Cornered

“Indecorous” Affection

A week passed, and Joonmyeon was still at Jongdae’s apartment. The whole week he felt down and miserable. His cousin had tried to persuade him to go back and patch things up, but he didn’t dare going back. Yixing’s shocked expression haunted him in his dreams. It frightened him to see Yixing again.

His father had called one of those days, asking him why he had not been at home. Joonmyeon had answered he felt like spending more time with Jongdae, it was an odd excuse, but the old man let it go. Even Hye had called him wondering why he wasn’t at home when she went over there. After Joonmyeon had explained the same reason, she had come to see him right away. It was with much unwillingness that he had taken her visit.

Today was Sunday, and Joonmyeon had just woken up. He planned on staying at Jongdae’s for the whole day, as he didn’t feel any motivation to do anything. Joonmyeon got up and walked to the shower.

As he was finishing dressing up, he heard the doorbell ring. Then he heard it one more time. He had hoped Jongdae would take it, but as he went to the hall and called him none answered. He went to his cousin’s room, and because the door was open he looked inside, but Jongdae wasn’t there. The doorbell rang a third time. Joonmyeon strode to the door and peeked through the peeping hole. His heart almost jumped out. Yixing was standing outside.

The doorbell rang one more time and Joonmyeon heard him say “Hello?”

He backed away from the door. Was Yixing here to officially reject him? How could he get away from this one? He didn’t have much time to think because he heard Yixing using the key to unlock the door. In an instant, Yixing was standing in front of him. They stared at each other, and Joonmyeon asked the only question he could think of right then, “Yixing, how come you have a key?”

“Jongdae came to your house earlier this morning. He told me you’ve been staying with him. I asked him if I could come see you and well, he gave me the key,” Yixing answered as he held up the key.

Joonmyeon sighed. Of course, his cousin would have something to do with it. There was no turning back now. He couldn’t avoid it anymore.“Why are you here Yixing?”

“Joonmyeon, there’s something you need to hear.”

The sound of Yixing lips uttering his name without formalities once again made Joonmyeon happy. Yet it didn’t take away the uneasiness he was feeling at what Yixing was going to say. He told Yixing to come in, locked the door and went to the living room. Once they sat on the leather couch, and Yixing started narrating.