easily latching onto Hyungwon's every possible thought.

Hoseok was the one to cough this time, the blush on Hyungwon's face paired with the soft smile having his heart begin to race. Another reason on why he was so refreshing, he actually had the ability to have an effect on the brunette. He smiled to himself though, at his success. He carried the drink over to the male when it was finally done, the ice cubes swirling around in the light pink liquid. 

"Here cutie, this is strawberry lemonade tea" He said as he placed it down, Hyungwon flicking his eyes from the drink to the barista shyly. "T-thank y-you" he stuttered out nervously, playing with the cuff of his uniform as he felt the gaze on the crown of his head. He looked up however, when the barista slid into the seat across from him, having already made a deal with his friends to spend some time with the male whilst he was here. "D-D-Don't yo-ou have t-to wor-rk?" Hyungwon stuttered out again, he wanted to internally cry as it was when he drank his coffee yesterday, that he was able to calm himself from the flirty male. 

"No, gorgeous. I'm allowed to spend time with you whilst you're here. Is that okay?" Hoseok said confidently, the second endearment slipping out although he felt slightly nervous that the male would say no. Hyungwon nodded whilst mumbling out a small yes. 

"Alright, I was wondering if maybe I could get to know you better. Is that okay?" Hoseok asked, again answered with a nod and a mumbled yes. Running a hand quickly through his hair, he fiddled with the choker on his neck, feeling the smallest bit nervous to let him get to know Hoseok. What if he didn't like what he heard?

Whilst the barista fiddled with his choker, another weakness of Hyungwon's that had quickly shown itself, the black-haired boy mustered up all his remaining courage that was left. "Hi, I'm Ch-Chae Hyung-g-won. I am twen-twenty two and I wor-rk at Sweet Dreams and Macaroons" He started, making the other male snap his head up in shock as he hadn't been expecting Hyungwon to talk first. He had to admit, Hyungwon definetly suited his name, a gorgeous name to go with a gorgeous person. "Wow cutie, you do have courage. I'm Shin Hoseok, twenty-three so you can call me hyung. I work here obviously" Hoseok said, letting a small smirk quirk the corners of his lips. 

Unkowingly to Hyungwon, Hoseok was having a hard time concentrating on the poor black-haired male's nervous babble as he was enveloped in his intoxicating scent. He usually wasn't one for scents but once again, Hyungwon had him thinking differently. He smelt of sweet strawberries and addictive cinnamon, a combination that had the barista gripping onto his pants, to control the rising urges.

However, Hyungwon's nervous babble had been on the topic of how much the barista effected him. Hoseok's friends did hear Hyungwon, Kihyun and Jooheon fanboying together at the blossoming couple, already knowing the flirty male and the shy male would be the perfect match. Hyunwoo on the other hand, focused on keeping the café running as he knew the two males would be incapable for a while, although agreeing with the pair in his mind. 

Hyungwon sipped at his drink slowly, once he babble was over and grateful that Hoseok hadn't heard what he was talking about. "H-Hoseok, are y-you ok-kay?" He asked, swirling the cup slowly as he glanced at Hoseok's gorgeous dark brown eyes. 

"Yes cutie, I'm fine. You're just so gorgeous that I lost my train of thought" Hoseok replied easily, although tugging at his choker which was his tell-tale sign of nervousness. "O-Ok-kay, I-I ha-ave t-too g-go n-no-ow" Hyungwon stuttered, the large compliment from Hoseok taking its toll on his weak heart. "Go? Where? You're leaving?" Hoseok questioned, the time spent together passing like mere seconds. "M-My lu-unchbr-reak's over, Hoseok" Hyungwon stuttered again, gathering his things and rising to leave. The barista's skin tingled, hearing his name roll of the stuttering male's tongue. 

"Aww, it's been half an hour already? I wanted to spend more time with you cutie" He whined, sounding like an adorable little kid even though he was twenty-three. 

"Y-Yeah, I-I-I have to-to go" Hyungwon stuttered and turned to leave, Hoseok's grasp on his wrist being the only reason he didn't move. Lips brushed his cheek so lightly that Hyungwon questioned if he had dreamed it, Hoseok smiling at him "Bye cutie".

Hyungwon stutterd back a response, opening the door and leaving.

What the hell was that?