She misunderstood

My Mystery Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun was right all along --- drinking alcohol can never be the solution to anything and Tzuyu just realized it now, as she is inside her office with her heavy head on her empty desk.

Tzuyu can feel turbulence in her head. She can feel her stomach grumbling with too much acid and she can barely open her eyes but the worst part is, the numbness that alcohol provided her is gone. Now, she is back in being hurt. She does not even know if she was numb last night, but one thing is for sure; she went on another night not remembering what happened or what she said.

“Someone had a good time last night.” Says by a woman in her corporate attire holding a folder in her hand.

“Not exactly,” Tzuyu’s response, obvious that hangover is killing her.

The woman ticks her tongue and she shakes her head and put her hands on her waist.

Tzuyu opened her eyes forcefully, the person feature is blurry so she needs to blink once, and twice. After realizing who the person is inside her office she immediately straightens her body and smiled, Gosh, she knows she messed up.

“Good morning boss.” Tzuyu tried her best to look professional but who is she kidding she looks like a zombie. She even pretends to get a pencil and an A4 paper to sketch something.

“Seems like you are not having a good morning at all.”

“Well, um my sister came back from a long flight so we did a sort of celebration.” Tzuyu knows that it is the lamest excuse she could have and she is ready to pack her things.

“So, your sister always come back from a long flight almost every day? “Her boss commented sarcastically.

Tzuyu smiled, a smile that shows she was embarrassed on what she said.

Her boss once again ticks her tongue and shook her head. “Aigoo, Kim Tzuyu, what should I do to you? Ever since you went to that sabbatical for two weeks you have become like this. You have become Tzuyu 2.0, worse!” She threw a fith on the air. “Sabbaticals are supposed to make you better! Not worse!” She is acting hysterical and all Tzuyu could do is to lower down her head.

“Your performance is drifting Tzu and to be honest I am worried, did something happen?” This time Tzuyu’s boss softens her expression. She is looking at Tzuyu in a pitying manner. She might act all scary and pushy but she is only doing that to motivate her employees. She knows Tzuyu is a damn great architect, her talent is exceptional that is why she hired her. That is why she is the youngest person that works in their firm, but since Tzuyu came back from her so-called sabbatical she had never seen the girl broken as now as if she is crashed in a million of pieces.

Tzuyu misses her deadlines, comes in the office with a hangover, forgets her appointments with the clients, comes in a meeting with unfinished miniatures and the worst, she argues with her clients. She does whatever she wants and this is already unacceptable! The whole firm is receiving complaints because of Tzuyu.

“I am fine, trust me,” Tzuyu answered like she is sick of listening to her scolding.

The boss took the longest sigh she can as if it took everything in her not to fire Tzuyu at this very moment.

“Kim Tzuyu! I am not sure what really happened to you when you went away but honestly, you have been an as since you came back, and we both know that it is not you. I saw how your eyes sparkle when you talk to clients making their dream houses to come to life. Look around you.” The boss is doing another motivational talk to one of her brightest architects.

Tzuyu does as what she was told. She looks around her office and everything is somewhat coming back to her. Her miniatures were displayed properly in a glass cabinet. There were pictures of her talking to clients, smiling and gifts sent to her by the people she worked with. The tokens of appreciation. Tzuyu loves architecture and this is the only thing that she worked really hard for that never left her, well she is being a little too sentimental with that thought. ‘Architecture never left me even when Jungyeon happened, I can’t lose it because of Sana…’ She clenched her jaw with the thought of the girl ‘Sana has Jungyeon and all I have is this –‘

Her boss is looking at her with crossed arms. “I know you are realizing that you have been a very big pain in the for the last month but because I am a very great boss I am ready to understand you.” She said convincing herself that she is a great boss, but the employees who heard her rolled their eyes, everyone hates her, well technically everyone would hate a boss like that - “I know that you are thinking that, how can I lose architecture? When this is the only thing that you have?” She said acting like a girl from a drama. “But again, since I am a very great boss, I am willing to give you one last chance!” She said threatening Tzuyu and she throws the folder she is holding on Tzuyu’s empty desk.

Tzuyu has her eyebrows furrowed as if it is game on. She also had thought that she needs to really get herself together and stop thinking of Sana, and maybe, just maybe it will not hurt anymore.

“The Empire State Korea?” Tzuyu thought aloud. This is the most expensive skyscraper condominium in Seoul, never have they had a client who lives there, their firm is a very high end but she knows that the said place has their own set of architects and it had never hired a firm to do an architecture for them.

“Uhuh! Our client lives there, well technically will live there after you finish the architecture of the said place, turns out that, that person wanted to change everything in terms of the architecture of that place.”

“What?! Wait! This is more of an interior designer type of role not an architect type of project!” Tzuyu protested as she reads through the folder.

Her boss glared at her. “Interior Architecture.”

“I am not a licensed building architect to just do an interior type of job!” Tzuyu argues but another glare appeared. “Gosh, are you punishing me!”

“THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT WE ARE GETTING A PROJECT INSIDE THAT BUILDING AND YOU NEED TO TAKE THE PROJECT AND BESIDES IT IS PAID ALREADY! AND THAT CLIENT REQUESTED YOU SO EVEN IF I REFUSED ALL OUR PROJECTS WILL END IN A SNAP SO MISS LICENSED BUILDING ARCHITECT YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!” Tzuyu’s boss shouted with a threatening look, Tzuyu was to argue but – “GO MEET THE CLIENT OR MEET YOUR DEATH!” that was really scary and Tzuyu gulped, that boss is a monster.

Tzuyu thought that only her mom can be that scary but also this boss of them in the name of Lee Sunkyu.

_

“Oppa here!” Mina wave her hand to get the attention of a certain person.

Heads are turning on Yoo Jungyeon’s direction. People stopped eating as their mouths are left agape admiring the perfection passing by them. He is walking inside an extravagant restaurant.

Mina stood up to welcome his brother with a hug.

Jungyeon hugs back in a very passionate manner, he even sniffs the hair of his sister. It smells like sweetened strawberries, a type of scent he will never be tired of smelling. They pull away and smiled at each other as Jungyeon cups Mina cheeks and Jungyeon gave Mina a kiss on her forehead before ruffling her hair.

“Yah!” Mina complained as she pushes her brother.

Jungyeon just chuckled and they sat next to each other ready to order

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter