Cornered -continuation-

“Indecorous” Affection

After listening to Yixing’s story, Joonmyeon felt ecstatic. Yixing was in love with him just as much as he was with him, yet he needed further reaffirmation. “So, you don’t like that tall guy? You lo-love me?” he asked.

Yixing nodded, “Yes, for a long time now. I thought I could move on Joonmyeon, but it’s impossible. I know I’m just a nobody while you have this empire to take over. It’s really futile, even laughable but you are the one I want,” he admitted as he gazed firmly at Joonmyeon.

It was all Joonmyeon needed to hear to believe it. He felt destiny had played with them. They had been hopelessly longing for each other, yet thought it was all platonic. If only they had come to terms with their feelings, everything would have turned out differently, sparing them their suffering on the way. But Joonmyeon also felt more ashamed than before, and more guilt filled his conscience. He had been a big jerk the other day.

Joonmyeon grabbed Yixing’s hand and intertwined it with his. He was going to do this correctly. “Yixing, I’m so sorry for everything I said last time. It was all childish, stupid, and I must have hurt you.” He took in a deep breath. “It just that I was so jealous you know? Seeing you laugh, smile and just being with someone else. It made go crazy because I… I love you. I’m selfish, and I only want you for myself,” he squeezed their connected hands, “And it’s not hopeless Yixing, you know I’ll never care about status or any of that stupidity. I love you.”

Yixing took his time to let Joonmyeon’s words sink in. They were so real and honest, he knew Joonmyeon wasn’t tricking him.

For a while, they stared at each other in silence.

After finally voicing out his feelings, Joonmyeon felt mesmerized. He started leaning closer to Yixing. Unlike last time, Yixing moved towards him as well, carefully and with the same determination of Joonmyeon.

As their faces drew nearer, their hearts were frantic messes. They could’ve sworn it felt as if any minute now it would jump out from their chests.

Soon their tilted faces were so close to each other’s, and they felt the warmness that emanated from them. Joonmyeon closed his eyes, followed suit by Yixing. It was taking an eternity to close that tiny gap between their lips, yet it couldn’t have been more than a few seconds.

Then it happened. This time they used all their senses to appreciate the moment. They felt a warm moist from the other’s lips, a softness neither of them could describe, a savor never tasted before.

Joonmyeon let his hand go of Yixing’s and delicately moved them to lay sideways on the couch. He Yixing’s waist, he felt Yixing touching his neck and moving his hand upwards to caress his hair. Joonmyeon deepened the kiss, carefully tracing his tongue across Yixing’s plump lower lip asking for permission. Yixing gave in.

But their lungs couldn’t resist forever, the lack of air led them to end it. Every ounce of love they had felt through the years was conveyed in that fleeting moment.

As they drew back, they keep their distance to the minimum. They could feel their chests rise and fall, and the warm air they breathed out.

Joonmyeon moved his hand to cup Yixing’s left cheek and it. “I love you so much,” he whispered as he gazed at him.

Yixing moved his hand on top of Joonmyeon’s, “Me too…I love you.”

For a while, Joonmyeon smiled until he noticed the Yixing’s prominent dark circles. It was weird, Yixing was always well-rested. “Yixing, why do you have these eye bags?” he wondered, caressing Yixing’s undereye.

“After figuring out what I wanted to do, I waited for your return. I was afraid you’d come late at night, and I’d miss you. So, I stayed guard at the main entrance,” Yixing answered as he smiled tenderly.

“Yixing…” Joonmyeon said and felt a slight ache in his heart. He wouldn’ run away anymore, he wouldn’t hurt him again. “Follow me, you need to sleep.”

They stood up, and Joonmyeon guided them to the guestroom. The bed was still undone. He sat Yixing on the edge of the bed as he squatted to remove his shoes. Then he got on the bed and told Yixing to lay beside him. He held Yixing tightly in his embrace.

Soon they were drifting off to sleep.

In the late afternoon, Yixing woke up. The ceiling looked foreign as the window and curtains. He moved around and saw the man lying beside him, memories of the early events came to his mind.

To Yixing, everything still felt so surreal. He couldn’t really understand how it had turned out this way. Joonmyeon loved him back. They had kissed once again, much better than the first time. And now they were laying side by side on the bed. A wish of waking up to Joonmyeon’s embrace every day surged, but an important realization him.

At that moment Joonmyeon opened his eyes. He looked at Yixing while beaming. “Hey there… Slept well?” he asked.

Yixing broke from his realm of thoughts, sat up and looked sternly at Joonmyeon. Then he said the one thing that wouldn’t stop bugging his head. “Joonmyeon, you’re getting married.”

Joonmyeon gasped. Their fairytale-like story was bound to end, neither could they stay forever in Jongdae’s guestroom. His reality hit him now despite how much he’d rather forget it. But it was unavoidable. He sat up as well. “I know… And I’m not sure what to do about it,” he admitted. He disliked himself for not coming up with a better answer. Joonmyeon was aware things were going to be tough for them, but at the same time letting Yixing go was not an option.

“Yixing there are still some months left until December, and even a few years until the wedding. I don’t know how I’ll get off this farce… But I still want to be with you. Can we be together despite it?... Can we?”

Yixing considered the implication of that request. It was going to be a life in the shadows, a cobweb of lies. This wasn’t appealing at all. He didn’t know what would happen in case Joonmyeon didn’t manage to call off the wedding. The uncertainty frightened him.

“Please, please stay by my side,” Joonmyeon pleaded as he grabbed Yixing’s hands.

Yixing had yearned for Joonmyeon’s love for years. As much fear as he felt, he didn’t want to be without him. Surely their time ahead was going to be difficult, problematic and hard, yet he still wanted it. He wasn’t going to leave Joonmyeon.

“Yes,” Yixing finally said, “I’ll stay by your side Joonmyeon.”