Epilogue

“Indecorous” Affection

Three losers, one victor

 

FINALLY, the day had arrived. Mr. Kim was fixing his tie, looking at himself in the mirror with a grin on his face. A white rose boutonnière contrasted against his black tuxedo, his dark hair with silver traces looked radiant. Nobody could emanate the same power as him.

In just a few more hours he could shove into his younger brother’s face the grin of triumph. He had won the unspoken race. He had taken over the family company and given it flourishment, he had secured that only his lineage would be the one in control. And their sickened old father would finally die in peace, knowing that his eldest son had succeeded vastly. He couldn’t stop smirking. Surely some moralists would argue that he had cheated because Junmyeon didn’t have an ounce of Kim blood in his body. Yet let us not forget that all is fair in love and war.

At first, he had despised them both: his wife for boldly cheating on him and Junmyeon for being the reminder of her infidelity. But to his advantage, it had been because of Junmyeon’s birth and his wife’s death, that his father had given him the empire. They were the reason he had taken the lead in the race. So, despite the boy not being his actual son, Mr. Kim slightly thanked the chap. He also thanked his wife for making him an early widower.

Looking back on the road to his victory, he didn’t forget that there was a time in which things would have turn out differently. Yet he had managed to save it at the last minute. Junmyeon and Yixing falling in love with each other? Please. What kind of nonsensical joke had that been? Fortunately, he had managed to straighten their paths. Junmyeon was going to inherit a fortune when the time comes. And just look at where Yixing was now, famous composer and everything. Honestly, he had been too generous with the bastard and his fake son. He had taken care of Junmyeon, given him the best of the best despite having no relation to him. He had also made sure Junmyeon became the perfect successor. And Yixing had gotten a loving mother and an upbringing without difficulties. If he hadn’t taken them under his wing they would have been a bunch of nobodies.

After praising himself for the charity work he had done all these years, gloating over his victory, he looked himself in the mirror one last time. He raised his arm and saw his watch.

Just two hours left until the wedding.

 

 

Author's note

To you who subscribed, commented or upvoted: Thank you! <3 <3

It’s over guys! And it’s been an interesting month, I had fun writing this story.

I know my writing lacked in terms of characterization, setting, dialogue, plot, grammar, plus let us not forget my incredible abuse of the word ‘but’ (used around 300 times…). I’ll work to improve in the future ^^ Considering my messy writing I was so glad to know I got readers >///<

And well, yes, the ending. They are not really brothers… At least now you know the meaning behind the quotation marks in the title ;D *runs away* But (here it strikes again! xD) honestly, at first I thought I was going to give them a happy ending, it was planned. Then as I wrote the story it started to differ from my original outline. Long story short, it turned out to end on a bittersweet (okay tragic) note *sobs as well* D:

Anyway, thanks for reading!