"Dreamland"

How Could I Be So Blind?

-Saturday 11:59 PM-

It's been a few hours since the incident happened.

Baekhyun was immediately taken to the hospital nearby. He was admitted to the Emergency Center where they were going to do the surgery. Meanwhile, Taeyeon was getting her sprained ankle treated. She cried through the whole treatment. Taeyeon sat alone in the waiting room. She was still really shaken about what had happened and didn't know what to do. All she could do was wait.

Luckily, Baekhyun and Taeyeon's parent's arrived quickly and came to Taeyeon's aid. They asked about how Baekhyun's condition was and asked about Taeyeon's injury. Taeyeon had apologized to Baekhyun's parents and blamed what happened to him on herself. She looked down while talking to them, too ashamed to look up. Baekhyun's parents told her not to apologize as it was not her fault, "We know this could never be your fault." Like Baekhyun to Taeyeon's parents, they thought of her as their own daughter.

Although their words consoled her, it didn't help Taeyeon from feeling guilty. Her parents told Taeyeon to rest and sat her down as they went to the front desk to handle paperwork.

Soon after Tiffany, Seohyun, Sehun and Chanyeol ran to Taeyeon as soon as they saw her. They were all worried about their friends that they ran to the hospital the minute they found out. When Taeyeon saw them, she felt overwhelmed with her emotions and sobbed once again. She cried into Tiffany's hug and the rest of them joined in. "Baekhyun is going to be okay." They tried to console her but she kept crying. Tiffany and Seohyun took over and sat her down as the boys went to get the parents. "Just pray that he will be alright." They told her.

A few minutes later, the doctor came out of the Emergency Center and called for Baekhyun's family. Everyone gathered around him. They all had the same worried expression. "How's Baekhyun's condition?"

"The surgery was successful and Baekhyun has regained consciousness, although we are still awaiting further symptoms." Everyone was so relieved by the good news and brightened their expressions. "This accident will remain a scar for him so I hope everyone will help him through the healing process." No words were said and they only nodded.  "We will update you if something has happened. In the meantime please be patient until we bring him to the ward. He would need to fully rest. I hope you all understand." He bowed and everyone thanked him.

 

-Sunday 1:18 AM-

Everyone visited Baekhyun in his room. He hasn't opened his eyes for the whole time they were there. The parents left to get food and told them to come with them. But Taeyeon wanted to stay with Baekhyun. They left her with him while they went out. They knew she was the one he needed the most now.

Taeyeon looked at him. He was sleeping on the bed with the monitors attached to him. He looked peaceful sleeping although he had just been in an accident. She sat next to him and held his hand. Taeyeon was exhausted but she didn't manage to get any sleep beforehand. But being there with Baekhyun, finally made her feel at ease. She fell asleep as a single tear escaped her eye.

 

Baekhyun and Taeyeon were still asleep, but they both had the same dream. The first time they had met, 8 years ago.

 

DREAMLAND

"Let go, it's mine!!" Taeyeon yelled out. The bullies who were always bothering her were trying to take her journal away. Taeyeon was trying to fight them off but couldn't because they were stronger than her. She fell on the ground.

"HAH! You're so weak like a grain of rice." The leader of the bullies said as he was fanning himself with Taeyeon's journal, trying to with it. They opened it and saw all of her drawings.

"YAH!! THAT'S MINE!!!" She stood up to get it back but the other bullies grabbed her. The leader just smirked at her.

He flipped through the book while Taeyeon kept yelling to give it back. "You call these drawings? What a joke.." He ripped out a page of her journal and crumpled it into a ball. Taeyeon's eyes widened and she fought harder to get it back before he could rip another page out.

Just then, a boy witnessed the situation.

"STOP!" He yelled loud enough for everyone to hear him. When they did, they turned around to face who had yelled at them.

"She said that was hers! Give it back!" Taeyeon stared at this boy and wondered why he was helping her.

The leader of the bullies looked at him. "And what if I don't?" he asked and smirked once again.

The boy took some time to think of what to say next and the bullies just laughed at him. "If you don't give it back to her.. I will tell your mothers that you act like this. What do you think she would say to such behaviour? Hmm??" He finally said.

The boy had threatened them in a silly way. Taeyeon thought that his approach wasn't going to work. But the other bullies started whispering to each other and to their leader.

"Um.. I don't want to be beaten by my mom." One of them said to the leader. [A/N the powers of moms beatings LOL also how would this boy know their mothers anyway? These kids are so gullible]

The leader looked at them fiercely. "Are you really falling for this kid??" He yelled.

"What if he really does tell our moms, though.." He continued, cowering in fear of the thought of a beating from their mom.

The leader had a brief imagination about his mom lecturing him about bullying a little girl. He cringed at the thought of it. He looked at the boy who threated him. He just looked at them with a smug face. Frustrated, he threw the journal on the ground and told the other bullies to let Taeyeon go. He gave the boy one last glare before leading everyone away.

Taeyeon quickly grabbed her journal and the crumpled up page. She flattened it and was relieved, then she stood up to face her hero. "Thank you for helping me." She said and bowed to him.

"No problem." He said, humbly. "Just don't let anyone push you around like that again, okay?" He asked and did an 'okay' gesture with his fingers.

"Okay~" Taeyeon did the same gesture back and smiled at the boy. The boy was struck by the cuteness in this girl. He unconditionally smiled when she did.

"A-ahem, Well I actually have to go now so-" He began to turn away but she grabbed his hand to stop him. He looked at their hands touching and started to blush.

"Wait, I don't know your name." She said.

"Oh, my name is Byun Baekhyun~" He said.

"Hmm.. Byun Baekhyun.." She softly repeated. "My name is Kim Taeyeon." She smiled once again.

"Hm.. Nice to meet you Kim Taeyeon." Baekhyun smiled back. He held his arm out for a handshake and Taeyeon gladly took it.

They let go and Baekhyun started to turn away again, but Taeyeon quickly followed him. "So which way are you going home?" She asked him. He was surprised to why this girl was following her but just let her.

"That way." He pointed.

She stood on her tippy toes to see where he was pointing. "Ah really? We are neighbours then~" And they began walking home together.

"I guess I'm your Noona then, right Baekhyun-ah?" Taeyeon said. She automatically guessed that she was older because he looked younger than her. Baekhyun lightly smiled by the way Taeyeon had called his name. He felt his face blushing again. But then he realized what Taeyeon had said.

"EHHH? I don't believe you." He said. "You're too short to be my Noona." He ducked down to become eye level with Taeyeon. She playfully punched him.

"If you are my Noona, then I shall be your knight who will protect you from any more bullies~" He turned to face her the same time Taeyeon did. They shared eye contact and smiled. And from there, they started a genuine friendship and love.

 

Baekhyun squirmed in his sleep and started to finally wake up. 'I promised to be her knight that would protect her. And yet I'm still here like this. She's counting on me.' Baekhyun opened his eyes. His vision was blurry from sleeping for so long. He saw his monitor and noticed that he had been infused. He saw Taeyeon sleeping near him with their hands intertwined. ' I can't have her worry about me any longer..'

Baekhyun smiled at Taeyeon sleeping peacefully. He softly d her hair. "I love you Taeyeon." he said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for triggering you all last day...

But it was really fun seeing all of your reactions in comments~

 

-Taenghyunee