; simple cappucino

caffeine ↠ hyungwonho

06 ; simple cappuccino

Hyungwon adjusted his glasses slightly, twitching his nose and blinking as he read the pages of his favourite novel. He the edge of the page, fondly tracing the creases from the dog ears which was unfortunately a bad habit for the quiet reader. Hoseok watched him, not wanting to disturb him but also wanting to spend time with him. "Gah, stop being so melodramatic. Where's the male that works out everyday and said 'How do I act y, I was born y'?" Kihyun said and Hoseok laughed as he realised that his omma was right. "He's still here" Hoseok said and Kihyun pushed on his shoulder gently, sending him a comforting look "Then go over there and be yourself, don't shrink away out of the fear of the unknown. You never know, he might just like you back". Hoseok nodded strongly, his moment of weakness quickly fading as he brought Hyungwon's drink over to the black-haired male.

"Hey cutie, I hope you didn't miss me too much yesterday" He spoke confidently although the hand not holding the drink was faintly rubbing against the thick black felt choker. Hyungwon looked up slowly from the book, almost like he didn't want to tear his eyes away from the words on the pages. "H-Hi, I-I kin-nda d-di-id" He stuttered and Hoseok's heart jumped, not expecting the answer from him at all. It was true though, Hyungwon did begin to miss the cheeky cute barista after a while. He loved the quietness and not having to blush, but he had missed the usual presence after the small time of knowing him. Hoseok placed the cup down, the foam art of three hearts jiggling side to side. "This is just a cappuccino, probably a little simple after all the extravagant drinks I have been making but it never hurts to have a love for the basics" Hoseok complimented the drink as he slid into the seat across from the shy bookworm. "It-It's okay, it lo-oks cu-ute" Hyungwon replied, rubbing the back of his neck out of nervousness.

"So cutie, talk to me. I still don't know much about you" Hoseok asked, resting his forearms on the table, dangerously close to were Hyungwon's hands rested with their palms on the warm cup. "O-Okay" the younger male replied "My omma is Mi-inhyu-uk and m-my brot-ther is nam-ed Chang-gkyu-un" he stuttered although smiling fondly when the two male's names passed his lips. Hoseok looked confused for a moment, deciding to drop the topic about his blood-related family.

"I li-ike th-e colo-our bla-ack and gr-rilled po-ork rib-s" He continued, the stutter beginning to slowly disappear from his voice as he thought about all the things he liked and wanted to talk about with Hoseok. "I lo-ove sin-nging and d-dancing. I enjoy pe-eople tha-at can keep me ha-appy" The stutter left his voice for a few words, rewarding the older with a strong but honey-like voice. He seemed a lot calmer around Hoseok too, or maybe that was just because he was so deeply thinking that Hoseok's presence had little effect other than usual. He listened attentively, keeping track of all the boy's dislikes and likes, finding continuous similarities between him and the younger. It was then that he took his first sip of the drink, foam and sprinkled cocoa powder collecting above his puffy upper lip. Hoseok gripped the fabric of his slacks, an idea forming in his mind that tempted him. "Hyungwon, can you pick up that menu please?" Hoseok asked, throwing common sense out of the window as the temptation took over, he had to know.

Hyungwon looked a little confused but did what Hoseok asked, not feeling the foam decorating the top and above his upper lip. He lifted the menu, which showcased the long list of available drinks and smaller list of available snacks, the menu was long enough to obscure both of their faces from the prying eyes of the rest of the café. Hyungwon's brown eyes trailed over the menu until firm but gentle fingers on his chin turned him to face the barista. Hoseok's fingers moved from his chin to grasp the back of his neck, the touch still gentle. "You have a little—" the older said breathily before bringing the younger's face to his own. Their lips pressed together softly, Hoseok's tongue only lightly poking out to collect the foam from the curve of his upper lip. Hyungwon was frozen solid, both to the lack of experience and the realisation of Hoseok's feelings becoming crystal clear. The older pulled away first, his tongue briefly wiping across his own lips teasingly "Man, I do make a good cappuccino" he spoke to himself proudly, his thumb brushing over the corners of Hyungwon's lips to capture the foam he had missed before placing down the menu to allow the customers to watch the pair again.

"Both my mother and father are still alive, I have a younger brother who is now married. I enjoy wearing the colour red and my favourite food is ramyeon. I also enjoy singing and dancing" Hoseok said and sent a wondering glance towards Hyungwon, who was quiet but listening attentively whilst a fierce red blush coating his cheeks and reaching to the tops of his ears. "In my spare time, I go to the gym to work out. I like swimming and taekwondo" He continued, trying to think of anything that would keep the boy interested "I like Japan and wearing over-sized clothes when I'm not in this uniform, although it does cling nicely to my chest" He finished, adding in an afterthought that would help Hoseok later. If he looked, it was mutual, if he didn't then it was one-sided.

Hyungwon swallowed quickly, the constant flirting giving the male little chance to recover after that kiss. "That sounds n-nice, I-I-I hav-e al-lways l-l-liked J-Japan and Ch-hin-na" the stuttering was back in full force, showing Hoseok how shy and nervous he had become. Hoseok smiled "You haven't drunk your cappuccino, do you not like it?" he asked cocking his head and feigning sadness, although knowing the reason on why he hadn't.  Hyungwon stumbled over his words "No-No-No, It's ni-ice" he said, taking another sip but making sure not to collect more foam this time. 

"Your break is over in ten minutes" Hoseok said breathily, his eyes watching Hyungwon's eyes as they widened before beginning to hastily drink the luke-warm drink. The last fifty minutes had passed by so quickly that it left the both of them dizzy, the older standing up also when the younger male had finished. Hoseok's heart leapt when Hyungwon's eyes flickered from his uniform-clad chest back to the older's eyes. "See y-you tom-morow" he said shakily and bowed before exiting the café, placing down the correct amount of bills for his drink unlike the first time. 

Walking down the paved path alone, Hyungwon's fingers refused to leave his lips. Tracing both the bottom and upper lip, the memory of Hoseok's lips on his also refusing to leave his mind. His skin was flushed and his heart was racing, and he wanted to fan his face but was worried that the action might bring confusion to the customers of the patisserie. 

He entered the shop and immediately went behind the counter, nuzzling Minhyuk's shoulder and not caring about who he was serving. He felt Minhyuk nuzzle back "What's up?" he asked softly and Hyungwon huffed "That cute barista just kissed me" he said shyly "He took my first kiss, Minhyuk" he continued and nuzzled into Minhyuk's neck. The snow-haired male spluttered for words, shocked that after the twelve years of knowing the male, he had finally been kissed. "You what! Are you serious?" He asked and watched as the male nodded slowly against his neck. "Was it good?" he asked again and Hyungwon nuzzled further, too shy to raise his head from Minhyuk's shoulder and show his bright red face.

Hyungwon nodded again and Minhyuk squeezed his eyes shut, trying to control the urge to squeal at Hyungwon's cuteness at the current moment "He was a good kisser from what I could tell" He said loud enough for both Minhyuk and Hyunwoo to hear, Changkyun also hearing as he re-stocked the display cases. Minhyuk finished up the order for Hyunwoo, handing over the two boxes of espresso macaroons and bowing in goodbye. Hyunwoo slid the travel cup of cinnamon tea over and also bowed goodbye. The three of them; Hyungwon, Minhyuk and Changkyun then huddled together in their version of a celebration for Hyungwon's first kiss.

~~~

Hyunwoo entered the cafe, carrying his precious macaroons safely with a pink colouring to his cheeks. He gestured for the other three to enter the back of the shop with him, which they all did. Crowding around Hyunwoo, Kihyun and Jooheon watched as the tall male turned towards the second oldest. "First of all, you kissed Hyungwon?" he said questioningly and all the male's turned their eyes towards Hoseok. "Yeah I did, I wanted to see if he liked me back" He said, starting off confident but his voice weakening at the end due to nervousness. Kihyun smiled nervously, knowing that Hoseok had taken his advice to a point. 

"Well, I think he does. You just took his first kiss and he said you were a good kisser" Hyunwoo continued. The customers of the café's heads snapped towards the backroom of the counter when sudden screams came from the back. Jooheon and Kihyun had been the two to scream, Hoseok gone quiet with shock. "You're joking?" He asked softly after a few minutes of dead silence and Hyunwoo shook his head "I'm not".

"It makes so much sense now why he was so shy around me, gah, I can't believe I took it" Hoseok said softly, almost as if he was talking to himself. "On the other hand, he said you were a good kisser Hoseok" Kihyun smiled and slapped his shoulder softly. Hoseok smiled brightly, swelling with happiness at the comment from the younger male. 

"I took Hyungwon's first kiss"