"I'm Not Ready For A Relationship"

How Could I Be So Blind?

The next day, Chanyeol, Sehun, Tiffany and Seohyun began their plan to get Taeyeon and Baekhyun together. They came to school earlier than they usually do to spy on Baekhyun and Taeyeon when they arrive. They were hiding behind a bush near the entrance of the school. It was Chanyeol's idea.  

"Is it really necessary to be hiding behind a bush just to spy on them?" Tiffany asked.

"Yeah, why couldn't we just wait at the front door?" Seohyun added.

"If we do that, we would give away our cover." whispered Chanyeol.

"What cover?" Seohyun asked.

"We are undercover so that nobody will be suspicious of us."

"People can still see us here. Being here is making us look more suspicious!" exclaimed Sehun.

Chanyeol just ignored Sehun's remark and went back to spying through the bushes. The 3 of them sighed and got themselves comfortable. They stopped talking altogether because they didn't want to deal with Chanyeol's nonsense.

 

-5 Minutes Later-

"When do they usually come to school." Sehun asked.

"Around 7:40" Seohyun answered

"What time is it now?" 

Tiffany checked her phone. "7:10" 

"Why the heck did we come to school so early?!?!" yelled Sehun

 

-10 Minutes Later-

"I am bored out of my mind!!" Tiffany groaned as she leaned against a tree.

"Kai Bai Bo" Sehun and Chanyeol chanted. They started playing rock, paper, scissors. Sehun put out rock and Chanyeol did scissors.

"Yehet! I win let me flick you~" Sehun exclaimed.

"Argh."

"What is 'yehet'?!" Tiffany exclaimed, unsure of the word Sehun said.

"It's a word I made up." Sehun said as if he was an innocent child.

"What does it mean?" Seohyun asked

"Its another way of showing your happiness.."

 

 -20 Minutes Later-

"They should be coming soon." Tiffany said as she looked at her phone.

"Okay. You girls know what you're going to do right?" Chanyeol asked.

Tiffany and Seohyun nodded. "We try to show Taeyeon that Baekhyun is the guy she wants to be with without actually telling her Baekhyun's feelings." 

"Good, and if all else fails, we'll still be friends with them no matter what!" Chanyeol yelled.

"YEHET~"

And so they waited until their beloved friends arrived at school.

 

When Baekhyun and Taeyeon finally arrived at school. Tiffany and Seohyun ran to them like they had the intentions to ambush them.

"Morning Taeng and Baek!" Tiffany and Seohyun showed their best eye smiles to them.

"Morning! How was yo-" Baekhyun's sentence was cut off by Tiffany and Seohyun as they pulled Taeyeon and ran into the school.

"Sorry Baek, we'll catch up with you later!" Seohyun yelled

"There's some important business we have to do with Taengoo!!" Tiffany added.

"H-hey don't pull so hard! Why are we running?!!" Taeyeon said as she started tripping on her own feet.

"O-okay?" Baekhyun said, confused.

Tiffany and Seohyun dragged Taeyeon to her locker while completely ignoring her yells. They let go when they reached her locker.

"Oh my god guys!" She yelled, "What was that for?"

"Sorry, we just have something really important to talk about." Seohyun said as she fixed her backpack.

"Okay, what?"

Seohyun and Tiffany glanced at each other. "Are you by any chance wanting a boyfriend?" Tiffany asked.

Taeyeon looked at them shocked, by Tiffany's sudden question. "Why are you asking so suddenly?" 

"Well, we kinda know this guy and we think that he's perfect for you." Seohyun said.

"Who?"

"Um... We can't tell you right now."

"What? Why not?"

Seohyun and Tiffany, in a matter of panic, tried to think of what to say. They obviously can't say it's Baekhyun because they'd break the promise they made to him plus their plan would be ruined.

"Uhh.. He.. He want's to.. He want's to tell you himself?" Tiffany finally said. "Right Seohyun?!" she said as he nudged Seohyun. The latter looked at Tiffany and understood what to say next. "Oh right! Yeah, he just told us to tell you that he's interested." Tiffany and Seohyun smiled big showing all of their teeth.

Taeyeon stared at them full of suspicion. "O..kay? Well, it doesn't matter anyways. I'm just not looking for a relationship right now. I'd like to focus on our last school year instead of being tied in with a relationship" Taeyeon said as she opened her locker to put her things away. "Sorry guys. Even if I wanted to, my parents would kill me, you know that" Taeyeon said.

'That's not true in this case. Taeng's parents love Baekhyun' Tiffany thought

'It's as if Baekhyun is the son they never had' Seohyun thought right after Tiffany did, like their thoughts were connected.

Taeyeon noticed the shared eye contact and hopeless faces between Tiffany and Seohyun. "I'm really sorry guys." She said wistfully.

"No, no Tae it's okay." Tiffany flashed an eye smile.

"Yeah, don't worry about." Seohyun added. "Let's just have some fun today okay?"

"Sure." Taeyeon smiled.

'We need a new plan...'

 

-Lunch-

Seohyun and Tiffany told Chanyeol and Sehun what happened that morning on the rooftop before Baekhyun and Taeyeon arrived there. They were starting to doubt their "awesome" plan.  

"Okay... She's not looking for a relationship," Sehun started. "And as her friends, we shouldn't pressure her to change her mind."

"So what will we do?" Tiffany asked.

While they were thinking of what to do, they heard voices and footsteps, they quickly sat down and pretended that they weren't talking about anything. 

"Hi guys," Baekhyun said as he opened the door with Taeyeon behind him.

"Hey, sit sit." The four of them gestured them to sit.

They took out their lunches and talked and laughed as friends should do.

 

-Afterschool-

Sehun, Chanyeol, Seohyun and Tiffany were walking in the halls, about to go home, when they were surprised to see Baekhyun leaning against a wall.

"Baek, aren't you going home? Where's Taeyeon?" Chanyeol called to Baekhyun.

"She got picked up by her dad today." He answered.

"I see." Tiffany said.

Baekhyun stood up from leaning on the wall. "Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something."

 

'What could Baekhyun want to talk about..' was the thought on the four people's head as they followed Baekhyun to the bubble tea store. When they arrived, they ordered their drinks and sat at their regular spots. 

Things fell silent for a while as they sipped their drinks awkwardly. "a-ahem" Baekhyun cleared and everyone looked up at him.

"Okay... So you guys know how I've been deciding whether or not to tell Taeyeon my feelings for her..." He started.

"Yess...?" The four said in unison.

"Well, I've decided that.."

"Yess...?!?" They became louder and got stares from other people around them.

"Would you stop doing that please?" Baekhyun said, annoyed. He took a breath in before saying his decision. "I've decided that I want to tell her." 

"Oh my god! Baekhyun that's great!" Tiffany smiled her biggest smile.

"Finally Baek!!" Chanyeol added and playfully punched him.

"Aw~ BaekYeon has a higher chance of actually happening." Seohyun said as clasped her hands together, daydreaming about BaekYeon happening.

"My brother!! You're finally becoming more mature!!" Sehun said and hugged him.

"Wow.. I'm surprised you took it so well." Baekhyun said.  "Especially you guys." he pointed out Tiffany and Seohyun. "You didn't scream over news like you usually do."

"Oh yeah, we learned our lesson last time." Seohyun chuckled.

"Don't worry~ We are totally freaking out on the inside if it makes you feel any better." Tiffany said and took a sip of her bubble tea.

Baekhyun showed a confused expression. 'Last time?' He shook it off. "Anyways I need your guys help. I need to know if she is looking for a relationship. Can you maybe ask-" Baekhyun's sentence got cut off by Chanyeol.

"We asked her already. She said she's not looking for one, but it doesn't matter because you can easily change her mind." 

"Okay wait.. First of all, how and why did you ask her?" Baekhyun ruffled his hair.

"Well.. We had this plan.." The four of them explained their failed plan to Baekhyun but was afraid of how he would react. 'Would he be mad because we meddled in their relationship?' was the thought on everyone's mind.

"And we know it was wrong to have messed with your personal business with her," Seohyun said continuing their explanation.

"But we only wanted to help you and Taeyeon become a couple." Sehun ended the sentence for everyone. 

They waited for Baekhyun to say something.. but instead, he just laughed.

"Hahaha... Oh my gosh you guys are apologizing to me?!" Baekhyun burst into laughter while the others watched him turn psycho.

"Um, Baekhyun?" Chanyeol tapped on his shoulder. Baekhyun started wiping his tears from laughing so much. 

"I'm sorry guys.. Haha. I just feel so lucky to have friends like you guys to help me. Me, Baekhyun the desperate guy who has been stuck in friends zone for over 10 years." He wiped more tears away. "So don't apologize guys. Thank you for helping me. I like Taeyeon a lot. I like her so much to the point where I would jump out of an airplane without a parachute if she told me to. She means so much to me, and to find out that my best friends are helping me... It's just, haha, no words." Baekhyun confessed his gratitude with much sincerity. He stared at his drink too embarrassed to look up but, when he did she saw Tiffany and Seohyun's eyes watering. Chanyeol and Sehun shared smiles. They were so touched by Baekhyun's words.

"There just no words." Tiffany said.

They five of them smiled and started to laugh at how serious things became. Although they said no words to confirm it, they knew that things were going to change for the better. Their friendship reached a new level. 

They walked out of the bubble tea store while laughing and shared a group hug before separating to go home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

WHO WATCHED CHENBAEKXI'S DEBUT? 

HEY MAMA!! 

Also Taeyeon is having a comeback as well :DD 

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER - THANK YOU

 

-Taenghyunee