; prologue

caffeine ↠ hyungwonho

01 ; prologue

Hyungwon sat at a table to himself, reading quietly to distract himself from the groups of screaming girls in the café, calling out for the baristas. He would admit that they are handsome, but screaming for them constantly was irritating to the tall male. Pushing his black fringe out of his eyes, he adjusted his glasses and straightened the creases on his work-uniform. Hyungwon and his close friends Minhyuk and Changkyun collectively owned the patisserie shop down the street, he was on his lunch break now. Usually he would spend it with the other males but Hyungwon had decided to change it up, testing out the café although never having tried any form of coffee or tea.

"Good afternoon, what would you like to order?" The taller male's silence was broken by the barista's question, making Hyungwon's brown eyes immediately look up to focus on the other male. He scolded himself as he took in a sharp breath, the barista's looks being perfect. He had medium-length chestnut brown hair that parted in a way to cover one of his large almond shaped brown-eyes, which also showed off his multiply-pierced ears. He wore a simple black choker that complimented his pristine work-uniform, a white button-up that stretched across his wide chest and black pants that clung to his legs. "Sorry" the younger apologised "It's my first time visting here, I'm not really sure what to order" he said shyly, although wishing for his voice to come out stronger than it had. 

"That's okay, take your time" he said gently, fishing a notepad and pen from the front of the black apron tied around his waist. "No no" Hyungwon shook his head lightly, a pink blush dusting the tops of his cheeks "I've never tried coffee or tea before, so I have no idea what to order" he finished stammering, the light pink becoming a deep red. 

The barista smiled at the male, resting his elbows on the table as his eyes connected with Hyungwon's. "Well then, why don't I give you a personal very-exclusive tour of our finest coffee and teas avaliable?" He whispered out, his already naturally-deep voice becoming an octave deeper which sent the butterflies dormant in Hyungwon's stomach into a flapping frenzy. 

"O-okay"

"Alrighty then, cutie. The tour starts now"