"The Tears Kept Falling"

How Could I Be So Blind?

-Saturday 3:42 PM-

Taeyeon was lying on her bed, trying to calm her thoughts. She was still hung up about Baekhyun and still didn't understand why he's been acting different or why she keeps thinking about him.

"Argh!!" She whined while fussing on her bed. She turned to lie on her side and saw her guitar. Playing her guitar always made her feel better. She thought that maybe with all her emotions she'd be able to write a nice song.

She grabbed her guitar and songbook and sat on her bed. "La la la~" She sang a tune while flipping through her book. She went to a new page and adjusted her guitar. She strummed some chords and then grabbed her pencil. She tapped her pencil on her head as she thought about how to start her song. She remembered why she was feeling like this in the first place and thought about Baekhyun once again.

"Sigh Baekhyun.. My childhood friend.. My best friend.. Someone I can always rely on." She thought aloud. Still tapping her pencil on her head.

"He's always been one to joke around. He's able to make me smile when I feel sad." She pursed her lips together. "I like that the most about him.." she said softly as she wrote down lyrics.

She had written down the first verse of her song. She used her guitar to make the tune of the song and wrote down the chords and notes. She began to think about how to write the chorus. Once she got the chorus, she continued to write the rest. She let her emotions flow into songwriting and managed to make a beautiful song.

She called it U Rhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtOdSAxCufY

She read over her song and realized that her lyrics were about love. 'Hm.. I wasn't intentionally writing about love..' She remembered that while writing, Baekhyun was the only thought on her mind.

She continued reading and unconditionally she started to cry

"Huh?" She touched her face and felt her tears fall.  "Why.."

And at that moment, it was like time had froze. The pieces finally fell into place in Taeyeon's brain. The questions to why she keeps thinking about Baekhyun, were finally answered.

"I love Baekhyun." she said. Her heart was pounding. And the tears kept falling.

"How could I be so blind? Who knew that the thing I needed to complete my life was right in front of me."

~ ~ ~

-4:16 PM-

Taeyeon snapped out of her shocked state and started to panic. She got off her bed and started to pace back and forth silently saying. "Why haven't I noticed, why haven't I noticed.." over and over. Any person around would think she was crazy. She felt like she was going crazy herself. She really didn't know what to do. She felt very inexperienced about these things.

She thought that it was totally insane that she could all of a sudden love him. She tried to convince herself that she was lying, but she just couldn't lie to herself any longer.

"AHH! HAVE I ALWAYS BEEN LYING TO MYSELF!?!?" She yelled.

'Ahhh I wish the other guys were here.. They know more about this stuff than me.' Taeyeon thought. She stopped pacing and stared at her phone. Then a lightbulb sparked over her head. She quickly grabbed her phone and sent a group message to Tiffany, Chanyeol, Seohyun and Sehun.

"I have an emergency!! Everyone please so go online at Skype right now!!" Her text said.

Soon enough she was getting calls from the 4 of them. They were in a group call.

"Noona!! What's the emergency?" Chanyeol asked frantically.

"TAENG?? Are you okay?!" Tiffany yelled.

"What's going on??" Sehun asked as well.

"Is there anything wrong Unnie??" Seohyun said lastly.

Taeyeon looks at the 4 of them. They were all worried. Taeyeon took a big breath in.

"I just realized something I probably should've known a long time ago" she started. Everyone waited for her to continue.

"I think.. I'm in love with Baekhyun." she confessed. Tiffany, Chanyeol, Seohyun and Sehun's faces were shocked. Afraid of what they were going to say she closed her eyes tightly. Suddenly she heard everyone yelling so she slowly opened her eyes again. She was surprised to see everyone smiling and overreacting.

"Taeng!! That's so great!!" Seohyun exclaimed.

"We are all so happy for you~" Chanyeol said.

Taeyeon was relieved that nobody was upset. She was actually surprised that they reacted this way.

"Does Baekhyun know?" Sehun asked.

"No."

"Are you going to tell him?" Tiffany added.

"I-I don't know. Wouldn't that be weird? Telling my best friend that I love him all of a sudden? He'd be weirded out." Suddenly Chanyeol got a flashback when Taeyeon said that.

FLASHBACK:

"Wouldn't that be weird, though? Telling my best friend that I've liked her since we were young? She'd be weirded out."

'Baekhyun said the exact same thing when I talked to him at that time.' Chanyeol thought. Then he focused back to what Taeyeon was saying.

"I think.. I'm afraid. I'm afraid of being rejected. Especially from him. Even if I didn't I didn't have these feelings.. Being rejected by Baekhyun would be the worst thing that would happen to me." She wistfully looked down. "I wouldn't risk our friendship for this."

The 4 of them were watching Taeyeon. They couldn't stand seeing her being like this. They already knew that Baekhyun's feelings are mutual. But it annoyed them how much they would hide their feelings for each other.

"Okay.. To tell you the truth.." Chanyeol started. Sehun, Tiffany and Seohyun knew what Chanyeol was about to say and also believed it was time to tell Taeyeon.

"Baekhyun has actually liked you since you guys were kids." he continued. Taeyeon looked to her screen and her eyes widened. She was shocked.

"R-really? All those years?" She asked. They nodded. Things became quiet for a few seconds. They thought Taeyeon's WI-FI was buffering because she wasn't moving.

"I've kept him waiting for too long.." She finally said. "I have to talk to him."

"What are you going to say?" Tiffany asked.

"I'm going to tell him how I feel.. I'm gonna do it." she smiled at her friends. Everyone else smiled as well.

"Good luck Unnie~" Seohyun said blissfully.

"Fighting!!" Chanyeol added.

"We're rooting for you two~" Sehun exclaimed.

"BaekYeon Fighting!!" Tiffany eye-smiled.

Taeyeon was so overwhelmed by everything that had just happened, but was so happy that she had loving support from her best friends.

"Thanks guys.." she smiled for the last time before ending their call. Then she quickly rushed out to meet with Baekhyun.

~ ~ ~

-4:27 PM-

*BEEP.. BEEP* "Baekhyun?" Taeyeon said on the phone. She had called Baekhyun to know where he was.

"Noona Annyeong~" He greeted.

"Where are you right now?" Taeyeon said in between pants. She was jogging around her neighborhood looking for Baekhyun.

"The bubble tea store. Why are you panting? Are you running?" He asked her.

"Stay there okay? I'm coming there." *BEEP* She had ended the call before Baekhyun could even say anything and began running to where he was.

"Noona?.. Taeng?" He checked the call and noticed that she had hung up. "Hm.. I wonder what's wrong." he said quietly to himself.

When Taeyeon arrived at the street where the bubble tea store was, she began to feel extremely nervous. Her heart was pounding and she found it hard to keep her whole body from shaking.

She breathed in and then out. "Sigh Okay Kim Taeyeon.. Whoo you can do this!!" she said, trying to encourage herself. At this point Taeyeon didn't care about what the outcome of their conversation would be, she just knew that he needed to know how she felt.

Taeyeon saw the bubble tea store across the street from her. She noticed the person she's fallen for leaning against the window of the store and smiled when she saw him. Baekhyun noticed Taeyeon on the other street and waved. Taeyeon made her way to the crosswalk to meet with him.

She walked on the street oblivious to the car ahead going faster than it should have. Baekhyun noticed the car and knew it wasn't going to stop. It became faster. Taeyeon still didn't notice. Baekhyun ran to Taeyeon and grabbed her. She was surprised by his act, but noticed the sounds of the car and turned to where it was. Every second it was coming closer. With not enough time for the both of them to move out of the way, Baekhyun pushes Taeyeon away from him and she lands on the street, out of the way of the car. She hears the brakes come to a sudden stop. Taeyeon tries to stand up but feels pain in her right ankle. She crawls to find Baekhyun and is horrified by what she saw. Baekhyun was lying on the street with his eyes closed. Blood coming from his body.

"B-Baekhyun? Baekhyun?!" She calls his name but he doesn't wake up.

People from the bubble tea store come out to see what has happened. The driver comes out of the car and is in shock of what happened. Taeyeon pays no attention to her surroundings.

"Please.. Please wake up.. Baekhyun.." Taeyeon cries out. She covers her face with her hands and sobs.

"Please.."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

:'(

 

-Taenghyunee